Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics (72066 Views)

Chicago-Bound Train Carrying 243 Passengers Derails, Casualties Reported / Kaduna-Bound Train Breaks Down As Passengers Trek 1000 Meters Via Bush To Kaduna / Baby Girl Born On Dublin-bound Train Gets 25 Years Free Rail Travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by luluman: 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
AkeNathan:
This one wey be like long bus

No even long sef sad
Do your eyes ever see good thing?
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by jeebz: 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2020
0monnak0da:

It will improve productivity is speculation
How will it operate as a business
That is the elephant in the room
Nigerian government bodies have repeatedly proven their ineptitude and corruption anywhere there us revenue.
Putting concrete and steel together is just the start
Already we hear of racketeering on the Lagos Kaduna route that only just started.
Eventually government will be forced to privatize especially when the loans fall due.
This is not a viable business with any concretel financial return to pay off the loan
Just speculative and nebulous gains like

" improve the productivity of the region"
Human capital is what improves productivity and we are not investing in that.

When the British left us we were transporting 11 million people a year by rail see what happened afterwards.

Having trains like this carrying passengers is a nice looking thing.

It will lose money
It will not bring developments unless it focusses on transportation of goods primarily
Bro, I am no fan of government, in one of my earlier posts I recommended that the ownership be transferred to the 3 states that the rail crosses.
Productivity will increase since rail is the most efficient means of transport. I don't have to worry about traffic or pot holes etc.
Profitability is a catch 22 situation, very few rail lines globally are close to been profitable, hence why I suggested the term Public Good. Privatization may be a good option for management only and not ownership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by 0monnak0da: 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2020
jeebz:

Bro, I am no fan of government, in one of my earlier posts I recommended that the ownership be transferred to the 3 states that the rail crosses.
Productivity will increase since rail is the most efficient means of transport. I don't have to worry about traffic or pot holes etc.
Profitability is a catch 22 situation, very few rail lines globally are close to been profitable, hence why I suggested the term Public Good. Privatization may be a good option for management only and not ownership.

Public good is an ASSUMPTION

It is not necessarily true
Rail is most efficient means of transport you claim
Another sweeping ASSUMPTION
By what metric is rail MOST EFFICIENT
What does efficient mean exactly
When you go through life without analysis and have so much faith in dogma you become lazy intellectually.
There is NO PLAN for this project other than to complete in ,cut the tape and take the photos.
Immediately the decay will commence .
It is not necessarily a good thing
Technically it is not viable because we lack the human capital and no strategy to develop that
Financially it is not viable because there is no management plan or strategy

It is just something to do to show activity but the conceptualization is flawed on many levels
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by jeebz: 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2020
0monnak0da:

Public good is an ASSUMPTION

It is not necessarily true
Rail is most efficient means of transport you claim
Another sweeping ASSUMPTION
By what metric is rail MOST EFFICIENT
What does efficient mean exactly
When you go through life without analysis and have so much faith in dogma you become lazy intellectually.
There is NO PLAN for this project other than to complete in ,cut the tape and take the photos.
Immediately the decay will commence .
It is not necessarily a good thing
Technically it is not viable because we lack the human capital and no strategy to develop that
Financially it is not viable because there is no management plan or strategy

It is just something to do to show activity but the conceptualization is flawed on many levels

Efficiency: http://theconversation.com/rail-travel-is-cleaner-than-driving-or-flying-but-will-americans-buy-in-112128
https://www.aar.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/AAR-Environmental-Benefits-Movig-Freight-by-Rail.pdf
https://ib.deutschebahn.com/ib2016/en/group-management-report/group-performance-environmental-dimension/progress-in-climate-protection/energy-efficiency-increased/
Public Good: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_good_(economics)
This is not dogma and don't get me started on analysis or research.
Let me recap:
1: I am not a fan of central/big governments, I prefer this project be owned by the 3 states it passes through and the managed be done privately.
2: Rail is far efficient that cars and flights, there are numerous articles supporting that claim. I also added, that the routes can be shared with cargo trains on a nightly schedule as obtains on some routes in the USA.
3. Many of the infrastructures (especially transport) in Nigeria are public goods in the sense that there is no real direct profitability, however these public goods create indirect profitability to the economy at large. The rail way it self can easily lead to the developments of new towns and cities in areas near the tracks.
Some of the points you made are very pessimistic and I am optimistic about the growth of the country and projects such as these will go a long way into showing the rest of the country that we can make changes in out little way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Cityguy: 12:24am On Jan 09, 2020
Tetehjewels:
This is an Ibadan-bound train crossing the newly-built Kajola Bridge. 3yrs ago, that whole area was a huge forest.

Muhammadu Buhari, Prof Osinbajo mean well for our dear country. By the time they are done with Nigeria, we'll be on the fast lane to growth and development.
Amen
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by eguarojeona: 12:32am On Jan 09, 2020
Tetehjewels:

I am an Akwa ibomite mumu boy.

You and goatluck Jonathan are high on dry gin
You are enjoying Buhari's non corruption and nepotistic behaviour now shey.Sell out.You are a disgrace to the south to be honest.You think you are smart and want to be woke.But you ain't.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by 0monnak0da: 12:49am On Jan 09, 2020
jeebz:

Efficiency: http://theconversation.com/rail-travel-is-cleaner-than-driving-or-flying-but-will-americans-buy-in-112128
https://www.aar.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/AAR-Environmental-Benefits-Movig-Freight-by-Rail.pdf
https://ib.deutschebahn.com/ib2016/en/group-management-report/group-performance-environmental-dimension/progress-in-climate-protection/energy-efficiency-increased/
Public Good: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_good_(economics)
This is not dogma and don't get me started on analysis or research.
Let me recap:
1: I am not a fan of central/big governments, I prefer this project be owned by the 3 states it passes through and the managed be done privately.
2: Rail is far efficient that cars and flights, there are numerous articles supporting that claim. I also added, that the routes can be shared with cargo trains on a nightly schedule as obtains on some routes in the USA.
3. Many of the infrastructures (especially transport) in Nigeria are public goods in the sense that there is no real direct profitability, however these public goods create indirect profitability to the economy at large. The rail way it self can easily lead to the developments of new towns and cities in areas near the tracks.
Some of the points you made are very pessimistic and I am optimistic about the growth of the country and projects such as these will go a long way into showing the rest of the country that we can make changes in out little way.

Efficiency must be reflected in financial statements.
Let us look at profitability from a different accounting perspective.
As a going concern trains need to be cleaned and serviced t
he whole business has costs. Will it sustain itself? We must not forget it is being paid for in dollar denominated loans
How will it be repaid?
Prayerful desire for knock on development will not provide the dollars to repay the loan.

We have seen naive exuberance calling itself optimism before.
Being optimistic does not mean the same vision.
I think passenger trains at this time are an unaffordable unmanageable luxury.
We should be spending most of our money on educating and or training our young people.
If we must have trains let them focus on using them commercially for the time being. Also they should be concessioned because we know government cannot run them and are building them with no vision for management
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:12am On Jan 09, 2020
THIS IS GOOD.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by jeebz: 3:38am On Jan 09, 2020
0monnak0da:

Efficiency must be reflected in financial statements.
Let us look at profitability from a different accounting perspective.
As a going concern trains need to be cleaned and serviced t
he whole business has costs. Will it sustain itself? We must not forget it is being paid for in dollar denominated loans
How will it be repaid?
Prayerful desire for knock on development will not provide the dollars to repay the loan.

We have seen naive exuberance calling itself optimism before.
Being optimistic does not mean the same vision.
I think passenger trains at this time are an unaffordable unmanageable luxury.
We should be spending most of our money on educating and or training our young people.
If we must have trains let them focus on using them commercially for the time being. Also they should be concessioned because we know government cannot run them and are building them with no vision for management

I will assume you are an economist or accountant with your use of financial terms. There are 2 ways to address your concerns and I have expatiated on one way which will be to treat the project as a public good with the possibility of stimulating economic growth in the southwest region. The economic growth across the 3 states will ultimately reverberate across the nation.
The other option will be to strive for financial productivity in order to repay the loan, not that transport infrastructure have payback duration longer than 2 decades. As someone who is very anti-central government, I wouldn't mind the rail system taken over by Lagos, Ogun and Oyo states with the possibility of outsourcing the management to a private company.
At the juncture, I rest my case
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by nini007(m): 4:43am On Jan 09, 2020
Meaning? OBJ started the rail projects throughout the federation.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by nini007(m): 4:45am On Jan 09, 2020
adem30:

In your poor dream
What's your point? OBJ started that rail projects throughout the federation. Learn.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 09, 2020
eguarojeona:
You are enjoying Buhari's non corruption and nepotistic behaviour now shey.Sell out.You are a disgrace to the south to be honest.You think you are smart and want to be woke.But you ain't.

Shut up and take your unpatriotic arse into the dark recesses of the hate filled cess pool you crawled out from.

You are a disgrace to humanity and already sold yourself short with this absolutely neuseating mindset you have.

I guess when Jonathan was in power he was not nepotistic right? Did Jonathan not sorround himself with mainly southern people?

You did not sell out and become a disgrace then right?

Rétard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by pedel: 6:48am On Jan 09, 2020
Have you ever being to the UK?
Well, there are trains exactly like these in the UK.
Not all their trains are high speed.

slimfit1:
Poor trains Rotime needs to go out . Buying locomotives with one head and carriages disgusting really. Why don't you go to UK and buy proper trains instead of buying substandard trains.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by mikolo80: 7:05am On Jan 09, 2020
popsy2:
Hmmm. We now hail deforestation as development. This will not end well for the ecological system.

I don't know who needs this but if you are In need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Trustees, NGO, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng
The interesting part is that consultation is free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by mikolo80: 7:06am On Jan 09, 2020
popsy2:
Hmmm. We now hail deforestation as development. This will not end well for the ecological system.

I don't know who needs this but if you are In need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Trustees, NGO, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng
The interesting part is that consultation is free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.
hope you're hanging in the air o and photosynthesizing since you love forest so much.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Revolva(m): 7:23am On Jan 09, 2020
slimfit1:

There are diesel engines trains everywhere.

Diesel engine will be waiting of fuel in this kind of nation where there is always fuel.scarcity

Well it's ok all I know tht Nigeria is a bad manager in such facilities even the locomotive one they won't utilise it and take care of it properly
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by chigozie007(m): 9:58am On Jan 09, 2020
Example of Bad Parental Upbringing.
Didnt your parents teach you to respect Elders , you this marlian... smiley
GoldenGeneral:
Your type will only believe negative news about our country but if you have any sense you will make your investigation before showing your shallow mind on this platform, they are video evidence of it but then you believe what you want
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by anonimi: 10:11am On Jan 09, 2020
popsy2:

Great observation. Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by bestlacrossereb: 10:32am On Jan 09, 2020
Lacrosse has gotten one of the most famous games in the warrior lacrosse rebounder United States and it is anything but difficult to perceive any reason why! It is quick paced, aggressive, key, and a huge amount of fun. Playing lacrosse will challenge your wellness, improve your readiness and increment your strategic basic leadership.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by popsy2(m): 11:08am On Jan 09, 2020
mikolo80:
hope you're hanging in the air o and photosynthesizing since you love forest so much.

Don't be naive.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Jaideyone(m): 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
Privatepart00:
All thanks to Goodluck Jonathan our darling ex president
keep decieving yourself. ewu
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Commentor: 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ameboperoo:

Why no seat belts in train?

Joking right?

Well trains generally do not have seat belts because they often have no obstructions and almost all stops are planned.

Hardly any abrupt stopping.

Do not suffer turbulence or weather effects as airplanes might.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by eguarojeona: 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Tetehjewels:

Shut up and take your unpatriotic arse into the dark recesses of the hate filled cess pool you crawled out from.

You are a disgrace to humanity and already sold yourself short with this absolutely neuseating mindset you have.

I guess when Jonathan was in power he was not nepotistic right? Did Jonathan not sorround himself with mainly southern people?

You did not sell out and become a disgrace then right?

Rétard
Lol,so much bile Jewel.I am not the cause of your troubles.Your BMC job is safe ok.Go for therapy man.Dont go kill yourself.Your mentor will leave and people would see for the fraud he is .
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Ameboperoo(m): 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
Commentor:

Joking right?
serious o
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Commentor: 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
eguarojeona:
Lol,so much bile Jewel.I am not the cause of your troubles.Your BMC job is safe ok.Go for therapy man.Dont go kill yourself.Your mentor will leave and people would see for the fraud he is .

Shut up.

Whenever people give it to you hot you resort to labelling them BMC.
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by mikolo80: 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2020
popsy2:

Don't be naive.
said the man who wants to farm and live without clearing land

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa / My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.