Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics (72074 Views)

Chicago-Bound Train Carrying 243 Passengers Derails, Casualties Reported / Kaduna-Bound Train Breaks Down As Passengers Trek 1000 Meters Via Bush To Kaduna / Baby Girl Born On Dublin-bound Train Gets 25 Years Free Rail Travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by wwwihy: 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
chozzy:

Oga, Buhari is not funding the rail project.

Instead, give credit to the Chinese for releasing steady funds (loan).

Buhari inherited the national railway modernization plan from GEJ.

Infact, GEJ had already completed about 99% of Abuja - Kaduna line and the
Lagos - Ibadan phase was next

I can swear on my late father's grave that Buhari would not have completed
5kms in 3yrs if funding was provided by his govt.

Your mumu no get part two... Continue wailing for your useless PDP

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Goldeno(m): 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
Guestlander:

You are right. After all we just found out about the existence of the Chinese just 3 years ago.
oh mhen you are ruthless cheesy grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by greatdreamer(m): 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
chozzy:

thank you bros very soon they will tell us that the freezing weather in Jos is as the result of Buhari recovery of AC stolen by PDP

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Staro: 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
Guestlander:

You are right. After all we just found out about the existence of the Chinese just 3 years ago.

Lol, some of you sound just plain daft.
Are you saying you were not aware of same Chinese rail project during GEJ tenure?

I mean, Abuja - Kaduna, Ajaokuta - Warri and Abuja Metro line.
So, you were not aware of massive work ongoing on those three rail projects during GEJ's tenure?
Intact, GEJ already completed over 99% of Abuja - Kaduna before handing over

How old are you or ... did you just start following FG activities only when Buhari became president?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Guestlander: 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
Staro:

Lol, some of you sound just plain daft.
Are you saying you were not aware of same Chinese rail project during GEJ tenure?

I mean, Abuja - Kaduna, Ajaokuta - Warri and Abuja Metro line.
So, you were not aware of massive work ongoing on those three rail projects during GEJ's tenure?
Intact, GEJ already completed over 99% of Abuja - Kaduna before handing over

How old are you or ... did you just start following FG activities only when Buhari became president?

First of all, the Lagos to Ibadan railway project was started under the Buhari administration. If you are not daft as you are trying to convince me then you will know that it is absurd to thank Jonathan for it.

We know when the contract was signed and when the actual construction started, all under Buhari. If you are not dumb then you should know that the success or failure of this project can only be attributed to Buhari's administration and not Jonathan.
I bet when the second Niger bridge is completed you will also thank Jonathan for it. If you are not a kid then I'm sorry for you.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by IkeOnyia: 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2020
Jesus Christ is merciful.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Staro: 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
Guestlander:

First of all, the Lagos to Ibadan railway project was started under the Buhari administration. If you are not daft as you are trying to convince me then you will know that it is absurd to thank Jonathan for it.

We know when the contract was signed and when the actual construction started, all under Buhari. If you are not dumb then you should know that the success or failure of this project can only be attributed to Buhari's administration and not Jonathan.
I bet when the second Niger bridge is completed you will also thank Jonathan for it. If you are not a kid then I'm sorry for you.

Oga, stop fooling yourself and displaying your ignorance in public.

The Lagos-Ibadan phase is part of the entire Lagos - Kano rail project.

The federal govt under GEJ only chose to break it down in phases for funding convenience.
The target was to complete Abuja - Kaduna first, then followed by Lagos - Ibadan.
Next phase is the Kaduna - Kano and finally Ibadan - Abuja

China has already agreed to execute the entire stretch from Lagos - Kano through a loan
deal while the FG only pays a token 10% as counterparts funds.

Buhari did not know anything about how GEJ and OBJ struck these deals with China.
He only inherited these projects and must continue them because China is too important to mess with.

The next president after Buhari will be duty bound to continue from wherever he stops.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by wwwihy: 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
Guestlander:

Don't mind mumu PDP Miscreants

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by wwwihy: 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
Staro:

Oga, stop fooling and displaying your ignorance in public.

The federal govt under GEJ only chose to break it down for funding convenience.
The target was to complete Abuja - Kaduna, then followed by Lagos - Ibadan.
Next phase is the Kaduna - Kano phase and finally Ibadan - Abuja

China has already agreed to execute the entire stretch from Lagos - Kano through a loan

Buhari did not know anything about how GEJ and OBJ struck these deals with Chine.
He only inherited these projects and must continue them because China is too important to mess with.

The next president after Buhari will be duty bound to continue from wherever he stops.

Stop spreading fake news and lies

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by ruggedtimi(m): 7:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
what happens to niger delta
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 7:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
adem30:

In your poor dream
For your mind you think bubu can start railway project and finished it in less than 5 years

All thanks to GEJ wh initiated this lovely idea

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Guestlander: 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2020
Staro:

The federal govt under GEJ only chose to break it down in phases for funding convenience.
The target was to complete Abuja - Kaduna first, then followed by Lagos - Ibadan.

Buhari did not know anything about how GEJ and OBJ struck these deals with China.

I put it to you that you are a liar. Jonathan and OBJ? Did Jonathan and Obj participate in the same government? There was Yar' Adua between the two. How did you come up with Jonathan and OBJ?
You are trying to avoid saying the railway masterplan was not even Jonathan's idea! How dishonest.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Liposure: 8:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
Next level in progress

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by ORIENTATION101: 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
Staro:

oloriburuku if buhari complete 2nd niger bridge it is goodluck that paid for it .
The lagos to Ibadan was funded by loan and started in 2017.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Guestlander: 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
Nigeria: President Obasanjo Unfolds Bold, New 25-Year Railway Modernisation And Expansion Plan

https://allafrica.com/stories/200608090927.html

https://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/obasanjo-unveils-railway-rejuvenation-plan-288754
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by shosky1794: 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
Guestlander:
Nigeria: President Obasanjo Unfolds Bold, New 25-Year Railway Modernisation And Expansion Plan

https://allafrica.com/stories/200608090927.html

https://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/obasanjo-unveils-railway-rejuvenation-plan-288754

So it's no more GEJ, it's now Obasanjo. You guys are jokers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Guestlander: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
shosky1794:

So it's no more GEJ, it's now Obasanjo. You guys are jokers

I assume you can read and understand what you read.
Obasanjo made the 25 year masterplan, each administration is just following the plan and doing their part.

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by shosky1794: 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
Guestlander:

I assume sure you can read and understand what you read.
Obasanjo made the 25 masterplan, each administration is just following the plan and doing their part.

Using 8 years to create ordinary masterplan. Left to them, executing the masterplan would have taken over 100 years

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by leokid866: 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
Privatepart00:
All thanks to Goodluck Jonathan our darling ex president

Lol.....

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Dedetwo(m): 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
Please Yari.ba peeps continue to enjoy the money from the so-called Niger Delta since you succeeded in turning the heads of imaginary inhabitants upside down by educating them that their forbearers are unknown figures and Ndigbo are bogymen. Majority of the goons from the so-called Niger Delta will die of cancer sooner or later since they dabble in crude oil without protective gears all in the manner to eke out a living through illegal crude oil bunkering. I really cannot sympathize with people who mock their creators.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by leokid866: 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
slimfit1:
Poor trains Rotime needs to go out . Buying locomotives with one head and carriages disgusting really. Why don't you go to UK and buy proper trains instead of buying substandard trains.
Please why don't you help us go there and buy it......in an age we are asking people to buy Nigeria your mind is in the UK.....do you know these coaches were made In Nigeria? The train head and engines were imported and assembled here but the coaches were 100% made in Nigeria....if you are not satisfied with their look I sincerely with no judgment or bitterness urge you to design better carriages and present to the respective state agencies in charge. The people in the UK you are referring to wanted better so they designed better I urge you to do the same.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by 0monnak0da: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
I think rail for goods /commercial freight will be more viable.
I wonder how much the average commuter would be prepared to pay and whether that makes business sense considering what we borrowed.
How would the loan be repaid?
Not by the likes of those sitting in those pics for the next 30 years.

It needs to be run like a business otherwise in future I see it being privatized at huge loss to the taxpayer
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by 7thLemonLOVER(f): 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2020
I just hope they are well maintained even after 6 years
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Lisaint(m): 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
In the picture
Why did they spread sack on the floor?
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by adem30: 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:

For your mind you think bubu can start railway project and finished it in less than 5 years

All thanks to GEJ wh initiated this lovely idea
Kindly visit your Doctor, you are due already

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by TUANKU(m): 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
Though am not a supporter of Buhari due to his leadership style - ignoring court orders & the nepotism in his appointments and religious/ethnic bigotry, i must confess in terms of infrastructural development major general Buhari has performed quite well, he even completed the ones abandoned by his predecessors.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by jeebz: 3:23am On Jan 08, 2020
0monnak0da:
I think rail for goods /commercial freight will be more viable.
I wonder how much the average commuter would be prepared to pay and whether that makes business sense considering what we borrowed.
How would the loan be repaid?
Not by the likes of those sitting in those pics for the next 30 years.

It needs to be run like a business otherwise in future I see it being privatized at huge loss to the taxpayer

Cargo trains can use the rails at Night.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by 0monnak0da: 3:40am On Jan 08, 2020
jeebz:

Cargo trains can use the rails at Night.
I think the point eludes you.
Cargo will pay more money than people.
How much can the Nigerian customer pay?
Is it profitable as a business
If it was your business would you prioritise low paying people

Truth is for people it would be too expensive for average people without subsidy.
Are we doing this for the right reasons.
Or so we can say we too have trains.
Almost all the inputs are imported
Paid for in dollars.
So we should expect similar pricing
The loans are in dollars

If the MAIN business is carrying people .

It will never break even . Will there even be money for maintenance

Minimum wage in Nigeria is what ?

A train journey to Ibadan should be about 10000?
How many can afford it
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by kettykings: 3:45am On Jan 08, 2020
chozzy:

Do you have to bring in your father into discussions about Nigeria we are not sure will survive 2023 elections, why not just discuss with out swearing, this is a real ponzi country if you don't know yet

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Guestlander: 3:51am On Jan 08, 2020
0monnak0da:

I think the point eludes you.
Cargo will pay more money than people.
How much can the Nigerian customer pay?
Is is profitable as a business
If it was your business would you prioritise low paying people

Truth is for people it would be too expensive for average people without subsidy.
Are we doing this for the right reasons.
Or so we can say we too have trains.
Almost all the inputs are imported
Paid for in dollars.
So we should expect similar pricing
The loans are in dollars

If the MAIN business is carrying people .

It will never break even . Will there even be money for maintenance

Minimum wage in Nigeria is what ?

A train journey to Ibadan should be about 10000?
How many can afford it

Do cargo trains use different rail lines? If the trains are going to carry only passengers why the need to link it with the ports in Lagos and the inland port in Ibadan?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by 0monnak0da: 4:14am On Jan 08, 2020
Guestlander:

Do cargo trains use different rail lines? If the trains are going to carry only passengers why the need to link it with the ports in Lagos and the inland port in Ibadan?
Y
My point is that passengers are not economically viable in Nigeria and essentially are a white elephant project from tha perspective

Ah airport maybe be constructed for passenger and converted to cargo use if the numbers do not add up

When the British brought the rail to Nigeria and indeed when rail was invented it was for cargo originally.
Passenger rail came later as society became more prosperous

In my opinion there is too much poverty in Nigeria to make the passenger side viable. I hope I am wrong
Re: Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics by Bighead9: 5:17am On Jan 08, 2020
Buhari is working. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How I Started My Tricycle (Keke) Business & How Much I Make In A Day (Photo) / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.