Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,597 members, 7,770,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:42 AM

My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police (28228 Views)

My Recent Experience / Taraba Women Protest The Recent Killings By Bandits (Photos) / 7 Things That Can Get You Into Trouble With The Police(SARS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by DaddyMorenike: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
You and your friend who are graduated from Eksu. This Your English alone sef suppose make them arrest you twice.

2 Likes

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by talk2hb1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
Badt Polici
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Caleb17: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
I keeping wondering if Nigerian Police Force is not ashamed of the bad image they have created for themselves.

99% of the rank and file of the Nigerian Police Force are bribe takers and brutal to citizens.
Nigerian Police , please change , this is new year

3 Likes

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2020
Hope lost in this country am moving to a safer country
We are not even safe in terms of police and soldier they keep harassing people all the time

3 Likes

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
guy , the police must chop nah! i want to join police too, some are even using their personal sienna to patrol , this is business.

6 Likes

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by GeoAfrikana(m): 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
CANDYDADDY:
you are even lucky you don't jammed the real terrorist 'SARS or EFCC'

And dont forget not to travel or walk with a laptop,cos that's automatically an evidence

Blame it on them, most of them are old standard 6 holder and not to forget the one that sanction and order their doings, the old useless,illiterate,unproductive at the top

You just had to bring in politics. So SARS and EFCC were highly disciplined during GEJ's era?!
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by jeyselassie(m): 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
solotutu:
My Experience with Nigerian Police officers on my way to PPA.
A Real Life Experience as Narrated to closest Description.

So yesterday I and my friend who are graduated from EKSU who are NYSC corpers resuming in ENUGU for Posting from Ekiti state were stopped AT A CHECKPOINT by The NPF in the bus and one of us was accused of being a fraudster (Yahoo Yahoo) cos he carried a Laptop and there was tape on the webcam.

He was first suspected cos of his Looks. One of the most insane and annoying Reasons to accuse or suspect someone for fraud.
He was separated from all the passengers and our bus was delayed for 30mins everyone had to alight from the bus.

After denying or agreeing to their forceful advise to confess to what he didn't do. The driver of the bus was asked to drop his load.
And they ordered the bus to go. After paying bus fare and our Destination was still far away imagine such cruelty.

I agreed to stay with my friend and refused to agree with their claims. His phone was Seized and denied access to any of his things. I started to make calls but MTN network was so poor in the region, we were at UDI, FRSC Enugu.

I already knew all these was a ploy to extort money from us so I kept vouching for my friend and saying I can't leave him for them to carry on their threat to take him to EFCC office for questioning Without any evidence seen or gotten from their claim, It was a very messed up situation.

After few mins his load was put in their honda car and the Police in charge said they should take him to EFCC.

My friend agreed to accompany them since they started to talk aggressively and forceful.. note: they were armed and it's early 2020. We know what I'm trying to say.

So I went to talk to the officer in command to let us know how my friend can be freed from whatever crime they said he committed, he said my friend and the two other officers would settle it in the car, that any arrangement (bribe/ Extortion) he wants to do he should settle it with them. He said if my friend had agreed to their claim and not played smart he would just leave us to go (A ploy again for us to implicate ourselves) I was so furious inside me but I kept my cool.

They took my friend and were already driving when I refused to let him go alone the oga called them and said I should go with them.
I had already updated my NYSC group chat and asked people to start calling whoever they could to help us out. The Local Gov Inspector was msgd and called, but he was not answering calls, and the corpers were already active to solve the situation we were facing.

In the car the officer asked my friend to open his phone hoping to see any evidence but he found none. They searched even his bank alert notification and were probably disappointed.

He was allowed to make a phone call after much protesting so he called his mum, and explained what happened... She requested to speak to the officer and she did. She told them we are just coming from Ekiti state and that they should check us well and if there was nothing to say we were Yahoo boys we must be released. She told my friend she would start to make calls... That must have scared them.

We both kept our story straight and telling them that we are not fraudsters and by now they would have seen or gotten what they wanted. I explained that I was a photographer and A PR/ influencer and that our dressing or gadgets is not evidence of us as Yahoo boys. My friend also explained to them that he was a computer science graduate and webcams are usually hacked that's why the webcam was covered. By then they had driven us 20 mins away and passed their Police station already when they said we would pay 100,000 to clear ourselves that we have hidden all the evidence. Such bullshit!!! We told them they'll have to kill us to get the 100k that we came to Enugu to get cleared for the allowance from Fed govt.

The officer driving called the oga and spoke their dialect, I was sure he was saying that the ploy or operation was not successful and that we weren't Yahoo boys they wouldn't get any big payday money from us either ways. So I'm sure he was instructed to return, The car was turned around and we headed back to the checkpoint the Oga was waiting.

Well they got tired I guess and the Oga started to say that we must pay for the fuel in their car since we wasted their time... wow another stunner. Inside life.. I thanked God that my thinking and Jasi was like a marlian...

My friend paid 3,000 as bail/fuel money that's what they called it we were released. All this had happened and then calls started to come in. The LI called me to ask what was happening, I was just furious cos his call came in Late after all had happened. I just replied we had been released. He didn't even ask any more questions he just dropped the call. Mtcheewww.
My friend was pissed and frustrated. A bus was stopped for us and we boarded and left.

It's sad how things like this keep happening daily and in the face of the Government and
Top Officials of the Nigerian police force.
Unapproved Checkpoints of which the main purpose is not carried out.
- Unlawful stop and search of passengers based on appearances,
- - checking of people's phones without warrant or real evidence that the owner is a fraudster or Yahoo whatever.
- Brutal assault to unarmed citizens and youths without cause.
The List goes on and on. Something need to be done. And whoever is ready to do the right thing should start with the little they can do.

Your suggestions are welcomed.

next time chief get 1 name of the officer if possible 2 and their chest tag and paste it here. Guy believe me they will call you bac

2 Likes

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Grupo(m): 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

You just had to bring in politics. So SARS and EFCC were highly disciplined during GEJ's era?!

During GEJs tenure, EFCC was not breaking into young boys' homes like criminals and accusing them of being yahoo Boys.

2 Likes

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Originalsly: 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
solotutu:

The LI called me to ask what was happening,

I was just furious cos his call came in Late after all had happened.

I just replied we had been released.

He didn't even ask any more questions he just dropped the call.

So you had the opportunity to narrate the whole encounter but didn't because you were furious? ...and throughout the whole encounter you took no photos, videos nor audio recordings?... but can come here and be calling for change? ...and you call yourself a social influence? Even illiterates be posting photos/videos on SM.... and action is taken. Now what really should we do with this your report?

2 Likes

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by qanda: 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
The Nigerian Police is my measure for a better Nigeria. The day the Nigerian Police is sanitized, Nigeria will get better.
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Starboytwo(m): 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2020
G
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by GeoAfrikana(m): 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
solotutu:
My Experience with Nigerian Police officers on my way to PPA.
A Real Life Experience as Narrated to closest Description.

So yesterday I and my friend who are graduated from EKSU who are NYSC corpers resuming in ENUGU for Posting from Ekiti state were stopped AT A CHECKPOINT by The NPF in the bus and one of us was accused of being a fraudster (Yahoo Yahoo) cos he carried a Laptop and there was tape on the webcam.

He was first suspected cos of his Looks. One of the most insane and annoying Reasons to accuse or suspect someone for fraud.
He was separated from all the passengers and our bus was delayed for 30mins everyone had to alight from the bus.

After denying or agreeing to their forceful advise to confess to what he didn't do. The driver of the bus was asked to drop his load.
And they ordered the bus to go. After paying bus fare and our Destination was still far away imagine such cruelty.

I agreed to stay with my friend and refused to agree with their claims. His phone was Seized and denied access to any of his things. I started to make calls but MTN network was so poor in the region, we were at UDI, FRSC Enugu.

I already knew all these was a ploy to extort money from us so I kept vouching for my friend and saying I can't leave him for them to carry on their threat to take him to EFCC office for questioning Without any evidence seen or gotten from their claim, It was a very messed up situation.

After few mins his load was put in their honda car and the Police in charge said they should take him to EFCC.

My friend agreed to accompany them since they started to talk aggressively and forceful.. note: they were armed and it's early 2020. We know what I'm trying to say.

So I went to talk to the officer in command to let us know how my friend can be freed from whatever crime they said he committed, he said my friend and the two other officers would settle it in the car, that any arrangement (bribe/ Extortion) he wants to do he should settle it with them. He said if my friend had agreed to their claim and not played smart he would just leave us to go (A ploy again for us to implicate ourselves) I was so furious inside me but I kept my cool.

They took my friend and were already driving when I refused to let him go alone the oga called them and said I should go with them.
I had already updated my NYSC group chat and asked people to start calling whoever they could to help us out. The Local Gov Inspector was msgd and called, but he was not answering calls, and the corpers were already active to solve the situation we were facing.

In the car the officer asked my friend to open his phone hoping to see any evidence but he found none. They searched even his bank alert notification and were probably disappointed.

He was allowed to make a phone call after much protesting so he called his mum, and explained what happened... She requested to speak to the officer and she did. She told them we are just coming from Ekiti state and that they should check us well and if there was nothing to say we were Yahoo boys we must be released. She told my friend she would start to make calls... That must have scared them.

We both kept our story straight and telling them that we are not fraudsters and by now they would have seen or gotten what they wanted. I explained that I was a photographer and A PR/ influencer and that our dressing or gadgets is not evidence of us as Yahoo boys. My friend also explained to them that he was a computer science graduate and webcams are usually hacked that's why the webcam was covered. By then they had driven us 20 mins away and passed their Police station already when they said we would pay 100,000 to clear ourselves that we have hidden all the evidence. Such bullshit!!! We told them they'll have to kill us to get the 100k that we came to Enugu to get cleared for the allowance from Fed govt.

The officer driving called the oga and spoke their dialect, I was sure he was saying that the ploy or operation was not successful and that we weren't Yahoo boys they wouldn't get any big payday money from us either ways. So I'm sure he was instructed to return, The car was turned around and we headed back to the checkpoint the Oga was waiting.

Well they got tired I guess and the Oga started to say that we must pay for the fuel in their car since we wasted their time... wow another stunner. Inside life.. I thanked God that my thinking and Jasi was like a marlian...

My friend paid 3,000 as bail/fuel money that's what they called it we were released. All this had happened and then calls started to come in. The LI called me to ask what was happening, I was just furious cos his call came in Late after all had happened. I just replied we had been released. He didn't even ask any more questions he just dropped the call. Mtcheewww.
My friend was pissed and frustrated. A bus was stopped for us and we boarded and left.

It's sad how things like this keep happening daily and in the face of the Government and
Top Officials of the Nigerian police force.
Unapproved Checkpoints of which the main purpose is not carried out.
- Unlawful stop and search of passengers based on appearances,
- - checking of people's phones without warrant or real evidence that the owner is a fraudster or Yahoo whatever.
- Brutal assault to unarmed citizens and youths without cause.
The List goes on and on. Something need to be done. And whoever is ready to do the right thing should start with the little they can do.

Your suggestions are welcomed.

Very saddening occurrence. I had a similar experience when I travelled to Owerri. The guy even threatened to handcuff me. Nonsense!

It's good to know that you maintained your stand and you didn't leave your friend.

On another note, did you know that it's illegal for Corps members to travel without written permission? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by GeoAfrikana(m): 2:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
Grupo:

During GEJs tenure, EFCC was not breaking into young boys' homes like criminals and accusing them of being yahoo Boys.

During OBJ's time EFCC wasn't harassing civilians at all!!!

Their bad ways started during GEJ's tenure. What did he do to correct it?!
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by nkeona(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
This nonsense don't happen in the North.
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by seanwilliam(m): 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
I don cut my haircut style to low cut and I no dey comot anyhow these days

1 Like

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Grupo(m): 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

During OBJ's time EFCC wasn't harassing civilians at all!!!

Their bad ways started during GEJ's tenure. What did he do to correct it?!

Name instances when EFCC harassed civilians during GEJ's time.

But just a simple search on nairaland will lead you to several cases where efcc broke into people's homes, accusing them wrongly of being fraudsters.
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2020
DaddyMorenike:
You and your friend who are graduated from Eksu. This Your English alone sef suppose make them arrest you twice.

Have you checked your own grammar too Oga Correcter "You and your friend who are graduated from Eksu".

His own grammar is far better than yours.

8 Likes

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Grupo(m): 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2020
seanwilliam:
I don cut my haircut style to low cut and I no dey comot anyhow these days

Same with me bro. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

1 Like

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by DaddyMorenike: 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
quirus:

Have your checked your own grammar too Oga Correcter "You and your friend who are graduated from Eksu".

His own grammar is far better than yours.
correcter? Mad oh!
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Onozboy(m): 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
DaddyMorenike:

Sharap
English is a borrowed language
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Starboytwo(m): 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
Me- oga I no be Yahoo na, I be student

Popo- come down or I will shoot you

Me- ehn? Oga abeg no shootu ooo, abeg, pls na only me be my mama pikin? I don dey come down, biko

Popo- now, tell me the truth and I swear to God I will release you, ok

Me - ok

Popo- you are a internet fraudster abi?

Me- I don't understand sir,

Popo-(vexing) you are a Yahoo Yahoo boy, tell me the truth

Me- I'm not a Yahoo boy, I'm a student

Popo- I know people like you, you think you are tough, I will tell you I have dealth with worse, by the time I thru with you, you will say the truth..

Me- but oga, na truth I tell you nah, abi wetin make I talk again, make I lie on top my head...

Popo- you are not ready, 'enter motor'... I say enter motor! Na una go dey Rob people for night, see hin dada hair, and you say you be student

Me- oga I be student, and a musician that's why,

Popo- only you be student, only you be musician, you must be mad... Even if you are musician, na only you dey sing, abi na must make you do dada, you nor dey see tuface hair?

Me- oga tuface don geh bald head that's why, him nor fit Bab anything but scodo...

Popo- na me dey even follow you talk, hey, lock this boy inside motor, na criminal, no let am run ooo...

Few minutes later with 2k exchanged, me and baba became friends ....

Police is your friend after you pay money...

6 Likes

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Onozboy(m): 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2020
payperpost:
guy , the police must chop! some are even using their personal car to hustle , they now buy sienna so they can hustle !

all retired yahoo boys are joining police and they know how to search , they have probably made 2million that day , I must join police oo

Common sense is not common
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
DaddyMorenike:
correcter? Mad oh!

Pick the log from your eyes first.

Have you checked your dictionary lately? You need to do it often.
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by lucky4west: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
hmmm thank God you escaped their clutches and can tell the story...Nigeria police force any be extension all the armed forces except for a few who are genuinely discharging their duties have lost focus and are the actual threat to the well being of the citizens...they are nothing but pure armed robbers on the high way
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by tellwisdom: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
Why are Nigerians so scared of death? I end up collecting money from them for wasting my time. But well, all man to his glory.
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by BlackSeptember: 2:53pm On Jan 08, 2020
I developed migraine reading what an EKSU graduate wrote.

My daughter will never attend that school

1 Like

Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Orofun1: 2:53pm On Jan 08, 2020
Same with me bro, to avoid stories that touch....I dey always get #100 notes in my car, not minding the fact that all my vehicle documents are in order. Once they ask me what I bring for them, na to dash them #100 , make one yeye gun totting idiot no come do me nonsense
GboyegaD:
I am just so scared of the Nigerian police. The few I saw around Christmas, I was quick to do Christmas for them once they ask of it. Imagine being at a check point and the police is cocking a gun and pointing it towards the driver of the vehicle ahead of you.
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by Liposure: 2:53pm On Jan 08, 2020
The nigerian police force needs to undergo a mental revolution. If not nothing will change
Re: My Recent Tragic Experience With The Police by apesinola001: 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2020
Mokason28:
lipsrsealed
Police is your friend
Biggest scam of the century

Have you noticed that most NPF usually die painful and miserable death...

They will continue to die like that unless they change their ways.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years / Female Student Robbed & Stabbed In FUPRE, Effurun Delta State (Graphic) / Corpers Kidnapped On Their Way To Camp, Rescued In A Forest In Imo. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.