Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers (38313 Views)

Army Reacts To Gruesome Murder Of Two Soldiers By IPOB/ESN / Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah / Payment Of N1000 Development Levy By Kaduna Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by EmmyOD(m): 7:22am On Jan 08, 2020
anonimi:

Are you a psychotherapist

Lol. I mistakenly read what you wrote as Before next Tuesday i'll be forgotten...everyone will move on like it never happened.
I have modified it
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by olasaad(f): 7:23am On Jan 08, 2020
The one in Aba are very smart. They have some civilians guys that help in collecting this money. The soldiers don't collect it directly

2 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by LindaUjuKen: 7:23am On Jan 08, 2020
Idiot militants claiming soldiers
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by zoedew: 7:24am On Jan 08, 2020
Investigating what? At Lokoja Bridge Head Inward and Outward it is as clear as day!
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by seeker121(m): 7:24am On Jan 08, 2020
Come to Idiroko border road here you will see them collecting it from motorist.They should conduct the investigation Nationwide and not only in Borno.
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by segzy17: 7:33am On Jan 08, 2020
Nigeria is a failed state, with sorting here and there, how much will be left for the so call driver and their families.
I think it's high time we live up to this challenge rather than waiting on God through prayer to solve our problems. WE ARE OUR OWN PROBLEM

1 Like

Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by eguarojeona: 7:44am On Jan 08, 2020
Th army they collect toll in Edo,ekiti now.i have seen.They have been doing that for a while now.its ingenious of them to say they are unaware.And what rubbish is counterproductive because a governor is wailing?
I am sure a lot of people have complained before.
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by 1forall: 7:51am On Jan 08, 2020
Allegation? Lol.
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by ezenna191(m): 7:53am On Jan 08, 2020
What does he mean by the outburst could be counter productive? People are dying in droves and your men are busy helping themselves with bribe money part of which is sent to you as bush allawee. Face the truth and save the lives of Nigerians.
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by Germi9: 7:58am On Jan 08, 2020
Army own nor dey pain me,na police own dey paaaaain me
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by Jeamillz2020(m): 7:58am On Jan 08, 2020
Nonsense
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by israelmao(m): 7:59am On Jan 08, 2020
Corruption in Nigeria is now legalised,what my eyes saw on the routes I plyed when I was coming back from my hometown was appalling,at almost every checkpoint uniform personnel unremorsefully asked for bribe which they referred to as "kola".
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by nascodamus(m): 7:59am On Jan 08, 2020
kill gonorrhea in 30minute call 08067405426
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by Eberex(m): 8:01am On Jan 08, 2020
Dem get sense.

Now that people have traveled and returned home is when they are talking this rubbish.
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by ak22(m): 8:03am On Jan 08, 2020
Awol1:
They should sanction them o because if the army joins the police in shouting "Owo da", then we are finished in this country o.

I used to swear for these guys o.

Na today, you no know say police gene don enter Army ni
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by Jaqenhghar: 8:16am On Jan 08, 2020
festacman:
What is the difference between Boko haram terrorists attacking a vulnerable people and Nigerian soldiers extorting the same vulnerable people who are already traumatized?

Nigerian military authorities should do the needful because this video, which has gone viral and already 'YouTubed' is a BLOT on the image of Nigerian Army hitherto higly regarded for its exemplary conduct at UN peacekeeping missions.

It depicts poor state of discipline and zero empathy for local community. It is a show of SHAME.
By now it should be clear what the Nigger army really is. A very weak, indisciplined, unprofessional institution headed by some empty headed bufoons who are only interested in what they can siphon while their "houseboys" await their turn to eat. The average soldier's loyalty is to his oga and the oga to his stomach. Not to the citizen or to the country

2 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by Jaqenhghar: 8:19am On Jan 08, 2020
segzy17:
Nigeria is a failed state, with sorting here and there, how much will be left for the so call driver and their families.
I think it's high time we live up to this challenge rather than waiting on God through prayer to solve our problems. WE ARE OUR OWN PROBLEM
I fear that before sanity is returned to that country we may reach a state of total chaos.....breakdown of law and order. Then maybe sanity will be restored from the ashes.
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by eagleu: 8:26am On Jan 08, 2020
After army, we have police, customs, and Dss. Everyone one of them Buhari outfit wants to collect money directly from citizens on the roads
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 08, 2020
Sunofgod:

https://punchng.com/army-reacts-to-alleged-collection-of-n1000-at-checkpoints-by-officers/

See hypocrisy!
As if the Army Authority does not know it's a status quo.

Nigerian Army almost became arrant nuisance at Ita-Ore, Ekiti state, the way its soldiers extort money from the commercial drivers before they were cautioned.

In fact, you would be surprised to hear that their superiors are collecting their share!
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by OlujobaSamuel: 8:29am On Jan 08, 2020
The foolish army dey even use style shade the governor for making the extortion known to the public.
Come to Ijagemo, Lagos state, the army collects from every commercial mobility on that road, from okada(₦100) to Cement truck or tipper(₦1000).
They formerly collect themselves, now they use okada union members (those giving tickets) to collect it, if you don't give them, they signal to the soldiers who will eventually stop you and create an issue with you so as to punish you or extort you.

1 Like

Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by luluosas(m): 8:45am On Jan 08, 2020
Let's see how it goes
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by ngwababe(f): 8:46am On Jan 08, 2020
fernandoc:
What allegations? It’s not news that Nigeria Army now collects money at check points like police.
Go to Calabar-Itu bridge it’s going on there even as I’m typing this.

Aba na worst.
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by collins88(m): 8:46am On Jan 08, 2020
FGN fund the military
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by Rockandroll(m): 9:03am On Jan 08, 2020
It's a normal thing in most of the high way.. go to Auchi Igarra and Auchi Okene road. Just be on the queue and you will see them taking it as if it's their right
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by juman(m): 9:15am On Jan 08, 2020
ProfDview:
Before next Tuesday it'll be forgotten...everyone will move on like it never happened

Gbam
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by juman(m): 9:16am On Jan 08, 2020
Nigeria was destroyed mainly by military generals.
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by Farki: 9:25am On Jan 08, 2020
festacman:
What is the difference between Boko haram terrorists attacking a vulnerable people and Nigerian soldiers extorting the same vulnerable people who are already traumatized?

Nigerian military authorities should do the needful because this video, which has gone viral and already 'YouTubed' is a BLOT on the image of Nigerian Army hitherto higly regarded for its exemplary conduct at UN peacekeeping missions.

It depicts poor state of discipline and zero empathy for local community. It is a show of SHAME.

Nigerian soldiers are already known to be indisciplined. Wasn't it last week some cadets blocked a bridge in the name of celebration? The way some soldiers harass and oppress citizens its like we are still in military rule.
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by ekoileblog(m): 9:26am On Jan 08, 2020
Wait oh , I thought it was N1000 they were collecting
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by Btruth: 9:36am On Jan 08, 2020
It's a long time exercise for them. Back in 2012/2013 we experienced them a lot on the Iseyin/Shaki road at Okaka in Oyo state.
Re: Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers by amc: 9:39am On Jan 08, 2020
festacman:

What kind of person makes such a comparison? You can castigate the offending officers but your comparison is very insensitive to the families of those that have been beheaded, raped and shot by the evil Boko Haram.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Probe Ongoing — Abdulrasheed Bawa, EFCC Chairman / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Again / Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.