Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court (1409 Views)

I Won’t Dance Unclad In Village Over Adultery – Wife Tells Court, Seeks Divorce / He Is Your Son, But I Am Not Going For Any DNA Test. Wife Tells Husband(video) / I Don’t Enjoy Sex With My Husband. His Joystick Is Too Big – Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by dayo229: 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
Opeyemi Bakare, on Wednesday, told a Customary Court in Mapo, Ibadan that her husband of 13 years, Olawale, pushed her into committing adultery with his behaviour.

Opeyemi, a fashion designer who resides in Olunde area in Ibadan, says Olawale beats her and nags too much.

“I confess that I flirt with different men. At first, whenever men ask for my number, I give them my husband’s mobile phone number so that they will not approach me again.

“However, when Olawale’s attitude became aggressive, I had to look for another man who could take good care of me and who would not expose me to hunger and thirst.

“When he got to know that I was dating another man, Olawale poured petrol on me with the intention to burn me alive but he couldn’t lay his hands on matches at that time, maybe I would have been dead by now.

“Besides, he doesn’t respect my mother,” Opeyemi alleged.

On his part, Olawale, who objected to the divorce, denied all the allegations saying, “She also nags and insults me, using unprintable names. I also informed her parents about her waywardness.

“I make sure that I provide for her and my three children. For the sake of the children, please don’t separate us."

However, Chief Ademola Odunade, the President of the court, dissolved the marriage citing threat to life as the reason.

Opeyemi was awarded custody of the three children and Olawale was ordered to pay N15,000 as monthly feeding allowance for the children in addition to being responsible for their education and other welfare. (NAN)

Source:
https://www.denland.site/2020/01/my-husband-pushed-me-into-adultery-wife.html

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by Davash222(m): 3:43pm On Jan 08, 2020
Mumu man still want the marriage after the ashawo wife confess of being a prostitute.
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by PointZerom: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2020
Davash222:
Mumu man still want the marriage after the ashawo wife confess of being a prostitute.

Maybe he wants to use her for money ritual.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by GOFRONT(m): 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2020
grin
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2020
if the hubby didnt treat her well then she should have DIVORCE HIM 1st and then look for another man....and certainly not cheat. no wonder he tried to kill her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by izzou(m): 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
Davash222:

dayo229:

“I make sure that I provide for her and my three children. For the sake of the children, please don’t separate us."

Actually, I think he's wise.

They have both made mistakes. The woman cheated on him, and maybe he did cheat(or not). But for him to still want her, means he acknowledges he is/was part of the problem.

But he wants to fix his marriage, because of his children. Most societal problems stem from faulty marriages, which lead to broken homes... And then kids who were not corrected or have no moral roots are raised.

The man is wise.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by bukatyne(f): 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
dayo229:
Opeyemi Bakare, on Wednesday, told a Customary Court in Mapo, Ibadan that her husband of 13 years, Olawale, pushed her into committing adultery with his behaviour.

Opeyemi, a fashion designer who resides in Olunde area in Ibadan, says Olawale beats her and nags too much.

“I confess that I flirt with different men. At first, whenever men ask for my number, I give them my husband’s mobile phone number so that they will not approach me again.

“However, when Olawale’s attitude became aggressive, I had to look for another man who could take good care of me and who would not expose me to hunger and thirst.

“When he got to know that I was dating another man, Olawale poured petrol on me with the intention to burn me alive but he couldn’t lay his hands on matches at that time, maybe I would have been dead by now.

“Besides, he doesn’t respect my mother,” Opeyemi alleged.

On his part, Olawale, who objected to the divorce, denied all the allegations saying, “She also nags and insults me, using unprintable names. I also informed her parents about her waywardness.

However, Chief Ademola Odunade, the President of the court, dissolved the marriage citing threat to life as the reason.

Opeyemi was awarded custody of the three children and Olawale was ordered to pay N15,000 as monthly feeding allowance for the children in addition to being responsible for their education and other welfare. (NAN)

Source:
https://www.denland.site/2020/01/my-husband-pushed-me-into-adultery-wife.html

What right does the court have to dissolve the marriage when both parties still want it or have not indicated interest in dissolving the union?

Nowhere the wife indicated she wanted a divorce. She only said her husband pushed her to adultery with his aggressive behavior and disrespect of her mother.

The husband said he was still willing to stay married for his kids.

Lawyers please help me here.
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by crackhaus: 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2020
bukatyne:

What right does the court have to dissolve the marriage when both parties still want it or have not indicated interest in dissolving the union?

Nowhere the wife indicated she wanted a divorce. She only said her husband pushed her to adultery with his aggressive behavior and disrespect of her mother.

Well one of them took the case to a customary court right?

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by bukatyne(f): 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2020
crackhaus:

Well one of them took the case to a customary court right?

Right

Going back and forth might have helped them both put their issues in perspective and seek resolution instead.
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by crackhaus: 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
bukatyne:

Right

Going back and forth might have helped them both put their issues in perspective and seek resolution instead.
Only if the feeling were mutual would this be the goal.
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by bukatyne(f): 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2020
crackhaus:

Only if the feeling were mutual would this be the goal.

None of them mentioned divorce according to the OP
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by izzou(m): 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
bukatyne:

So who took the case to court?

Everything must not be written in ink before it can be understood

The wife obviously filed for a divorce. And the husband is objecting.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by Firstcitizen: 8:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
PointZerom:

Maybe he wants to use her for money ritual.

The nigga get plan.The guy wan lure her come house back to remove her breasts and nunu for banking purposes grin grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by frozen70(f): 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2020
Davash222:

Why are you calling her a prostitute

The man is making life miserable for her and you want her to die, even after dousing her with fuel

Will the man swear he never slept with another woman since he married her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by frozen70(f): 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
if the hubby didnt treat her well then she should have DIVORCE HIM 1st and then look for another man....and certainly not cheat. no wonder he tried to kill her.

Divorce doesn't come automatic

It takes a while and in between the timing anything can happen

Either from the man or from the woman

1 Like

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by frozen70(f): 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
bukatyne:

When a marital issue is taken to court, the party tgat took it to court is seeking for divorce

Yes the man didn't want it but why it was dissolved was that, there was threat to life

He doused her with fuel so if he has seen matches, he would have light it on her

1 Like

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by eyinjuege: 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
bukatyne:

It's a customary court, and someone must have asked for a divorce for them to be there. Obviously the wife asked for the divorce, as it states the husband still wants the marriage.
The customary court isn't going to settle the- attempted murder/'trying to burn her alive matter'. The courts dissolved the union not just because the wife wanted it, but because there is a genuine threat to her life.
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by crackhaus: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2020
bukatyne:

Lol, I hate being part of an echo chamber given that some posters already corrected you...but yea, if it got to the customary court, then someone initiated a divorce.
Obviously, this would be the wife since it's the man who is against it in the OP.
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by CAPSLOCKED: 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
izzou:

Actually, I think he's wise.

They have both made mistakes. The woman cheated on him, and maybe he did cheat(or not). But for him to still want her, means he acknowledges he is/was part of the problem.

But he wants to fix his marriage, because of his children. Most societal problems stem from faulty marriages, which lead to broken homes... And then kids who were not corrected or have no moral roots are raised.

The man is wise.

HIS WISDOM WON'T SAVE HIM FROM INFECTIONS WHEN SHE BRINGS THEM HOME.
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by izzou(m): 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

HIS WISDOM WON'T SAVE HIM FROM INFECTIONS WHEN SHE BRINGS THEM HOME.

Well, she's the one filing for a divorce.

Obviously she's tired.
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by bukatyne(f): 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2020
izzou:

So who took the case to court?

Everything must not be written in ink before it can be understood

The wife obviously filed for a divorce. And the husband is objecting.

Go through my discussion with crackhaus.
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by cococandy(f): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2020
But if she’s wants to leave and he’s violent /attempting to murder her.

It’s not wise for them to be together. Before they make the news.

One of them might end up killing the other.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by bukatyne(f): 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
eyinjuege:

It's a customary court, and someone must have asked for a divorce for them to be there. Obviously the wife asked for the divorce, as it states the husband still wants the marriage.
The customary court isn't going to settle the- attempted murder/'trying to burn her alive matter'. The courts dissolved the union not just because the wife wanted it, but because there is a genuine threat to her life.

I don't believe the petrol story.

A woman really afraid for her life would not seek a divorce; she would disappear with her kids.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
frozen70:

Divorce doesn't come automatic

It takes a while and in between the timing anything can happen

Either from the man or from the woman

then separate from the demon until divorce, but you certainly shouldnt stay living with that man and cheat on him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by bukatyne(f): 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
crackhaus:

Lol, I hate being part of an echo chamber given that some posters already corrected you...but yea, if it got to the customary court, then someone initiated a divorce.
Obviously, this would be the wife since it's the man who is against it in the OP.

Ok,

Lemme stop drinking panadol for someone's headache.

Cc: frozen70
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by lyndaway(f): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
Which is better for the man to kill her or the divorce. marriage is not a do or die affair if you can't take the hit just take a bow na person wey dey alive they marry

1 Like

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by crackhaus: 6:49am On Jan 09, 2020
bukatyne:

Ok,

Lemme stop drinking panadol for someone's headache.

Cc: frozen70
Lol, even worse when the 'someone' is not having headache anymore and you're still drinking the panadol for them. grin
Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by frozen70(f): 6:54am On Jan 09, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

then separate from the demon until divorce, but you certainly shouldnt stay living with that man and cheat on him.

Bear in mind that you can't be having issues with your spouse and filing for divorce while still living in the same house

The first thing is to pack out to avoid being baisied, if you know that you are set for divorce

So she wasn't staying with him while she was having an affair

1 Like

Re: My Husband Pushed Me Into Adultery, Wife Tells Court by bukatyne(f): 7:07am On Jan 10, 2020
crackhaus:

Lol, even worse when the 'someone' is not having headache anymore and you're still drinking the panadol for them. grin

cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds / Have You Dated Your Neighbour Before? Share Your Experience. / Best Areas With Good Electricity In Ilorin Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.