Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1115105 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 10:06am On Jun 19, 2020
Vlibray:

Intended duration of stay :Are you going for a one year program ??

It's actually 3.5 years.
Someone told me to fill it the way i did but I am not convinced. That's why I brought it to the house. How do I fill that portion please?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by englishgirl55(f): 10:46am On Jun 19, 2020
It is the E- passport is the latest Embassy requirements and pls for your own good adhere.
Ahmed4002:
Try as much as you can not to get new Passport. Stick to the normal old one. The new passport are issued only in Abuja and Lagos for now. But I would advice you NOT to go for the new passport. This is from experience thou. The New Passport is given alot of people stress at border and even cities (Banks, etc). Most of the banks, border don't have the template of the new passport in their system. There are still using the old one.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by englishgirl55(f): 10:49am On Jun 19, 2020
One can always renew passport even if it hasn't expired. I don't work in the consulate so I don't know if the normal passport will be accepted. Pls try adhere to the requirements for your own good. We have waited this long for AD, let's get it right
Light2020:

Hi, what about people that have normal passport that has not expired? Wouldn’t that be accepted?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 11:01am On Jun 19, 2020
E-passport is not only the new passport. The old one is the very first E-passport. As long as your passport is still valid, you have E-passport. Don't get confused please.

God bless us all

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 11:02am On Jun 19, 2020
englishgirl55:
One can always renew passport even if it hasn't expired. I don't work in the consulate so I don't know if the normal passport will be accepted. Pls try adhere to the requirements for your own good. We have waited this long for AD, let's get it right

Are you sure about this. I thought one could only renew passports that have 6 months validity or less
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ifwal: 11:11am On Jun 19, 2020
Ope4Christ:

It is the new Standardized Electronic Passport issued by Nigerian Immigration launched in 2007. But the normal passport and E-passport continued to be issued simultaneously until 2019 when General Muhammadu Buhari fully launched the 10-years and 5-years E-passports. Most Nigerians possess the normal passport and not the E-passports.

The newly launched E-passport is now being required by German embassy from applicants going to Germany this Winter (August to October).

The first picture shows the E-passports while second picture shows the normal passport.

This is confusing Pls.. Are you saying the previous passports are not E-Passports?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ahmed4002(m): 11:26am On Jun 19, 2020
englishgirl55:
It is the E- passport is the latest Embassy requirements and pls for your own good adhere.
Stories. E passport is E passport regardless of the new one with 10 years validity and the Old one with 5 years validity. But from Experience, most of the border controls don't have the template of the new passport with the 10 yrs validity

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by englishgirl55(f): 11:26am On Jun 19, 2020
[quote author=CooKeed post=90835598]

Are you sure about this. I thought one could only renew passports that have 6 months validity or less
[quote author=CooKeed post=90835598]

an immigration officer told me you can renew your passport especially if u have reasons for renewal.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by englishgirl55(f): 11:33am On Jun 19, 2020
Ahmed4002:
Stories. E passport is E passport regardless of the new one with 10 years validity and the Old one with 5 years validity. But from Experience, most of the border controls don't have the template of the new passport with the 10 yrs validity
Yes it is stories. I hope whether it's the new or old passport we have this process favour us.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ifwal: 11:44am On Jun 19, 2020
englishgirl55:

Yes it is stories. I hope whether it's the new or old passport we have this process favour us.

I just called an immigration officer now. He told me that non E-passports has been stopped since 2007. That all passports issued since then has been e-passports. He said the new ones for 10 years are called Harmonised passports.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by englishgirl55(f): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2020
Ifwal:

I just called an immigration officer now. He told me that non E-passports has been stopped since 2007. That all passports issued since then has been e-passports. He said the new ones for 10 years are called Harmonised passports.
That's good information. Thanks. We learn everyday. We are all waiting for good news

6 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ope4Christ: 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ifwal:

This is confusing Pls.. Are you saying the previous passports are not E-Passports?

There is nothing confusing in my write-up. The E-passport started in 2007 with electronic registration only, but the Government fully launched the enhanced one in January 2019 with modernized security features both for the 10-years and 5-years ones. The pictures I posted show the clear difference.

Normal passport has its inside as PINKISH colour(old one, second picture I posted).

E-passport has its inside as BLUEISH colour(new one, first picture I posted).

If the inside of your passport is not BLUEISH in colour, it is not the new E-passport.

However, if you think the normal passport you have is the one now required by German embassy, I wish you good luck.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by starboychan: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
They didn't ask me all this thing when I booked.

Can you share the link?

Gboye123:

Category B
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ope4Christ:

There is nothing confusing in my write-up. The E-passport started in 2007 with electronic registration only, but the Government fully launched the enhanced one in January 2019 with modernized security features both for the 10-years and 5-years ones. The pictures I posted show the clear difference.

Normal passport has its inside as PINKISH colour(old one, second picture I posted).

If the inside of your passport is not BLUEISH in colour, it is not the new E-passport.

However, if you think the normal passport you have is the one now required by German embassy, I wish you good luck.

Kindly refrain from confusing people. The embassy did not say new enhanced E-passport or new Harmonized E-passport. They said E-passport.
A lot of people are already worried with this! Whether old passport or new, as long as it is still valid, IT IS AN E-PASSPORT. please check with authorities to confirm what you are saying. It is unfair to bamboozle people for whatever reason.
Meanwhile, I travelled with my E-passport (the old one) last December to France and Germany. There was nothing like this we are arguing about.
E-passport is E-passport regardless of the old or new status and it is VALID as long as the expiry date borne on the data page has not elapsed.

Don't be confused please and don't confuse others.

Thank you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
starboychan:

Can you share the link?

That is the online visa form. Not the booking oo
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by starboychan: 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chief stop misleading people with your fake news.

What everyone has before now is standard e-passport , the new one is just the enhanced e passport. Please be guided

Ope4Christ:

6 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
starboychan:

Can you share the link?

I hope you have filled and printed your online VISA form?

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thereality19(f): 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2020
Gboye123:

Is this a new form? I don’t understand
When i booked appointment I didn’t see all these oo

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by starboychan: 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chief you only need this after you get AD.

You still have to book for appointment separately

Gboye123:

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Johnnyark: 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
I thought visa applications are currently suspended undecided
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thereality19(f): 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
Johnnyark:
I thought visa applications are currently suspended undecided

I was surprised when he said he booked on the other link.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
starboychan:
Chief you only need this after you get AD.

You still have to book for appointment separately

Bro. Don't complicate things for yourself.
When you book for appointment, there are documents you are to take to the consulate on the appointment date. That which I uploaded is one of them ( I am not sure you are familiar with it). You don't have to wait until you get your AD before gathering all documents? A stitch in time could save nine.
Abi this koro dey make u feel discouraged about AD?
Receive courage brother.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Rumplestilzchen: 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
Thank you for this,
Gboye123:

Kindly refrain from confusing people. The embassy did not say new enhanced E-passport or new Harmonized E-passport. They said E-passport.
A lot of people are already worried with this! Whether old passport or new, as long as it is still valid, IT IS AN E-PASSPORT. please check with authorities to confirm what you are saying. It is unfair to bamboozle people for whatever reason.
Meanwhile, I travelled with my E-passport (the old one) last December to France and Germany. There was nothing like this we are arguing about.
E-passport is E-passport regardless of the old or new status and it is VALID as long as the expiry date borne on the data page has not elapsed.

Thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Gboye123:

Thank you

Maybe yours is around 2017 timeframe.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Remson23: 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
segzysexy:
I applied for the scholarship during the application window and I was nominated by my school. Application for admission comes after scholarship nomination.

Hello Segzysexy, I need to get some Information right. I have sent you an email message. Kindly acknowledge it. Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Daytona21: 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
Please guys I'm confused about the filling of the application form online.. Which forms are we filling twice is it the pdf files or the main online application.. I'm confused please
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
Daytona21:
Please guys I'm confused about the filling of the application form online.. Which forms are we filling twice is it the pdf files or the main online application.. I'm confused please

You should use the online one. The PDF is just a guide ( i think) to how it looks. Once done with the online one, you click continue so a Pdf is automatically generated with your entries and some security features in form of machine readable codes.

Gurus in the house can enlighten us more on this.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Daytona21: 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
But it was stated we should fill the application form twice also with the application form and bring them to the interview.. Need more clarification please
Gboye123:

You should use the online one. The PDF is just a guide ( i think) to how it looks. Once done with the online one, you click continue so a Pdf is automatically generated with your entries and some security features in form of machine readable codes.

Gurus in the house can enlighten us more on this.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Soleye24(m): 12:22am On Jun 20, 2020
Good morning everyone, please I seriously need your help. I am a biochemist and I plan going to Germany for masters. please I need you people to put me through on the process. The main purpose is to leave Nigeria for a greener pasture but the sure route is through education. Also, please how much should I budget for the block account? I will appreciate if you don't ignore me.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by BoyHuncho(m): 1:24am On Jun 20, 2020
princejck:

Students might not get AD for summer... just a feeling.

please what's AD, AM,SL, AL .. kindly orientate a brother
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by suleyoung(m): 5:49am On Jun 20, 2020
BoyHuncho:
please what's AD, AM,SL, AL .. kindly orientate a brother
AD: APPOINTMENT DATE
AL: ADMISSION LETTER
SL: SPONSORSHIP LETTER
AM: ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by stephots10: 6:18am On Jun 20, 2020
suleyoung:

AD: APPOINTMENT DATE
AL: ADMISSION LETTER
SL: SPONSORSHIP LETTER
AM: ?

AM: Approval Mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: stephie20(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.