Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1114189 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by coolben2004: 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
Pls any civil engineer here in the house pls I need help in searching for school and admission in a good city with less racism.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cande75: 6:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
Afeez234:
Good evening bro/sis, first, Zenith bank gave you at CBN rate?
Secondly, do you have a domiciliary account with them or a normal account? Thanks for your consideration of my questions.
First, they definitely add to the CBN rate but I don't know how much it is at the moment. It was 414 when I did mine. You could check Zenith Bank's rate itself on abokifx.com or any other sources. Or mail them.

Second, I opened a domiciliary account with GTB but I didn't use it for my BA funding. Their bank charge and the way they would have probably funded it put me off. You should use Zenith Bank. Open a regular account with them and transfer the equivalent amount in naira based on their own rate. You would also need your blocked account information document and admission letter. I used Fintiba for my blocked account, so they provided the necessary documents automatically. Zenith Bank charged me 5K naira for funding my BA. I'm not sure you can find that anywhere else, but make sure you find out about their rate to know the amount in naira you need. All the best...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Plumpwincess: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2020
@ADEYHEMI
No I’ve not gotten AL
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by victor5996: 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2020
Cande75:

Yeah, I funded in March with Zenith Bank's Form A...

How long does it take and must you have a Zenith bank account?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Plumpwincess: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
ADEYHEMI:

I applied for that same course . Have you been given AL
I haven’t heard from them yet but let’s be hopeful sha ... if you have any news don’t hesitate to tell me pls
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Afeez234: 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
Cande75:

First, they definitely add to the CBN rate but I don't know how much it is at the moment. It was 414 when I did mine. You could check Zenith Bank's rate itself on abokifx.com or any other sources. Or mail them.

Second, I opened a domiciliary account with GTB but I didn't use it for my BA funding. Their bank charge and the way they would have probably funded it put me off. You should use Zenith Bank. Open a regular account with them and transfer the equivalent amount in naira based on their own rate. You would also need your blocked account information document and admission letter. I used Fintiba for my blocked account, so they provided the necessary documents automatically. Zenith Bank charged me 5K naira for funding my BA. I'm not sure you can find that anywhere else, but make sure you find out about their rate to know the amount in naira you need. All the best...
Thanks so much brother, really appreciate
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cande75: 6:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
victor5996:

How long does it take and must you have a Zenith bank account?

Mine took about a week since it was over the weekend. Yeah, a Zenith Bank account to hold the naira equivalent...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by elvis190: 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2020
Good evening all...Pls, i was able to get a letter of presence from my school but the issue i have now is how to send it to the German embassy for consideration.....Pls, can anyone guide me properly on how to do so?...Thanks in anticipation
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by LandMann: 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2020
cool
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bayodele73(m): 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
charliesyndrom:
Hello, where can I get the express of 45k?
Go and talk to the immigration guys at Ikoyi. That's how I did mine.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by starboychan: 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
I sent you a message please check email

Cande75:

Yeah, I funded in March with Zenith Bank's Form A...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cande75: 7:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
LandMann:

Thanks for your response. Please may I know the process you took and what was the exchange rate?

I want to know if first bank will start raising issues that block account is sort of like a personal account and not a direct payment to school for school fees...

Also, if one doesn't get visa appointment or something else happens, I would like to know if the money would be returned to the person's own naira account or if it will be returned to bank then bank refund me...or one has to open Euro account... The stuff is just confusing.

Please I'd appreciate any tip you can provide based on your own experience.

Thanks a lot man.

Yeah, it's not for school fee per se. One of the reasons I didn't use FirstBank. But Zenith Bank did it without issues with that.

If you want to close your blocked account for any reason whatsoever and get your money back, the naira equivalent will be refunded back to the Zenith Bank account it came from, just like where the naira was gotten from in the first place. So you shouldn't have any problems with that...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Diorl: 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
Ykhgu1:

I have both type of Transcripts. But at the University of Lagos there is a write up on the student transcript were the University clearly state that the student copy should and can't be use as an official copy. Meaning the school is warming that you can't use the Student copies to process any application. If yours is like that then you must use the transcript from Institution. Wen you say the expensive transcript well in University of Lagos Transcript is 3000 Naira. Except in State Schools I don't know is Obtain there. Danke

I studied in FUTA and the cost is 10k for official copy..student copy costs 1k, and institutional copy is 2k.
To be on a safer side, I may have to go for the official transcript.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Diorl: 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
Portex:

I walked that path. It can be accepted by some schools but they will ask you to send the official transcript for enrollment. Uniassist however will reject it and they will ask you to upload the official transcript before your application will be reviewed which you have to do within the application deadline of the schools you are applying for, so I will encourage you to use the official transcript for all applications with Uniassist.

Thanks bro. I have decided to get the official transcript from my school, just that Instead of sending to uni-assist directly, I'm thinking of sending the transcript to a company so I can obtain the original transcript myself. Thereafter, I will scan and upload to uni-assist or the university.
I hope this still works anyway.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Geophillic: 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2020
Diorl which are u for futa
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by LandMann: 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
cool
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Diorl: 9:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
Geophillic:
Diorl which are u for futa
You meant year of graduation?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
Anybody in Potsdam please quote me ooo
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Geophillic: 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2020
Yes diorl....it is a typo error
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Diorl: 10:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
Geophillic:
Yes diorl....it is a typo error
I graduated the previous year ..you're also from FUTA?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
University of TRIER!!!
University of TRIER!!!
University of TRIER!!!

Anybody
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by legit90: 12:18am On Aug 11, 2020
Marcopolo65:

It's 100% English language sir, and u need TOEFL or IELTS

Please which school is that.. I want to apply
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gharnew112(m): 12:43am On Aug 11, 2020
[quote author=Ykhgu1 post=92649539]

Hahahahahha I hate abbrevation just like you. Initially I found very annoying but i realized that many love to use abbrevation so I just read and pass. It took me almost one year what they mean by AD. [/quote

Please, yeah!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ykhgu1: 2:10am On Aug 11, 2020
European Universität Flensburg do we have anyone here? Admission Letter wil start coming out soon..

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ykhgu1: 2:14am On Aug 11, 2020
This life no balance. Those who got admitted in June/Julia are under so much pressure to resume.

Those getting admitted now has little pressure..

.I will advise we check if the school that admitted us allows for deferment!!

E get why!!!!!!!

The way these things are going defering the Admission may end up being the best option.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ykhgu1: 2:17am On Aug 11, 2020
In September/October Summer 2021 Portal will open. Wen some are yet to even sort out the Winter Admission issues.

The best way out is that Summer Semester 2021 will be canceled to absolved the backlog.

Let's use our head. Keep an eye on defering the Admission to next Winter. E get why...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by canadianmom: 7:31am On Aug 11, 2020
Plumpwincess:
Pls who applied for masters national and international policy uni Potsdam ?

I did... Have you heard back from them?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 7:51am On Aug 11, 2020
Kyrian5:
Please FAM i need ur reply, can someone leaving in Belgium offer u SL? Or is it a must that the SL must come from Germany?

Someone outside Germany cannot send you sponsore letter. Any body that wants to send you sponsore letter must be residing in Germany.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gharnew112(m): 8:03am On Aug 11, 2020
legit90:

Please which school is that.. I want to apply

Please how where can I enrol for English certificate?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GreatMage: 8:12am On Aug 11, 2020
Guys pls I need the format on appealing to the embassy for letter to be presented to my blocked account provider so as to release my blocked funds...

I contacted them and they said that I will need a letter from the embassy stating I no longer needed funds...

I was rejected last year and my money has been with them for a year now but my rejection letter is not with me anymore...

Thanks...

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: xHopex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.