Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1110749 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by henrycare53(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
Thank you for this as it will help me plan my flight.

SOLARPOWER1:

What you certify is your photocopy not original and they will do it immediately and return it same day
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by henrycare53(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
Okay, I will do just that.

MacjoeChim:

You certify copies of your original docs. However, you'll have to go with the originals for perusal.

In addition, I'd advise you certify as many copies as you can. You may need it.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by henrycare53(m): 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
Also is it just the documents I want to certify I will take along? or am I to go with other documents?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 24, 2020
It was attached to my offer letter

Mantoso:

How did you get the Letter of Presence?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 25, 2020
Hi people, please I want to be sure of something. The blocked account with Fintiba, what’s the difference with Fintiba+ account and is the health insurance from Fintiba valid?
For clarity, pls who has paid the blocked account funds before? I saw I am to block about £10521 isn’t that too much or its because of the fintiba+.
I thought I should just check everything with Fintiba
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mantoso(m): 12:32am On Aug 25, 2020
Please house, is there anyone here living in Duisburg, Dusseldorf or Essen?

I will be in Germany by November. Can you receive me for couple of weeks before I get myself settled.

Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mantoso(m): 12:49am On Aug 25, 2020
Pals, please kindly check the last sentence of the paragraph I marked very well.

It reads, "You are expected to be present in Germany for enrollment."

Does this mean I have my Letter of Presence in my AL already?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mantoso(m): 12:56am On Aug 25, 2020
The picture I wanted to attach isn't working.

However, that's what I have on my AL, "You are expected to be present in Germany for enrollment."

Does this mean Letter of Presence as much as AL?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tomyusf141: 12:58am On Aug 25, 2020
Mantoso:
Hello guys, just got an MSc admission in Duisburg-essen and to resume this winter. Please, could anyone give some guides about getting Visa and enlightenment on Letter of sponsorship?

Hi bro, what course pls and how long did it take to get the AL?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mantoso(m): 1:03am On Aug 25, 2020
Tomyusf141:

Hi bro, what course pls and how long did it take to get the AL?
MSc Management of Water Technology and Wastewater.
It took about 3 months, man.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tomyusf141: 1:14am On Aug 25, 2020
Mantoso:

MSc Management of Water Technology and Wastewater.

It took about 3 months, man.

Ok thanks. I’m actually considering applying there as well.
Congratulations once more. �
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Davudu: 2:12am On Aug 25, 2020
I would advise you do not upgrade to Fintiba+ unless you have the funds to block available. The + is for insurance but you won't be issues documents for enrollment/visa interview until you block the account. Just pay for insurance with Mawista, they'll issue you the docs you need in a matter of days. But if you already have the funds to block your Fintiba account then it's all good you can upgrade to plus. It's probably cheaper in the long run.

manniecobham:
Hi people, please I want to be sure of something. The blocked account with Fintiba, what’s the difference with Fintiba+ account and is the health insurance from Fintiba valid?
For clarity, pls who has paid the blocked account funds before? I saw I am to block about £10521 isn’t that too much or its because of the fintiba+.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ifwal: 3:46am On Aug 25, 2020
Mantoso:
Please house, is there anyone here living in Duisburg, Dusseldorf or Essen?

I will be in Germany by November. Can you receive me for couple of weeks before I get myself settled.

Thanks

Have you gotten an appointment yet?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cande75: 5:09am On Aug 25, 2020
manniecobham:
Choose Fintiba basic...

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ayobami2001: 7:42am On Aug 25, 2020
Yes the insurance is valid

You are to block €10425 with Fintiba +. The Fintiba + comes with free travel health Mawista insurance and DAK government health insurance you pay for monthly.

manniecobham:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ayobami2001: 7:46am On Aug 25, 2020
I don’t think so...it doesn’t hurt to just request for a letter of presence from your school and get their feedback.

Mantoso:

However, that's what I have on my AL, "You are expected to be present in Germany for enrollment."

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mantoso(m): 8:22am On Aug 25, 2020
Ifwal:

Have you gotten an appointment yet?
No. But I would also like get myself all prepared, believing that I'd get an AD.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mantoso(m): 8:50am On Aug 25, 2020
And guys, if I'm using Sponsorship Letter, where would my sponsor go to in Germany to get it? What documents does he need and would he have to pay any money?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bobbybiggs(m): 8:57am On Aug 25, 2020
Ayobami2001:
I don’t think so...it doesn’t hurt to just request for a letter of presence from your school and get their feedback.

I received a letter of presence recently. Do you have an idea where (e.g email) the letter of presence is to be directed to.

The contact form and the appointment booking page does not have a place for document upload.

Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bobbybiggs(m): 8:58am On Aug 25, 2020
I received a letter of presence recently for a Masters program in Bochum. Does anyone have an idea where (e.g email) the letter of presence is to be directed to.

The contact form and the appointment booking page does not have a place for the document upload.

Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by starboychan: 9:06am On Aug 25, 2020
Since your school doesn't offer online enrollment, your chance of going to DE this winter is slim.

When is your enrollment deadline?

Mantoso:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 9:10am On Aug 25, 2020
bobbybiggs:

I received a letter of presence recently. Do you have an idea where (e.g email) the letter of presence is to be directed to.

The contact form and the appointment booking page does not have a place for document upload.

Thanks.

When you get an AD, you will take the letter with you for your interview.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ayobami2001: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2020
I don't know of any link where we are to upload this letter of presence. My understanding is that you take this letter with you when on the day of your visa interview, along with other essential documents.

I stand to be corrected please.

bobbybiggs:

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2020
My passport expires in Feb 2021, meaning I have about 6 months validity left.

What is the validity period required to apply for a German student visa?

Do I have to renew my passport now? If I renew now, does it affect the appointment that I have already booked?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Afeez234: 9:50am On Aug 25, 2020
CooKeed:

My passport expires in Feb 2021, meaning I have about 6 months validity left.

What is the validity period required to apply for a German student visa?

Do I have to renew my passport now? If I renew now, does it affect the appointment that I have already booked?
You have to renew, your passport must be valid 3 months after completion of your expected program. Hence, validity of your passport should be about 2years 6 months or more in order to have a smooth visa process. Since you have booked an appointment, you have to hold both the old passport(present one with which you booked appointment) along with the one you're about to process to have access to the consulate at all

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by isangjohnson: 10:07am On Aug 25, 2020
PLEASE!
Someone should help me with complete Cambridge IELTS Study Materials.
THANKS.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mantoso(m): 10:13am On Aug 25, 2020
starboychan:
Since your school doesn't offer online enrollment, your chance of going to DE this winter is slim.

When is your enrollment deadline?

I can resume anytime during the year. I am first a German language student.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2020
isangjohnson:
PLEASE!
Someone should help me with complete Cambridge IELTS Study Materials.
THANKS.

Send me a pm
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 11:14am On Aug 25, 2020
Mantoso:
And guys, if I'm using Sponsorship Letter, where would my sponsor go to in Germany to get it? What documents does he need and would he have to pay any money?

At his Alien"s office ( also called foriegn office)
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mantoso(m): 11:39am On Aug 25, 2020
dennison4luv:

At his Alien"s office ( also called foriegn office)
Thanks, bro.
Does he have to pay any money?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ChibuGP: 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hmmm... this one caught my interest ooo, my passport is valid until June 22 2022, and my program is for 2years which starts november this year.. please will I have to renew as well..?
Afeez234:

You have to renew, your passport must be valid 3 months after completion of your expected program. Hence, validity of your passport should be about 2years 6 months or more in order to have a smooth visa process. Since you have booked an appointment, you have to hold both the old passport(present one with which you booked appointment) along with the one you're about to process to have access to the consulate at all

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.