Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1107591 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 5:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
Debonair0206:

Open Euro dorm account buy Euro from BDC into it and fund your block account, even if you get the option of form A from any bank the time frame is too short just jejely use BDC. No look the excessive charges and cost nothing is too costly for your success. Date wey people dey find with two eyes you see I’m wan come allow our useless banks waste your time and opportunity don’t allow abeg.

Yes bros I understand but I don't have the money, opening a domiciliary acct means going to black market. Brother I don't have that kind of amount and i know what it took to get up to that money an having currently now. Brother pls help me check if there's any bank that can do it for me. Someone told me Sterling bank can do it but am not so sure about it cuz another told me Sterling bank can do it guy pls help do some search if any other bank can help
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by adekunletosin1: 5:24pm On Feb 02, 2021
Rolex101:
Please does 2.91 CGPA qualify me to study masters in Germany

Yes ...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OMOZ1(m): 5:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
ghettonews:

Yes bros I understand but I don't have the money, opening a domiciliary acct means going to black market. Brother I don't have that kind of amount and i know what it took to get up to that money an having currently now. Brother pls help me check if there's any bank that can do it for me. Someone told me Sterling bank can do it but am not so sure about it cuz another told me Sterling bank can do it guy pls help do some search if any other Bank can help

I will advice you to use Fintiba transfer mate is reasonable with local currency
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Armstrong34(m): 5:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
GreatMage:
I am presently in Netherlands doing my bachelors first semester and I will like to transfer to a German university this coming September...

What are the procedures pls?

DM me bro...we dey the same boat like this ....
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 5:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
OMOZ1:

I will advice you to use Fintiba transfer mate is reasonable with local currency

Pls bro how do I use it
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GreatMage: 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
Armstrong34:

DM me bro...we dey the same boat like this ....

Done
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
OMOZ1:

Hope you are using fintiba for your block acc

Download the app on playstore and login
Or DM me I will guide you

Yes I opened acct on finitiba

What are the guidelines to transfer to fintiba acct. I have acct on union bank where the money is but needed to transfer from it to the fintiba acct?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nzealibaba: 9:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
You do this with fintiba in few days.,. They have option to pay with card using transfermate ., they claim it works instantly when you pay with card without converting to dollars.....fintiba is explanatory they will guide you., I did it without any help ., they will ask you to pay with your atm card just like when you are purchasing stuff online ....
And please are you cat A or B and when is your school resuming..
ghettonews:
Guys pls how do u block ur acct cuz I went to my Union bank today to block but they told me it isn't possible to make such transfer that I should withdraw my money exchange it in black market in other to make the transfer and that is loosing a lot of money cuz I don't have such money and my interview date is on 10th Feb guys pls help a fellow nairaland brother what should I do. I have just a week left which bank can do the transfer directly for me thanks?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by henrycare53(m): 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
What was the exchange rate used while using transfermate with fintiba?

Nzealibaba:
You do this with fintiba in few days.,. They have option to pay with card using transfermate ., they claim it works instantly when you pay with card without converting to dollars.....fintiba is explanatory they will guide you., I did it without any help ., they will ask you to pay with your atm card just like when you are purchasing stuff online ....
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 10:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
Nzealibaba:

Am under Cat A and I already enrolled online, my interview is on 10th this month. Bro pls do give me the guidelines detailed I will really appreciate your efforts thanks.
And did u successfully do yours and when did u did it.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daramolatoye(m): 11:28pm On Feb 02, 2021
henrycare53:
What was the exchange rate used while using transfermate with fintiba?

It's N508=€1 on Fintiba's website... sad

1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by henrycare53(m): 11:40pm On Feb 02, 2021
will this transaction go through with the international limit placed on Nigeria's account?

daramolatoye:

It's N508=€1 on Fintiba's website... sad
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Immafrank: 12:19am On Feb 03, 2021
Punkydude:
This is for Naija guys who are already in Germany. Please i have a few questions:

1. Please which city is BEST for Africans, in terms of
a. Meeting other Africans and getting African foods and living comfortably with little or no racism.
b. Comfortable weather similar to what we have here. (me i don't like cold)
c. Getting a good side job as a student.
d. Very affordable city to MANAGE life.
e. At least people speak or understand English.(ie Communicating in English wont be a problem)
f. Being a black person is not a crime.

2. I am a graduate of Computer Science but intends to apply for Software Engineering at TUM, i made a 2:1 with a CGPA of 3.9/5.0. Please what are my chances and how difficult is TUM.

3. Which schools are offering courses in Software Engineering.

4. I wouldn't mind an MSc in Computer Science if the conditions in question 1 is favorable.

1. Avoid eastern part of Germany as they are not so open minded. In terms of meeting other Africans. Consider cities like Berlin, Munich(it’s really expensive here), Göttingen, Hamburg. You can’t avoid racism totally, it’s in Germany as it’s in every part of the world, the only place there is no racism is Heaven if you believe there is one. And why do you wanna meet other Africans? I’m not saying it’s not okay but isn’t that like staying in your bubble.? Would you rather not meet people from other continents and get to experience more? For some of our African brothers here, it’s always about the hustle no slacking. Talking about African foods- you must be ready to spend a lot of if you wanna keep eating this as it can be expensive. A little shuffle would be perfect. Food in general (not African) is really cheap here if you know how to cook. It is cold here but not like Canada and the Scandinavian countries. Be prepared for Deep Freezer temp in winter though, enough layers and good winter jack would save you. But it can be really hot in summer in Germany just like Nigeria, for me the good weather is from June till beginning of October. If you need comfortable weather to what is similar in Nigeria, then you should be looking at Spain or Greece but is Nigeria not a cold place already if you know what I mean but you will get used to it trust me.. In bigger cities, they speak more English but to be honest, you need basic German for easier integration into the system but you can live without it. As an IT guy with programming knowledge, you have no problem getting a student job as I.T is a holy grail here.

2. With your grades you can get into any university in Germany.

3. Do your research and check DAAD website for more courses. There are lots of I.T courses here.

4. I think there is a computer science course in University of Gottingen, also TU Köln, check DAAD for more options.

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Rangerover21: 12:34am On Feb 03, 2021
ghettonews:

Yes bros I understand but I don't have the money, opening a domiciliary acct means going to black market. Brother I don't have that kind of amount and i know what it took to get up to that money an having currently now. Brother pls help me check if there's any bank that can do it for me. Someone told me Sterling bank can do it but am not so sure about it cuz another told me Sterling bank can do it guy pls help do some search if any other bank can help

You can try Zenith bank
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daambassador: 6:26am On Feb 03, 2021
ghettonews:

You can do the fintiba transfer this morning as the exchange rate is already down as against yesterday price
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by EmmaEze20: 7:17am On Feb 03, 2021
Good morning all, pls have they started giving AD for the category B.....
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Craaaa: 7:23am On Feb 03, 2021
Please are they still giving out AD whether cat A or B
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Miscellaneous(m): 8:15am On Feb 03, 2021
daambassador:

You can do the fintiba transfer this morning as the exchange rate is already down as against yesterday price

Do u mean one can make the transfer at the comfort of his home? With Mastercard? I thought we have a $100 limit on our nigerian Mastercard. Has anyone tried it?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by JohnDoe1984(m): 10:05am On Feb 03, 2021
I got admission for 2020 winter semester in TUM but still haven't gotten date for visa appointments. Does anyone know anyway to speed up the process please?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daambassador: 10:44am On Feb 03, 2021
Miscellaneous:

Do u mean one can make the transfer at the comfort of his home? With Mastercard? I thought we have a $100 limit on our nigerian Mastercard. Has anyone tried it?

Yea its something one can do from the comfort of his/her bedroom but the financial policies of the current Buhari administration spearheaded by CBN governor Emefiele have scattered
everything.

For those that are yet to fund their block account its like there is a light at the end of the tunnel because' I received a message earlier today from my bank that customers can now transfer close to 10m from their accounts every day as against the previous policy of CBN some months back

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 11:54am On Feb 03, 2021
daambassador:

Yea its something one can do from the comfort of his/her bedroom but the financial policies of the current Buhari administration spearheaded by CBN governor Emefiele have scattered everything.

so u mean it doesn't work again.

Does the Fintiba transfer still work?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daambassador: 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2021
ghettonews:

so u mean it doesn't work again.

Does the Fintiba transfer still work?

It should be working because' someone did his own while in Turkey but I can't ascertain for Nigeria based on govt financial policies.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by victor5996: 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
ghettonews:

Am under Cat A and I already enrolled online, my interview is on 10th this month. Bro pls do give me the guidelines detailed I will really appreciate your efforts thanks.
And did u successfully do yours and when did u did it.

Really happy for you, you finally got a date. Did you do anything different apart from booking? (Maybe you sent a mail to the embassy and all)
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mboyo: 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
Don't sit there and be hoping for answers regarding this on here, get your ass out and visit all banks one by one! If its really important to you, you'll get the hell out there!

Nzealibaba:

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Osoke: 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2021
Jbad:
are the embassies open to give appointments now cause i booked since september no reply category b

Hi, you have to rebook your appointment. The Embassy's routine clearance is ending of September and March (you can confirm this from the website).
All appointments are cleared so everyone has to cancel & rebook.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GreatMage: 3:23pm On Feb 03, 2021
Donnieben1:
Hello guys, I'm here to share my whole admission to visa experience on this German waka. I hope this lightens the mood here because I know the mood around here is down .

So I've been on my German journey since late 2018, I tried applying to many schools for Msc admission and got loads of rejection which dampened my mood but I decided I was not going to relent. So all through 2019 I was seeking admissions in public schools and I wasn't getting any, I guess because my course of study was in high demand (Data science) which requires the best Bsc result.

In the midst of this rejection offers I decided not to relent and was a follower of this German visa thread on nairaland. I began to notice that even with admission letters, appointment letters at the Embassy was not forthcoming and so I decided to leave Nigeria.

Early this year I decided on moving to Turkey, with the aim of staying six months and then moving to Germany, at this point I had no German admission yet but I decided on pursuing it. I came to Turkey in March and during the whole lockdown I started looking out for more schools to apply to in Germany.

My plan was very simple, I would come to Turkey , stay for six months with their residence permit and then apply for German visa after getting admission to Germany. So, I was sending applications here and there while I was in Turkey here and BOOM I finally got an admission to one of the best schools in Germany (top 10 percent worldwide). At this point I already had my Turkish resident permit and was waiting for my six months to complete before I apply for the German study visa at the Embassy here.

Finally, the six months elapsed, and then I began the visa application process which was very simple and fine .

The Process here in Turkey is very simple:

1. They have a third-party body (iData) that you book visa appointments through.
2. You pay about 69 Turkish lira which is an equivalent of (4500 naira) and then they tell you in two weeks you'll get an appointment to go to the Embassy. Mine came in 9 days.
3. They sent me the required documents and everything I needed to take to the Embassy which was not a problem at all. Required documents were blocked account confirmation ( I used expatrio), health insurance which expatrio provides, original copy of your degree certificate, visa application form and biometric passport photographs and most importantly 75 euros and motivation letter.
4. And so I went to the Embassy, guys it was very smooth there.. no stress whatsoever. I got to the Embassy on time . Had a wait time of 20 minutes and then it was time to talk to the visa officer.
5. The interview questions were smooth though plenty, I advice for preparation and calmness. So at the end of the interview the visa officer told me I will be given a visa decision in 4-6 weeks and so I left.
6. Guys, exactly one week after my visa interview , I received a call from the Embassy that my passport and other documents are being shipped by UPS and they are calling to confirm my home address. I responded accordingly and they said in 2 - 3 days I will receive my documents.
7. I am glad to say I received my passport with the visa stamped.

I can say I am ready to travel to Germany and start a new phase in my life..

Cheers Everyone!! For everyone still trying and hoping to leave Nigeria for Germany or anywhere else, I believe everyone's dreams and wishes will come to pass.

Bookmarked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ayo21Bami: 5:53pm On Feb 03, 2021
Please if someone's bachelor's degree is issued in 2017, is that category A or B?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daambassador: 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ayo21Bami:
Please if someone's bachelor's degree is issued in 2017, is that category A or B?

Cat A is for first class graduates, those on scholarship, and PhD students while Cat B is for every other grades

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Debonair0206: 7:43pm On Feb 03, 2021
Please certification of document would CTC from the court do for Koblenz and landau university or it must be notarized by a notary public or Germany embassy ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ayo21Bami: 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
Even if the first class was issued 2017?, that would be Category A?

daambassador:

Cat A is for first class graduates, those on scholarship, and PhD students while Cat B is for every other grades

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: Ginugo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.