Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1107805 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by NwadiNK: 6:54am On Feb 19, 2021
You better apply now. You're lucky to have gotten ur admission letter, so apply immediately
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 19, 2021
KingKay7:
Good evening guys.
For a program starting in september or october? When do you advice me to apply for a visa? Admission letter has just been received.
I've been reading that visa applications are reset in March/September. Is it too early to start? I honestly feel with the backlog and queue, it isn't too early, but I'd like to get your feedback.
Thanks

congrats and in time. which school and course?
I heard Schengen visa can now be applied 6months before travel. initially it was 3months.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GrayAces: 8:19am On Feb 19, 2021
Please, a quick one. If i get my sponsorship letter from a place like oldenburg, can i use it to apply for visa for study in any part of germany?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 1:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
MaryBenn:
Good afternoon Family.
Please i need to understand a few things.
After providing the 10,236 euro for the first year. Will I provide another 10,236 euro the second year again? or when i get a job in the first year i can fend for myself the second year? without providing that plenty money again?

please i need honest answers.

Depending on the City of Residence. You will be needing another blocked fund of the same 10,236 for a renewal of your student residence permit for the period as applicable in YOUR CITY OF RESIDENCE.
e.g I study in Uni zu Köln, I live in Hurth, 50354, I applied for my residence permit in Dec 2020, and collected it Feb 2021. I was issued a valid permit for 1 yr beginning from when I blocked my Fintiba Account!
In my City of residence it is 1 yr study and work permit! In a few kilometres away in Köln, it is 2 years. After the date of expiration, I learned from old residents here that I will be required to provide same amount for another 1 yr permit or half the amount for 6 months permit whereas Köln City Office will require the same amount for 2 years and do accept a proof of work contract.
Don't panic, be hopeful you reside in a good city and you will definitely be able to find your way through no matter what.

I only have time for clarification not arguments.

7 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2021
My advice for those that are just applying to German Universities is that you should really consider getting a scholarship- that is if you are eligible for one.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nzealibaba: 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2021
please I am category B student starting school april 12th, when should we cut hope. can we still get dates for interview in march or april ? please honest answer , so i wont be waiting in vain.
and please oo, have they been category B students, whose school resumption date passed, without them being invited for interview.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GrayAces: 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2021
Pls i really need an answer to this. Its kinda urgent
GrayAces:
Please, a quick one. If i get my sponsorship letter from a place like oldenburg, can i use it to apply for visa for study in any part of germany?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Olomi91: 8:26pm On Feb 19, 2021
correct.a job contract can work in lieu of a block account top.]

Depending on the City of Residence. You will be needing another blocked fund of the same 10,236 for a renewal of your student residence permit for the period as applicable in YOUR CITY OF RESIDENCE.
e.g I study in Uni zu Köln, I live in Hurth, 50354, I applied for my residence permit in Dec 2020, and collected it Feb 2021. I was issued a valid permit for 1 yr beginning from when I blocked my Fintiba Account!
In my City of residence it is 1 yr study and work permit! In a few kilometres away in Köln, it is 2 years. After the date of expiration, I learned from old residents here that I will be required to provide same amount for another 1 yr permit or half the amount for 6 months permit whereas Köln City Office will require the same amount for 2 years and do accept a proof of work contract.
Don't panic, be hopeful you reside in a good city and you will definitely be able to find your way through no matter what.

I only have time for clarification not arguments. [/quote]
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Punkydude: 3:18am On Feb 20, 2021
Good day Everyone, please i need to ask for something concerning block funds.

1. Did anyone use Form A.(If yes, which bank is MOST flexible with it)
2. Did you open a Dollar or Euro account(Since we are paying in Euros) and then fund the account in the hard currency.
3. Or did you just fund a Naira account and then the bank does the calculation and conversation.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Odez1: 8:58am On Feb 20, 2021
KingKay7:
Good evening guys.
For a program starting in september or october? When do you advice me to apply for a visa? Admission letter has just been received.
I've been reading that visa applications are reset in March/September. Is it too early to start? I honestly feel with the backlog and queue, it isn't too early, but I'd like to get your feedback.
Thanks

Please can u info me how u applied for ur admission, do u use un-assist and pls wat school did u applied to, bcuz I really need and admission for RENEWABLE ENERGY. Pls any information u give would help.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SpongeBobSP: 9:53am On Feb 20, 2021
authe911:
My advice for those that are just applying to German Universities is that you should really consider getting a scholarship- that is if you are eligible for one.
Thanks for this post
Please do you have any links related to this? It will be really helpful considering the preference the embassy now has for scholarship and first class applicants.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daramolatoye(m): 11:29am On Feb 20, 2021
Punkydude:
Good day Everyone, please i need to ask for something concerning block funds.

1. Did anyone use Form A.(If yes, which bank is MOST flexible with it)
2. Did you open a Dollar or Euro account(Since we are paying in Euros) and then fund the account in the hard currency.
3. Or did you just fund a Naira account and then the bank does the calculation and conversation.

The answer you seek is on the previous page na angry

henrycare53:
For those planning to fund their BA, I made use of Sterling bank and it was successful. Filled the form A on Monday and I got Blocking Confirmation today. Rate as at day of transaction was 489.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Olulily: 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hello everyone! I am new here and I need your help. Can someone help me with the email address of the German Embassy (Lagos) in charge of Visa processing?
It's urgent Please, thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2021
Odez1:

Please can u info me how u applied for ur admission, do u use un-assist and pls wat school did u applied to, bcuz I really need and admission for RENEWABLE ENERGY. Pls any information u give would help.

Look up University of Cologne courses. Seems they have it.
If a university is not listed as uni-assist universities, simply apply directly to the school on their website and save your 70 or 80 EUR.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by klique(f): 5:07pm On Feb 20, 2021
Guysss, i have sponsorship letter from Nigeria. I want to start applying asap. What's my fate?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by vfo2002: 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2021
I'd appreciate if anyone who recently funded their blocked account via FIntiba/TransferWise could share the rate they got. Or anyone for that matter that knows the range they're currently offering. Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by NwadiNK: 6:32pm On Feb 20, 2021
Fintiba rate is different for different days. Some days it's very high while on other days it's hilariously low.... U just need to be checking every day. The difference in naira from one day to the next that u pay can be like 200-300k at times.

vfo2002:

I'd appreciate if anyone who recently funded their blocked account via FIntiba/TransferWise could share the rate they got. Or anyone for that matter that knows the range they're currently offering. Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by KingKay7: 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
Thank you. I'll get started with the process
NwadiNK:
You better apply now. You're lucky to have gotten ur admission letter, so apply immediately
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by KingKay7: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
I used the daad database, and I mostly applied to universities that didn't require uniassist. I started on this since last year admission cycle. Got a couple rejected, got accepted in some. Then picked one based on my career plan.
Odez1:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Qeeyah: 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
daramolatoye:

The answer you seek is on the previous page na angry

Please did you transfer in naira
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daambassador: 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2021
Olulily:
Hello everyone! I am new here and I need your help. Can someone help me with the email address of the German Embassy (Lagos) in charge of Visa processing?
It's urgent Please, thanks.

info@lago.diplo.de
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Qeeyah: 8:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
Please, for those that book category A, how long does it take for the embassy to send mail with appointment date after booking, thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by brownace(m): 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2021
I would like to apply for an undergraduate course with English as language of instruction but the universities I have checked said I have to present an IELTS. I am an undergraduate in Nigeria, can I use an English proficiency certificate from my University?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2021
Universitat Trier, anyone?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cardoza(m): 10:03pm On Feb 20, 2021
Good evening house, please I’ll like some advice from this group. I would like to further my studies (MSC) in Germany. Is it possible to apply for msc programs with my HND certificate?

If yes, please what steps do i need to follow?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daramolatoye(m): 11:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
Qeeyah:

Please did you transfer in naira

I haven't gotten AD yet, so I haven't funded BA at all...

But people who have come to show us the way seem to have paid to Sterling bank in Naira...

I'm not too sure though...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by NwadiNK: 7:27am On Feb 21, 2021
If u have HND u Wil have to do a BSc first. I had the same issue, it was disappointing but I had no other choice. Check DAAD site, it'll explain better to u.

Cardoza:
Good evening house, please I’ll like some advice from this group. I would like to further my studies (MSC) in Germany. Is it possible to apply for msc programs with my HND certificate?

If yes, please what steps do i need to follow?

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ingenieur1: 10:58am On Feb 21, 2021
Hey guys,

6 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nzesinachi1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2021
Please where are the people that said they are bouncing List A (2017 second class upper) interviewees?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 4:23pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nzesinachi1:
Please where are the people that said they are bouncing List A (2017 second class upper) interviewees?

Did anybody u know went for his interview of recent with 2nd class upper and was turned back cuz that's what they did to two of my friends last week?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2021
Ingenieur1:
Hey guys,

it’s the holidays and i have some free time.

I would like to give back to the community as a 4th semester industrial engineering student at DIT, Bavaria.

If you have any questions regarding Bavaria or my engineering studies in general I would be happy to help.

Warm greetings from Bavaria!
Welcome back to the forum. A quick one, I plan on sending applications to the department of communication engineering and Electrical/information engineering for my MSC.

What requisite prep would you advice a person engage in, to have a smooth run there.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by JonSnow23: 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2021
I want to apply for Masters in cybersecurity for winter semester. On UNIASSIST there is no option to choose winter for my desired schools.

And how much in Naira is the block amount required?

please help with any information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.