Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1111970 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Energygod: 7:15am On Jul 01, 2021
emeka2103:
Please those who got SL of recent, how long does it take to get the SL from the foreigner's office in Germany? My sponsor has applied for it since May 15th and sent every necessary document they requested but up till now no response yet. I guess it might be due to the covid but I want to know how long more can someone wait till it's out.

Please those that are in Germany should help out

I got my SL in April and it took my aunty just one day.
She booked the appointment one week in advance but she got it the same day she went for the appointment.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by victor5996: 7:47am On Jul 01, 2021
I don't think it is always that easy. It might take longer than a day. Just saying
Energygod:

She booked the appointment one week in advance but she got it the same day she went for the appointment.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Moderna: 8:15am On Jul 01, 2021
babakb:

The truth is always bitter, Germany doesn't owe us study permit...

We are the cause of our own problems, so because of the few that graduate and get jobs in Germany, the embassy should allow every dick and harry in?

Why not take your time to understand what the guy has written. Tryna comprehend it, before typing. If you ask me, he has a different perspective.

His view is that as much as whether significant/not significant number of Nigerians violate the student visa rule, nationals of other countries also break it in that proportion.

All these happen everywhere. Indians are everywhere. Many of them are even violating our immigration policies here in Nigeria. Chinese do that too. Let's stop condemning ourselves.

7 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by babakb: 9:10am On Jul 01, 2021
Moderna:

Why not take your time to understand what the guy has written. Tryna comprehend it, before typing. If you ask me, he has a different perspective.

His view is that as much as whether significant/not significant number of Nigerians violate the student visa rule, nationals of other countries also break it in that proportion.

All these happen everywhere. Indians are everywhere. Many of them are even violating our immigration policies here in Nigeria. Chinese do that too. Let's stop condemning ourselves.

We are so full of assumptions, we always justify our crookedness by pointing accusing fingers...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Energygod: 10:08am On Jul 01, 2021
victor5996:
I don't think it is always that easy. It might take longer than a day. Just saying

Yes my bad I can't remember how long it took the first time but this most recent one was actually a reprint after showing the former.
So yes it might take longer. Thank you Victor.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dobeespen: 10:11am On Jul 01, 2021
You heard very well. The stats are not in our favour. To people who are frothing at the mouth, it’s okay lol. I understand that it may not be easy to accept but it’s the bitter truth.

Ask yourself why it’s so much easier for even Citizens of Benin Republic to get German visas, and they’ve put almost impossible criteria for Nigerians to get in. When I first got to Germany and worked with other Africans, I was shocked at the ease with which they got their student visas (except Cameroonians sha,lol). After us, Cameroonians follow join. They’ve also made student visas extremely hard for Cameroonians and I think have banned SLs too, except you can prove a familial relationship.

The only government you can demand quality education from is the Nigerian government. Protesting will most definitely get you nowhere. In 2017, with shortness of visa dates, people “protested” as well and what did the German government do? Diddly squat.

The truth is that most Nigerians do not finish in the allotted time and tend to think that working odd jobs for 1k5 or 2k Euros is worth delaying graduation significantly. Either that, or they become masters of masters (lol), going from degree to degree, because they failed to get the adequate work experience needed when they were studying.

The only advise I would give to everyone here is to pray and hope everything works in your favour, and be determined to change the narrative if/when you arrive.

OdogwuEkeke:
Yesterday evening I got intel that Nigerians are not making good use of the free tuition in Germany. The statistics show that Nigerians do not spend the required time to finish a master's program. I was told most spend 4years when the ideal plan is to spend 2years and leave, some others do not even attend lectures but rather just get a job and drop out from school. So technically, it's not like Nigerians are doing crime per se, we are not just going according to the objectives of the tuition-free agenda. This in a way would hinder others from coming because they are still enjoying the student benefits which was not intended for that long. With the Nigerian population, we cannot be the only ones enjoying free tuition in Germany. What she said was tending towards an unofficial ban on Nigerian students because other countries are getting dates and moving into Germany. At this point, I would drop the pen until I am proven otherwise about this issue. All the best with your plan B.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxyba: 11:00am On Jul 01, 2021
But you’re making assumptions too that it’s due to the behavior of some Nigerians. if not point me to the stats to back up your claim or an official statement from a German public agency or official undecided
babakb:

We are so full of assumptions, we always justify our crookedness by pointing accusing fingers...

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by emeka2103: 11:06am On Jul 01, 2021
Energygod:

Yea you might be correct but I think this time around you don't even have to be present you just need to apply for it and they would send you some documents for you to sign and attach other documents (like payslip, resident permit, house contract, EU card, etc). Then you send to prospective foreigner's office. So since all this has been done my sponsor we have just been patiently waiting for it to be out. That's why am asking if this is how it takes longer time due to the pandemic.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxyba: 11:11am On Jul 01, 2021
We have a high population of youth looking to migrate and tuition is free in public unis in the country, it’s not hard to see why they are doing like this
Forget all these all other excuses, they don’t want their country to become Nigerian extension and if you check well Germany acceptance rate is high if you fulfill all requirements you’re likely to get Visa unlike some countries that will collect your money and still reject high number of people
I see it as, they rather not give out dates than give out dates collect money and reject the person even when they fulfill requirements

You’re comparing with Benin republic where the population is like 12 million, and some of these African countries their citizens are not as desperate to migrate like Nigerians where japa feels like our mantra
dobeespen:
You heard very well. The stats are not in our favour. To people who are frothing at the mouth, it’s okay lol. I understand that it may not be easy to accept but it’s the bitter truth.

Ask yourself why it’s so much easier for even Citizens of Benin Republic to get German visas, and they’ve put almost impossible criteria for Nigerians to get in. When I first got to Germany and worked with other Africans, I was shocked at the ease with which they got their student visas (except Cameroonians sha,lol). After us, Cameroonians follow join. They’ve also made student visas extremely hard for Cameroonians and I think have banned SLs too, except you can prove a familial relationship.

The only government you can demand quality education from is the Nigerian government. Protesting will most definitely get you nowhere. In 2017, with shortness of visa dates, people “protested” as well and what did the German government do? Diddly squat.

The truth is that most Nigerians do not finish in the allotted time and tend to think that working odd jobs for 1k5 or 2k Euros is worth delaying graduation significantly. Either that, or they become masters of masters (lol), going from degree to degree, because they failed to get the adequate work experience needed when they were studying.

The only advise I would give to everyone here is to pray and hope everything works in your favour, and be determined to change the narrative if/when you arrive.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxyba: 11:13am On Jul 01, 2021
Make God help us all, the situation is sad
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dobeespen: 11:27am On Jul 01, 2021
I would have accepted the high population argument, but Indian students are all over Germany. They come in large numbers and are not facing harsh requirements like us.

While it’s a feasible argument, I think it’s more probable because of what I said earlier.

I was just gonna say that I’ll take Germany over the US any day. US will take your money 5/6 times and still reject you. Lol.

oxyba:
We have a high population of youth looking to migrate and tuition is free in public unis in the country, it’s not hard to see why they are doing like this
Forget all these all other excuses, they don’t want their country to become Nigerian extension and if you check well Germany acceptance rate is high if you fulfill all requirements you’re likely to get Visa unlike some countries that will collect your money and still reject high number of people
I see it as, they rather not give out dates than give out dates collect money and reject the person even when they fulfill requirements

You’re comparing with Benin republic where the population is like 12 million, and some of these African countries their citizens are not as desperate to migrate like Nigerians where japa feels like our mantra

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oxyba: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2021
They are actually
Germany has more than 7 consulates in India and I checked yesterday no slots available for booking

Moreover India has a better relationship with Germany, most of their medical drugs ingredient are gotten from India , it’s all about diplomatic relationship

Yup, US has that reputation, they are making much money from visitors visa category, they will give you the blue slip and your money is gone
dobeespen:
I would have accepted the high population argument, but Indian students are all over Germany. They come in large numbers and are not facing harsh requirements like us.

While it’s a feasible argument, I think it’s more probable because of what I said earlier.

I was just gonna say that I’ll take Germany over the US any day. US will take your money 5/6 times and still reject you. Lol.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by babakb: 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2021
oxyba:
They are actually
Germany has more than 7 consulates in India and I checked yesterday no slots available for booking

Moreover India has a better relationship with Germany, most of their medical drugs ingredient are gotten from India , it’s all about diplomatic relationship

Yup, US has that reputation, they are making much money from visitors visa category, they will give you the blue slip and your money is gone

Now you are talking, Indians have made themselves very relevant everywhere they go regardless of their population.

They also go extra mile to learn foreign languages, they learn beforehand or immediately they arrive their host countries.

Indians are better fit to integrate than Nigerians anywhere anytime...

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vlibray: 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2021
{In 2019, 39,871 Chinese students were enrolled in German universities, other groups of international students enrolled in 2019 were from: India (20,562), Russia (10,439), Austria (11,495), Italy (9,246), France (7,047), Cameroon (7,211), Ukraine (6,926), and Turkey (8,470)}.

Lol, I checked the stats of International students in Germany yesterday, Nigeria is not in top 10.. so what are you people saying exactly ?

11 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TJ10: 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2021
Vlibray:
{In 2019, 39,871 Chinese students were enrolled in German universities, other groups of international students enrolled in 2019 were from: India (20,562), Russia (10,439), Austria (11,495), Italy (9,246), France (7,047), Cameroon (7,211), Ukraine (6,926), and Turkey (8,470)}.

Lol, I checked the stats of International students in Germany yesterday, Nigeria is not in top 10.. so what are you people saying exactly ?

Shey

And not only Nigerians commit crime in foreign lands.

We are just being stigmatised

8 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Basalt(m): 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2021
Those under category B still waiting for visa appointment, you have to pray more now.
There are few bitter things you need to remember.

1. It usually takes 4 -8 weeks after interview for you to get approval mail. Infact during our time, some people's own took over 10 weeks sef.
And once your enrollment deadline passes before the visa decision, your application will most likely be rejected.
So your enrollment deadline and possibility of extension of enrollment deadline can play a big role.
Because my friend got an email then asking her to present evidence of enrollment deadline extension or the application will be rejected, unfortunately her school didn't give her any extension and the visa was rejected due to passing the enrollment deadline.
I heard it's possible to enroll online now, so you can also enroll online when it gets to that point.

2. After 31st September 2021 , embassy will no longer issue appointment for this year. Which means you need to get appointment in July or latest in August for you to stand a good chance of getting German student visa this year.

3. Though Corona situation is getting better in Germany and category B appointment should return to normal right now, but We are still doing our lectures online contrary to our expectations, which means they might assume that new students can still receive the lectures from their countries and therefore not in a hurry to issue appointments.

If you don't get appointment mail after August this year, then it will be extremely hard for you to meet up this year.
So pray more for the appointment, call them if you can, send emails, explore option B.
You barely have 2 months left

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Finiks: 4:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
oxyba:
My theory?
We have terrible diplomats who barely care about the advancement of their citizenry

It’s only when you get public officials who care about your welfare that will be willing to negotiate and prioritize your plights in diplomatic meetings

I couldn't agree more, boss. Just apt!!!

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Finiks: 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
Basalt:
Those under category B still waiting for visa appointment, you have to pray more now.

1. It usually takes 4 -8 weeks after interview for you to get approval mail. Infact during our time, some people's own took over 10 weeks sef.
And once your enrollment deadline passes before the visa decision, your application will most likely be rejected.
So your enrollment deadline and possibility of extension of enrollment deadline can play a big role.
Because my friend got an email then asking her to present evidence of enrollment deadline extension or the application will be rejected, unfortunately her school didn't give her any extension and the visa was rejected due to passing the enrollment deadline.
I heard it's possible to enroll online now, so you can also enroll online when it gets to that point.

So help me God. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ohswagz: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
Please, I want to fund my expatrio blocked account. please, who has funded his/her account recently like within the last 4 months and How did u go about it...Much thanks...

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SpongeBobSP: 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
Basalt:

2. After 31st September 2021 , embassy will no longer issue appointment for this year. Which means you need to get appointment in July or latest in August for you to stand a good chance of getting German student visa this year.

3. Though Corona situation is getting better in Germany and category B appointment should return to normal right now, but We are still doing our lectures online contrary to our expectations, which means they might assume that new students can still receive the lectures from their countries and therefore not in a hurry to issue appointments.

If you don't get appointment mail after August this year, then it will be extremely hard for you to meet up this year.
So pray more for the appointment, call them if you can, send emails, explore option B.

The situation appears even more grim every passing day. Sadly some of us have been admitted to schools where you can only enrol in Germany. It's all good. We pray and hope for the best. Fingers crossed things change very soon. wink

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lol who are you again? Honorable uchezdedon. Thanks for the comment.

uchezdedon:

It is more honourable to keep quiet than to talk rubbish.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oluwatobik: 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2021
Can I travel with my husband and 3 children on a student visa to Germany? How easy can it be for my husband to get a job as a PhD holder? My children are under 6years, can they also have access to free education?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by NwadiNK: 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2021
Please who knows the link to the updated document requirement for interview...
I know it was forwarded here, but can't find it again.

Please help I need it urgently. Thank you guys

Finiks:

Check your "Transfer Information Document". It's a pdf you get to download from the fintiba app/website. It contains all the info that is needed to make the transfer.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by computaholicGoc(m): 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2021
I am avail if you want to fund. I fund your account while you remit into naira account.

ohswagz:
Please, I want to fund my expatrio blocked account. please, who has funded his/her account recently like within the last 4 months and How did u go about it...Much thanks...

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GreatMage: 10:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
dobeespen:

Seems like you doing very well....

I'm sure you were smiling while writing this too...

Looking down on mere mortals with an aloofness that begets an overlord...

Maybe once in a while you will come to nairaland and re-read all these so as to make yourself feel good.

You must really be proud of yourself Mr Dobeespen

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Finiks: 12:38am On Jul 02, 2021
NwadiNK:
Please who knows the link to the updated document requirement for interview...
I know it was forwarded here, but can't find it again.

Please help I need it urgently. Thank you guys

The checklist you mean? You can always find the updated one on the Embassy's website na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hillz31: 7:40am On Jul 02, 2021
Energygod:

SL is issued in one day… once they check her documents and she has a good job to sponsor you, it will be issued immidiately…

Is your sponsor related to you? If No check well for lies…
If yes she may not have a good job to sponsor you but may not tell you…

Did you pay? If yes let’s pray it’s not scam, (you should have seen the document via video or picture before paying… that’s how it’s done…

If you didn’t pay then let’s hope for the best…

My mom did for me twice actually in 2017 and in 2020… still did for my friend… same day collection…

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Energygod: 8:08am On Jul 02, 2021
Hillz31:

SL is issued in one day… once they check her documents and she has a good job to sponsor you, it will be issued immidiately…

Is your sponsor related to you? If No check well for lies…
If yes she may not have a good job to sponsor you but may not tell you…

Did you pay? If yes let’s pray it’s not scam, (you should have seen the document via video or picture before paying… that’s how it’s done…

If you didn’t pay then let’s hope for the best…

My mom did for me twice actually in 2017 and in 2020… still did for my friend… same day collection…

Thank you

Thank you for this! I said the same.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bebeto400: 9:07am On Jul 02, 2021
[quote author=OdogwuEkeke post=103193476]Ask people in the US thread.
[/quot

Please I need help can anyone give me cheap universities in Estonia, Lithuania or any schengen states that accept installments of tuition fee, please
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Odunzemaryannng(f): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2021
please is there any WhatsApp group or telegram
Add me up 09018317437
Or send me the link please
It’s kinda hurt
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Odunzemaryannng(f): 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2021
please is there any group on WhatsApp or telegram
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by theochael(m): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2021
Thanks for sharing, I would like to reach you via email.

dobeespen:
Hi everyone,

It's been a minute since I have logged in here. Phew! My 3.5-year journey to get a bachelor's degree is coming to an end in a couple of months smiley

I will be moving on to the next phase of my life and wanted to drop some helpful tips for anyone who may be interested. I have read how stringent the German embassy has become in trying to curb the number of students leaving for Germany but I think I may be able to give some helpful tips.

I will be done with my bachelor's degree in a couple of months and will be starting a dual-master program later in the year. The university is a private university so tuition fees must be paid. However, it will be a job-integrated program which means that you will also work and be paid for the entire duration of the program. The company is obliged to pay you a salary and also pay about 80% of the tuition fees and you will only have to pay a small amount to balance it which can be taken from the salary you earn.

This could be useful in bumping you from a Category B to Category A because the amount that is paid to you will be given to you in form of a scholarship and you can present that to the embassy. The university does not follow the regular German rules for grading and admission so no Uni-assist needed, no minimum GPA, no English test, and many others. However, note that what the university absolutely requires is some form of previous work experience prior to applying. If you have no work experience, I strongly do not recommend you applying because I am highly certain you will be rejected. I got in because I have been in working student positions since I arrived in Germany 3 years ago, but I do not think you need a lot of work experience to qualify. Also, note that they have a rigorous admission process and make sure they admit only the top 20% of applicants.

If you pass the interview process, you will then be admitted to their talent pool where they have many job offers from various companies in various fields that you can apply for. Once you apply and are interviewed by the prospective company and then offered a position, then you can use that to apply for a visa, stating that you have a scholarship. Also note that most positions advertised require German but you could be lucky to see job positions that do not require German like I got.

They have an International Management program and a double degree for a master's/MBA (which is what I applied for and was admitted).

If this sounds interesting to you, I invite you to check the school website here: https://sibe-edu.com/programs/

I wish you all very good success and hope your dreams of seeking a better life come to fruition. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email.

Adaobi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: Gcapable(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.