Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1111648 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Antoine041: 11:13am On Aug 12, 2021
Has anyone spoken with embassy to inquire about AD before?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by richy16(m): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2021
Has anyone tried benin route? If I get the residence permit more than six months old do I need other important documents?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Prosnelson: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2021
Seven7Seven7:
Greetings Admin.
I am new to this thread, I apply for a German student visa at Abuja section but because of Pandemic I was told the Abj consulate is for special candidates and I rebooked another AP on 6th April 21 and school resumes on October 21, do I still have good chances for AD before October? Cat B.

Please any BSBI Students here??
Yes
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Seven7Seven7: 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2021
Nice bro, drop your contact for me.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2021
I’m sorry I chuckled when I saw this. There is a large number of people awaiting interview date. Don’t you think they would have tried to connect with the embassy?

Yes, I have tried but nothing productive came out of reaching them.

Antoine041:
Has anyone spoken with embassy to inquire about AD before?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by computaholicGoc(m): 11:31pm On Aug 12, 2021
You are spot on man!

For the benefits of others: When choosing a city to study.How big or financially endowed a city is shouldn't even come to play.

i will Choose BRS ahead of FAU

The immigration office in Nuremberg aint friendly at al. After ur first year you might be forced to block the complete money again ( It happened to me ). as a foreigner one of the most important things is to get your immigration matters right.

Also the semester ticket for any school under NRW state is second to non ( u can travel from anywhere in NRW to as far as hannover ( northwards ) , to kassel ( southwards ). you dont wanna miss out on NRW semester ticket.

Accommodation in Bonn and its environs are way cheaper than Nuremberg/Erlangen. As a student you will get 20hrs per week in Germany, so think about this.

As for opportunities, studying in a city doesn't mean that ur destiny is tied to that city. I studied in a very small city but worked in the big cities afterwards. All you need is a student job which u can find in most places.

Bonn has so many big employers like DHL Global hqtrs, deutcshe telekom, postbank, etc

You can be in Sankt Augustin campus in less than 30mins from bonn central station. you can even ride to school.

Having lived in both cities. I will choose Bonn anyday anytime.

Ingenieur1:

Hi!
Unfriendliness does not equate to racism smiley
Economically Bonn > Erlangen and also there are bigger cities like cologne Düsseldorf Essen and Duisburg.
Cheers

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TripleJ03(f): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2021
Adisa471:
Or has anyone done this before? Please I just need to ask a few questions, that's all.
not possible
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
TripleJ03:
not possible

I haven't personally done it before.
But of course it is possible.

Many people here have done it.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by heroshark(m): 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
You will have to get a residence permit that is older than 6 months to apply at the German embassy in Cotonou. To be honest, If you haven't been living there don't bother cos they know about the situation in Nigeria and are ready to extort.

Also, avoid going through corners cos you will only waste your time and money considering the recent Nigeria/Benin Buahaha

Please, since Cotonou is a french speaking country, will your interview be conducted in French or English. I have not started my Germany application yet, will be starting this summer semester and I've been thinking of the best route for me. I can migrate to Benin (Cotonou) now and spend the required 6months before my Visa application starts.

Since my work is fully remote I don't think I have a problem as long as I have access to good internet and electricity. my only fear is that the country is a french speaking country.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
heroshark:

Please, since Cotonou is a french speaking country, will your interview be conducted in French or English. I have not started my Germany application yet, will be starting this summer semester and I've been thinking of the best route for me. I can migrate to Benin (Cotonou) now and spend the required 6months before my Visa application starts.

Since my work is fully remote I don't think I have a problem as long as I have access to good internet and electricity. my only fear is that the country is a french speaking country.

Your interview can be conducted in English.
That won't be a problem.
But,the last time i checked,their immigration office in Cotonou has not repaired their central computer system since February this year.
I went there in January,gathered all the required documents in March,went to the immigration office to submit them,tori come enter.Till now,the same story.
Some of the documents have since expired.
So,you can't submit the documents without your data being taken.
So,make sure the system has been repaired before making any move.
And processing of the permit takes about two to three months,plus the six months stay.That's roughly 8 to 9 months waiting altogether.
I don bone them since.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by richy16(m): 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
Elninoarmando:

Your interview can be conducted in English.
That won't be a problem.
But,the last time i checked,their immigration office in Cotonou has not repaired their central computer system since February this year.
I went there in January,gathered all the required documents in March,went to the immigration office to submit them,tori come enter.Till now,the same story.
Some of the documents have since expired.
So,you can't submit the documents without your data being taken.
So,make sure the system has been repaired before making any move.
And processing of the permit takes about two to three months,plus the six months stay.That's roughly 8 to 9 months waiting altogether.
I don bone them since.

Like what documents did you submit at the immigration? And was the documents for the residence permit or what?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
richy16:

Like what documents did you submit at the immigration? And was the documents for the residence permit or what?

I didn't submit any document to the immigration office because of the problem outlined in my previous update.
These are the ones i can remember-age declaration certicate from Nigeria,police character from Nigeria,police character from Benin republic,lab test in Benin republic,any bill payment receipt of your residence in Benin,certificate from the chief or mayor in charge of your resident area/zone in Benin etc.
Immigration officials go still come your house to still check whether the place u mention na where u dey live abi u lie.Using hotel as residence isn't allowed.
Yes,it was for resident permit.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Adisa471: 11:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
It is actually. I'm currently doing it.
TripleJ03:
not possible
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by DanWord(m): 8:37am On Aug 14, 2021
Spiff006:
Germany appointment booking site has crashed o... Lol

Good morning bro, Please Concerning uniben transcript which institution did you send your transcript that was rejected by uniben. I use my brother company I'm getting a feeling they will not send it there. And also how can I get a soft copy to my mail like you did incase they refuse to send it. Because my transcript has been in the office of the deputy registrar for a week now. No posting. Please sir I'm in need of it.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by richy16(m): 10:57am On Aug 14, 2021
Elninoarmando:

I didn't submit any document to the immigration office because of the problem outlined in my previous update.
These are the ones i can remember-age declaration certicate from Nigeria,police character from Nigeria,police character from Benin republic,lab test in Benin republic,any bill payment receipt of your residence in Benin,certificate from the chief or mayor in charge of your resident area/zone in Benin etc.
Immigration officials go still come your house to still check whether the place u mention na where u dey live abi u lie.Using hotel as residence isn't allowed.
Yes,it was for resident permit.

Nawa o,no b small thing, Germany embassy in Nigeria cause all this headache
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Spiff006: 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2021
DanWord:

Good morning bro, Please Concerning uniben transcript which institution did you send your transcript that was rejected by uniben. I use my brother company I'm getting a feeling they will not send it there. And also how can I get a soft copy to my mail like you did incase they refuse to send it. Because my transcript has been in the office of the deputy registrar for a week now. No posting. Please sir I'm in need of it.
Good afternoon, If any internal person is tracking it for you, just tell the person that you need a soft copy of the transcript. I received the hard copy through the company address I filled during the application. Don't worry, they will definitely send it to the company address you submitted.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ingenieur1: 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2021
computaholicGoc:
You are spot on man!

For the benefits of others: When choosing a city to study.How big or financially endowed a city is shouldn't even come to play.

The immigration office in Nuremberg aint friendly at al. After ur first year you might be forced to block the complete money again ( It happened to me ). as a foreigner one of the most important things is to get your immigration matters right.

Also the semester ticket for any school under NRW state is second to non ( u can travel from anywhere in NRW to as far as hannover ( northwards ) , to kassel ( southwards ). you dont wanna miss out on NRW semester ticket.

Accommodation in Bonn and its environs are way cheaper than Nuremberg/Erlangen. As a student you will get 20hrs per week in Germany, so think about this.

As for opportunities, studying in a city doesn't mean that ur destiny is tied to that city. I studied in a very small city but worked in the big cities afterwards. All you need is a student job which u can find in most places.

Bonn has so many big employers like DHL Global hqtrs, deutcshe telekom, postbank, etc

You can be in Sankt Augustin campus in less than 30mins from bonn central station. you can even ride to school.

Hallo, I’d like to connect with yousmiley I sent you a PM smiley
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by anotherguyonNL: 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
CooKeed:

If you're in lagos aramex is 13500. 6 days

Where is the Aramex office in Lagos?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by DanWord(m): 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2021
Spiff006:

Good afternoon, If any internal person is tracking it for you, just tell the person that you need a soft copy of the transcript. I received the hard copy through the company address I filled during the application. Don't worry, they will definitely send it to the company address you submitted.

Thanks a lot sir, I really appreciate. I have been apprehensive about this. She couldn't get me the soft copy in time because she was on leave before she came they move it to their oga table. So I have worried. But thanks alot.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
anotherguyonNL:

Victoria Island
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SpongeBobSP: 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2021
anotherguyonNL:

Ajose adeogun, it's about 5-10 mins from eko hotel roundabout.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Spark2: 8:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
Please I just got an admission offer for an Msc in chemistry at Univeristy of Bonn. I'm sure it is a tuition free university.
I just want to know how much I must have in my account before I'm granted a Visa to germany. I am to resume in October.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Spark2: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2021
computaholicGoc:
You are spot on man!

Hi Bro. I will like to ask some urgent questions. I just sent you a PM

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by klodgirl: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2021
Please, how can one get an appointment day for German visa. I've been trying online but kept saying no available date. I'm worried. I need help please.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Energygod: 9:00pm On Aug 14, 2021
klodgirl:
Please, how can one get an appointment day for German visa. I've been trying online but kept saying no available date. I'm worried. I need help please.

I'm worried some of you don't even read the thread at all before asking questions. I'm sorry but if you did you'll know everyone in Nigeria is having this problem right now and nobody has the solution.

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Antoine041: 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2021
klodgirl:

You don't choose appointment date yourself, just register, they will confirm your registration and you then wait for another email later that will contain the date for your appointment

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GreatMage: 12:06am On Aug 15, 2021
You guys should please help me to confirm something I have been trying to understand since a long time coming now for like 3 years or so back since or let me say before this appointment issue wasn't present like it is now
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by chika0072(m): 3:41am On Aug 15, 2021
Made transfer to fitinba on Friday evening, possible to get deposit confirmation atleast Monday evening? Interview is the next day.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SpongeBobSP: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2021
cry
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ISPE: 11:56am On Aug 15, 2021
Thank you!

UncleJudax:

go to mawista and switch back to public after school (when you start working full-time)
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ISPE: 11:57am On Aug 15, 2021
Okay, thanks.

MrAAA2:

It was on a call conversation I had with DAK and TK earlier this year

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.