Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1111929 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by heroshark(m): 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
chika0072:
Made transfer to fitinba on Friday evening, possible to get deposit confirmation atleast Monday evening? Interview is the next day.

It's a little bit tricky, international transfer usually takes 2-5 working days.

But let's hope yours arrive sooner

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by heroshark(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
Spark2:
Please I just got an admission offer for an Msc in chemistry at Univeristy of Bonn. I'm sure it is a tuition free university.
I just want to know how much I must have in my account before I'm granted a Visa to germany. I am to resume in October.

Thanks

You need around 8million.
€10,250 for block account
€2,000 for flight ticket and other departure expenses.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SpongeBobSP: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2021
August 15th, still no AD.

At what point do we begin to say “ okay, I've had it, this thing isn't happening again this year” cos I'm TAyad! embarassed cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ijeshalomo(m): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2021
Happy new week fam. I got a lot of advice and experience from this forum. I am willing to give back only on this forum. My responses may be delayed especially during work days (man must hustle) but I’m sure I will respond ASAP.

Thanks family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by chika0072(m): 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
heroshark:

It's a little bit tricky, international transfer usually takes 2-5 working days.

But let's hope yours arrive sooner
My friend got his the next day
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Adisa471: 8:01pm On Aug 15, 2021
If you switch from public to private insurance, it is impossible to switch back to public insurance. Please do your findings on this, cos I know someone who has had this issue. Private insurance might be cheaper now, but it can go as high as twice the cost of public insurance in the future.
UncleJudax:

go to mawista and switch back to public after school (when you start working full-time)

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by walexy06(m): 8:17pm On Aug 15, 2021
SpongeBobSP:

At what point do we begin to say “ okay, I've had it, this thing isn't happening again this year” cos I'm TAyad! embarassed cry

I just hope the Embassy is aware of the general enrollment deadline (Oct ending at the latest). Giving ADs towards the end of the year would see lots of dates going into waste because there wouldn't be MANY active studentship status by then.
It's draining...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by UncleJudax(m): 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2021
Adisa471:
If you switch from public to private insurance, it is impossible to switch back to public insurance. Please do your findings on this, cos I know someone who has had this issue. Private insurance might be cheaper now, but it can go as high as twice the cost of public insurance in the future.
Not true. i switched from AOK to Mawista when i was still a student (+turned 30) and now i am working and back to public.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by richy16(m): 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
Nigerians..I hail, everyone affected with this A.D issues just act like All is well ,the year is running to an end ,no official statement from the embassy, other countries are travelling to Germany without issue ..it is well,

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
If you are an O.B.O I will suggest you look at applying to other European countries first because, to be honest, the Cotonou route is not so sure as most people I know say it did not work. The whole residency thing is illegal cos you will have to cook up unnecessary stories. Personally, anything illegal I do not put hand plus guys there knows we are desperate hence an easy way to extort Nigerians. Do your findings very well, even if it requires you to go there and ask questions yourself. Nigerians are meant to have a consular card + residence permit.

heroshark:

Please, since Cotonou is a french speaking country, will your interview be conducted in French or English. I have not started my Germany application yet, will be starting this summer semester and I've been thinking of the best route for me. I can migrate to Benin (Cotonou) now and spend the required 6months before my Visa application starts.

Since my work is fully remote I don't think I have a problem as long as I have access to good internet and electricity. my only fear is that the country is a french speaking country.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 12:19am On Aug 16, 2021
Hard facts.

The new variant is not helping matters plus they are still trying to have more people get the vaccine. At my Uni, they are still encouraging students to get vaccinated.

SpongeBobSP:

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 12:23am On Aug 16, 2021
And we have a Nigerian ambassador to Germany and Abike Dabiri. They are also acting like they do not know what is going on. Nobody should try to 'dabirize' me when I eventually blow abroad.

richy16:
Nigerians..I hail, everyone affected with this A.D issues just act like All is well ,the year is running to an end ,no official statement from the embassy, other countries are travelling to Germany without issue ..it is well,
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 12:25am On Aug 16, 2021
Wale welcome to the forum, Omo we got people on this platform since 2019 waiting for AD. They don't really care about the enrollment deadlines.

walexy06:

I just hope the Embassy is aware of the general enrollment deadline (Oct ending at the latest). Giving ADs towards the end of the year would see lots of dates going into waste because there wouldn't be MANY active studentship status by then.
It's draining...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Abdulhameed123: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2021
Elninoarmando:

I didn't submit any document to the immigration office because of the problem outlined in my previous update.
These are the ones i can remember-age declaration certicate from Nigeria,police character from Nigeria,police character from Benin republic,lab test in Benin republic,any bill payment receipt of your residence in Benin,certificate from the chief or mayor in charge of your resident area/zone in Benin etc.
Immigration officials go still come your house to still check whether the place u mention na where u dey live abi u lie.Using hotel as residence isn't allowed.
Yes,it was for resident permit.
Please will I have the same issue if I have benin passport
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2021
The thing dey turn my stomach. This your message should be in capital letters. Just read thread they will not read. There was one saying he is resuming in October lol

Energygod:

I'm worried some of you don't even read the thread at all before asking questions. I'm sorry but if you did you'll know everyone in Nigeria is having this problem right now and nobody has the solution.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 6:01pm On Aug 16, 2021
The thing Choke for Benin sha
Before Mayor Chief go give you certificate sef. You must be very lucky if you no collect fake document at some point. God dey jare

Elninoarmando:

I didn't submit any document to the immigration office because of the problem outlined in my previous update.
These are the ones i can remember-age declaration certicate from Nigeria,police character from Nigeria,police character from Benin republic,lab test in Benin republic,any bill payment receipt of your residence in Benin,certificate from the chief or mayor in charge of your resident area/zone in Benin etc.
Immigration officials go still come your house to still check whether the place u mention na where u dey live abi u lie.Using hotel as residence isn't allowed.
Yes,it was for resident permit.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nope, that must mean you are a citizen. Carry go be that.
Abdulhameed123:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 6:12pm On Aug 16, 2021
Abdulhameed123:

No.
Na direct flight be that nah.
It means you're a citizen.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SpongeBobSP: 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
Hard facts.

The new variant is not helping matters plus they are still trying to have more people get the vaccine. At my Uni, they are still encouraging students to get vaccinated.

Bro, I'm already in the phase where I have all but given up, my school will resume on 15th of October, and it has to be in-person enrollment or forfeit. The future looks pretty bleak regarding meeting that date. We need a miracle at this point. I'm already getting my shit together for Finland a the end of the year, cos this German business is slowly looking like a burst! cry cry sad
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
The thing Choke for Benin sha
Before Mayor Chief go give you certificate sef. You must be very lucky if you no collect fake document at some point. God dey jare

If you have someone who's residing over there,half of your challenges has been solved.
Nothing like giving you fake documents when they verify you really stay in a rented apartment.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Adeniranjadesol(f): 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2021
Congratulations your testimony gave me lot of hope, although I don’t know I can book ahead,what is my fate since I didn’t apply for that on time , I applied just this month, my course starts 6th of next month, I am given a chance to enroll online at first till arrival will I still get AD this year? And should I transfer the block account month after getting an appointment date or I must deposit it from now. My number starts with 13 and ends with 60* Thanks in anticipation.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Energygod: 7:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
biglord:

I am very well. How are you? Thanks for the kind words.

Doing very fine bro I thank God.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ndyoo(m): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2021
MrAAA2:

If you want to continue working, I will advise you continue with TK and I don't think you will be able to move to private again with the new Jan 1, 2021 policy.
By the way, why are you paying up to 175? TK is 110 for the first month and about 104 subsequently and if you're working, it rises to about 153. Perhaps you should call them to ask.

The TK at your backyard you meant. What he pays is normal. I was paying 180 - 200 after graduation. Employers like people with public health insurance.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ndyoo(m): 7:24pm On Aug 16, 2021
UncleJudax:

from 30 years, the rate changes. i guess you are below 30.
Best bet is to go private and switch back to public after schooling.

If he switches to private, he will never go back again. Private pays more on the long run.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ijeshalomo(m): 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
SpongeBobSP:
Bro, I'm already in the phase where I have all but given up, my school will resume on 15th of October, and it has to be in-person enrollment or forfeit. The future looks pretty bleak regarding meeting that date. We need a miracle at this point. I'm already getting my shit together for Finland a the end of the year, cos this German business is slowly looking like a burst! cry cry sad

I advise pple to get admission to schools that operate online classes and enrollment. It would also help during interview.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by UncleJudax(m): 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ndyoo:

If he switches to private, he will never go back again. Private pays more on the long run.
as i answered the other guy. This is false. I moved from AOK to Mawista and now with another public insurance.

Generally, if you intend to work here and contribute towards retirement (aka work for a long time), you will have to use public insurance.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Energygod: 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2021
The Polish embassy in Abuja finally listened to the cry of applicants and have changed the booking system to accommodate more applicants. We hope the German embassy would do same maybe in the coming months.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by baxton25(m): 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2021
Hi good evening house, been reading this trend for a while now, I want apply for admission in a German university, for BSc and i don't have any degree yet apart from waec, I'm 24 can i get a student visa? I'd really love to study in Germany.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 12:37am On Aug 17, 2021
Naso oooh
Other countries sef dey.
I am not even writing any term paper this semester. Put in work for something I’m not sure of.

SpongeBobSP:
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Sweetkid: 12:41am On Aug 17, 2021
Hello house, does sponsorship letter guarantee a person an appointment under category B?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 8:46am On Aug 17, 2021
Sweetkid:
Hello house, does sponsorship letter guarantee a person an appointment under category B?

No.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ndyoo(m): 8:50am On Aug 17, 2021
UncleJudax:

as i answered the other guy. This is false. I moved from AOK to Mawista and now with another public insurance.

Generally, if you intend to work here and contribute towards retirement (aka work for a long time), you will have to use public insurance.

You moved from AOK to Mawista and now to another public insurance that don't have a name. You have to mention the exception that made you to switch such as low income, age etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: NebulaZzz, Dway911(m), liftmeGod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.