Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1112358 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Shoko88: 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
Me too abeg...where I wan even start from?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kultony: 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
chisomonyeke:
Good afternoon everyone
Please how can someone get practice questions for visa interview

Please, were you able to get the SL?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2022
Nnetriplet:
Hello please can anyone help me with any tuition free or low tuition free university in Germany

What course and degree?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nnetriplet: 9:51am On Oct 05, 2022
deuoessch:

What course and degree?
Nursing, bachelors
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2022
Divwake:
Category A, right?
Have you gotten your appointment yet?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
Shoko88:
Bros, abeg, where do I even start from?
I just want to start commencing...I don't know jackass atall atall..abeg ...I need guidance
Send me a mail
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 6:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
Lollyolans:

I booked for an appointment date on Aug7,2021.I got a mandatory letter from my school last year November too and sent it to the embassy's email address,later called the embassy, the person that attended to me said there are lots of people sending same letter and it doesn't change anything, that I have to exercise patience. Last wk I also sent a mail with the mandatory presence letter and other necessary documents to the email address shared on this platform but I am yet to receive a response.
Have you gotten an appointment yet?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
daviesblaze:

Have you gotten your appointment yet?
not yet
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
Nnetriplet:

Nursing, bachelors

Most courses for health under bachelors are taught in German though. And you'll need to very good in German to qualify for those. So, unless you want to go that way, you may have to be a bit extensive about what you want to study.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 12:14am On Oct 06, 2022
Please has anyone gotten an appointment yet for Category B this month. Please update us on progress so we can keep track of the trend. Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mosunmadez(f): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am hoping I will be able to help some people with their questions on this thread based on my experience.

I got admission for summer semester in Jan 2021 and also applied for the visa under category B same day, I did my enrollment and my admission was intact. Exactly March 30, i got an email that my application had expired that i need to reapply by April 1st 2021.

I reapplied but did not get any invite and I also sent several emails which I did not get response to. Anyway, Jan ending 2022, i got an invite on a Friday and my interview was supposed to be on a Tuesday.

The race to block my account started on that Friday, thank God I already opened a sterling bank account before I got the invite. Monday morning I was at their head office in Lagos and I was told form-A is now online and I have to fill the form online, upload my documents and write a letter.

I noticed people are filling Form-a without going to the bank or sending email to their account officer to acknowledge that they made the request. It will not be processed if you don't let them know that you actually made the request.

I was not debited by my bank before the interview, so I didn't get block account documents but I went for the interview regardless. When I got in for the interview and I was asked about my block account by my interviewer and I explained my situation. I was not allowed to do the interview but she advised me to send an email immediately i get the documents with my reference number, passport number , my previous date and attach my block account documents in pdf format to it and request for another date.

I was given another date after 2weeks of sending the email.

So if you have gotten a date before and for whatever reasons you could not make it for your interview date or not allowed to be interviewed, send an email with all the above information and the documents that you need to present. 2 people I know got a new date like this.

After my interview i waited for 4weeks before getting approval Mail.

The process can be frustrating sometimes but be patient.

One mistake i made while waiting was not going to a language school in Nigeria.

Been in Germany for almost 5months now

9 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Osg47cent: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2022
Have you check fulda in Hessen?
Nnetriplet:

Nursing, bachelors
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2022
Mosunmadez:
Hi everyone,

I am hoping I will be able to help some people with their questions on this thread based on my experience.

I got admission for summer semester in Jan 2021 and also applied for the visa under category B same day, I did my enrollment and my admission was intact. Exactly March 30, i got an email that my application had expired that i need to reapply by April 1st 2021.

I reapplied but did not get any invite and I also sent several emails which I did not get response to. Anyway, Jan ending 2022, i got an invite on a Friday and my interview was supposed to be on a Tuesday.

The race to block my account started on that Friday, thank God I already opened a sterling bank account before I got the invite. Monday morning I was at their head office in Lagos and I was told form-A is now online and I have to fill the form online, upload my documents and write a letter.

I noticed people are filling Form-a without going to the bank or sending email to their account officer to acknowledge that they made the request. It will not be processed if you don't let them know that you actually made the request.

I was not debited by my bank before the interview, so I didn't get block account documents but I went for the interview regardless. When I got in for the interview and I was asked about my block account by my interviewer and I explained my situation. I was not allowed to do the interview but she advised me to send an email immediately i get the documents with my reference number, passport number , my previous date and attach my block account documents in pdf format to it and request for another date.

So if you have gotten a date before and for whatever reasons you could not make it for your interview date or not allowed to be interviewed, send an email with all the above information and the documents that you need to present. 2 people I know got a new date like this.

Thank you so much for sharing.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 10:20am On Oct 06, 2022
Please my friend wants to know where she can attend a German Language school in Lagos. She stays on the island and would prefer a language school on the island too. Any recommendations?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bchimezie20(m): 11:02am On Oct 06, 2022
ozonaija:
Please my friend wants to know where she can attend a German Language school in Lagos. She stays on the island and would prefer a language school on the island too. Any recommendations?
Goethe institute
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bchimezie20(m): 11:04am On Oct 06, 2022
Nnetriplet:

Nursing, bachelors
first of all ur language level has to be c1.secondly u must have contract with a nursing home or hospital ..getting Bachelors is usually stressful
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jenny2412(f): 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2022
Pls, how many intakes do they have cos from what I saw on the Internet it appears they have only one. I'm looking to study Msc Sociology there but I don't know if they have Dec application window.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Abiodun397: 12:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mosunmadez:
Hi everyone,

Did you take courses online within that waiting period?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 12:46pm On Oct 06, 2022
Please, has anyone gotten appointment appointment so far this month? Kindly tell us to keep track...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mosunmadez(f): 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2022
Abiodun397:

Did you take courses online within that waiting period?

Yes i did. I usually register for 1 or 2 courses because I had a full-time job in Nigeria.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by charliesyndrom: 1:59am On Oct 07, 2022
Public schools in Germany are tuition free, they only accept semester fees. Make use of daad website

Nnetriplet:
Hello please can anyone help me with any tuition free or low tuition free university in Germany

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Abiodun397: 11:57am On Oct 07, 2022
and you did exams online right?
I'm aware the flexibility varies from school to school.

Also, is your regret for not learning the language from Nigeria with respect Job offers?

Mosunmadez:

Yes i did. I usually register for 1 or 2 courses because I had a full-time job in Nigeria.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fortunia123: 5:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
deuoessch:

What university?

Heinrich Heine University
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fortunia123: 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
dorbul0t:

If you haven't applied for a German visa, please note that it takes up to a year to get visa appointment if you are a category B applicant and it takes few weeks if you are a category A applicant. With this in mind, if you are a category A applicant, you have no problem, just enroll and apply for your visa, you'll definitely get in time for the next semester at most. But if you are a category B applicant and your school can't defer your admission to next session, the probability of your visa being ready by next semester is slim.

(You can risk it, enroll, start online classes for this semester and hope to get visa before next semester starts. The choice is yours)

I should be in category A because I graduated in January 2020. I’m going to enroll and work towards next semester. Is it possible that I ask for the enrollment deadline to be extended? I’m supposed to send physical copies of some documents bu next week but I don’t think I’ll make it. The school is HHU Dusseldorf
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fortunia123: 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hi guys. Pls I want to ask a few questions about this germany enrollment and visa process.

First, how long does it take to send physical documents to Germany. Second, how do I get student insurance for enrollment from Nigeria. And third, I graduated in January 2020. That qualifies me for category A right?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
bchimezie20:
Goethe institute

Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 8:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
Fortunia123:

I should be in category A because I graduated in January 2020. I’m going to enroll and work towards next semester. Is it possible that I ask for the enrollment deadline to be extended? I’m supposed to send physical copies of some documents bu next week but I don’t think I’ll make it. The school is HHU Dusseldorf

Did you graduate with a first class?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
Fortunia123:
Hi guys. Pls I want to ask a few questions about this germany enrollment and visa process.

First, how long does it take to send physical documents to Germany. Second, how do I get student insurance for enrollment from Nigeria. And third, I graduated in January 2020. That qualifies me for category A right?

1. Depending on different factors, it could take a few days to 1 week.
2. You can simply apply for any insurance you like online via their website. The most popular options are TK, AOK and Barmer(public health insurance providers). If you're over 30, then you should be privately insured.
3. If you graduated with a first class, then you qualifiy for category A.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fortunia123: 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2022
deuoessch:

Did you graduate with a first class?

Yes
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fortunia123: 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
deuoessch:

1. Depending on different factors, it could take a few days to 1 week.
2. You can simply apply for any insurance you like online via their website. The most popular options are TK, AOK and Barmer(public health insurance providers). If you're over 30, then you should be privately insured.
3. If you graduated with a first class, then you qualifiy for category A.

I graduated with a first class. Thanks ��
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2022
Fortunia123:

I graduated with a first class. Thanks ��

Category A is your route then. You should have no worries. If you can't defer your admission, you can apply again for the next semester. You can meet up with Category A.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fortunia123: 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
deuoessch:

Category A is your route then. You should have no worries. If you can't defer your admission, you can apply again for the next semester.

I can’t defer. It’s a restricted admission course. However, I was told to enroll then resume next semester or whenever I can.

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.