Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1111093 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 12:13am On Apr 25, 2023
pansophist:

You can't apply from Senegal due to something known as "territorial competence" As a rule, you should apply in a country that you reside, and if you live in Nigeria, then you should apply from Nigeria.

Although exceptions applies, for example you are a Nigerian living in Senegal (not as a tourist, but with a Senegalese residence permit), then you can apply from Senegal (your place of residence) and Nigeria (your country of citizenship).

Applying from Senegal with documents from Nigeria will not be accepted, or accepted and rejected, since the consular can't examine/verify applications/documents from nigeria. They speak French in Senegal for example.

What he only need is resident permit.. his documents from Nigeria will be accepted. I will be applying from there too and I have helped some people with resident permits that makes them to applied there, so the documents from Nigeria is not an issue

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jaydchukwuemeka(m): 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
dennison4luv:

What he only need is resident permit.. his documents from Nigeria will be accepted. I will he applying from there too and I have helped some people with resident permits that makes them to applied there, so the documents from Nigeria is not an issue

Very true
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chriswazo(m): 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
dennison4luv:

What

Check pm
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Babe808: 2:25am On Apr 26, 2023
pansophist:

You can't apply from Senegal due to something known as "territorial competence" As a rule, you should apply in a country that you reside, and if you live in Nigeria, then you should apply from Nigeria.

Although exceptions applies, for example you are a Nigerian living in Senegal (not as a tourist, but with a Senegalese residence permit), then you can apply from Senegal (your place of residence) and Nigeria (your country of citizenship).

Applying from Senegal with documents from Nigeria will not be accepted, or accepted and rejected, since the consular can't examine/verify applications/documents from nigeria. They speak French in Senegal for example.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I do have my consular card in Senegal, I don’t know if that’s good enough. I was hoping to make more enquiries when I get there.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Babe808: 2:28am On Apr 26, 2023
dennison4luv:

What he only need is resident permit.. his documents from Nigeria will be accepted. I will be applying from there too and I have helped some people with resident permits that makes them to applied there, so the documents from Nigeria is not an issue
Hi, Are you applying to Germany from Senegal for student visa also?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by AbiWealth(m): 9:10am On Apr 26, 2023
Hello,

Thanks to everyone providing valuable information on this thread. It’s been helpful.

I was recently awarded a German Government Scholarship. I would like to if I can apply for my visa in UK where I currently reside with my family or it’ll have to be in my home country.

Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Qatarost: 11:19am On Apr 26, 2023
sholape1500:
I just got my AD today
Booked 7/02/2022
Got a date for 19/05/23
Thank God

Congratulations!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daewoo2010: 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2023
Please a friend has his interview on Friday 28/04 and he hasn’t received his original sponsorship letter. Original letter is e route Nigeria from Germany. What would be his best option right now?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2023
daewoo2010:
Please a friend has his interview on Friday 28/04 and he hasn’t received his original sponsorship letter. Original letter is e route Nigeria from Germany. What would be his best option right now?
mail the embassy and ask for a reschedule
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mosesronnal(m): 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2023
AbiWealth:
Hello,

Thanks to everyone providing valuable information on this thread. It’s been helpful.

I was recently awarded a German Government Scholarship. I would like to if I can apply for my visa in UK where I currently reside with my family or it’ll have to be in my home country.

Thanks.

Hello,
Please what German Public fund did you apply for? And are you going for a Masters or Bachelors degree?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by AbiWealth(m): 2:41pm On Apr 26, 2023
mosesronnal:

Hello,
Please what German Public fund did you apply for? And are you going for a Masters or Bachelors degree?

I’m going for masters. It’s the DAAD
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2023
sholape1500:
I just got my AD today
Booked 7/02/2022
Got a date for 19/05/23
Thank God
good evening sir
Please can I send a Pm

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2023
Babe808:

Hi, Are you applying to Germany from Senegal for student visa also?

Yes I resides in Gambia and its the embassy in Dakar I will use
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2023
AbiWealth:
Hello,

Thanks.

If you have your resident permit in UK you can apply

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Alakeke01: 6:21pm On Apr 26, 2023
Hi everyone, pls Is there anyone here that applied april last year and have gotten an AD?...applied last year April...and also can my B2 Goethe certificate expire after 2 years?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2023
Please house is attestation de residence the same as resident permit in cotonou? Like can i use it for my visa interview?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by afisajao: 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2023
Yes I applied 11th April,2022 and yet to get AD.Still waiting patiently.
Alakeke01:
Hi everyone, pls Is there anyone here that applied april last year and have gotten an AD?...applied last year April...and also can my B2 Goethe certificate expire after 2 years?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Amy456: 11:13pm On Apr 26, 2023
Alakeke01:
your certificate is still valid

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Alakeke01: 1:08am On Apr 27, 2023
afisajao:
Yes I applied 11th April,2022 and yet to get AD.Still waiting patiently.
Can i send you a mail so we can exchange contacts
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Alakeke01: 1:13am On Apr 27, 2023
Amy456:
your certificate is still valid
Thanks!!

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by praiseovie(m): 7:44am On Apr 27, 2023
daviesblaze:
mail the embassy and ask for a reschedule

I dont think asking for a reschedule with the current problem in getting appointment dates is the best or rather fastest solution.
The first question is, do they no longer conduct Interview without the sponsor letter in hand. I know long ago, one could do the interview and still send the SL afterwards.
You guys can also contact the consulate to inquire the possibility of that.
In the next fews days, if there is anyone here applicable or who knows someone that has done Interview lately without the SL, Kindly also comment.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 9:02am On Apr 27, 2023
Please house is attestation de residence the same as resident permit in cotonou? Like can i use it for my visa interview?

Pls no answer to this?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by PeculiarVee: 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
Please house. What can the school do to help me. Is there a contact at the embassy I can share with them.

Please help me. Thank you

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 8:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
PeculiarVee:
Please house. What can the school do to help me. Is there a contact at the embassy I can share with them.

Please help me. Thank you

Your school can't influence embassy to give you appointment date because people have booked since last year and they are still waiting for appointment date.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Andycobra: 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2023
I too applied since April 11 2022, yet no invite

I mailed them and they said no date yet
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Andycobra: 11:34pm On Apr 27, 2023
Alakeke01:

Can i send you a mail so we can exchange contacts

Me too, I applied since April 2022
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 4:17am On Apr 28, 2023
Brytcool:
Hello,
I didn't apply through uniassit. The school has their own application system so it was pretty smooth for me. And all required documents were notarised, scanned and uploaded.

Good luck!
Good morning bro.
Please for certification of transcripts,waec certificate and degree certificate. Please what procedures follow ? I am about to book appointment for certification of all my documents.And how much does it cost?
Please your guidance will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 5:04am On Apr 28, 2023
iatethesun:
Hello everyone anyone studying in TU freiberg or planning on studying next year?, I need tips so that my application and admission will be successful, I have a German equivalent CGPA of 1.25 (4.67 CGPA Nigerian), I studied Mechanical Engineering in bachelor's, and I want to study Mechanical and process Engineering in Masters. Thank you for fast response
You are indeed great. You qualify for the best schools or even scholarships
Why not try apply for Erasmus scholarships? In that case you don't have to wait for a long time

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daewoo2010: 10:04am On Apr 28, 2023
Thanks for your input.
He didn’t reschedule, interview went well. He was asked to send the original copy within a month.

praiseovie:

I dont think asking for a reschedule with the current problem in getting appointment dates is the best or rather fastest solution.
The first question is, do they no longer conduct Interview without the sponsor letter in hand. I know long ago, one could do the interview and still send the SL afterwards.
You guys can also contact the consulate to inquire the possibility of that.
In the next fews days, if there is anyone here applicable or who knows someone that has done Interview lately without the SL, Kindly also comment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by John854: 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2023
Good day guys please any AD today?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ezemeiyogu(m): 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2023
daewoo2010:

Did they not scan it in Germany?

If they did or even snapped it, he should go and explain the situation to them.

I know about two persons who had the same issue but they were allowed to bring the SL later. They re both in Germany now.

...saw this post late though...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Alakeke01: 12:30am On Apr 29, 2023
Andycobra:

Me too, I applied since April 2022
Mine was even march 29 not april 🥺🥺
My ig is hairsbydoyin so we can exchange contacts to keep up

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: kingebere(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.