Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,779 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1116378 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 24, 2023
mosesronnal:

God is great indeed.
Congratulations once more.

But please if I may ask, is it possible to just submit the travel insurance as well and also leave your passport with them on the day of interview?

They usually return passport during the interview. The insurance (both medical & travel) depends on if you have them there with you or not. For me, I used Fintiba plus, (Mavista to be exact), that comes with everything including the both type of insurances. If you used fintiba plus to do your blocked funds, you can submit it immediately together with your documents during the interview.

If not you will be asked to submit it later together with your passport.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 24, 2023
Tsesi:
Hi everyone, thanks for taking time to answer our questions đź‘Ť.I have a masters admission to uni Hamburg for 1st October and plan on using a sponsorship letter. Am in category B and had booked appointment mid last year.
D question is should I
1. deferre my admission to next year summer
or winter semester or
2. Pay for enrollment and take academic leave
or something like that
3. Take online classes if available
Pending when am called for visa
appointment.
Also can my sponsorship letter given this year be used for next year summer or winter semester in d case I don't get appointment this year
Did you have an admission letter when you booked for appointment?or you were yet to get Admission?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 9:12am On Jun 24, 2023
Beress:
Pls I need your view on this

For someone who got a PhD scholarship from a research group in Bielefeld, should he book his appointment in Lagos or Abuja considering the clause that those that got scholarship can book appointment in Abuja. The person resides in the south

Abuja could be great. A friend did his at Abuja.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sunkeyz12(m): 10:10am On Jun 24, 2023
Hello house, please I need someone to attend to my question...

My passport will expire by November. Is it advisable that I book for appointment now or I have to renew my passport before I can book for appointment? I have my admission letter with me already.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Echinoe: 11:32am On Jun 24, 2023
Wow! Some pretty tough and tricky questions. Most of the questions were related to your chosen field/course of study.

Thanks very much for sharing your interview transcript. I think those of us still waiting for an appointment definitely need more of this to better prepare.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tsesi: 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2023
CuriousStudent:

Did you have an admission letter when you booked for appointment?or you were yet to get Admission?

I booked for d appointment last year June and I did not get any admission then. I only got one this year
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Beress(m): 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
MrAAA2:

Abuja could be great. A friend did his at Abuja.
Pls did he reside in the south and got scholarship too?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Imustreturn(m): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
Guys please what's the best and affordable university to apply for masters or postgraduate studies?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Imustreturn(m): 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
Kennie28:
yes it takes over 1yr and some months to get an appointment date
do you mean visa appointment for study?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Beress(m): 8:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
justt:

Well, not really.
The security guys were the ones trying to cause confusion. They said I must have the amount with me even if it will eventually be returned because I already told them I was on scholarship.

Actually, I tried to go with the amount but the lack of new notes couldn't allow. When they told me I must have the cash with me, I tried to get 30k from POS but the guys said he was going to deduct 10k as his charges!

I just went back to the Embassy to see how things would play out and fortunately, I was eventually allowed in. However, another guy who wasn't with the cash was turned back in my presence although I'm not sure what he was applying for and if he has any scholarship.

Are you also an AvH Fellow?

Since you got a scholarship... pls did you book your appointment in the Abuja office?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kennie28: 12:07am On Jun 25, 2023

They barely asked anything serious.

1. why are you coming to Germany to study the course you’re studying?
2. what is the full title of your course?
3 . You graduated with your first degree 6 years ago, why did you decide to do your master now instead of earlier?
4. you graduated with a 2.2 explain how you will finish this course with flying colors? (* to ans this I ended up printing and sending them my first semester results I was doing online in my Göttingen, to prove I was really doing well in class).

That was it

The rest were basic information about me and submitted documents.

hmmm how person go answer that number 4 if you don't have any evidence at hand
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 6:16am On Jun 25, 2023
Kennie28:
hmmm how person go answer that number 4 if you don't have any evidence at hand

Very easy, use Nigeria University strike on and strike off as a reason which affected many students academics performance.

Corona lockdown for those who were still in school 2020
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:22am On Jun 25, 2023
Beress:

Pls did he reside in the south and got scholarship too?

Really didn't know. From the south and lived up north.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:29am On Jun 25, 2023
Imustreturn:
Guys please what's the best and affordable university to apply for masters or postgraduate studies?

If you could use a Google search, that would render this info.
Public universities are tuition-free but you pay semester contribution fee between 150-500 Eur per semester.

Play around with Google, daad.de/en and uni-assist.de.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Luisema4luv(m): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2023
who have/is doing his or her interview in ivory coast?.......i need 1 or 2 infos please
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CamelCase: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2023
Guys please..
How does Germany go with POF.
Is the block account thing real..

Someone pls help me explain how it works with proof of finance for Germany
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chinemelum1: 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
CamelCase:
Guys please..

Very real oooo.if you don't have it,you are going nowhere.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chinemelum1: 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
Chinemelum1:

Very real oooo.if you don't have it,you are going nowhere.
You must open a bank account with either fintiba or expatrio and fund it with total of €11417 Euros.They will send you a document which is POF for the Embassy

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
princejck:

Very easy, use Nigeria University strike on and strike off as a reason which affected many students academics performance.

Corona lockdown for those who were still in school 2020

So there is a general rule for lowered performance of students/graduates pre and post COVID-19?
People should be encouraged to learn how to answer personal questions.
There's no a single rule for all.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 1:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
CamelCase:
Guys please..

Did you type this question on Google or ChatGPT before even coming here?

I see no curiosity in the minds of some members here and it is sad, especially for persons who wants to study abroad. Then we thing of negative profile when being queried by Consular authorities.

Threads like this are sometimes policed by Consular officers.

I understand the challenges, but as young persons and students/graduates, we should be markers of curiosity and self fact finders.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 2:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
MrAAA2:

Did you type this question on Google or ChatGPT before even coming here?

I see no curiosity in the minds of some members here and it is sad, especially for persons who wants to study abroad. Then we thing of negative profile when being queried by Consular authorities.

Threads like this are sometimes policed by Consular officers.

I understand the challenges, but as young persons and students/graduates, we should be markers of curiosity and self fact finders.

Most people do use google or whatever means to get their information and even that some still need explanations from those who have passed through the processes base on their experience. As we say auf Deutsch „sicher ist sicher“
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by vampire2020: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2023
Montenate:

Please can anyone confirm if the letter of sponsorship required should be original or if a copy would suffice for the interview
original
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kizzygentle: 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2023

They usually return passport during the interview. The insurance (both medical & travel) depends on if you have them there with you or not. For me, I used Fintiba plus, (Mavista to be exact), that comes with everything including the both type of insurances. If you used fintiba plus to do your blocked funds, you can submit it immediately together with your documents during the interview.

If not you will be asked to submit it later together with your passport.
Please i want to dm you. Very important
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kizzygentle: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2023
Tsesi:
Hi everyone, thanks for taking time to answer our questions đź‘Ť.I have a masters admission to uni Hamburg for 1st October and plan on using a sponsorship letter. Am in category B and had booked appointment mid last year.
D question is should I
1. deferre my admission to next year summer
or winter semester or
2. Pay for enrollment and take academic leave
or something like that
3. Take online classes if available
Pending when am called for visa
appointment.
Also can my sponsorship letter given this year be used for next year summer or winter semester in d case I don't get appointment this year
Please can I dm you or dm me.. 09021791413. Please..
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kizzygentle: 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2023
Guyzzzzzz my Visa is here.
So excited.

Application day - 22/1/2022
Invitation for interview - 17/3/2023
Interview Day - 3/4/2023
Submitted my proof of funds late - 3/5/2023
Stamped passport - 21/6/2023
Received passport - 23/6/2022

*never got any approval mail or mail asking for more documents. Just got a call from DHL to pick up my passport at my gate.

This journey has taught me patience and faith in God in the highest order. Please don’t loose hope, put your faith in God. It will be your time soon.
Congrats bro... Did u send them another mail for reminder of the interview date.. Please can u dm me... I need to ask 1 or two questions about the proof of funds. 09021791413
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:04pm On Jun 25, 2023
princejck:

Most people do use google or whatever means to get their information and even that some still need explanations from those who have passed through the processes base on their experience. As we say auf Deutsch „sicher ist sicher“

Of course we all do ask questions and I do ask a lot too. That is the essence of this thread and Internet.

Information you find by yourself are more dear to you, you could understand fundamentals better. In more complicated issues or for clarity case, others can help.

I admonish people to seek for preliminary information independently, from there, they can be part of their own journey.

Generally, if you wish to travel to any country on any visa, especially on study visa, please always visit the country's embassy website for clear info and other online sources. Then, you can ask specific questions.

We have had people coming here and ask 'what is the best university for master degree in Germany?'.

We can do better and let's up our games and show that we have genuine inquisitive spirits.

For the question @Camelcase
POF is real like Madrid. It can be only be demonstrated in 2 ways:
1. Blocked account in a bank account in Germany up to 11,500 (including the bank German bank charges). This locked money will be available to you at a rate of about 940 Eur per month for 1 year AFTER you ARRIVE Germany.

2. A Declaration of Commitment certificate (colloquially called Sponsorship Letter/SL) where a person living in Germany can apy to his/her local government/city that s/he knows you and is capable and willing to fund your cost of sustenance in Germany for at least 1 year. This person is usually a relative or close person, not receiving any social benefits from the German government, have enough money (about 950 Eur per month) to spare after all his/her expenses are paid. When this person applies for this certificate in Germany,there will be verifications of this person's capabilities, if positive, s/he will receive a certificate declaring that s/he will be supporting your stay during your stay in Germany for at least 1 year. That is the letter s/he will mail to you in Nigeria or wherever to submit along side other documents at the interview stage.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kizzygentle: 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
oguinedavid:

Booked last February 2022
Received - May 23
Did u send them another mail before recieving the the date in may?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Annie2059: 11:32pm On Jun 25, 2023
Pls can anything be done if I made a mistake in filling passport number while booking an appointment?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by LudaChriz(m): 12:02am On Jun 26, 2023
Quick one guys, can Leadway Travel insurance work for the insurance requirement? I intend doing health insurance when I get there as it will be covered by my funding agency.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by LudaChriz(m): 12:03am On Jun 26, 2023
Annie2059:
Pls can anything be done if I made a mistake in filling passport number while booking an appointment?
Why not start a fresh one using your correct passport number...you can get another email address if need be

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Annie2059: 12:32am On Jun 26, 2023
LudaChriz:

Why not start a fresh one using your correct passport number...you can get another email address if need be

Thanks, but I already sent an E-Mail to them and it was for two different appointments. Short term
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kizzygentle: 7:10am On Jun 26, 2023
Immacharles:
I applied for the AI masters program for DIT(deggendorf). I didn't see DS during the application. I guess DS is not available for the winter program, or am I wrong

Please is there a group chat for DIT students...

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.