Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1121957 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 4:49pm On Feb 19

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by adeniranfam(f): 4:49pm On Feb 19
MrAAA2:

That's incorrect. Your WAEC stands as University Entry Qualification (irrespective of your BSc), therefore would be required.

The DOB issue may not be looked into, but can't your NECO stand in? Otherwise, get a supporting document regarding the age issue on your WAEC.

Neco should work but my concern is that all the subjects are for art student and my degree is science. Do you think it can work applying with both certificate ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 5:35pm On Feb 19
adeniranfam:

Neco should work but my concern is that all the subjects are for art student and my degree is science. Do you think it can work applying with both certificate ?

Add both
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 5:37pm On Feb 19
Ademurfz:
Please house finally my AM has arrived. I need help on how to go about the proof of health insurance for three months.

If you're older than 30, visit Mawista health insurance website and follow the instructions.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by kingjoe(m): 7:05pm On Feb 19
Ademurfz:
I booked an appointment on November 21, 2023.
I received an email with the appointment date on November 24, 2023.
My appointment date initially was December 18, 2023, but their network saver was down, and I was rescheduled to December 21, 2023.

I was told the processing period for my research visa for my PhD will take 2 months.

I received the approval mail today to send proof of health insurance for three months.

congratulations.please give me link for scholarship for PhD in germany.i have msc in construction management
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ademurfz: 7:30pm On Feb 19
MrAAA2:

If you're older than 30, visit Mawista health insurance website and follow the instructions.

Thank you. I have gotten the travel insurance from AIICO.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ademurfz: 7:33pm On Feb 19
kingjoe:
congratulations.please give me link for scholarship for PhD in germany.i have msc in construction management

Thank you. They always advertise all the available PhD positions, it is just left to someone to find the related one to your field.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ademurfz: 7:34pm On Feb 19
kingjoe:

I got my offer from X app when the PI advertised the PhD opening in her lab.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TheDreamChaser: 7:35pm On Feb 19
Hi,

Is there anyone travelling down to Germany this week or next? Please send me a dm if you are
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:27pm On Feb 19
Ademurfz:

Thank you. I have gotten the travel insurance from AIICO.

Okay cool.
Is it a travel insurance that was requested?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kennie28: 4:33am On Feb 20
Kennie28:
Please this is urgent please someone should help me with a sample of letter of motivation. Please how do you write a research proposal for admission into Msc when you haven't even started the course
please someone should help me out with this is urgent
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ademurfz: 4:36am On Feb 20
MrAAA2:

Okay cool.
Is it a travel insurance that was requested?

Yes, they requested for travel health insurance.

I have initiated a membership process with TK Health Insurance. Just to finalize it when I get to Germany.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by kingjoe(m): 7:53am On Feb 20
Ademurfz:

I got my offer from X app when the PI advertised the PhD opening in her lab.
please explain the x app . around what period of the year do they advertise
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ademurfz: 7:59am On Feb 20
kingjoe:

No timeframe for individual doctoral opening. They advertised when they have fund for a particular project.

It really depends on your area of interest. You can actually search for example: PhD in Neuroscience fully-funded then you select latest. You are going to see any available openings advertised by the PI.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by adeniranfam(f): 9:23am On Feb 20
MrAAA2:

Add both
Thank you. Do you know how this scholarship work because i can't raise the funds for block account with tbis economy status
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by kingjoe(m): 10:28am On Feb 20
Ademurfz:

No timeframe for individual doctoral opening. They advertised when they have fund for a particular project.

It really depends on your area of interest. You can actually search for example: PhD in Neuroscience fully-funded then you select latest. You are going to see any available openings advertised by the PI.
ok thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 4:59pm On Feb 20
Ademurfz:

Yes, they requested for travel health insurance.

I have initiated a membership process with TK Health Insurance. Just to finalize it when I get to Germany.

While it is a good move with TK, if you're statutory insured, your family isn't going to be here (for now if you have), BUT if you are over 30, your funder won't be paying for your health insurance, and you don't have any underlying health challenges, finally not going to working (aside Teaching Assistantship , you might want to pick up a private health insurance.

TK will register you as a VOLUNTARY INSUREEE, their charges might be up to 220 Eur monthly.
Please discuss with your fellows, others and funding partners.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 5:03pm On Feb 20
adeniranfam:

Thank you. Do you know how this scholarship work because i can't raise the funds for block account with tbis economy status

How scholarship works?

Simple:
Find daad.de/en
University websites
PTDF
NNPC
NDDC (if from oil producing area)
Other numerous bodies.

Take time, hours, weeks, days, months to painstakingly search.

Considerations are usually:
1st class - second class upper
Good motivation letter and outstanding research proposals
Some scholarships are for Africans and developing economies

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 5:08pm On Feb 20
kingjoe:

PhD are usually not regular admissions.
You technically must have been offered a place by the principal investigator/researcher before applying to a university.

Visit universities websites, search for ongoing projects in the different departments and institutes, if any of them arouses your interest, send an unsolicited cover letter, proposal in relation to the field (a cold email).

Other ways include following researchers in your field of interest in LinkedIn, X. Visit alumni pages on these platforms, industries in these areas and other sources.

Some edu sites like PhD portals work too but chances are that, they're few or already filled spaces before advertising.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ademurfz: 6:26pm On Feb 20
MrAAA2:

While it is a good move with TK, if you're statutory insured, your family isn't going to be here (for now if you have), BUT if you are over 30, your funder won't be paying for your health insurance, and you don't have any underlying health challenges, finally not going to working (aside Teaching Assistantship , you might want to pick up a private health insurance.

TK will register you as a VOLUNTARY INSUREEE, their charges might be up to 220 Eur monthly.
Please discuss with your fellows, others and funding partners.

Thank you so much. The HR clearly stated that I need statutory health insurance for my employment contract. That's why I register with TK out of other health insurance company.

I have an employment contract.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ohraykon: 8:40pm On Feb 20
Please guys over there, how are the jobs? I heard there's inflation and less jobs now. Abeg i no wan waste my money go Germany o.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Roushid: 8:46pm On Feb 20
Good day everyone,
My question is, I applied NOV 30, 2022 and my date will be around June, I emailed some public schools (PASSAU university and Facchoschule Sudwestfalen Hagen) because their admission date opens March 1st and they said IELTS is a compulsion for admission consideration in their school. They said I can apply for IELTS and upload proof I registered on Uniassist and submit IELTS result before Aug, 15th that they’ll treat my admissions like the rest so I’ll get admission letter before June most likely.

MY QUESTION IS?
I am waiting to apply on Uniassist March 5th and also register IELTS March 1st.
Is it advisable to do it this way or I should apply earlier on Uniassist?
NOTE: Admissions has not opened for these schools for winter session
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Immacharles: 9:59pm On Feb 20
What if those schools don't work out? Why limit yourself to just 2 schools? There are schools that don't require IELTS, with just Language proficiency from your university, you're good to go. You should have applied to schools before now, then defer to the recent semester just to be on a safe side.

Roushid:
Good day everyone,
My question is, I applied NOV 30, 2022 and my date will be around June, I emailed some public schools (PASSAU university and Facchoschule Sudwestfalen Hagen) because their admission date opens March 1st and they said IELTS is a compulsion for admission consideration in their school. They said I can apply for IELTS and upload proof I registered on Uniassist and submit IELTS result before Aug, 15th that they’ll treat my admissions like the rest so I’ll get admission letter before June most likely.

MY QUESTION IS?
I am waiting to apply on Uniassist March 5th and also register IELTS March 1st.
Is it advisable to do it this way or I should apply earlier on Uniassist?
NOTE: Admissions has not opened for these schools for winter session
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by stephie20(f): 3:47am On Feb 21
Hello everyone. This wasn't stated on the consulate's website so I thought I'd ask here if the CV and LOM I'll take to the embassy need to be in German
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 7:38am On Feb 21
stephie20:
Hello everyone. This wasn't stated on the consulate's website so I thought I'd ask here if the CV and LOM I'll take to the embassy need to be in German
In English please

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Iamlanky: 8:47am On Feb 21
Please guys i need your assistance
What’s the best bank for blocked account because the exchange rate i am currently seeing on fintiba is way high … about 30m for 11297 euro. I don’t know if they added the money for insurance which is stated free on the website. Please any suggestion on other banks ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by User321: 10:56am On Feb 21
Iamlanky:
What’s the best bank for blocked account because the exchange rate i am currently seeing on fintiba is way high … about 30m for 11297 euro. I don’t know if they added the money for insurance which is stated free on the website. Please any suggestion on other banks ?
will one be charged if upgraded to fintiba plus just to get the health insurance or is it totally free as stated
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Soraco57(m): 11:08am On Feb 21
Good morning, please I have have used my 6 months visa and have 2 years current valid UK visa and also a resident in an EU country, I have a fiancé in the UK on skilled visa who has travelled to UK since last April now I want to join her, how can I go to UK to join her as dependent, we are not married yet and am single , we have seen many times when I visited UK , can I get married to her in the UK or can I get married to her in Lithuania, or which way is the best as I don’t want to go Nigeria to get married for now to save costs, all information is welcomed, thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by stephie20(f): 3:11pm On Feb 21
Hannania:
In English please

Thank you <3
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tsesi: 4:40pm On Feb 21
Iamlanky:

I can't say which is best but to get euros u either use black market and lobby for the best rates, look for people who will buy naira for euros or contact ur bank concerning form A if you have time. Converting on Fintiba is a no no

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tsesi: 4:45pm On Feb 21
Kennie28:
Please this is urgent please someone should help me with a sample of letter of motivation. Please how do you write a research proposal for admission into Msc when you haven't even started the course

You can Google motivational letters and watch YouTube videos on how to go about it. For the research proposal try reaching out to ur past lecturers or PHd students to guide you or research online. Another way people do is to outsource the writing the motivational letter and research proposal, pay and get the best possibly and apply for scholarships/admission.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 4:51pm On Feb 21
Soraco57:
Good morning, please I have have used my 6 months visa and have 2 years current valid UK visa and also a resident in an EU country, I have a fiancé in the UK on skilled visa who has travelled to UK since last April now I want to join her, how can I go to UK to join her as dependent, we are not married yet and am single , we have seen many times when I visited UK , can I get married to her in the UK or can I get married to her in Lithuania, or which way is the best as I don’t want to go Nigeria to get married for now to save costs, all information is welcomed, thanks
You don't need to loud the wedding if you're not ready for the big occasion. If your parents agree(personal to you), just head down to a magistrate court and get married and process your visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (711) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.