Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1108032 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ezekhiel(m): 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2020
Honestly, if you are applying to master's and writing testas then you probably have enough cash. Testas is for bachelor's, the fact the embassy didn't state it doesn't make it untrue unless someone here have gotten an appointment date and have attended an interview using testas as the only means of qualification for category A for masters student.

Well, I have booked for appointment since 17th of November, 2019 category B and no response yet.

What will be will be. Just make sure you are not placing all your eggs in one basket, you may be devastated.

Viele danke.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2020
ezekhiel:
Honestly, if you are applying to master's and writing testas then you probably have enough cash. Testas is for bachelor's, the fact the embassy didn't state it doesn't make it untrue unless someone here have gotten an appointment date and have attended an interview using testas as the only means of qualification for category A for masters student.

Well, I have booked for appointment since 17th of November, 2019 category B and no response yet.

What will be will be. Just make sure you are not placing all your eggs in one basket, you may be devastated.

Viele danke.

Now is even the wrong time to travel, make everybody forget about Summer Semester and concentrate on Winter

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ezekhiel(m): 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2020
Why did you say it's the wrong time? Assuming there was AD.
princejck:

Now is even the wrong time to travel, make everybody forget about Summer Semester and concentrate on Winter
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by UmAnas: 3:04pm On Feb 27, 2020
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm about to ask a question that has popped up and has been answered but I can't for the life of me find it anymore. I just need a pointer in the right direction, please.

The fastest and most affordable way to send my certified documents to Germany.

Or is anyone sending to Erfurt between today and tomorrow?

Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kendocity4u: 3:17pm On Feb 27, 2020
UmAnas:
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm about to ask a question that has popped up and has been answered but I can't for the life of me find it anymore. I just need a pointer in the right direction, please.

The fastest and most affordable way to send my certified documents to Germany.

Or is anyone sending to Erfurt between today and tomorrow?

Thank you.
Use TNT......costs around 12,100 to 12,500 depending on your location.....it’s the cheapest you can get with a prompt delivery......Max of 4days at worst.........TNT is a subsidiary of Fedex so you can walk into any Fedex office and demand to use TNT to send your documents.........Cheers

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kendocity4u: 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2020
zubay:
Gud day all,
Please i need help. I am admitted into HTW Dresden for a masters in International Management. Classes start on 16th March, 2020. but i have till 15th April to resume at the school.
What do i need to do to get an appointment date

I have tried sending mail to student@lago.diplo.de sometime last week, but no response till date...tied sending another mail today but google keeps sending a failed response(see the error attached)

im getting frustrated as my agent made me fund my blocked account and spend money going to abuja for an appointment last week, only to be sent back to lagos.

wat do i do now, PLS HELPP....
Thanks

Seems this particular Email address has issues or undergoing maintenance because I got same error message when I mailed them......but the Embassy has 3 other Email address you can send messages to:

info@lago.diplo.de
info@lago.auswaertiges-amt.de
rk-visa12@lago.auswaertiges-amt.de

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by yusuftosin: 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2020
Please what's the best approach to file a successful Appeal?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2020
yusuftosin:
Please what's the best approach to file a successful Appeal?

What re u appealing for?

If it’s for visa

It’s best u use a lawyer....most successful appeal is using immigration lawyer from Germany

Good luck

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kpibeojo: 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2020
Please bro can u put me through on how u go about with the admission in Rhine-waal
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kpibeojo: 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2020
Italian042:
Hello everyone, please I just got my admission offer from Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences.
I have tried to fund my account through UBA but they seem not to understand what I mean.

Can anyone who have successfully funded a blocked account before up help out!
Please can you put me through in the admission process
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by obibanks: 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
House o, I've been off radar for a while and I'm just returning to this German matter. Please, I heard one has to book Appointment Date now for Winter sememster. Application hasn't even started for admission. Can someone please put me through?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by zubay: 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2020
Kendocity4u:

Seems this particular Email address has issues or undergoing maintenance because I got same error message when I mailed them......but the Embassy has 3 other Email address you can send messages to:

info@lago.diplo.de
info@lago.auswaertiges-amt.de
rk-visa12@lago.auswaertiges-amt.de
thanks for this feedback. I fall under category B. The program i was offered is not available in winter semester. This means i will start all over with uniassist, if unsuccessful now. God help us.. This Germany don dey tire me already.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by zubay: 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2020
obibanks:
House o, I've been off radar for a while and I'm just returning to this German matter. Please, I heard one has to book Appointment Date now for Winter sememster. Application hasn't even started for admission. Can someone please put me through?

its quite frustrating.... the most annoying part is that ur not even assured u will get a date by then. applied for this summer appointment since last year.. had to cancel and rebook.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by flowsneh: 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2020
Guys,

Is it possible to apply for German student visa if you start a program in another EU country or US and get their visa/residence permit?

Let's say you apply to Estonia or Lithuania and get their residence permit based on student visa, can you apply for German student visa from there without having to come back to Nigeria?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by zubay: 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2020
princejck:

You might not like what I’m about to say but it’s the reality.

You only have 15% chance of getting appointment for summersemester ( you should defer ur admission to Wintersemester, cancel ur appointment date and rebook with later date)

If you don’t fall into category A, take TestAs exam score 100 and above to qualify(easiest means)

You made a mistake by funding blocked account without appointment date, but it’s too late now

Fire your agent for misleading you

Your agent did absolutely nothing for you

Your appointment would likely been in Lagos if you don’t reside in ABJ

Wait patiently for your appointment in Winter.

bro wats the hope that i will even get appointment in Winter??
im wondering how the people who are getting dates are doing it oh. seriously!!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2020
zubay:

Bro I no be embassy ooo, only make predictions base on the way the situation is. Someone who applied for appointment for winter got AD
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by senitop(m): 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2020
Hello Guys,

Please can someone provide a short list of German schools currently accepting applications.

Preferably for courses related to Digital Marketing.

Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dipotol: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
princejck:

Bro I no be embassy ooo, only make predictions base on the way the situation is. Someone who applied for appointment for winter got AD

It's for phd admission though
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2020
dipotol:

It's for phd admission though

That I don’t know..it’s special case then.

March is already here, in 2 weeks Hochschule will start lectures, while Uni starts in April....i don’t see why anyone still think AD is coming for Summer, someone made a suggestion, seek admission for short program in another country and from there apply form German visa . all the millions most of u blocked in some account could be use to seek admission somewhere else. If even the situation changes only few students would be getting AD every year, making it look like a raffle draw process......

There’s no guarantee of getting visa after long waiting period.

You guys should think properly if is worth it waiting for almost a year to get a visa and some might wait for even longer

You waste money on application process
Blocked account
Transportation
Write TestAS ( that is if u even score 100 .... no be beans)
Hotel
Etc

Germany is sweet to study but there re other ways to achieve it, make unahh use Brian follow this matter, if not many people go cry

Most would say am talking this wey cuz am already here....I am fortunate to be half 9ja and half somewhere else, this AD problem don’t affect me and my family.

I feel for those who have potential to succeed and represent Africa in a good way....but held down cuz of this new AD policies

This is the way to go about it:

Get admission into German Uni and apply for AD. ....... then leave the process in motion while u seek admission in some other EU country anyone that comes first u take the opportunity, instead of waiting for German embassy hopelessly.

7 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ahzmond(m): 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
zubay:

I don't really know for cat B. however if you belong to cat A (priority cat) and you don't have a scholarship, try and book with nothing less than a space period of 4 or 5 months. I mean, if you book for AD today ensure that your start date is in next 4 or 5 months. That way you improve your chance of getting AD.

You can't book for AD in January with a start date of March or April (with a space period of less than 3 months) and expect the embassy to give you AD.

Judging from the present conditions, AD takes nothing less than 4 or 6 weeks sometimes even 2 months to come (I.e. if you don't have a scholarship). And when one gets AD, one has to wait for another 4 to 6 weeks to go for interview. After that Visa takes 4 (if you're lucky) to 6 weeks, and sometimes even 2 months to get issued. That's total of 5 months max.

We have to be smart about this. And like @princekck adviced if you are for summer semester without AD try and defer your admission to winter (if it's possible) and then rebook. i.e if you still meet the category A requirements. Don't fold your hands. I don't know the fate of cat B and but they can as well try.

And in few months time the consulate would make degree issued after 1st Jan. 2019 one of the perquisite for meeting Cat A. So guys act fast and smart. If better have a plan A,B,C. Hopefully ADs will roll out this winter.

just my 2 cents sha.

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mountainjulius: 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2020
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by collinso89: 7:12am On Feb 28, 2020
Please guys I need an urgent help...due to lack of AD I want to withdraw my blocked money from fintiba. Please anyone who has successfully withdrew from fintiba should guide me on how to go about it pls.. What are the processes How do I relate with the Embassy concerning it
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tellz: 8:12am On Feb 28, 2020
collinso89:
Please guys I need an urgent help...due to lack of AD I want to withdraw my blocked money from fintiba. Please anyone who has successfully withdrew from fintiba should guide me on how to go about it pls.. What are the processes How do I relate with the Embassy concerning it

Call the embassy on the phone or send an email explaining to them what you want to do they will direct u.

Is only issues relating to visa date that they don't respond to.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Alexanderyombo(m): 10:09am On Feb 28, 2020
Hello Nairaland gurus,

Does any one have a best link of any best public schools, that is affordable in Luxembourg....

Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by hillshark: 10:45am On Feb 28, 2020
Please I need useful advice on this matter. I came to Germany a year ago to start a masters program. I work alongside. But my main issue is about which possibilities and chances I have to make my fiancé get a visa to come join me here in Germany. I know about the family reunion visa, but I don’t know if it also applies to students who are working. I will appreciate useful response please.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 11:32am On Feb 28, 2020
hillshark:
Please I need useful advice on this matter. I came to Germany a year ago to start a masters program. I work alongside. But my main issue is about which possibilities and chances I have to make my fiancé get a visa to come join me here in Germany. I know about the family reunion visa, but I don’t know if it also applies to students who are working. I will appreciate useful response please.

Student re only allowed to work 20hr/week, that’s is not enough to convince the authorities that u can take care of u and ur fiancé.

If u re working more than 20hr/week u will loose ur student status.

So in ur case I don’t think u can bring ur fiancé unless for short visit.

If she’s ur family and you can provide external stable sources of income then u can use family reunions

At the moment she’s not ur family (sorry for that statement but u know what I mean)

people u can invite

Spouse
Minor child
Parent

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 11:46am On Feb 28, 2020
hillshark:

You should have done court wedding before you leave

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by UmAnas: 11:57am On Feb 28, 2020
I appreciate your help. I'll try it for the next one. I already travelled to Concord today to submit at Courier Plus.

Kendocity4u:

Use TNT......costs around 12,100 to 12,500 depending on your location.....it’s the cheapest you can get with a prompt delivery......Max of 4days at worst.........TNT is a subsidiary of Fedex so you can walk into any Fedex office and demand to use TNT to send your documents.........Cheers

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by aussielover: 12:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
Good day guys
Please I need advice as regards appointment booking
I have admission from a German university, I’m about to book for appointment now and I’m confused as to which category to book for
I had my Bsc before 2018 , Masters I just finished in 2019, is it okay if I book for category A ?
Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 12:58pm On Feb 28, 2020
aussielover:
Good day guys
Please I need advice as regards appointment booking
I have admission from a German university, I’m about to book for appointment now and I’m confused as to which category to book for
I had my Bsc before 2018 , Masters I just finished in 2019, is it okay if I book for category A ?
Thanks
what was d grade u graduated with? Summer or winter?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by UmAnas: 1:42pm On Feb 28, 2020
The issue was my portfolio. It didn’t pop up for me to upload the required file until I hit the submit button.

Good morning everyone,

Did any UniBremen applicant upload a German language certificate? The course I'm applying for is 100% English so I didn't upload a German language certificate; yet my application summary keeps coming back without "OK" for the records required part. And it's the only part left.

Please help.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by aussielover: 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
clintonsparkz:
what was d grade u graduated with? Summer or winter?
Graduated with a 2Nd class upper , winter admission

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: iatethesun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.