Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting (3309 Views)

''BRF'' -- For -- ''POWER'' : Nigeria On The March Again / Photo: Did Anyone Noticed This About The March 28 Presidential Election ? / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Becomrich11: 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2010
iweala understand how international system works.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by egift(m): 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2010
Becomrich}:

So are you saying atiku want to pick Soludo. If Soludo lost in anambra state , it means Atiku would loss again.

Even I think Iweala would be more politically useful to Atiku than soludo. since she is a woman.
why is atiku looking for an igbo vice president. the bulk of the vote is in yorubaland. And it means he has lost the election before it even start. Why do you think Buhari is only focus on the yorubas, because he knows igbos would not vote for northerners.

It is not that easy for northerners to get the igbo vote.

So Becomerich:
If you do anything and fail - you will never go near that category of events again in your life? Even when you know that you are better than those in that league? I actually believe you are smarter than that.

For your info: The challenges facing in Anambara was that he was over qualify for that post and the wish of "Ikemba" was for APGA to remain alive. And hope you remembered the irregularities with voters register too.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by egift(m): 4:30pm On Dec 04, 2010
2011 Elections is about:
- Chatting a course for Nigeria
- Accelerating the development in Nigeria
- Keeping the Nation together and secured
- In PDP it includes, ensuring Zoning goes around. Ndigbo in 2015.

Atiku is smarter, articulate, speed-dial events, assemble the best of Nigerians to bring these goals to reality.

If GEJ want to contest, he should move to another party where there is no Zoning - instead of lie and bribe his way through. (customary in BEAF's books)
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Alxmyr(m): 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2010
With this combination, I see pdp losing.
On a more serious note, it is naivety for Atiku to decide his vp now. Even if he win primary ticket, there will be lots of horse-trading, buying-in supports and negotiations. All influence that stood against him will be placated. And with the incumbent power, he will have need miracle to swim against the tide and do without the machine which makes him run back to the party. I think Soludo is just wasting his time discussing with him.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nsiman(m): 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2010
@ Mikeansy, if soludo was straight in discharging his duties do u think the sacked and haunted bank MDs will pass through the situation they are today?
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2010
Nsiman:

@ Mikeansy, if soludo was straight in discharging his duties do u think the sacked and haunted bank MDs will pass through the situation they are today?

Sorry is that how you define who is a successful CBN Governor and who is not? Honestly the poor education standards in Nigeria is clearly taking a toll on its citizens.

Please when in clear terms you demonstrate that the CBN monetary policies in 2008 is worse of than 2003, that the state of Banking in 2008 Nigeria is worse off than it was in 2003; untill then having a debate with you is ridiculous.

Some of you think the number of Bank CEOs locked up is a macro-economic index.

If Sanusi likes let him lock up all the Bank CEOs he could still be a failure if the economy does not move forward and if his reforms does not translate to more jobs, strong banks able to drive the economy and encourage local SMES.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Becomrich11: 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2010
egift , Soludo, it shows may be his people are against him , if he lost before. I dont know.

In the PDP primary, the yorubas have more vote than the igbos.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nsiman(m): 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2010
I can smell that this is a sectional thread just because Atiku, a US wanted man is eyeing picking a running mate from a section. Guys, u re are missing out, Atiku shld go to US and proof his innocence and convince his critics
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Boboribo: 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2010
See long it is taking BEAF to post the Warrant of Arrest on Atiku. Hope he's not designing a website?
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Faeb: 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2010
^
Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap dia!

[size=14pt]2011: IBB May Reconsider Consensus Deal[/size]
Written by Taiwo Adisa, Abuja
Saturday, 04 December 2010

Former military leader, General Ibrahim Babangida, is set to dump the zoning arrangement which led to the emergence of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar as consensus candidate of the Alhaji Adamu Ciroma led Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF) on November 22.

Indications emerged during the week that Babangida’s camp is unhappy with recent findings that some of the parties to the consensus arrangement actually went behind to influence the final verdict of the committee and public opinion generally.

A source said that the preponderance of evidence being turned into the Minna- based General is making him rethink his earlier declaration that he would abide by the verdict of the zoning committee.

IBB had declared two days after Atiku emerged the preferred candidate of the consensus committee that as a honourable man, he would abide by the decision of the committee.

But sources close to his camp said during the week that recent discoveries are shaking IBB’s belief in the perceived fairness of the Ciroma committee.

For instance, one of the parties to the consensus arrangement was said to have engineered negative newspaper publications against IBB all through the period the consensus arrangement was in the front burner. It was believed that the move was aimed at weakening public perception of IBB and ensure that he was defeated at the end of the day.

Besides, a source also said that some top IBB strategists are beginning to view the whole idea of a consensus arrangement as a trap the General fell into and that all of the aspirants would have been made to face the primaries, where they can then back one candidate if none of them secures 50 per cent of the votes after the first ballot of the presidential primaries.

Other sources said that IBB’s men are of the view that the series of controversies surrounding Atiku seem to further weaken the base of the consensus aspirants.

The source said that further consultations are ongoing among top IBB strategists and the Minna General on the final step to take on this matter.

It was also gathered that some analysts in IBB’s camp are of the view that some controversies being thrown up around Atiku could provide President Jonathan the best opportunity to move against the former vice president so as to secure his seat.

A source said that the decision by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to  prosecute a former vice president of the United States of America has also added another dimension to the whole Atiku saga.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/front-page-articles/2678-2011-ibb-may-reconsider-consensus-deal.html

shocked
Damn! That plus being a wanted man! Damn!
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2010
Nsiman:

I can smell that this is a sectional thread just because Atiku, a US wanted man is eyeing picking a running mate from a section. Guys, u re are missing out, Atiku shld go to US and proof his innocence and convince his critics

Unfortunately the law does not work like that as we are all asumed innocent until proven guilty.

The onus is on you to prove that Atiku is guilty and that is done in a court of law.

Until then he remains an innocent man.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 04, 2010
Beaf is no longer doing the trick

He logs out and logs back in as Faeb.

shame on you.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nsiman(m): 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2010
@ egift, soludo was over qualified, abi? U guys knew that and wanted to take the CBN cash from him, abi? If u understand the working of nigerian politics u wld have known that Obi was for ikemba, so no penetration in ANGU in 2010,
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Faeb: 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2010
krendo:

Beaf is no longer doing the trick

He logs out and logs back in as Faeb.

shame on you.

O lets join in your crocodile tears! Beaf got hit by the spambot, then looked in the mirror and saw Faeb! grin

If you "consensus" guys know what is good, you will frantically wheel out the last deadwood, "Abubakar" Saraki!
IBB is about to sink all ya jaundiced boats.
I de laugh o!
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Alxmyr(m): 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2010
Lest I forget the PDM machinery is dead.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2010
Faeb:

O lets join in your crocodile tears! Beaf got hit by the spambot, then looked in the mirror and saw Faeb! grin

If you "consensus" guys know what is good, you will frantically wheel out the last deadwood, "Abubakar" Saraki!
IBB is about to sink all ya jaundiced boats.
I de laugh o!

If Jonathan knows what he is doing he will frantlically negotiate his safety under an Atiku Presidency and quit the race. because at this rate, when Jonathan looses there will be a probe of his administration. All the spending spree, all the bribery, all the corruption, and his complicity in absolving MEND during independence bomb blast in which some Nigerian security forces died.

With all these Jonathan is headed for jail after the elections.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2010
Alxmyr:

Lest I forget the PDM machinery is dead.

after the PDP primaries you will know how far!!!!
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nsiman(m): 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2010
@ krendo, advice ur man, Atiku to forget travelling to London and Dubai, let him go to US and prove us wrong. Is that not simple as A, B, C?
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2010
Nsiman:

@ krendo, advice your man, Atiku to forget travelling to London and Dubai, let him go to US and prove us wrong. Is that not simple as A, B, C?

He has no business proving you wrong.

If he has nothing to do in US at the moment he wont be there, if he does he will be there.

So you can make up and believe anything you like . . . . but the fact remains that no US Court has either convicted Atiku or issued a Warrant of arrest on him.

Someone earlier challenged you guys to produce his warrant of arrest or at least produce news links from credible news organisations like Reuters, BBC or CNN stating clearly that a warrant of arrest has been issued against Atiku by any country.

I will not hold my breadth on that one because you guys have nothing to show.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by egift(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2010
Nsiman:

@ krendo, advice your man, Atiku to forget travelling to London and Dubai, let him go to US and prove us wrong. Is that not simple as A, B, C?

Atiku is making GEJ boys to shake like people left in cold - Life is Good grin grin grin
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Faeb: 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2010
Nsiman:

The day he tries that, he will find himself on a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong holiday in an orange gown.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Boboribo: 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2010
I am not sure you can be declared wanted in the US and find the UK a safe haven. GEJ people try again
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by egift(m): 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2010
Atiku is not wanted anywhere. President GEJ and his desperado have run out of ideas - they are hoping repeating will make it stick.

Imagine the only reason they wants us support GEJ is that he is a lesser evil - hahahahah grin grin grin grin

Its better to be a king of hell than be in prison with hard labour in Haven - hahahahah grin grin grin grin
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nsiman(m): 6:11pm On Dec 04, 2010
Correction sir, i have no candidate yet, i don't jump to conclusions.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Faeb: 6:12pm On Dec 04, 2010
Atiku Campaign Organisation: For whatever reasons, the American authourities seem to have problem understanding that Atiku has his own money, which he transferred to the university and some of his interests in the US and other areas.

-Atiku Campaign Organisation

Oti o! shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Obiagu1(m): 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2010
Becomrich}:

egift , Soludo, it shows may be his people are against him , if he lost before. I dont know.
In the PDP primary, the yorubas have more vote than the igbos.

Don't comment on the politics of Anambra as you know nothing how we think. He lost because most people did not want to truncate the tenure of Peter Obi because he was doing well. Ikemba also played a role.

What everyone was saying was that Soludo should come back after Peter Obi's 8 yrs under APGA and take over. Anambra doesn't want to be ruled by PDP again but can vote for any other party at the national level.

Ikemba will formally declare for Atiku if he wins the primary and APGA backing the PDP.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by McKren(m): 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2010
Hope is on the horizon.

Atiku is credited for putting together OBJ's economic team. He will do it again as Commander-in-Chief
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by egift(m): 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2010
And GEJ is doing everything he can to beat Yar'Adua as Mr Go-Slow
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 04, 2010
The desperation to have one of their kinsmen as President come 2015 is driving a whole lot of folks crazy here.

The worst type of political thinking you could ever think of.

The political north is already getting to a dead end, but the SE is the last straw they want to cling to climb out of the pit.

I said it earlier when Jonathan was made the substantive President that the only people that will stand against him ruling beyond 2011 are his supposedly cousins (Igbos) and I was shouted down then, now it becoming clearer that I was right afterall.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2010
ilugunboy:

The desperation to have one of their kinsmen as President come 2015 is driving a whole lot of folks crazy here.

The worst type of political thinking you could ever think of.

The political north is already getting to a dead end, but the SE is the last straw they want to cling to climb out of the pit.

I said it earlier when Jonathan was made the substantive President that the only people that will stand against him ruling beyond 2011 are his supposedly cousins (Igbos) and I was shouted down then, now it becoming clearer that I was right afterall.

May be a good start will be a demonstration that Jonathan was the best.

Jonathan has had 10 months to audition for the job and has done nothing but confirm the doubts in the minds of Nigerians that he is not up to the job.

The election was always his to loose and from all indications Jonathan is loosing it fast because he has not demonstrated the traits of a real leader.

The South East will not support Jonathan for the sake of it, he needed to earn it. Just like their will be no guarantee that whoever becomes Atiku's VP will become President in 2015 should Atiku emerge as President now.

Jonathan from all indication has failed to comand confidence and there is no need playing the tribal card here. Nobody will bully anyone else with talks about ethnicity when Jonathan has all the resources to lead successfully but failed to lead.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 5:16am On Dec 05, 2010
May be a good start will be a demonstration that Jonathan was the best.

Jonathan has had 10 months to audition for the job and has done nothing but confirm the doubts in the minds of Nigerians that he is not up to the job.

The election was always his to loose and from all indications Jonathan is loosing it fast because he has not demonstrated the traits of a real leader.

The South East will not support Jonathan for the sake of it, he needed to earn it. Just like their will be no guarantee that whoever becomes Atiku's VP will become President in 2015 should Atiku emerge as President now.

Jonathan from all indication has failed to comand confidence and there is no need playing the tribal card here. Nobody will bully anyone else with talks about ethnicity when Jonathan has all the resources to lead successfully but failed to lead.

Of course, its very easy to understand where you are coming, it is a small trick that have worked over the years to hoodwink those that cannot discern; give a dog a bad name to hang it. All you've said above is just your way of trying to justify why you will never support Jonathan.

In as much as I agree to your right to make choice that suit you, don't come here trying to fool people of your reason for making that choice, you've always been a closet supporter of the North producing the next president simply because you believe in the promise of an Igbo presidency come 2015 - the same reason by a very large percentage of Ndigbo who are rooting for the northerners, but the good news is that majority of Igbos dont believe such idiotic promise.
Re: P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 05, 2010
ilugunboy:

Of course, its very easy to understand where you are coming, it is a small trick that have worked over the years to hoodwink those that cannot discern; give a dog a bad name to hang it. All you've said above is just your way of trying to justify why you will never support Jonathan.

In as much as I agree to your right to make choice that suit you, don't come here trying to fool people of your reason for making that choice, you've always been a closet supporter of the North producing the next president simply because you believe in the promise of an Igbo presidency come 2015 - the same reason by a very large percentage of Ndigbo who are rooting for the northerners, but the good news is that majority of Igbos dont believe such idiotic promise.

I make no appologies for not supporting Jonathan because he is simply not up to the job. In your response you don't even bother to argue that he is and yet you think it makes sense to support a man clearly not up to the job simply for ethnic reasons. With a behaviour like that you have lost all moral right to accuse anybody that their opinnion or choice of candidate is driven by tribalism.

Some of you forget that while the likes of Donald Duke, Pat utomi and Rochas Okorocha were busy running for President in 2007. Jonathan secretely kept quiet, funded 3rd term, when 3rd term did not work he was rewarded with the office of VP while others were clamouring for power to remain in the South.

For some curious reasons now Jonathan is at the center of it all and now anybody who does not support him must be immoral and mad. The question is, if Jonathan was not the incumbent through PDP ridiculous choices of candidates will anybody be talking about him as a Presidential candidate? the answer is a big NO.

Not everything is about 2015 you know?
The future of this country between 2011 and 2015 is as important.

Jonathan has not demonstrated that he is the man  for the job. So get used to it.

Jonathan will loose because he is not up to the job and at the 11th how the Political class in this country will all jump ship starting from the South East. A blind man simply can not lead those who see, Jonathan just has not got it. That is the fact.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome / Abacha's Rare Interview 1997 / Forbes Releases World's Most Powerful List, Puts Putin Ahead Of Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.