Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) (95100 Views)

U.S Nuclear Bomb Damaged In An Accident At Dutch Air Base (Photos) / New Video Shows Ukrainian Plane Struck By Two Iranian Missiles / US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
IpobAntidote:

Obviously you don't understand the thinking of the Iranians. They will their revenge and then some more sooner or later.
Americans are shitting in their pants too, the average American is scared shitless of the Iranian REAL response that they know will come in one day sooner or later. Trump is the saving face by not hitting them back. Have you ever heard of any one openly accepting that they deliberately hit American base before?

The Iranians knows that they can't fight the US in open warfare, hence they will use other tactics. In the long run, America has more to lose. Just stay tuned and watch over the years as this plays out.

Bah. You give them too much credit. I have observed Iran over the years and I have realised that their much vaunted strength is all a farce. They lie, pretend, blow hot air and put on a show of strength, but it's all bluff. As soon as their bluff is called, they make some face saving geature then retreat...ALWAYS. Look for example at the way Israelis have been bombing their assets in Syria over the past 10 years. They have not once retaliated. When Israel blew up their ally; Hezbollah's second-in- command, Mughniyeh; they promised a thunderous response to Israel. Ten years later, we are still waiting for the thunder. Iran is good at behind the scenes stabbings in the back and using their proxies like disposable rags; look how they tried to hide behind the Houthis in their attack on Saudi Aramco; but they will never attack the US while someone like Trump is there; if it can be traced back to them. If Trump wins a second term, the combination of sanctions and periodic shameful geopolitical and senior manpower losses like this one will eventually drive the regime out.

1 Like

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Walkingkilo(m): 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
DTalented:
What are these two countries waiting for na? Let the war start already. We Nigerians are ready for the war.

With this catapult?

2 Likes

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Ewedegubbler: 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Too bad
I do not support America on this one
Soleimani was supposed to meet with irag prime minister in Baghdad to discuss about security and peace talks
Trump should apologize
Killing a government official of a sovereign nation just because you have intelligent report that he is aiding terrorists is bad. Another country top commander for that matter! America dey craze o
Them just dey form power
Although them go defeat Iran if them really fight but i can bet my balls Iran go bloody America small even Americans nor go see body take celebrate thier own Victory

For this life no body be superman

That was how Saddam Hussein was accused of having enough arsenal
Till today no evidence

And moreover if this fight start other countries go take advantage take find trouble or bring back quarrel when dey ground between them and neighbouring country
Especially Pakistan Vs India
Even self Nigerians go even dey pray make the thing spread well make them see opportunity take throw bomb give our noisy neighbor called Ghana followed by South Africa

The rants of a MURIC lunatic

1 Like

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by tityboi: 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
No casualties I consider them weirdos
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by TechSpace02: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
smiley
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Nthrone(m): 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Too bad
Soleimani was supposed to meet with irag prime minister in Baghdad to discuss about security and peace talks
Trump should apologize
Killing a government official of a sovereign nation just because you have intelligent report that he is aiding terrorists is bad. Another country top commander for that matter! America dey craze o
Them just dey form power
Although them go defeat Iran if them really fight but i can bet my balls Iran go bloody America small even Americans nor go see body take celebrate thier own Victory

Till today no evidence

And moreover if this fight start other countries go take advantage take find trouble or bring back quarrel when dey ground between them and neighbouring country
Even self Nigerians go even dey pray make the thing spread well make them see opportunity take throw bomb give our noisy neighbor called Ghana followed by South Africa

Them no go bloody America at all, American weaponry don bad. Fear Yankee. Iran is wise, they knew going to war with US is Suicide, US will distablize the country like they did to Libya and Iraq, making them never to stand again.

1 Like

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Befii: 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
Casualties or not, the missile strike was a clear demonstration of strength, Iran for the record is the only country since world war II that has been able to strike US bases and admit responsibility without America being able to do a thing. It is a slap in the face of America. The missiles destroyed American military equipment. That is enough to disgrace a superpower. Use ur head!

3 Likes

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Kamoryemi2580(m): 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
seriously,, most nairalanders see this whole war game between Iran and US as a war between Muslim and Christian,, are you people okay at all

2 Likes

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by DECLAN2015(m): 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Too bad
Trump should apologize
Them just dey form power

Till today no evidence

The man is a chief terrorist
He deserved what he got

1 Like

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by mynd1(f): 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Behind closed doors, Iran is probably thanking Trump for the opportunity of being provided with this public show. In reality, they were shitting their pants; still are; but just had to do something to show for all their empty boasting. Iran will be verrrry careful from now on; at least until Trump leaves power; you just watch.
Another Ipod American - Aba journalist. keep talking trash ok?
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
thundafire:
Dey systematically targeted area with no US personnel to show El zakzaky dat Iran no push overs
Fearing Iranian wrath, US have secretly evacuated the Iraq
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by babzo(m): 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
RaptorX:
So the assassination of the Iranian general that was acting too and the guy is still alive undecided

Of course not. Unfortunate casualty of politics
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Righteousness89(m): 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
[s]
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Too bad
Trump should apologize
Them just dey form power

Till today no evidence

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Mftivi: 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
daddytime:
Iran has sent a message to the US and it's allies that their missiles can evade the US "interceptors" system after all, and this should call for worry from all involved.

This is a huge statement.

Modified...

I see some kids who just started following world politics since Trump, quoting me... grin

While I'm not in support of Iran and their shenanigans, I just can't understand what people who are mostly ignorant, are masturbating about and would believe this is a battle between Christianity and Islam, or good and bad.

If you are one of those who think this is a war of Good vs. Evil and not some old age long bully cum supremacy battle then you need to read up some more, listen to more intellectuals speak, and be quiet while at it.

I was telling someone yesterday that Trump has set a very very bad precedent of assassinating a sovereign nation's Rep. Military/Civilian in a non-war situation and that with time, this will become a norm and guess who'd be crying terrorists by then?

The person I was having this discussion with had already gone all sentimental and cussing as if we were both Iranian and American respectively. To him, Trump was God sent to wipe out the useless Iran who do not want Christians to live, and are seeking to obliterate Israel "God's own people" and by extension his own people because he is a Christian. Little did my guy know that a typical orthodox Jew doesn't see him (a black man) as a human being and would have no problems crucifying him to the stakes, just as they did Jesus, neither are the streets of Saudi (America's strongest ally in the region) littered with Churches.

If indeed America feels Iraq is oppressive or a threat to other religions/world, what is not oppressive in Saudi Arabia, a country that would lure a journalist citizen to it's embassy, murder him, and have his body chopped up based on orders from above.

People need to go back and read up on the Iranian revolution of the late '70s to see how the country was under the then leader 'Sha' before the revolution was backed to unseat him, welcome the present Islamic hardcores presently ruling the country.

In years to come, Saudi will have a taste of all they see and instigate their neighbors to go through. History never lies.

When Saddam was holding the Shites in Iraq to ransom and positioning Iran, he was the US best friend. But when they found a way to get him out of the way on trumped-up charges, they didn't remember Iran would be eyeing to take over one of their strongholds which is Iraq based on the shite population there.

Una never understand wet in dey happen jare

When I people think this is good vs bad I laugh.
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Softness147: 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Too bad
Trump should apologize
Them just dey form power

Till today no evidence

copy and paste in every topic of Iran and US.
get work bro

1 Like

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by MeKshow(m): 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
IRAN never experred this kind wahala
I Bet Their Imam Prophesied That 2020 will be a Year of Success and Thanksgiving grin
You r thinking out loud like a xtian... Ur pastors did the prophecy naa..
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Aburumah75: 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
babzo:
Guys all this thing na acting.
Putin and Trump be padi for jungle. Iran na Putin boys. All na to help themselves.
Dem wan blow base yet dem give 6 hours warning!
Dem bomb base, no casualty yet Iran TV dey talk say 80 Americans killed.
Dem bomb US base, Oga Trump talk say " All is well".

These people go use all of una do MLM.

Oga Trump need street cred for im voters.
Iran need street cred for dem people.
Putin just arrange all.

correct guy. most sensible comment ever

1 Like

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by optimistfeel(m): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
God should save us oooo
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Laurene: 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
Huawei101:
US would not report casualties if there is even any.
why won't they? USA reported casualties in their embassy.
Even CNN wouldn't hesitate to report it to spite trump

1 Like

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Laurene: 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
MrCurious:

Thank you jare.
Just to save face and cowardly avert the war escalation.
so USA now fears Iran more?
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Psoul(m): 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
MrCurious:

Lol, one of america’s imperialist backers and ass lickers spotted cheesy

You believe in those shitty assessments USA is giving out on casualties?
A military base was rekt by more than a dozen missiles at exactly 1.20 AM local Middle eastern time, and you expect no one dead or hurt. Mr man, I don’t know what you’re smoking but hey, you need to quit it. grin
And if i may ask, how is Iran a terrorist country? Or can you term Nigeria a terrorist nation because of boko haram sect?
Maybe you need to reenroll for history and government classes.

Are u done ranting?

Now listen to me.
US said no American died and you are here jumping up that it is a lie. Are u a war journalist?
Now tell us how many ppl dat died since u knows better.
You seem to be one of the terrorists.
Better repent or American bullets will locate you.
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Psoul(m): 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
Truth370:

You're a joke if you think this is actually revenge, or Iran won't Avenge suluemani's death . Muslims don't forgive or forget easily. Don't be surprised a Iranian boy of 10yrs will carry out his on revenge when he's an Adult. Suliemani was seen as a Myth. I pity the innocent people that'll pay for the foolishness of Trump in the future, looking at the Funeral of the man will scare you. Even America citizens are scared only the top officials with security are relaxed.

Oga don't worry ur head over that.
When that 10yrs old boy will become and adult, take up arms, become a terrorist to revenge the murder of his terrorist father. there will be another Trump waiting to trump him down like others.
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Horus(m): 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ1DmqXFFA0

Images show chaos on US base as Iranian missiles explode
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Laurene: 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Huawei101:

They would cover up the mess and won't want to show the world their weakness , they would never let the press cover that.

The war in Afghanistan were slot of soldiers were killed and burnt alive was never shown it was an undercover documentary which some press did and i watch how American soldiers were killed like chicken. I bet the US knows how to play politics when it comes to war.
OK, I think USA should find other means to punish Iran, like sanctions. Iran should let sleeping dogs lie to discontinue escalations they have suffered enough already. The USA is trying to lure them to war.
I'm glad there's an agreement to stand down.
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Razmuhy: 6:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
[/color]
daddytime:
Iran has sent a message to the US and it's allies that their missiles can evade the US "interceptors" system after all, and this should call for worry from all involved.

This is a huge statement.

Modified...

I see some kids who just started following world politics since Trump, quoting me... grin

While I'm not in support of Iran and their shenanigans, I just can't understand what people who are mostly ignorant, are masturbating about and would believe this is a battle between Christianity and Islam, or good and bad.

If you are one of those who think this is a war of Good vs. Evil and not some old age long bully cum supremacy battle then you need to read up some more, listen to more intellectuals speak, and be quiet while at it.

I was telling someone yesterday that Trump has set a very very bad precedent of assassinating a sovereign nation's Rep. Military/Civilian in a non-war situation and that with time, this will become a norm and guess who'd be crying terrorists by then?

The person I was having this discussion with had already gone all sentimental and cussing as if we were both Iranian and American respectively. To him, Trump was God sent to wipe out the useless Iran who do not want Christians to live, and are seeking to obliterate Israel "God's own people" and by extension his own people because he is a Christian. Little did my guy know that a typical orthodox Jew doesn't see him (a black man) as a human being and would have no problems crucifying him to the stakes, just as they did Jesus, neither are the streets of Saudi (America's strongest ally in the region) littered with Churches.

If indeed America feels Iraq is oppressive or a threat to other religions/world, what is not oppressive in Saudi Arabia, a country that would lure a journalist citizen to it's embassy, murder him, and have his body chopped up based on orders from above.

People need to go back and read up on the Iranian revolution of the late '70s to see how the country was under the then leader 'Sha' before the revolution was backed to unseat him, welcome the present Islamic hardcores presently ruling the country.

In years to come, Saudi will have a taste of all they see and instigate their neighbors to go through. History never lies.

When Saddam was holding the Shites in Iraq to ransom and positioning Iran, he was the US best friend. But when they found a way to get him out of the way on trumped-up charges, they didn't remember Iran would be eyeing to take over one of their strongholds which is Iraq based on the shite population there.

Una never understand wet in dey happen jare

Wa Gbayi...
A lot of people do not know anything about world politics and who the aggressors really are...
I said it, the US has set a really bad precedence with this attack. Really, this is not always about who the Good guys and bad guys are, which is relative depending on perspective. It's all about vested interests.

It is always fun and games until shit happens to you[color=#000099]
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by eclint(m): 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
eTECTIV:
Over 22 ballistic missiles, 5 impact points... Where d remaining missiles hit
They returned to Iran
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by mu2sa2: 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
tsdarkside:

i heared american soldiers were killed in the attack too....
but america is denying it....

i dont know....
maybe its just rumours....

can you imagine somebody could throw things at america a decade ago and get away with it....??
i dont think soo....

this only tells me,iran is ready for total war....
american soldiers are soo stretched thin....

eastern europe,conflict....asia conflict....
and when iran start going weyrey in that area,then await the global economies to have issues....

and when any of them start trowing nuclear bombs,then good night....
People forget that most Iranians are Shiites. Shiites have this persecution complex and regard American action as a continuation of the centuries of injustice against the shiites. To them, any attack on Iran is attack on Shiism and their response is to resolve to die if need be to defend their faith. That's why when Trump was issuing threats to scare them, they never cared a hoot and went ahead to strike back. Iranians have been building up their defence capabilities for decades that today they can't be toyed with. They vowed to swiftly retaliate against US and they did. Trump's threats turned out to be empty. Those shiites, very strongheaded!
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Atari28(m): 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
eTECTIV:
Over 22 ballistic missiles, 5 impact points... Where d remaining missiles hit
LOL.. This one mad oo grin grin
Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by Atari28(m): 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
Psoul:

Evade the US Air defence at where?
Let me tell you. Iran is a joke.
Fired 15 ballistic missiles and none hit American targets at Iraq and you are here praising the failure of that mouthy terrorist country.

They may have even negotiated with America to just allow them to fire those missiles without hitting any of their targets so that it won't be that just making empty threat.

They will be like:

Iran to America: Guy you know say if we make this mouth and we no come do anything again, shame no go let us talk for public again. Abeg America my Oga, make u allow us fire some of our missile for that una base wey dey for Iraq. We no go fire am to damage una major property.

America to Iran: Hahahahahaha...this boys una funny oo. Well, shaa we go help una save una ego this last time. Fire the missile, after all that base no dey us too important like dat for now. But see oooo, anything wey una yeye missile come damage, na una go repair am. You hear me so?

Iran: Yes Sir......(Jubilation followed)
Lols. This one weak me ah swear grin

1 Like

Re: Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) by dederocs(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
Not a very successful strike, going by the images, better luck next time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Russian Warship 'aggressively Approached' US Destroyer In Arabian Sea / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See / Japan: Man Spends Over $20,000 To Transform Into 'human Dog', Takes First Walk.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.