Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF (66144 Views)

Super Eagles: Why I Turned Down Advice From NFF Officials – Rohr / Rohr Makes Fresh Demands From NFF / Fresh! $40,000 Disappears From NFF Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by toprealman: 9:02am On Jan 10, 2020
If it was an event hosted by the deceased, say wedding for instance, I'm sure that prick called NFF president must surely attend regardless of the location.
People tag along only when there is freebies.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Nwaonyishi69: 9:04am On Jan 10, 2020
Can one say a nation is foolish?
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by CreekCommando: 9:11am On Jan 10, 2020
If some regions are treated better in Nigeria, which region is that, please?
Because I've lived or traveled to about 30 states in Nigeria and can't find a state whose citizens are cared for like the common Chinese. I have not seen a state run like our nearest Cape town in South Africa. You Nigerians are brainless, period!
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:
because dead people are so concerned about who shows up for their funeral.... undecided

The most striking thing here is

"Not even a former team mate...."

What kind of relationship did he have with his former colleagues that none of them could make themselves available? If you were a President in any Union and no one from the Union, not even those who served with you could show up at your funeral, then something must have gone terribly wrong.

Finally , someone who reasons like me.

Go girl! You may be in the minority but keep on to your beliefs.
I'm very much used to being the lone voice of dissent.
X
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by nairalee(m): 9:12am On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:

NFF is not a Union. NFF is a body like NCC, they regulate football in Nigeria, they don't regulate footballers. This is like expecting National Civil Service Commission to send a representative if a retired Civil Servant dies

There is a Players Union, they are the ones that should have organised something for their guy, but they didn't. Not everytime NFF, what did the Union do?

You're right. Let me just say they it's not a right but a privilege that should have been extended. This stuff costs nothing. Other countries do it and it puts them in a better light. Everyone likes a sense of belonging. I can only imagine how the family of the bereaved will feel right now.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Tonyferrad(m): 9:13am On Jan 10, 2020
Lol nawa for NFF, pinnick using their money to attend all the comedy nd music shows in the country
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by mathematicsmike(m): 9:14am On Jan 10, 2020
RIP
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 10, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
lol grin
we are Nigerians, other countries see us as one people

Not really, American blks can tell Igbos from Yorubas. Igbos can pass as American blks but Yorubas cannot...Yorubas look very African.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by ayanbaba2(m): 9:16am On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:
nobody owes you anything in life.

Nobody owes you a 'hi' call

People have their own problems in life

Nobody owes you a check-up or show of concern

If you get it, fine, if not, fine

Stop expecting anything from human beings

I learnt this thing fifteen years ago and it has stuck with me.

Siaisia and all the other ex-footballers looking for pity, should know this by now. This is the world, this is human beings.

People don't owe you a thing. He wasn't doing charity work, and even charity workers get shunned

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by lucky4west: 9:23am On Jan 10, 2020
since there is no money to embezzle you wont see them there...
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by adams123: 9:24am On Jan 10, 2020
And none of his play mates also present??

2 Likes

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by GamalNasser: 9:35am On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:

Your personal opinion.

I am realistic, not ignorant.

Stop putting too much expectations on fallible humans. They are not God. Do your thing while alive, whatever happens at your death is not your business.

Word
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by purplekayc(m): 9:36am On Jan 10, 2020
Such a good player
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by lexy2014: 9:39am On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:
because dead people are so concerned about who shows up for their funeral.... undecided

The most striking thing here is

"Not even a former team mate...."

What kind of relationship did he have with his former colleagues that none of them could make themselves available? If you were a President in any Union and no one from the Union, not even those who served with you could show up at your funeral, then something must have gone terribly wrong.

What do u mean by "something must have gone terribly wrong"?
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by lexy2014: 9:40am On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:
nobody owes you anything in life.

Nobody owes you a 'hi' call

People have their own problems in life

Nobody owes you a check-up or show of concern

If you get it, fine, if not, fine

Stop expecting anything from human beings

I learnt this thing fifteen years ago and it has stuck with me.

Siaisia and all the other ex-footballers looking for pity, should know this by now. This is the world, this is human beings.

People don't owe you a thing. He wasn't doing charity work, and even charity workers get shunned

Is Siasia looking for pity?
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by optimistfeel(m): 9:40am On Jan 10, 2020
Rest on skippo ...........NFF is full of hypocrisies, to honour him with last respect is hard for them with all his diligence for Nigeria junior team..........
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 10, 2020
jjmekwa:
The funeral of Isaac Promise, the former Nigeria youth captain, took place in the south-eastern town of Umudim, Ohekelem, Imo State.

Promise, 31, died of a suspected heart attack in early October in the United States, according to American second-tier side Austin Bold.

Clad in black, the family gathered three months after his death to attend the burial ceremony.

Despite representing his country at all youth level, he was buried in a low-key ceremony with a no-show from top Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) officials.

"We sent out the programme in December, but there was no representative from the football community," a family member told us this, 

"Imagine a former captain of Nigeria and there was no NFF representatives among the audience, and not even a former teammate.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2020/01/09/isaac-promise-buried-with-no-representative-from-nff/

Buhari
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Rajiokazaki(m): 9:55am On Jan 10, 2020
ghettokid1:
Nigerians is the most ungrateful bunch of people i have ever seen,
Or is it because he is an igbo?
.......modified.......
The same way they treated Oshoala
....... what has ethnicity got to do with this?

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by ghettokid1(m): 9:57am On Jan 10, 2020
Rajiokazaki:
....... what has ethnicity got to do with this?
Modified na

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by greggng: 10:07am On Jan 10, 2020
boman2014:
Amaju Melvin Pinnick is the most useless NFF president I have ever seen

He prefers to organise warri now in Lagos ....when any player fails to show up , they regard him as arrogant ....a country that has no resoect for her citizen
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Clinghton: 10:20am On Jan 10, 2020
I don't think anyone should be surprised.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:27am On Jan 10, 2020
nairalee:

I'm not questioning his teammates but NFF. The NFF as a body owes him to send at least a representative. I'm surprised you're even arguing this. What's the purpose of being a union if not for solidarity, oneness and sense of belonging?
the nff in IMO State should have done that don't they have football federation in IMO on siasia case who told him to miss his email... did u ask what other players were engaged in... many of u lamenting how many civil servants and soldiers have been remembered or ina think na only footballers serve d country...

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Edun00700: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2020
Mhmmm
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Bewiseedet(m): 10:33am On Jan 10, 2020
nairalee:
Samson Siasia that's facing corruption charges begging for money all over radio stations said noone, not even players he brought to super eagles like Mikel has even called him to say hi.

Look at Christian Chukwu that was sick almost to death abandoned (If not for the timely intervention of Otedola)

That is why I will swear for anyone that asks a diaspora player to choose Nigeria over England.

wetin concern mikel and siasia?
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by bummyla(m): 10:34am On Jan 10, 2020
Rest In Peace!

jjmekwa:
The funeral of Isaac Promise, the former Nigeria youth captain, took place in the south-eastern town of Umudim, Ohekelem, Imo State.

Promise, 31, died of a suspected heart attack in early October in the United States, according to American second-tier side Austin Bold.

Clad in black, the family gathered three months after his death to attend the burial ceremony.

Despite representing his country at all youth level, he was buried in a low-key ceremony with a no-show from top Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) officials.

"We sent out the programme in December, but there was no representative from the football community," a family member told us this, 

"Imagine a former captain of Nigeria and there was no NFF representatives among the audience, and not even a former teammate.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2020/01/09/isaac-promise-buried-with-no-representative-from-nff/
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Cymix: 10:37am On Jan 10, 2020
badman007:
NFA means No future Ambition

Enough Said.

Almangiri Republic of Nigeria for the Real slave Niggas

did you schooled in Aba
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by AK284(m): 10:39am On Jan 10, 2020
Rest in peace Isaac, you have played your part successfully. It's so unfortunately that Nigeria is a country filled with animals,oh! animals should even be better caused they treasure and value themselfs
It's a direct reflection of the society where heroism means nothing to them.
Shame shame shame on NFF
Shame shame shame on imo state sport commission
Shame shame shame on federal government
Shame shame shame on very of his former colleague who is presently in Nigeria
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Edun00700: 10:42am On Jan 10, 2020
Shame on NFF. No future federation
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Plama: 10:54am On Jan 10, 2020
Nigeria has no respect for those stars representing them both locally and internationally. As long as your soul is resting in peace, u are fine
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by oodua1stson: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2020
That's sad
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2020
And our dude is hating Tammy Abraham for not playing for Nigeria.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 10, 2020
someone said SERVE NIGERIA AND COME BACK IN SHAME....they said its propaganda

WORST mistake of human being is
repeating a bad history....even animals restrategize their survival and hunting tricks but nigerians NO THEY CAN NEVER EVER DO THAT....THEY WILL TELL YOU OH OUR FOREFATHERS DID IT THIS WAY AND YOU ASK HIM....PLS TELL ME HOW DID IT BENEFIT YOUR FOREFATHERS....HE WILL JUMP....OH THIS OUR DARLING NIGERIA WE HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER TO KEEP IT ONE.....4 TO 5 OF MY GENERATIONS WORKED TO KEEP IT ONE AND IT CLEARLY SHOWS ITS NOT ONE AND YOU WANT ME TO ALSO CONTINUE FIGHTING TO KEEP IT ONE....THEN MY CHILDREN AND THEIR CHILDREN AND THEIR CHILDREN CHILDREN AND ONES AFTER THEM?......YOU MUST BE MAAAAAAAAD!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cameroon Accuse FIFA Of Racism Over VAR - Players Cry At Half-time / See How Fabregas And Messi Greeted Each Other After Chelsea Vs Barcelona Game / Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.