Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF (66378 Views)

Super Eagles: Why I Turned Down Advice From NFF Officials – Rohr / Rohr Makes Fresh Demands From NFF / Fresh! $40,000 Disappears From NFF Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by einsteine(m): 11:19am On Jan 10, 2020
He is a footballer not a soldier. He did not die for the nation. We also did not know if NFF were officially invited. None of his teammates attended, probably because they were either not invited or engaged in other things. It's a funeral and it's not going to bring him back.

Useless complaint.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by babalonimi: 11:22am On Jan 10, 2020
It took me time to realize that somebody like m who wants to make it legit isn't meant to live in a country like Nigeria!!! But v forgiven myself...
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by einsteine(m): 11:23am On Jan 10, 2020
nairalee:

I'm not questioning his teammates but NFF. The NFF as a body owes him to send at least a representative. I'm surprised you're even arguing this. What's the purpose of being a union if not for solidarity, oneness and sense of belonging?

NFF is not a Union. They administer football and not individual players.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Khaleell001(m): 11:59am On Jan 10, 2020
Last355:
Nobody will come so you don't kee them too with juju... As in you keed you own son of the soil!! #japka! Imo village ppl, I hail una!!

Idiot!
nobody killed anybody.
It was his time to go.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Emmyefe1: 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
That’s why I’m not sad Tammy Abraham and Tomori didn’t come represent us.. this is really sad
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by gnykelly(m): 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
boman2014:
Amaju Melvin Pinnick is the most useless NFF president I have ever seen

it's not about pinnik it's about the structure of the parastatals that doesn't detail both active and past players
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Deltatoto: 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
jjmekwa:
The funeral of Isaac Promise, the former Nigeria youth captain, took place in the south-eastern town of Umudim, Ohekelem, Imo State.

Promise, 31, died of a suspected heart attack in early October in the United States, according to American second-tier side Austin Bold.

Clad in black, the family gathered three months after his death to attend the burial ceremony.

Despite representing his country at all youth level, he was buried in a low-key ceremony with a no-show from top Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) officials.

"We sent out the programme in December, but there was no representative from the football community," a family member told us this, 

"Imagine a former captain of Nigeria and there was no NFF representatives among the audience, and not even a former teammate.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2020/01/09/isaac-promise-buried-with-no-representative-from-nff/
stephen keshi burial was also a mess na nff way
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by ofiko123(m): 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
Sad,May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace..
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by CoolAmbience(m): 1:06pm On Jan 10, 2020
nairalee:
Samson Siasia that's facing corruption charges begging for money all over radio stations said noone, not even players he brought to super eagles like Mikel has even called him to say hi.

Look at Christian Chukwu that was sick almost to death abandoned (If not for the timely intervention of Otedola)

That is why I will swear for anyone that asks a diaspora player to choose Nigeria over England.

You are not looking at it holistically.

These people worked just like the regular bankers, doctors, engineers, lawyers, tailors, carpenters, petty traders etc.

No one owes anyone anything. You must disabuse your mind of such entitlement thinking.

Even though I agree to the fact that there are people who are never grateful no matter what you do for them, I also know that what determines if people would come to your aid when in need is how you assisted in catering for and related with them when the going was good.

2 Likes

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by DarkJeddi(m): 1:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
Last355:
Nobody will come so you don't kee them too with juju... As in you keed you own son of the soil!! #japka! Imo village ppl, I hail una!!
Nonsense.. angry

People no dey die for your village?

So,

All of them na you killed them? shocked
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Pacesetter123(m): 2:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
oyepaulkay:
No NFF official - we know say them.be b**sta^d

But No former Teammates - Sorry to say guess the deceased had no good relationship with any of them or the family didn't reach out to them.
Talking about former teammates,I don't think is all about cordial relationship.Me think, it's about de present economic status of de former teammates.Among all of them,by my assessment, it's only Mikel Obi dat can convinienly flight down to Nigeria n back to his base without financial difficulty.The rest of dem like Onyekachi Apam,Chidi Odia,Sani Kaita, Ambrose Vansekin,Taye Taiwo, Victor Anichebe,Chinedu Obassi,just to mention a few are not all dat financially buoyant to flight from wherever dey r hiding to Nigeria for the burial n back to dia hibernating ground.Or as a football fan,av u bin hearing anything career-wise about de aforementioned players or any oda ones once in dat dia squad?
Having said dat,dey should av atleast,send a condolence messages.But I don't think any of dem did dat.
As for NFF or weda nah NFA,I don't know what to say to them.
But may de soul of de departed rest in de bossom of Abraham!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by profilemessages: 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
RIP TO THE DEAD

but what else do you expect? Samuel okwaraji , rashidi yekini, Christian chukwu all died in Nigeria and heaven didn't fall,

we keep blaming our leaders, may be they are not the problem, may be the problem is us the followers, lets all send messages or DM to the ministry of sports, through social media, Facebook, twitter , Instagram or mass media radio, television or SMS, en masse and see if they won't respond or not,

we keep blaming amaju pinnick(I am not supporting him ooo) but instead of looking away and saying "eh don't disturb yourself jare" , we all can do something by NOT KEEPING QUIET. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING

evil will continue to prevail when good people keep quiet, fold their arms and do nothing.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by sissoko22(m): 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2020
[quote author=safarigirl post=85664565]

How are either of Isaac Promise or Siasia heroes? If men of the Nigerian Army die, sure, they get the burial, but what else?

Are you living in other countries?

Siasia's issue is of his own making, nobody sent him to involve himself with a corrupt fellow and nobody rallies around anyone that has been accused of corruption, so don't come here and paint false realities. When Platini had a corruption charge, how many French people rallied around him?

You lot should get real.

Nobody owes anybody anything. There is empathy, and that is why some people bother to show up, but don't expect it from everybody.

You should be asking why none of Isaac's former team mates came for his burial. Nobody he played with thought it right to honor him, why? What kind of person was he alive, that nobody could come when he died? Perhaps he also failed in his duty to rally round for his mates when they needed help?/quote]

The bolded statement alone show your high level of maturity, intelligence and wisdom, his siblings are living in absolute poverty even though he died a multi-millionaire in hard currency.

Don't marry a greedy woman.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by badman007(m): 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
Cymix:

did you schooled in Aba

Indeed yo.

But don’t EVEN try to shade me if you speak back English
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Legendguru: 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:
how many of the ex-teammates are even in clubs?

Did you attend the burial?

How many of his ex-teammate do you know?
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by joshboo(m): 8:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
No normal thinking person should ever represent this country again or better still just use them as a stepping stone and bail.... this guy captained Nigeria at youth level and they pay him back this way... its preposterous to say the least.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Seventy7kings: 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
safarigirl:
because dead people are so concerned about who shows up for their funeral.... undecided

The most striking thing here is

"Not even a former team mate...."

What kind of relationship did he have with his former colleagues that none of them could make themselves available? If you were a President in any Union and no one from the Union, not even those who served with you could show up at your funeral, then something must have gone terribly wrong.
you must be a unionist during your time at higher institution grin
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Theophinio(m): 1:51am On Jan 11, 2020
nairalee:
Samson Siasia that's facing corruption charges begging for money all over radio stations said noone, not even players he brought to super eagles like Mikel has even called him to say hi.

Look at Christian Chukwu that was sick almost to death abandoned (If not for the timely intervention of Otedola)

That is why I will swear for anyone that asks a diaspora player to choose Nigeria over England.

You have said it all
Well done

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:42am On Jan 11, 2020
ghettokid1:
Nigerians is the most ungrateful bunch of people i have ever seen,
Or is it because he is an igbo?
.......modified.......
The same way they treated Oshoala

Once it will not benefit them financially or Sexually in any way. They are not interested.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:08am On Jan 11, 2020
ppogba:

And CHISOM, a woman that will be making mouth like typewriter on NAIJA MADE voted her fifth.

na jealousy dey do her
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Patotelli(m): 10:50am On Jan 11, 2020
safarigirl:
because dead people are so concerned about who shows up for their funeral.... undecided

The most striking thing here is

"Not even a former team mate...."

What kind of relationship did he have with his former colleagues that none of them could make themselves available? If you were a President in any Union and no one from the Union, not even those who served with you could show up at your funeral, then something must have gone terribly wrong.

I tell bloda mi. Even though they might use been so busy as an excuse, they ought to contribute a little something to the family... So so bad
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Bbbwings: 12:23am On Jan 12, 2020
nairalee:

The country doesn't work for anyone, why would they be the exception.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Cymix: 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2020
badman007:

Indeed yo.
But don’t EVEN try to shade me if you speak back English
which school
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by badman007(m): 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2020
Cymix:

which school

Several. Think you know me from somewhere??
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Cymix: 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
badman007:

Several. Think you know me from somewhere??

maybe just mention the school's name
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by badman007(m): 8:46am On Jan 20, 2020
Cymix:

maybe just mention the school's name

You first.
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 20, 2020
A.V

Ifyalways
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by ifyalways(f): 9:38am On Jan 20, 2020
NosaJBourne:
2120434.Z.B
Akpos

here's mine ma

Ifyalways
What is ZB?
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 20, 2020
ifyalways:

What is ZB?

Zenith Bank
Re: Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF by ifyalways(f): 9:45am On Jan 20, 2020
NosaJBourne:

Zenith Bank
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cameroon Accuse FIFA Of Racism Over VAR - Players Cry At Half-time / Ahmed Musa In Shock Move To Kano Pillars After Failing To Find Foreign Club / Before And After Photos Of Rashidi Yekini’s Mother’s House...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.