Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media (83771 Views)

Syrian Government Chopper Shot Down By Rebels (Video) / Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner / See The Moment Iran 'Mistakenly' Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner In Tehran (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by ronyman(m): 7:49am On Jan 10, 2020
grin grin finish him
SimDan95:
I had been seriously expecting speculations over these issue. knowing Iran's military personnel and power holders Revere in the fact that terrorism gives them a hard on.

Why else would they hide and refuse to release the black box for further investigation.

This would sound incentive but I'll say it anyway, Head slammers seriously have a penchant for terrorism and chaos, that's why you see most head slammers on NL ranting senselessly, telling Trump to apologise and prophesying destruction.

since they are blinded by religious fanatism, common reasoning override them to consider the fact that the US won't have carried out the act without conviction and evidence.

Watch how they flood here to spill venom as usual[ especially that slug that shouts and calls real niggur real niggur like a potent incantation to ward away stupidity.

spits
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by Gordieshegz(m): 7:55am On Jan 10, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
The trigger happy fools probably mistook it for a US fighter and shot it down before they realised their mistake.

Yet another example of their extreme incompetence.

Even if it was a US fighter, would it be leaving or entering Iran?
If Iranian government were truly the mastermind of this crash, I would say it was unwise of them considering 82 bright and young Iranians were in that plane and the backlash they would receive from the public who were moderately sympathetic of their plights in the hands of a supposed lying enemy of thiers.
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by Hypocrit: 7:58am On Jan 10, 2020
cupidFlint:
Judging from Iran's refusal to hand the over the black box and the level of damage that was done to the plane I knew that plane couldn't have crashed on its own. There have to be a heavy external explosion that made its parts shatter to the level pictured. Remember the passengers were Americans travelling to Canada and Iran vowed to hit USA hard... they just bit more than they can chew
Is a lie. No American was in the plane. Iran even have more of its people lost in the plane to the tune of 147 including those with dual citizenship, followed by canada with about 63 of them lost in the plane crash.
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by Hypocrit: 8:08am On Jan 10, 2020
oruma19:
It wasn't a mistake, they knew the identity of the people that boarded that plane from he airport authorities, they just decided to sacrifice their people because of a few perceived enemies inside the plane. Foolish people.
It was a mistake. More iranians were in that plane than canadians, and no americans was in the plane. Iran lost 89 of its people in that crash and up to 147 or so... If u add those with dual citizenship.
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by SimDan95(m): 8:11am On Jan 10, 2020
SexytorresE:
come to my room let me show u something for this sensitive comment of urs grin

I'll love to “my lady", kindly direct me to your heavenly abode.
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by MariahCarrey(f): 8:27am On Jan 10, 2020
kareemkamil:
Na lie USA dey lie, they are looking for way to cover up. USA is a Terrorist country.
us is a Christian country and we all know Muslims are prone to terrorism and violence. So figure..
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by Reference(m): 8:58am On Jan 10, 2020
iyimide:
International aviation law makes iran the chief judge in this case.
I do not believe that it was a shoot down by iran..
This is cheap american blackmail. One if the things iran avoided by not giving the black box to America.

The sad thing is that many of you think Suleman is a terrorist.. go and read what the iRaqi pm (am american stooge) has to say about why sulemani was in Iraq.

There are videos streaming online clearly showing the plane being hit by some sort of projectile and exxploding in the aftermath. Watch Skynews this morning.
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by wisdomIspeace(m): 9:10am On Jan 10, 2020
blowjohn:

Richard quest of CNN just mentioned about 5 countries that have the technology to go through the black boxes and guess what?
He said Iran doesn't have the technology!!
So what will they do with them?

The Iranian government is saying that the plane turned back before it crashed.
Well, Richard quest countered that if that's the case then it means there was an impact or explosion which still leads credence to the rumour.
CNN is talking about it right now.

Am not a CNN fan cos they r all bastards.

CNN is fake news

1 Like

Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by cupidFlint(m): 9:11am On Jan 10, 2020
nifton:

Austrian, not Australian.
The context under discussion is USA, not America in terms of Continent.
I'm the author,, the context in my quote was Northern Americans not USA
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by cupidFlint(m): 9:12am On Jan 10, 2020
Hypocrit:
Is a lie. No American was in the plane. Iran even have more of its people lost in the plane to the tune of 147 including those with dual citizenship, followed by canada with about 63 of them lost in the plane crash.
oga itk is Canada not part of America
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by abes(m): 9:26am On Jan 10, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Rank speculation not common sense. Iran is very capable of making that mistake. Ukrainian rebels made the same mistake with MH17 using the same type of Russian detection tech. The US made the same mistake with an Iranian airliner in the 1980s.

And Canada is not a stooge of the US. Your grasp of foreign affairs is very childish and simplistic.

In any case, Iran has shown by its own actions that it is guilty. Its officials stated that they will not submit the black boxes to Boeing (which would be normal procedure). They 'discovered' the cause of the crash within 24 hours (a process that sometimes takes months). Videos show that the plane was on fire. The US (and now Canada's) suspicion is very valid.

looking at this map

Do you honestly think a missile can cause a heavy plane taking off to make almost a u-turn. Check the distance from the airport to the point communication was lost to the eventual debris field, at what point do you think missile hit the plane?

Earlier reports even from BBC says the pilot tried to return, why would a pilot decide to land immediately after take off if not for a mechanical failure?
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by izubext007: 10:01am On Jan 10, 2020
New Enemy Spoted,, Now Ukrain Vs Iran. If The Black Box Is Not Released
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by grandstar(m): 10:13am On Jan 10, 2020
Zenithpeak:

They already said they will take revenge from America allies and may not attack America directly.

The Iranians on board are collateral damage just to draw some levels of sympathy to themselve and make it look like an accident. Check other nationals in that ill-fated aircraft and see that they are all allied countries with the united states.

This is a pure terrorist act and must be adequately addressed as one.

I doubt the bombing of the plane was intentional. They might have panicked, thinking was s throne.

They've been awfully silent about the incident. It was purely a mistake. The last thing they need on their plate is to be seen as the monster Trump painted them as.

If such an accident was carried Syria, I would believe the Syrian government planned it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by ibietela2(m): 10:18am On Jan 10, 2020
cupidFlint:
Judging from Iran's refusal to hand the over the black box and the level of damage that was done to the plane I knew that plane couldn't have crashed on its own. There have to be a heavy external explosion that made its parts shatter to the level pictured. Remember the passengers were Americans travelling to Canada and Iran vowed to hit USA hard... they just bit more than they can chew

There are no Americans
Canadians, Iranians and Ukrainians MOSTLY
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by oruma19: 10:21am On Jan 10, 2020
Hypocrit:
It was a mistake. More iranians were in that plane than canadians, and no americans was in the plane. Iran lost 89 of its people in that crash and up to 147 or so... If u add those with dual citizenship.
mistake? Shooting a plane that is taking off not landing? Haba, na wa for u oo
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by ibietela2(m): 10:24am On Jan 10, 2020
thosedays:
Ghen ghen grin they wanted to fight God's own Nation

AMERICA God's own nation? Or you mean Dog's own nation?

This your God must be a wicked and heartless one for supporting terrorism and a nation that overthrowns government
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by Efewestern: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2020
healthserve:
Oya o. Those of you cheerleading the deaths of innocent people.

Come and partake of taking responsibility for this blood shed. Continue to cheerleader Iran on in its rascal and rogue display.

First it was aid workers. Now innocent lives. Majority below 40. Imagine the brains and the destinies wasted. Continue cheerleading Iran on its recklessness. May their bloodshed be credited to your karma bank accounts angry

Continue cheerleading Iran and its culture of killing innocent people and accusing the United States of wrong doing or any reasonable person as haters. Even the entire gulf region backs the American presence in the region buttressed by the move of its operational bases to Kuwait. Sauid Arabia has come out rightly to condemn Iran's antics. Yet some religious haters still twist reality that this is a religious war. May the blood of all the dead souls be on the account of everyone cheerleading Iran on in its madness.

Chief relax and be objective, Saudi Arabia and Co you are hailing have done more damage to the region than Iran. As for the aircraft, it's most likely it was shot down by Iran's surface to air missiles, maybe they mistook it for a military jet, no body is above such mistake, even US in 1988 shot down an Iranian aircraft (Iran Air Flight 655), killing everyone on board.
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by maasoap(m): 10:29am On Jan 10, 2020
Cheap propaganda.
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by grandstar(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2020
golddust6000:

"Since 1979, do you know how many times China has been at war with anybody?" Carter asked. "None. And we have stayed at war." The U.S., he noted, has only enjoyed 16 years of peace in its 242-year history, making the country "the most warlike nation in the history of the world," Carter said. This is, he said, because of America's tendency to force other nations to "adopt our American principles."

In China, meanwhile, the economic benefits of peace were clear to the eye. "How many miles of high-speed railroad do we have in this country?" he asked. While China has some 18,000 miles of high-speed rail, the U.S. has "wasted, I think, $3 trillion" on military spending. "It's more than you can imagine. China has not wasted a single penny on war, and that's why they're ahead of us. In almost every way."

Carter should keep quiet. He was an ineffective president when he was there. He was indecisive and had a poor grasp of economics. I think fuel queues occurred in the US during his term in power.

China spends preposterous sums on the military. China is doing its utmost to portray itself as a superpower in Asia and it is winning. It is already intimidating other countries iover contested territories and is winning.

China is not ahead of America. It's per capita income is about a sixth of America. It's still needs to catch up with the US in terms of technology. If it's technology surpassed that of the US, it won't be the global leader in the theft of intellectual property.

The massive lines of railway track in China is financed from the public purse unlike America which is privately owned. Also, if accounts were made public, the trains are only running due the the huge subventions given them by the government.

America has lost little or nothing by not having bullet trains. It is still the most advanced country in the world in terms of technology. Jimmy Carter should politely keep quite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXgqPzDL4UE

1 Like

Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by healthserve(m): 10:38am On Jan 10, 2020
Efewestern:

Chief relax and be objective, Saudi Arabia and Co you are hailing have done more damage to the region than Iran. As for the aircraft, it's most likely it was shot down by Iran's surface to air missiles, maybe they mistook it for a military jet, no body is above such mistake, even US in 1988 shot down an Iranian aircraft (Iran Air Flight 655), killing everyone on board.

So the lives of unarmed people is sports. From the aid workers to embassy siege to 170 person on board a passenger flight.

Your comment is funny. You can't use a military craft in any nations airspace without permission. Upgrade your os abeg
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 10, 2020
abes:

looking at this map

Do you honestly think a missile can cause a heavy plane taking off to make almost a u-turn. Check the distance from the airport to the point communication was lost to the eventual debris field, at what point do you think missile hit the plane?

Earlier reports even from BBC says the pilot tried to return, why would a pilot decide to land immediately after take off if not for a mechanical failure?

Likely tried to turn back AFTER they were struck. That would be the obvious and logical thing to do.
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by urahara(m): 10:46am On Jan 10, 2020
grandstar:

China is not ahead of America. It's per capita income is about a sixth of America. It's still needs to catch up with the US in terms of technology. If it's technology surpassed that of the US, it won't be the global leader in the theft of intellectual property.

A lot of people need to know the bolded.

Some people feel that just because iPhones are assembled in china that China is more advanced in tech than the u.s
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 10, 2020
Gordieshegz:

Even if it was a US fighter, would it be leaving or entering Iran?
If Iranian government were truly the mastermind of this crash, I would say it was unwise of them considering 82 bright and young Iranians were in that plane and the backlash they would receive from the public who were moderately sympathetic of their plights in the hands of a supposed lying enemy of thiers.

I don't believe it was deliberate, but I still believe it was Iran. Iranian military radar tracked it when it was already airborne. Someone panicked and hit the air defence missile button. After they were launched, there was no recalling them or diverting them. Videos are streaming showing the plane on fire before it crashed. There was probably no time for an internal technical fault to cause that kind of massive fire a mere 5 minutes from take off.
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by urahara(m): 10:52am On Jan 10, 2020
grandstar:

I doubt the bombing of the plane was intentional. They might have panicked, thinking was s throne.

They've been awfully silent about the incident. It was purely a mistake. The last thing they need on their plate is to be seen as the monster Trump painted them as.

If such an accident was carried Syria, I would believe the Syrian government planned it

I'm very sure that trump would blame them
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by Efewestern: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2020
healthserve:

So the lives of unarmed people is sports. From the aid workers to embassy siege to 170 person on board a passenger flight.

Your comment is funny. You can't use a military craft in any nations airspace without permission. Upgrade your os abeg

* Iran didn't shoot down that aircraft intentionally, US had threatened to strike Iran should they fire at any of their bases, Iran might have activated their air defense system, hence they mistook it for a military jet. US also made similar mistake in 1988, I wonder why you avoided that, or are Iranian lives not valuable?, this recent crash has more Iranians on board, does it make any sense that Iran will want to kill her own people to proof a silly point? Think man, think.

* @bolded really? Israel has been violating Lebanon's & Syria's airspace, who did they take permission from? you really think if US military jet wants to enter Iran's airspace they will take permission from Iran? Sir, does this sound nice to you? There's a reason Airlines avoid battle regions, most SAMs can barely differentiate a military jet from a civilian aircraft.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by healthserve(m): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2020
Efewestern:

* Iran didn't shoot down that craft intentionally, US had threatened to strike Iran should they fire at any of their bases, Iran might have activated their air defense system, hence they mistook it for a military jet. US also made similar mistake in 1988, I wonder why you avoided that, or are Iranian lives not valuable?, this recent crash has more Iranians on board, does it make any sense that Iran will want to kill her own people to proof a silly point? Think man, think.

* @bolded really? Israel has been violating Lebanon's & Syria's airspace, who did they take permission from? you really think if US military jet wants to enter Iran's airspace they will take permission from Iran? Sir, does this sound nice to you? There's a reason Airlines avoid battle regions, most SAMs can barely differentiate a military jet from a civilian aircraft.

Efe I'm. Busy. Every nation has systems in place to know details of every flight in its airspace. This debate is above your intellectual level. No disrespect
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by Bewiseedet(m): 11:01am On Jan 10, 2020
Daviddson:
I knew it was Iran. Was thinking they did it intentionally to get back at the US, but that airline is not American.

MODIFIED
Canada is now taking it personally, because more than 60 of their citizens were killed in the crash. Let's see how US pushes them to knock Iran... grin

Trump could use Canada to get back at Iran
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by Efewestern: 11:06am On Jan 10, 2020
healthserve:

Efe I'm. Busy. Every nation has systems in place to know details of every flight in its airspace. This debate is above your intellectual level. No disrespect

And when you counter them, they come in with some funny lines, do have a nice day chief.
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by abes(m): 11:19am On Jan 10, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Likely tried to turn back AFTER they were struck. That would be the obvious and logical thing to do.

At what point? On the runway?
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 10, 2020
abes:

At what point? On the runway?

Were they struck on the runway? Please strive to understand before you respond.
Re: Iran Mistakenly Shot Down Ukraine Jet - US Media by Malawian(m): 11:46am On Jan 10, 2020
drakeli:

I just listened to the Canadian prime minister confirming categorically that Iranian surface to air missile shot down the plane . He has issued a communique confirming Iran as the culprit. Not a speculation .

My own take is that, Iran expected the US to respond immediately with their jet bomber after bombing US base. Since no jet surfaced, Iran anti aircraft missile mistook Ukraine passenger plane for an American jet bomber. Hence the calamity
After the Iranian missile strikes on US bases in Iraq, they may actually have expected the US to reply with missile strikes of their own, maybe they took out that passenger plane in a bid to frame the US as being the culprit who shot it down. The fact that the passengers were Iranians, and other US allied citizens was perfect for sch frame job. They would have effectively pitted Donald Trump against any coalition he would have put together for a war on Iran.

IRAN IS A ROUGE COUNTRY AND A TERRORIST STATE

Donald Trump's incredible patience by not retaliating is what is coming back to bite the Iranians in all these.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Putin Gifts Zimbabwe President Mnangagwa A New Helicopter (Photos) / Interviewers Are Not Allowed To Look At Jacob Zuma's New 24-yr-old Wife (photo) / Donald Trump: "A Parade For Me In Nigeria, A Great Honor!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.