Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Reasons Why Nigerian Police Act The Way They Do. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Reasons Why Nigerian Police Act The Way They Do. (436 Views)

The way they have threesom, three cult groups are fighting now PHOTOS / Rita Amenze: Why Nigerian Was Killed By Her Italian Husband Pierangelo Pellizzar / Police Is Still Your Friend: I Was Moved Emotionally When I Saw This Police Act. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Nigerian Police Act The Way They Do. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
First of all, don’t remind me of my moniker. grin else me and you will fight and scatter this thread, it will affect nairalands server and affect World Wide Web. So just respect yourself this evening.

I’m going to educate you all on why the Nigerian police act unreasonable on the road they were employed to safe guard.

First of all, here are the issues we face from them;

1. Extortion
2. Rascality
3. Disciplinary

I’ll address them one after the other. it’s a long post but it’s worth reading.

1. Extortion; we all know the way Nigeria works. Every sector in Nigeria breeds extortion. Go to any government agencies to get something done, they must find a way to frustrate you to drop something or pay higher than the supposed amount to get a faster result. It happens even in our schools, banks, etc. our Nigerian police as well use this as an avenue to rake in money for themselves. Everybody Na criminal grin

2. Rascality; majority of Nigerian police are O’level graduates, I think they have a lesser degree to get into the force I’m not sure. Apart from that, dealing with Nigerians is not a child’s play grin you have to put on your highest rascal behavior. Be brutal and show no mercy. We nor deh hear word is the right phrase to use here. Nigerians are STUBBORN. Using mouth to instill fear and decorum on us is not enough hence the rascality of our dear policemen.

3. Disciplinary; this is the main subject matter. grin Nigerian is known to term unkept and haggard looking people as condemned souls. Criminals, armed robbers, yahoo boys etc. in every Nigerian home, we have one of our parents that doesn’t allow keeping of end time hairstyles like the ones almost every young man is carrying around. Sagging of trousers, looking like lilwayne etc. our dear Nigerian police have this Nigerian parent traits in them because they are parents as well. They believe once you look like a yahoo boy, YOU ARE A YAHOO BOY. Hence the tagging of every young man that looks like it as a yahoo boy. grin Like my humble self, I can’t go see my pops with a funky hairstyle. He’ll condemn it and ask me to go look good and come back. Now, imagine my pops is in the Nigerian police force, he’ll instill this discipline to his career because he’s a Nigerian and he knows the norm to being a good young man is to look like one even if your are a dreaded killer in suit and tie. E nor concern them.

So there you have it, all the points listed above is where our Nigerian police see a young man looking like a yahoo boy and tag him a yahoo boy, discipline him in a rascal way and extort from them. grin

Sense we nor kill me.

PS. I’m not in anyway in support of any of these actions. I’m just stating my observations as a reasonable fellow.

Lalasticlala. I’m so proud of myself today. Do the needful abeg. Before I turn snake go bite you angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Police Act The Way They Do. by Segel00(m): 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
FTC
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Police Act The Way They Do. by dashing07(m): 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hmmm why are Nigerian police doing what they are doing.. and y do Nigerian politicians do what they do mostly tell lies and steal public funds

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Police Act The Way They Do. by harakiri(m): 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
There is nothing wrong with npf...everything is wrong with the Nigerian mindset which reflects on the npf.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Police Act The Way They Do. by Timileyin1234(m): 11:42am On Jan 10, 2020
harakiri:
There is nothing wrong with npf...everything is wrong with the Nigerian mindset which reflects on the npf.
What do u mean by there is nothing wrong with npf? Are they supposed to be searching our phone without a warrant?
What all Nigerian police think is that we are all criminals.

(1) (Reply)

Abductors Of Senator George T. Sekibo's Wife Sentenced To Life Imprisonment. / What Happened The First Time You Smoke Weed / Remo Stars FC Player, Kaka, Buried Amid Tears In Sagamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.