Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' (3980 Views)

Reverend Jim Hogan Survives Accident That Claimed 6 Lives / Bishop Oyedepo Is Misleading Christians: You Don't Need To Pray For Favor Or Sow / Seminarian Onyekachukwu Martins Converts Nonbelievers To Christians In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:21am On Jan 10, 2020
Jim Bakker Claims President Trump Is a Test to Prove If You Are Truly Saved
Lori Arnold | ChristianHeadlines.com Contributor | Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Jim Bakker Claims President Trump Is a Test to Prove If You Are Truly Saved

Televangelist Jim Bakker, who resurrected his career after serving nearly five years in prison for fraud, ignited Twitter Monday by declaring on his show that support for President Donald Trump is a “test [for] whether you’re even saved.”

“Only saved people can love Trump,” Bakker added during the taped episode of “The Jim Bakker Show.” The comment brought laughs from at least one guest and several members of the audience.

“No,” Bakker responded to the reaction. “You gotta really be saved. You gotta forgive. You forgive when you’re saved ...”

Bakker made the statement during a segment in which guests were promoting their books and viewers were asked to make monthly donations to the “PTL Voice of the Prophets Gold Member Network,” the Charlotte Observer reported.

One of the guests was Robert Henderson, who talked about his book, “Praying for the Prophetic Destiny of the United States and the Presidency of Donald J. Trump from the Courts of Heaven.”

During the show, Bakker also touted Trump’s commitment to Israel.

“He keeps signing things to protect the church, and he’s helped Israel, and recognized Israel,” the evangelist said. “He’s fulfilling (the) Bible, whether you like it or not.”

Bakker’s comments were met with a fair amount of backlash after an 18-second clip from the show was shared to Twitter. Amee Vanderpool, a contributing writer for Playboy and an opinion writer for the BBC, tweeted the clip of Bakker’s comment which has been viewed by more than 1.37 million people.

She captioned the clip, “Here is Jim Bakker saying that Trump is a test to determine whether or not people are ‘saved.’ The comments section below is here for you, twitter-have at it."

Twitter user T Taylor responded, “I am Christian. I oppose Trump. I am not worried. P.S. - Is this the same Jim Bakker, who along with his wife Tammy, fleeced America using the name of Jesus to cheat people? And to personally profit monetarily via the PTL club? THAT Jim Bakker

Author of Reclaiming Hope and former Obama White House staffer Michael Wear, also commented on Bakker’s statement, calling it oppressive and manipulative. He wrote, “I know some think that Jim Bakker comment was bad because it was about Trump, but I want to tell you that it's always bad, morally oppressive & manipulative to suggest anyone's faith is vindicated based on their vote alone—regardless of who is the subject of the sentiment.”

Many of the other Twitter comments harkened back to the early days of Bakker’s ministry. During the 70s and 80s, Bakker and his first wife, Tammy Faye, built a mega empire through The PTL Club and Heritage USA, a Christian-themed park in South Carolina. In the late 80s, the empire began to crumble when revelations surfaced about Bakker’s affair with a church secretary and subsequent payoffs to the woman, forcing the televangelist to resign.

Bakker was later found guilty of 24 counts of conspiracy, mail and wire fraud relating to luxury hotel memberships he sold related to Heritage USA. An investigation found that the ministry sold far more memberships than the facility could accommodate and that Bakker kept more than $3 million from the proceeds. He served nearly five years. Bakker was paroled in 1994, two years after his divorce from Tammy Faye.

In 2003, Bakker returned to televangelism with Lori, whom he married in 1998.’ Prophecy and the end times are common themes to Bakker’s current show.

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/lori-arnold/jim-bakker-claims-president-trump-is-a-test-to-prove-if-you-are-truly-saved.html

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by LordReed(m): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2020
Bwahahahahaha! Ex-convict jailed for scamming people, is telling people god is asking them to support another scammer. Surprise surprise! LMFAO!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by kayfra: 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2020
Jim Bakker?

Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! Ex-convict jailed for scamming people, is telling people god is asking them to support another scammer. Surprise surprise! LMFAO!

It is true that most atheists/liberals/Muslims hate Trump.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
kayfra:

Jim Bakker?

Lmao grin

Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart have all repented and are forgiven. Jimmy Bakker is telling it as it is without fear or favour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by kayfra: 1:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart have all repented and are forgiven. Jimmy Bakker is telling it as it is without fear or favour.

BS

7 Likes

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by LordReed(m): 2:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

It is true that most atheists/liberals/Muslims hate Trump.

Yeah cos he's a POS and you know it but you are too dishonest and hypocritical to admit it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
LordReed:

Yeah cos he's a POS and you know it but you are too dishonest and hypocritical to admit it.

You still proved him right. You are against Trump because you are not saved. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by Hiswordxray(m): 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2020
Before we just to crucify a fellow Christian, can we first entertain the thought that his statement was misunderstood or something?

He couldn't have been saying that we need to love Trump in order to be saved, that doesn't make any sense.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:25am On Jan 12, 2020
solite3:

this is unbiblical, things men do for filthy lucre.

What is unbiblical, do you hate Donald Trump? undecided
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by tobechi20(m): 6:07am On Jan 12, 2020
the only Jim I know is a soccer commentator
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by mrZENographer: 6:42am On Jan 12, 2020
Deluded statement.

Any Christian who knowledgeable about what is going on and not deceived by the biased mainstream media of the Leftist party(CNN, BBC) will be really glorying God for a U.S leader as TRUMP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by LordReed(m): 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

You still proved him right. You are against Trump because you are not saved. cool

Indeed I am not indulging in your fantasy role play.

1 Like

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

There are many people who love Trump that does not mean they are saved. I dont hate Trump but I dont agree with some of his actions doesnt mean I hate him. Christianity has nothing to do with the world politics or system. A true Christian is known by their love of Christ and obedience to his commandments.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
LordReed:

U're an Atheist 'cos U don't know who Jesus is.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
LordReed:

Trump is not a Scammer. He's a Biz-President and an Apostle of Jesus Christ.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by LordReed(m): 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
orisa37:

Trump is not a Scammer. He's a Biz-President and an Apostle of Jesus Christ.

Trump is an admitted and indicted scammer. The only thing remaining is for him to go to jail like Jim Bakker.

3 Likes

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 3:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
LordReed:

I have always thought that LordReed is a fair commentary. To describe OlaAdegbu as dishonest and hypocritical is unfair.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by LordReed(m): 3:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
orisa37:

U're an Atheist 'cos U don't know who Jesus is.

Jesus is the fairytale you tell someone to join your club called church.

2 Likes

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
solite3:
this is unbiblical, things men do for filthy lucre.

What Word has he used that you can't find in your Concordance?
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 3:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hiswordxray:
Before we just to crucify a fellow Christian, can we first entertain the thought that his statement was misunderstood or something?

He couldn't have been saying that we need to love Trump in order to be saved, that doesn't make any sense.

Better reasoning.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

I don't like Obama.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 3:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Nigeria is save 'cos of Trump. The FH would have sold The Yorubas into Slavery again.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 3:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
LordReed:

Indeed I am not indulging in your fantasy role play.

Ignore LordReed. He's an FH and a DEMOCRATS.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 3:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
solite3:
There are many people who love Trump that does not mean they are saved. I dont hate Trump but I dont agree with some of his actions doesnt mean I hate him. Christianity has nothing to do with the world politics or system. A true Christian is known by their love of Christ and obedience to his commandments.

TRUMP answers all these. He loves NIGERIA. Unlike Obama who planned to scatter NIGERIA.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
LordReed:

Jesus is the fairytale you tell someone to join your club called church.

Jesus gives me Life to feel, think, reason, act, interact and move around. He has brought me out of a Life of scamming into a Life of Peace and patient Understanding of Love for all Life. Jesus is not fairy to me 'cos I see him every day
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
LordReed:

Trump is an admitted and indicted scammer. The only thing remaining is for him to go to jail like Jim Bakker.

Is LordReed real and honest?
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by LordReed(m): 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
orisa37:

I have always thought that LordReed is a fair commentary. To describe OlaAdegbu as dishonest and hypocritical is unfair.

He is a hypocrite. He talks about having family values then raises a man who has none as a hero.

1 Like

Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by LordReed(m): 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
orisa37:

Jesus gives me Life to feel, think, reason, act, interact and move around. He has brought me out of a Life of scamming into a Life of Peace and patient Understanding of Love for all Life. Jesus is not fairy to me 'cos I see him every day

LoL! In your dreams abi.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 5:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
LordReed:

LoL! In your dreams abi.

Yes. In my DREAMS!!!
"I GIVE YOUR FATHERS AND YOUR PROPHETS DREAMS TO TELL YOU MY WAYS", GOD SAID IN HIS WORDS.
Re: Jim Bakker To Christians: You Must Love Trump To Prove You're 'Saved' by orisa37: 5:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
LordReed:

He is a hypocrite. He talks about having family values then raises a man who has none as a hero.

He has never claimed to be a Prophet of God or an Apostle of our Lord Jesus Christ. I know he's trying to get there and will get there sooner than later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

D End Is Here Adeboye's Testimony / See What A Pastor Was Spotted Doing To A Lady During A Deliverance Prayer(pic) / Why Should We Number Our Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.