Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... (2286 Views)

Pablo Classic Fasaki's Mother, Bola Fasaki. Is She The Youngest Mother-In-Law? / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
The way we talk about food as if we can't live without it.
We eat for the body not otherwise.

That man can eat breakfast, then eat hearty dinner at home after work.

I can't remember when last I ate lunch.

Is he so spoilt that he can't make breakfast?

The mum.didnt train him well.

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
izzou:

I don't see why my mum would prepare lunch for me everyday. And the funniest part is I don't ask my wife for it, and I did not even inform her

But I guess we all have different moms smiley

My mum won't even do that sef. grin
Thank u.

From a man's perspective.

This is super wrong.

Men, pls learn when to give to mothers what belongs to them and wives what belong to them too.

This is the beginning of a bitter relationship.
Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by davillian(m): 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
sadDon't say anything
Just wake up early before he leaves for work park the food and keep it were he would see it
If he likes let him take it if he likes he should leave it.
Leave the food there for him till he comes back once he sees it then you can throw it away.....
Just keep doing that without saying anything he would come back to his senses sooner or later...

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by frozen70(f): 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
lickylicky:
Please help me o! My mother in law has taken over my wifey duties. It all started over two years ago when I just gave birth, I noticed my husband doesn't bother about taking breakfast or lunch to work. I thought he didn't want to stress me, it was later I discovered his mum who doesn't live with us has being cooking lunch for him though he didn't tell me. I was thinking it will stop but it has started again this new year. I want to confront him but I want to seek opinion first probably it's no big deal. Maybe it's me that is taking it personal. A marriage of over 4years and my mother in law thinks it's right to still make food for my husband to work everyday without me knowing.
May I add that I have two kids now and my 1st girl is in KG2 and I do make food for her every morning including lunch. He leaves home very early in the morning to go and pick the food at his mom's then come back to pick my daughter at home before going to work knowing fully well that have cooked already. When I tried packing lunch for him this new year he was pleasant the first two day but on the 3rd he came up with the argument that he was running late and can't wait for me to pack his after packing for my daughter.

Pls to avoid issues of blame on you, just ignore them, when she can't cope or he can't continue, they will stop it

My concern is let love reign in your marriage

Must mothers don't joke with their son's welfare, even if he us overage

Even if you confront him, he will tell you that he sees nothing wrong with the mum preparing his lunch

If that single act will make her remove her eyes from your marriage, pls let it be

Mother in laws are the most problematic people in marriage
Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by elektra(f): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
I will tell my husband to ask his mama for my own food oh! How can she be cooking for him alone. If she like sef, she can take over cooking for the whole family. E no worry me.

As long as my husband remains as unbothered about me collecting money from my father every month.

2 Likes

Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by cococandy(f): 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
Well then just be upfront and state that you want to be the one making his lunch henceforth not his mom. See what he says.

lickylicky:
I appreciate every comment... May I add that I have two kids now and my 1st girl is in KG2 and I do make food for her every morning including lunch. He leaves home very early in the morning to go and pick the food at his mom's then come back to pick my daughter at home before going to work knowing fully well that have cooked already. When I tried packing lunch for him this new year he was pleasant the first two day but on the 3rd he came up with the argument that he was running late and can't wait for me to pack his after packing for my daughter.

2 Likes

Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by zed7: 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
Maybe you can't cook and he doesn't know how to tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by Tomjazzy2: 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
Always a dicey situation -- MIL and DIL

There isn't anything wrong eating from the mum, but the fact that he does this very often, and without the wife's knowledge, is wrong.

Wife should calmly have a bedroom chat with husband, and make him understand how this makes her feel.

Please don't make him feel like you are not comfortable with him eating his mum's meals, but rather, make him realize how it makes you feel less of a wife to him.

He may have been doing this innocently

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by LyfeJennings(m): 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2020
izzou:

The husband should be able to draw the line between what his mother should do, and what his wife should do

He doesn't request breakfast from his wife, but sneaks to eat that prepared by his mum. Why?

I don't blame the mother in-law in anyway. It's the man that cannot assume his husband role I blame

The moment I marry my wife, I have become the Oga of my home. Yes, I still am a son to my mum, but she can't have a say in my home.

Ori e ti gbale
Are U trying to be more white than a white man
I sometimes wonder how people reason
So cos I am married, I no go fit chop my mama food
God go punish that woman that ever suggests or say so to me.
What's all these oriburuku U folks sometimes display online.
Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by LyfeJennings(m): 11:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
OP
Wo, me I will tell U the truth.
And I am gonna be very blunt with U
I go even pray 4 U and U must say Amen.
If U do not understand some of the words I write.
Ask Ur Yoruba friends to translate it.
Walahi Ori e o pe
Olohun, undiluted weyrey wa lori e
U don watch too many Naija film. U listened to Ur terrible friends talk about their MIL.
That woman is only showing love to her son and the least U should do it think otherwise when U can reciprocate
When U can pick up the phone once in a while and make a joke like Mummy, I know U feeding Ur son. When will U feed Ur daughter too so she can glow
U know!!!!
Alaye, je ki ori pe
Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by izzou(m): 3:55am On Jan 11, 2020
LyfeJennings:

Ori e ti gbale
Are U trying to be more white than a white man
I sometimes wonder how people reason
So cos I am married, I no go fit chop my mama food
God go punish that woman that ever suggests or say so to me.
What's all these oriburuku U folks sometimes display online.

Then be bold enough to tell your wife that your mother is cooking for you.

Stop lying to your wife you can't wait for hers, and then drive down to eat your mum's.

Be a man, not a coward

I'm not offended by the insults though. Its probably how you were raised smiley

3 Likes

Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by LyfeJennings(m): 6:39am On Jan 11, 2020
izzou:

Then be bold enough to tell your wife that your mother is cooking for you.

Stop lying to your wife you can't wait for hers, and then drive down to eat your mum's.

Be a man, not a coward

I'm not offended by the insults though. Its probably how you were raised smiley

If I have my way again
I would insult U again
Ori n ta e
Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by izzou(m): 6:43am On Jan 11, 2020
LyfeJennings:

If I have my way again
I would insult U again
Ori n ta e

Any difficulty with the bolded?

I could help, you know smiley

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by LyfeJennings(m): 6:45am On Jan 11, 2020
izzou:

O ya weyrey gan
Olohun
Baba nla psycho ni e
Please don't mention me again
Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by Tyche(m): 11:39am On Jan 11, 2020
izzou:

You no well...
Re: Mother In Law On Wifey Duties... by lilyheaven: 11:41am On Jan 11, 2020
No big deal, tell him to bring for you and daughter, at least you will have space to do other things

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Your Mama Decides To Leave! / What Do You Advice She Is Lazy / At What Stage Should A Woman Get Tired Of Taking Such Responsibilities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.