Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

"Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares (4401 Views)

Rev. Uma Ukpai's Civic Reception In Ohafia, His Community For His Philanthropy / Pastor Adeboye Declares 78 Hours Praise Concert To Mark 78th Birthday / "Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by AseV(m): 11:46am On Jan 10, 2020
The general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Enoch Adeboye has declared that the President of Uma Ukpai Evangelistic Association Incorporated, Rev. Dr. Uma Ukpai is his spiritual father.

Adeboye stated this while recently giving a sermon in his church.

To the amazement of his congregants, Adeboye while preaching said:

“I want to show everybody today that I have a Spiritual Father, his name is Daddy Dr. Uma Ukpai.”

Dr. Uma Ukpai is a Christian leader, an evangelist, and a preacher. He is the founder and president of Uma Ukpai Evangelistic Association, a non-denominational gospel ministry based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Rev. Dr. Uma Ukpai speaks across the world extensively on issues of salvation, faith, healing, breaking of curses and covenants, and spiritual leadership.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/01/uma-ukpai-is-my-spiritual-father-pastor-adeboye-declares/

Mynd44, lalasticlala

Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by donbachi(m): 11:48am On Jan 10, 2020
Obara jesus!
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by prosnadis(m): 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2022
Uma na baba
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2022
AseV:
To the amazement of his congregants, Adeboye while preaching said:

“I want to show everybody today that I have a Spiritual Father, his name is Daddy Dr. Uma Ukpai.”

Dr. Uma Ukpai is a Christian leader, an evangelist, and a preacher. He is the founder and president of Uma Ukpai Evangelistic Association, a non-denominational gospel ministry based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Rev. Dr. Uma Ukpai speaks across the world extensively on issues of salvation, faith, healing, breaking of curses and covenants, and spiritual leadership.
Where Jesus Christ warned that God alone if Father over all those who belong to Him - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 - these men continue to reveal they do not on fact have their trust in God but in men instead.

1 Like

Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by paxonel(m): 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2022
Ok
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by edoairways: 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Where Jesus Christ warned that God alone if Father over all those who belong to Him - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 - these men continue to reveal they do not on fact have their trust in God but in men instead.
Holier at thou. Who told you there is no spiritual father in the bible? See 1 Tim 1:2, 1 Tim 1:18
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2023
edoairways:

Holier at thou. Who told you there is no spiritual father in the bible? See 1 Tim 1:2, 1 Tim 1:18
Jesus Christ warned you against setting anyone up as your Father in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 - , and He also said that those who belong to Him are those who do as He commands John 14 vs 15 - 20. You, on the other hand seem to think you know better about the Kingdom of God than Jesus Christ does as that would explain why you go against His commandments as far as His very own Kingdom is concerned. undecided
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by edoairways: 9:52am On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ warned you against setting anyone up as your Father in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 - , and He also said that those who belong to Him are those who do as He commands John 14 vs 15 - 20. You, on the other hand seem to think you know better about the Kingdom of God than Jesus Christ does as that would explain why you go against His commandments as far as His very own Kingdom is concerned. undecided
Read and digest the bible verse I posted first. Read in context not out of context. Read with understanding from the holy spirit not your own understanding.
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by oteneaaron(m): 11:04am On Jan 19, 2023
Everybody needs a mentor.

Good to know Adeboye has a mentor.
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2023
edoairways:

Read and digest the bible verse I posted first. Read in context not out of context. Read with understanding from the holy spirit not your own understanding.
In Context, Jesus Christ was clear that none of His followers make fathers of others in the Kingdom of God. However, what is clear here is that you don't follow Jesus Christ but instead the examples of men. Your understanding is that born of the opinions of other men and not of the Spirit of Truth who spoke through Jesus Christ saying that you are not to have for yourselves any other Father in the Kingdom of God. lipsrsealed
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by edoairways: 2:03am On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
In Context, Jesus Christ was clear that none of His followers make fathers of others in the Kingdom of God. However, what is clear here is that you don't follow Jesus Christ but instead the examples of men. Your understanding is that born of the opinions of other men and not of the Spirit of Truth who spoke through Jesus Christ saying that you are not to have for yourselves any other Father in the Kingdom of God. lipsrsealed
So what would you say when Apostle Paul said this in 1 Cor 4:15?
1 Corinthians 4:15
NLT: For even if you had ten thousand others to teach you about Christ, you have only one spiritual father. For I became your father in Christ Jesus when I preached the Good News to you.
It didn't occur to you that Timothy was called son by Paul in 1 Cor 4:17?. Who mentored some of the great apostles of old , did they fall from the moon?
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkiee: 2:15am On Jan 20, 2023
edoairways:

So what would you say when Apostle Paul said this in 1 Cor 4:15?
1 Corinthians 4:15
NLT: For even if you had ten thousand others to teach you about Christ, you have only one spiritual father. For I became your father in Christ Jesus when I preached the Good News to you.
It didn't occur to you that Timothy was called son by Paul in 1 Cor 4:17?. Who mentored some of the great apostles of old , did they fall from the moon?
I am afraid I don't owe you any say since unlike you Jesus Christ is God over. Paul's example mean absolutely nothing. undecided
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by edoairways: 2:27am On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
I am afraid I don't owe you any say since unlike you Jesus Christ is God over. Paul's example mean absolutely nothing. undecided
Who inspired Paul to write the bible if I may ask?
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkiee: 2:35am On Jan 20, 2023
edoairways:

Who inspired Paul to write the bible if I may ask?
Regardless of who inspired whom, Jesus Christ was emphatic that those who belong to Him listen to Him alone and His friends do what He says. So you obviously have for yourself another God other than Jesus Christ since you clearly don't care much for what Jesus Christ said as you would rather follow the example of a man in this. undecided
Jesus Christ didn't even instruct any of His followers to follow His example and He is the Way they are to obey. So for you to ignore Jesus Christ all so you can follow the example of a mere man allows one conclude fully that you have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ except but the fact that you type and say His name a lot. undecided
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by edoairways: 10:14am On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Regardless of who inspired whom, Jesus Christ was emphatic that those who belong to Him listen to Him alone and His friends do what He says. So you obviously have for yourself another God other than Jesus Christ since you clearly don't care much for what Jesus Christ said as you would rather follow the example of a man in this. undecided
Jesus Christ didn't even instruct any of His followers to follow His example and He is the Way they are to obey. So for you to ignore Jesus Christ all so you can follow the example of a mere man allows one conclude fully that you have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ except but the fact that you type and say His name a lot. undecided
Wasn't Jesus Christ who did?
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by ublight: 12:05pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Call no man Father.
He didn't say whether in the kingdom or not. So don't even call your own father as father.
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkiee: 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2023
ublight:
Call no man Father.
He didn't say whether in the kingdom or not. So don't even call your own father as father.
Always pay attention to context or you fail in your understanding. undecided

The same Jesus Christ taught in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Matthew 7 vs 1 - 13 of how the Pharisees taught their own lies as doctrines instead of God's Law which states that the Israelites of Old ought to honor their father and their mother. Do you also believe, that Jesus Christ meant that the children of Israel where not to refer to their fathers as such? That would amount to a violation of God's very Law by Jesus Christ, and we know instead that Jesus Christ lived His Life instead in obedience of that Law. undecided

So, no, the context of His teachings is the Kingdom of God ---- Jesus Christ made that clear to all of His followers. So it is not wrong to refer to your earthly father as such. But in the Kingdom of God, as He made clear, you have only one Father, and He is in Heaven whereas all others -- only of those who obey His Law-- are your brothers and your sisters. undecided
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by ublight: 12:56pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Always pay attention to context or you fail in your understanding. undecided

The same Jesus Christ taught in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Matthew 7 vs 1 - 13 of how the Pharisees taught their own lies as doctrines instead of God's Law which states that the Israelites of Old ought to honor their father and their mother. Do you also believe, that Jesus Christ meant that the children of Israel where not to refer to their fathers as such? That would amount to a violation of God's very Law by Jesus Christ, and we know instead that Jesus Christ lived His Life instead in obedience of that Law. undecided

So, no, the context of His teachings is the Kingdom of God ---- Jesus Christ made that clear to all of His followers. So it is not wrong to refer to your earthly father as such. But in the Kingdom of God, as He made clear, you have only one Father, and He is in Heaven whereas all others -- only of those who obey His Law-- are your brothers and your sisters. undecided

Alright let's play the context game.

From the context you have just quoted. It is very evident that Jesus meant "call none of these pharisees your father". See, you are selective in contextualising the scriptures.

Obviously Jesus told them not to call the pharisees father becos they taught lies and not God's command

Bless ur heart
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkiee: 1:12pm On Jan 20, 2023
ublight:
■ Alright let's play the context game.
■From the context you have just quoted. It is very evident that Jesus meant "call none of these pharisees your father". See, you are selective in contextualising the scriptures.
■Obviously Jesus told them not to call the pharisees father becos they taught lies and not God's command
Bless ur heart
Ok, let's play!
1. Think about what you just now claimed. Why would anyone have had reason to refer to the Pharisees as "Father"? They were instead meant to be teachers of the Law ---- even though most of them taught their own doctrines and traditions in place of the law they were meant to teach---- and not fathers over any of the people.. undecided

Jesus Christ was Himself not a teacher of the Old Law and it was not His place to change God's Law, the National Constitution of State of Israel in the Land of Canaan which He also lived under, so why would He have had any reason to ask anyone, in the context of the Old Law, not to refer to the pharisees as "father"? That would have been a direct violation on His part of the same Law which He made clear that He had not come to change- Matthew 5 vs 15 - 17 undecided

Every one of Jesus Christ teachings were not meant to change to Old but instead to establish the New Covenant, God's Law in the Kingdom of God - the context of all of His teachings. undecided

2. I am afraid you are wrong as Jesus Christ instead told His followers not to call any man - whether Pharisees or other man - "father" is the context that is the Kingdom of God over which He reigns. And yes, there are Pharisees in the Kingdom of God --- your many pastors and mogs who teach their own doctrines and traditions instead of God's Law/Gospel ---- and Jesus Christ pointed them out as false teachers and false prophets. undecided
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by ublight: 1:37pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Ok, let's play!
1. Think about what you just now claimed. Why would anyone have had reason to refer to the Pharisees as "Father"? They were instead Teachers of the Law and not fathers over any of the people.. undecided

Jesus Christ was Himself not a teacher of the Old Law and it was not His place to change God's Law, the National Constitution of State of Israel in the Land of Canaan which He also lived under, so why would He have had any reason to ask anyone, in the context of the Old Law, not to refer to the pharisees as "father"? That would have been a direct violation on His part of the same Law which He made clear that He had not come to change- Matthew 5 vs 15 - 17 undecided

Every one of Jesus Christ teachings were not meant to change to Old but instead to establish the New Covenant, God's Law in the Kingdom of God - the context of all of His teachings. undecided

2. I am afraid you are wrong as Jesus Christ instead told His followers not to call any man - whether Pharisees or other man - "father" is the context that is the Kingdom of God over which He reigns. undecided

So jesus will just jump from talking about the pharisees to talking about men in general.

Wow. I have learnt from you
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by ublight: 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Ok, let's play!
1. Think about what you just now claimed. Why would anyone have had reason to refer to the Pharisees as "Father"? They were instead Teachers of the Law and not fathers over any of the people.. undecided

2. I am afraid you are wrong as Jesus Christ instead told His followers not to call any man - whether Pharisees or other man - "father" is the context that is the Kingdom of God over which He reigns. undecided

So who among those Jesus was physically addressing had any reason to call any man father apart from their biological fathers.

Please give me just 1 reference where Jesus's audience called any man father apart from Abraham.

You just want to talk.
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkiee: 1:41pm On Jan 20, 2023
ublight:
■So jesus will just jump from talking about the pharisees to talking about men in general.

Wow. I have learnt from you
And yes, there are Pharisees in the Kingdom of God --- your many pastors and mogs who teach their own doctrines and traditions instead of God's Law/Gospel ---- and Jesus Christ pointed them out as false teachers and false prophets. Throughout the Gospels -- God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God --- Jesus Christ used the pharisees as examples to warn His followers against false teachers and false prophets. undecided
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by ublight: 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
And yes, there are Pharisees in the Kingdom of God --- your many pastors and mogs who teach their own doctrines and traditions instead of God's Law/Gospel ---- and Jesus Christ pointed them out as false teachers and false prophets. Throughout the Gospels -- God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God --- Jesus Christ used the pharisees as examples to warn His followers against false teachers and false prophets. undecided

Hahaha haha. This one don confuse
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkiee: 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2023
ublight:
■ So who among those Jesus was physically addressing had any reason to call any man father apart from their biological fathers.
■ Please give me just 1 reference where Jesus's audience called any man father apart from Abraham.
You just want to talk.
1. Your biological father is of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. So, I I not sure we have any great references given that the Gospels was focused on Jesus Christ instead. There is the mention of man wanting to follow Jesus Christ after he had buried his father, and in response Jesus Christ had said something like, "let the dead bury their own dead." undecided

As for calling Abraham father, Abraham is not a father in the Kingdom of but but on this earth ---- by blood tie-- and so that example works too. undecided
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkiee: 1:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
ublight:
Hahaha haha. This one don confuse
It shouldn't confuse you at all if you understand the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ as presented in the Gospels.. undecided

Jesus Christ warned you of people like the Pharisees who would teach doctrines and traditions of men, lies, using His name. - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 , much like the Pharisees of Old.. undecided
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by ublight: 1:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
From he was talking about the pharisees to he was talking about false prophets to he was using the pharisees to warn....

Hahahaha. I no get strength
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by ublight: 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
It shouldn't confuse you at all if you understand the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ as presented in the Gospels.. undecided

You should be confused if u just stay on the 4 gospels.

The epistles are there to clear your confusion
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkiee: 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2023
ublight:
From he was talking about the pharisees to he was talking about false prophets to he was using the pharisees to warn....

Hahahaha. I no get strength
The Pharisees were false teachers and false prophets of the Old Law. That is what Jesus Christ made known to you in His Gospel. undecided
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkiee: 1:51pm On Jan 20, 2023
ublight:
You should be confused if u just stay on the 4 gospels.

The epistles are there to clear your confusion
I am afraid your confusion is not mine at all. undecided
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by ublight: 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
I am afraid your confusion is not mine at all. undecided

Hahahahahah.

I remember my uncle, once a member of Jehovas wickedness.

After a few hours of debate with me, he changed church ASAP.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
dey play. Just dey play
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by Kobojunkiee: 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2023
ublight:
Hahahahahah.
I remember my uncle, once a member of Jehovas wickedness. After a few hours of debate with me, he changed church ASAP.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
dey play. Just dey play
Well, Churchianism --- whether JW, RCCG, deeper life, and every other sect out there--- has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ as they are instead of the Religion of men -- the doctrines and traditions of men, lies which He warned His followers to steer clear of. undecided

The Pharisees did exactly the same with God's Old Law . Instead of teaching the Law as given by God, they formulated and taught the people doctrines and traditions of their own, replacing God's Law with the religion of men. Yes, God gave to me Law but men fashioned religion instead with which they use to delude and rule over their fellow men with. The religion of men has nothing to do with God. undecided
Re: "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares by ublight: 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Well, Churchianism --- whether JW, RCCG, deeper life, and every other sect out there--- has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ as they are instead of the Religion of men -- the doctrines and traditions of men, lies which He warned His followers to steer clear of. undecided

The Pharisees did exactly the same with God's Old Law . Instead of teaching the Law as given by God, they formulated and taught the people doctrines and traditions of their own, replacing God's Law with the religion of men. Yes, God gave to me Law but men fashioned religion instead with which they use to delude and rule over their fellow men with. The religion of men has nothing to do with God. undecided

OK since your own is the doctrine of jesus himself, l dub u the elder brother of the Holy spirit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Catholics Really Know Who What And Why They Worship (pictures) / "Leave This Place" Jesus Told A Man IN Hajj / Atheism : The Actual Fulfillment Of This Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.