Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

$24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody (1496 Views)

Shehu Sani Speaks On Drugs Smuggling In Saudi Arabia & 'Execution Penalty' / Afcta: Senator Sani Speaks On Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Agreement / APC Crisis: Shehu Sani Speaks On Being Part Of Plot To Impeach Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Kwanza: 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
A former senator, Shehu Sani Friday morning spoke for the first from the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the $24,000 bribery allegation levelled against him.

Sani who has been in the commission’s custody for alleged extortion of $24,000 from the Chairman of ASD Motors, Alhaji Sani Dauda, said the allegation was, “baseless, factless, unfounded, hollow and unsubstantial.”

Through a WhatsApp message sent to our correspondent, the former lawmaker alleged that Alhaji Sani Dauda was sponsored to ” tarnish his reputation and mute him.”

The message reads:

"It is a scripted stream of mischievous concoctions and utter fabrications using a puppet state agent; all aimed at splashing feaces and mud on me. ”

The extortion allegation is nothing but a wholesale falsehood, packaged in a phantom anti-graft facade to taint, stain and mute me. That shall never happen if I am alive. ”

I have made my statement and provided all my facts against their package of lies and I demand the EFCC to make public all the sheets of our statements and supporting documents for the world to see. ”

My detention is unfair, unjust, prearranged and politically motivated. ”

Alhaji Sani Dauda and his hidden sponsors have not been able to provide any proof of their allegations. I’m unjustly incarcerated on the ground of an arranged two page petition backed with no evidential or documentary proof. ”

Fascism thrives in frame up of its critics. They claim extortion and here they are closing my bank accounts, searching my houses and offices and demanding I declare my assets of which I have already done that at the CCB last year when I left the senate. ”

Frame up cannot silence me!!! I have never ever met with the CJN or any judge or judges or ever called directly or indirectly to offer to give or to give directly or indirectly any form of gratification from Alhaji Sani Dauda ”

I have never ever discussed with ASD on any form of bribe or gratification to be given to any judge or any EFCC official.

” The bribe story is phantom, the bribe story is a fake, imaginative work of fiction, cruelly crafted to smear me, to frame me and to justify my persecution. ”

The bribe story is a heap of blatant lies and outright falsehood concocted and fabricated, using a front and the EFCC to premiere a state drama ”

ASD is a barely educated front for a state mission. Criminalizing me or “framing me” will not silence me, bend me or compromise me.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/24000-bribery-allegation-shehu-sani-speaks-from-efcc-custody.html
Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by maynation(f): 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
The witch hunting is real.

1 Like

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by TooMuchStuff: 12:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
cry

I feel you...!

I know what Tyrants are capable of doing

1 Like

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Xisnin(m): 12:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
I am disappointed because you omitted an important detail.
Did you collect $24,0000 from ASD?

I agree that you don't know the CJN or EFCC's Magu to help anyone escape justice.
But your first response should have been to clear the air on the money itself?
Did money exchanged hands or not?

1 Like

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Gandollar(f): 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
Xisnin:
I am disappointed because you omitted an important detail.
Did you collect $24,0000 from ASD?

I agree that you don't know the CJN or EFCC's Magu to help anyone escape justice.
But your first response should have been to clear the air on the money itself?
Did money exchanged hands or not?
And if he did that warrants an unjust incarceration?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by inoki247: 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
If truly they've a case why can't they take him to court diz country sef person wey dem Video say e colet bribe get mouth pass person wey dem just use ordinary mouth accuse without any evidence..

2 Likes

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Xisnin(m): 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
Gandollar:
And if he did that warrants an unjust incarceration?
His incarceration is totally legal.
He can challenge it by appealing the lower court judgment.
"Unjust" is meaningless in matters of law and even subjective in general usage..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by festacman(m): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2020
In the absence of any other documentary evidence, why is EFCC not using phone communication records between the accuser and the accused to resolve this issue. In this digital age, there is no way any transaction would have taken place without some phone discussions taking place around the period of the transaction.

EFCC should wrap this case up fast as its handling is looking amateurish already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Mahsums: 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
Scammer
Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by ivandragon: 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2020
Nigerians do not yet know the calamity that is about to befall them...
Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Gandollar(f): 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
Xisnin:

Is incarceration is totally legal.
He can challenge it by appealing the lower court judgment.
"Unjust" is meaningless in matters of law and even subjective in general usage..
I will assume you are just kidding in the manner of BMC here.
This is because I know you are knowledgeable but due to parochial interest would turn logic on its head.

Therefore I will not bother with you
Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by APCNig: 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
ivandragon:
Nigerians do not yet know the calamity that is about to befall them...

Calamity that is about to befall you, you mean.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Xisnin(m): 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
Gandollar:
I will assume you are just kidding in the manner of BMC here.
This is because I know you are knowledgeable but due to parochial interest would turn logic on its head.

Therefore I will not bother with you
You shouldn't have mentioned me in the first place.
I only engage reasonable people.
The court granted EFCC the leave to detain him for 2 weeks.
Here you are talking about "unjust" as if it has any meaning.
Next!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Xisnin(m): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
festacman:
In the absence of any other documentary evidence, why is EFCC not using phone communication records between the accuser and the accused to resolve this issue. In this digital age, there is no way any transaction would have taken place without some phone discussions taking place around the period of the transaction.

EFCC should wrap this case up fast as its handling is looking amateurish already.
There are 2 possibilities here.
EFCC has lost the case before it begins but just want to teach Sanni a lesson by unnecessarily detaining him
for the 2 weeks order granted by the court.

Or the phone records are inconclusive.

If it is the former, I expect Sanni to sue EFCC after getting out.
Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Gandollar(f): 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
Xisnin:

Next!
You and your ilks should continue in ignonominy till the roof caves on you lot.

I wonder who will issue buhhari the next threat. Hiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Gandollar(f): 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
Xisnin:

There are 2 possibilities here.
EFCC has lost the case before it begins but just want to teach Sanni a lesson by unnecessarily detaining him
for the 2 weeks order granted by the court.

Or the phone records are inconclusive.

If it is the former, I expect Sanni to sue EFCC after getting out.
Imagine! Efcc just wants to teach him a lesson by unnecessarily detaining him..

Zoo republic!

Teach him a lesson for exposing corruption in the presidency.

There's a reason why buhari supporters are called zombies I swear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Wallade(m): 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2020
Xisnin:

Next!

"Unjust" meaning: not based on or behaving according to what is morally right and fair; Not fair; characterized by injustice : UNFAIR
2archaic : DISHONEST, FAITHLESS.

See
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unjust://www.google.com/amp/s/dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/unjust

2 Likes

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by naijaguy123456(m): 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
This is looking like persecution from APC, unfair.

2 Likes

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Xisnin(m): 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
Wallade:

"Unjust" meaning: not based on or behaving according to what is morally right and fair; Not fair; characterized by injustice : UNFAIR
2archaic : DISHONEST, FAITHLESS.

See
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unjust://www.google.com/amp/s/dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/unjust
I still maintain that "unjust" is meaningless in context of the law.
The courts remanded Sanni, he should appeal if he doesn't like it.
Who determines what is just or unjust?
Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Xisnin(m): 6:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
Gandollar:
Imagine! Efcc just wants to teach him a lesson by unnecessarily detaining him..

Zoo republic!

Teach him a lesson for exposing corruption in the presidency.

There's a reason why buhari supporters are called zombies I swear
Never quote me again.
I am irritated by foolishness.

1 Like

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Wallade(m): 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
Xisnin:

I still maintain that "unjust" is meaningless in context of the law.
The courts remanded Sanni, he should appeal if he doesn't like it.
Who determines what is just or unjust?

Law is about equity, fairness and justice. Just conotes justice so when cases are declared unjust, it indicates injustice. My point to you is that unjust isn't meaningless in the context of law.

1 Like

Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Gandollar(f): 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
Xisnin:

Never quote me again.
I am irritated by foolishness.
You are a disgrace to foolish people!!
Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by Xisnin(m): 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
Wallade:

Law is about equity, fairness and justice. Just conotes justice so when cases are declared unjust, it indicates injustice. My point to you is that unjust isn't meaningless in the context of law.

You keep dodging the most important question.
Look at the bold. Answer it this time.

Who has the right to declare a case unjust?
Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by futuregovernor: 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
[quote author=Mahsums post=85674807]Scammer[/quotebig scammer]
Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by futuregovernor: 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
APC is an evil party
Re: $24,000 Bribery Allegation: Shehu Sani speaks from EFCC custody by ivandragon: 10:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
APCNig:

Calamity that is about to befall you, you mean.

Done?

You can crawl back into your cesspool of cluelessness...

(1) (Reply)

PDP Reacts As Maiduguri Residents Boo Buhari Over Killings / IPOB To Setup Biafra Economic Team As Nigeria Collapse Seems Imminent / BBNaija: “DJ Switch Kept My Family Dancing For 2 Hours Nonstop” – Gov. Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.