Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online (98030 Views)

Lady Commits Suicide Because Of Her Loveless Marriage / Babcock Student, Susan, Attempts Suicide Because Of Boyfriend, Jumps From Hostel / 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
Hell has enlarged her mouth and them that walketh in carnality are descending into it to receive an unexplainable torture that shall be forever and ever.
Nairalanders as una dey comment please don't forget to seek Jesus and believe in Him and obtain salvation which is power to live a holy and righteous life so at the end you may escape the Wrath of God.
Please I beg of you guys in Christ's name.
No god is torturing anyone for taking his or her life unless your own god who is apparently evil, wicked, and heartless
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by drakeli: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
If you live for the applause of men. You will die of their silence.

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Dozie32(m): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
tstx:
Oyibo already did a study on social media... And they found out that it spending so much time on it increases depression' but because people rarely read educative articles very few people know about the dangers of social media.. ...

May her soul rest in peace

You can read the study below

Spending Too Much Time On Social Media Increases Depression and Loneliness, Study Finds

Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Akuruoulo(m): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
thank God she killed herself.

out of trillions of problems we have , at least one is solved..

We say no to useless people this 2020

3 Likes

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Liposure: 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
midnighter:

Hahaha cheesy come and diagnose me o, arrogant quack like you hahaha
hmmm, iron lady. Always active n brave. Neva afraid 2 voice her opinion
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by chival(f): 7:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
Kingosytex:
Just because of some useless and worthless instagram likes.

What on earth is she gonna tell her creator?

Some folks on Nairaland can do same, judging by the way some struggle for the first to comment stuff as if their lives revolve around that.

Ndi ara na ata guava!!!!

Laughing hysterically at your last line. Nairaland!
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
GloriaNinja:
SHE WILL CONTINUE TO SEEK FOR IT IN HELL
No god is gonna send her to hell. God is not as wicked as some of you think him to be. This girl was mentally ill and it led to her death. Suicide is also a symptom of mental illness if left untreated. God torturing her is akin to a father torturing his daughter for dying from a illness he the had financial strength to cure but chose not to.
I hope that made sense
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Btruth: 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
Kingosytex:
Just because of some useless and worthless instagram likes.

What on earth is she gonna tell her creator?

Some folks on Nairaland can do same, judging by the way some struggle for the first to comment stuff as if their lives revolve around that.

Ndi ara na ata guava!!!!
you are very right. As if LIKES will bring foods to their table.
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by 77up(m): 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
Just when I thought this low self esteem is limited to Africa, imagine this beautiful girl killed herself for like sad

Now I understand the hustle for like even here on nairaland smiley . Henceforth,I will be glad to click like anytime I see like for Tonto , share for chuchil to avoid another hanging news grin
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by GuntersChain(m): 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
Na audio why u wan kill urself
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by tonysunkan: 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
So, the mother was blaming the social media. No, madam. She should blame herself for offering poor guidance.

1 Like

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by odinga1of: 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
Crazy girl, low self esteem.

She for contact Tunde Ednut or Speed Darlington they will make her popular on the gram.

1 Like

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by maasoap(m): 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
Octopusssy:

Herein lies the tragedy of social media. People think they can just say all manner of terrible things to other people because it isn't face-to-face, forgetting that not everyone is emotionally equipped to handle abuse. Nairaland is a typical example of a place where you can just run your filthy mouth at anybody. To cope here (NL) you must have a thick skin otherwise you will just go and drink sniper (this, of course is based on the assumption you have no life offline like this poor girl.

Trolls should understand that mean words can drive weak people to harm themselves, and then when karma comes knocking you will blame one innocent mama minding her business in the village. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

Check this out from one Nairalander to another:

Another sign that you must have hit your head on the floor from your mother's back as a baby.

I had to reply to that post
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by maasoap(m): 7:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
77up:
Just when I thought this low self esteem is limited to Africa, imagine this beautiful girl killed herself for like sad

Now I understand the hustle for like even here on nairaland smiley . Henceforth,I will be glad to click like anytime I see like for Tonto , share for chuchil to avoid another hanging news grin

That girl failed to realise one thing: that people sometimes hurt you to feel better about themselves because they themselves knew that they're below your standard. One just has to be smart to see through them.

2 Likes

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by bluefilm: 7:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
maasoap:

That girl failed to realise one thing: that people sometimes hurt you to feel better about themselves because they themselves knew that you they're below your standard. One just has to be smart to see through them.

True wordz...
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Abusadiq01(m): 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
I just dey observe
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Ndipe(m): 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2020
Heard/read that Instagram is planning on disabling their "like" button in certain parts of the world and I support it.
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by aalangel(f): 8:06pm On Jan 10, 2020
Reason why instagram wants to stop the likes.
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by airminem(f): 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
People commit suicide daily with SNIPER in AFRICA WESTSIDE grin
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by bizhop01: 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
Another fish brain out there
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Chidave9(m): 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
Sho make she die na
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by osazsky(m): 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
Depression rip
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by chizzyglow: 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
Octopusssy:

Herein lies the tragedy of social media. People think they can just say all manner of terrible things to other people because it isn't face-to-face, forgetting that not everyone is emotionally equipped to handle abuse. Nairaland is a typical example of a place where you can just run your filthy mouth at anybody. To cope here (NL) you must have a thick skin otherwise you will just go and drink sniper (this, of course is based on the assumption you have no life offline like this poor girl.)

Trolls should understand that mean words can drive weak people to harm themselves, and then when karma comes knocking you will blame one innocent mama minding her business in the village. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

Don't get too addicted to social media. Log off once in a while and GET A LIFE. If you are introverted find other activities that can help you mentally and intellectually grow without negatively affecting your social skills, otherwise you will implode, much like Chloe Davison.

I swear you talk fact... keyboard warriors everywhere always saying trash.
Nothing positive always

1 Like

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by ityP(m): 8:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
Akuruoulo:
thank God she killed herself.

out of trillions of problems we have , at least one is solved..

We say no to useless people this 2020

Aswear. Stupid people like her type should just go as well. The less stupid people we have on earth, the better
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by francisMKD(m): 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2020
muuuu ..... muu!! ��
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by PapaAdanna: 8:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
Let her come back and DIE again

Onye ara
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by ityP(m): 8:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
If na my pikin, i go flog her corpse 20 strokes of the cane. To give birth to such a very useless daughter is a mistake her parents would forever be pained over. May God not gimme such an akamu filled brain of a daughter
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by ofem89(m): 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
but people should have just save this girl's life by advising her to go for other things rather than disliking her. you know how women carry this beauty of a thing as if their life's depends on beauty. but never the less she lacks godly upbringing.
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Insectkiller: 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
Na wa oo..
Wasted Congo/pishishi..

Chai!

She made a big mistake..she should have followed or added or tagged a Nigerian..

She would have been getting pleasant messages every morning from admirers from Nigeria..

Naija people knows how to praise a girl.

Infact, Nigerians are great fantasizer..

cool grin
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Scamperlee(m): 9:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
Spirit of social media
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
Angelfrost:
Really??! Useless??! That's the best you have to put up??!... What about the more useless parents who knew the unstable and fragile psychology of their young child, and failed to take proper rehabilitative steps to build her up and ensure she was on the right track??!...

yes you are right, the parents have a part to play here....but nevertheless that person who kill herself because of social media like is indeed very useless ...(imho)

I could have been like this young lady a decade ago... You put great contents online (Not just pictures) yet fail to get the recognition you feel they are worth. It takes a mentally strong person with good self esteem and focus to be unmoved, unperturbed, and move on.

yes it aint easy to put out valid content that will have people send you millions of likes (aka earn great amount of money) but just like any endeavor in life, when you fail, you get back up, dust yourself off and try again.... its never too late or over. killing yourself because you have failed at anything in life is IMHO the most useless thing you can do in this world.

Social media will continue to be the undoing of the jobless, and psychologically fragile.... It's a pity... A bigger pity that we underestimate the power social media holds over young people today.

i have a complete different view about social media.... the world is really fukced up thanks to it and the likes of Kim K etc.. people should understand its power and dangerous nature, before trying to get involved in it. people dont value friendship any longer, dont value life any longer, dont value physical contact any longer. many fukced up people out there who have millions of friends on social media (thanks to the content they put out) yet NO friends in real life.

SirKomA:
A simple "RIP" would have been nice of you. Must we know on here how bitter minded of a person you are? At least we know the teenager's only problem was low self-esteem, but trust me yours is bitter esteem. People like you would rather watch someone die than render help to have called a dead teenager a "useless pikin" simply because they lack self esteem.
Let's make the world a place of happiness , we all Can't be strong and have high self esteem. Hence, Be mindful of what you say to others, cos words atimes, have strong influence on some people.

rip to the teenager! My warm condolences to her mom and sis!

Soft!

whether dead or not, i am fully against what she did and will ALWAYS stand against deluded useless people who would rather commit suicide and escape, not thinking of the hurt/pain/sadness that they will bring to their family.....this is what i think, you may accept it or you dont, its still my opinion.
have a fantastic day!
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by foreverfavoured(f): 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
All she needed was a little guidance in the right direction....and a mature confidant by her side

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Police Officer Beheaded And Burnt In Anambra By Hoodlums (Graphic Pix) / Yahaya Aminu Sharif Sentenced To Death For Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad / 3 Friends Slept With A Teenager In Lagos And Filmed It (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.