Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online (98061 Views)

Lady Commits Suicide Because Of Her Loveless Marriage / Babcock Student, Susan, Attempts Suicide Because Of Boyfriend, Jumps From Hostel / 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by YorubaAmaka(m): 9:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
Akuruoulo:
thank God she killed herself.

out of trillions of problems we have , at least one is solved..

We say no to useless people this 2020
hmmm
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by GMbuharii: 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
Kingsytex:
Just because of some useless and worthless instagram likes.

What on earth is she gonna tell her creator?

Some coneheaded structures and mining industrialists on Nairaland like helinues afamed yorubahero12 yorubaking can do same, judging by the way they have appointed themselves as deeply concerned ministers of Igbo affairs, busying their lives about Kanu this,Kanu that....

Ndi ara na ata guava!!!! Biko,keikwanu, lzaa?

grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by YorubaAmaka(m): 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
Akuruoulo:
thank God she killed herself.

out of trillions of problems we have , at least one is solved..

We say no to useless people this 2020
human beings

1 Like

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by ladipooluwafemi(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
[color=#000000][/color]
bigmoney88:
A teenage girl who was addicted to social media ended her life after she failed to get enough “likes” on her photos.

Chloe Davison, 19, was an aspiring model who relied on social media to feel good about herself, according to her older sister Jade.

“She thought she wasn’t good enough unless she was getting loads of likes and comments,” her 20-year-old sister said.

The selfie-loving teen hanged(hung)
herself in her bedroom moments after she had been active on social media.

After the girl started using social media several year ago, “all she would talk about was how many likes she got,” her mum Clair Reynolds, 44, said.

“She was addicted to apps like Instagram and Snapchat,” said family friend Nick Coombs, 55, who had known Chloe since she was young.

“She would spend hours taking the perfect photo, but would delete it later if it didn’t get popular enough,” Coombs added.

Chloe struggled socially at school and rarely went out with friends, instead staying indoors and taking pictures of herself for social media.

The pretty 19-year-old was often targeted by online trolls who would send her nasty messages and mocked her appearance.

“Chloe was crying many nights because someone had said something horrible about her online,” her older sister Jade Davison told the news.

On Friday night, Chloe’s mum and sister returned home from a bar around 11:30pm, and found the teenager hanging in her bedroom.

Chloe had been taking selfies moments before she killed herself, according to Nick Coombs, 55, who was at the house when the brunette was found dead.

“When we took her body down, her hair and makeup were still perfect,” Coombs said. “She was wearing some new lingerie that she’d been excited to model.”

The girl’s mum, Clair Reynolds, said she blamed social media for what happened. “Social media took over Chloe’s life, whether that be Snapchat or Facebook.”

She added: “Chloe was beautiful, but she didn’t see that. She cared too much about how other people saw her.”

Coombs said that too many people felt they could say whatever they wanted to the attractive teen because it wasn't face-to-face.

“She’d get hundreds of messages each day, mostly men asking her for sexual stuff,” Coombs said. “Sometimes they were nice, but other times they told Chloe they wanted to hurt her.”

Both adults agreed that the girl had low self-esteem and relied on social media for reassurance.

The 19-year-old had thousands of social media followers when she killed herself.

Sources:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10705211/social-media-obsessed-death-durham-sister-tribute

See below photos of Chloe Davison.
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by ladipooluwafemi(m): 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
Hung not hanged
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Akuruoulo(m): 9:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
ityP:

Aswear. Stupid people like her type should just go as well. The less stupid people we have on earth, the better

No mind those people quoting me , and be doing """hmmm"""

1 Like

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Akuruoulo(m): 9:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
YorubaAmaka:
hmmm

Why hmmmmming me ?

NA ME BE STUPIDITY WEY KILL AM ?
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Akuruoulo(m): 10:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
YorubaAmaka:
human beings
WHO ?
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by YorubaAmaka(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
Akuruoulo:

Why hmmmmming me ?

NA ME BE STUPIDITY WEY KILL AM ?
why did you use capital letter in the first place
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by YorubaAmaka(m): 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
Akuruoulo:

WHO ?
By their fruit we shall know them
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Akuruoulo(m): 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
YorubaAmaka:
By their fruit we shall know them

guy , go and sleep . U need attention , and u seriously WON'T get it from me.
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2020
Social media wahala. RIP girl.
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by YorubaAmaka(m): 10:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
Akuruoulo:

guy , go and sleep . U need attention , and u seriously WON'T get it from me.
Lol, wonders shall never end

So if I need attention as you said, do you think you're the one that will give it to me
If I need attention I know where to get it, BYE
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
Aiyayai whew Another One Bites The Dust
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Goalnaldo(m): 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
The thing can feel someone sha. I have 1k plus followers on Twitter but when I post I get no or very few engagement. But I can't kill myself. I will just drink water, take many seats and move on.
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
ladipooluwafemi:
Hung not hanged
It could be hung or hanged if you've read Oliver Twist or all these old British books they always say "He shall be hanged till death" so?
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by dadarasak(m): 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
milemimi93:
I bet she will get more likes now on those platforms. Even her worst pictures would get nothing less than 1m likes and 5m comments. We only value what we lost.
Did anyone owe her ❤️� and comment?
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Goalnaldo(m): 10:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
And her mother that was supposed to be by side was busy dancing "parte after parte" in the club undecided
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by LZAA: 10:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
Kingosytex:
Just because of some useless and worthless instagram likes.

What on earth is she gonna tell her creator?

Some folks on Nairaland can do same, judging by the way some struggle for the first to comment stuff as if their lives revolve around that.

Ndi ara na ata guava!!!!
Afamed especially
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by mikibash: 10:42pm On Jan 10, 2020
Better sexy girl like this. If only she lived in d real world she would know likes no reach to live life
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by OmoOshodi(m): 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
She can't survive 1 day on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by cococandy(f): 10:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
The pretty 19-year-old was often targeted by online trolls who would send her nasty messages and mocked her appearance.

“Chloe was crying many nights because someone had said something horrible about her online,” her older sister Jade Davison told the news

Wrong title. she killed herself because of social media bullying

3 Likes

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Acidosis(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
My God! So lack of social media validation has become another valid reason to commit suicide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Utumax(m): 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
Rip to her.
Her village people didn't allow her to blow
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
Me that get 10likes, abi should I end it. lmao cheesy
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by hotdealz(m): 12:00am On Jan 11, 2020
Likes na food?
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Chrisus(m): 12:22am On Jan 11, 2020
She was depressed. So sad it had to get the better of her
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Walkingkilo(m): 1:32am On Jan 11, 2020
Why she gotta let that pussy go to waste?
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by koolaid87: 1:51am On Jan 11, 2020
She chickened out
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by witworth(m): 6:07am On Jan 11, 2020
No peace for the foolish ones
So no R.I.P
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 11, 2020
Stupid and worthless mother
Re: Chloe Davison Commits Suicide Because She Wasn’t Getting Enough Likes Online by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 11, 2020
KevMitnick:
Low self esteem... Hmmm. undecided

Typical of our ladies..
Any girl, lady, woman thats come to social network to praise her beauty, admire her size/body is really sick.
If you love your beauty, size. shape and admire urself by urself and not give a Bleep abt wht ppl say.
Not all these; i am the most beautiful, sexy, i love my size, shape, slim girl rocks, black are beatiful and with a twinkle of an eye they will bleach, go to workout, starting wearing stuff to bringout their curv..
#spits

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

3 Friends Slept With A Teenager In Lagos And Filmed It (Photo) / Yahaya Aminu Sharif Sentenced To Death For Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad / Olumide Ayeni's Corpse, Killed By Damilola Ayeni, His Wife In Lagos (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.