Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

What Defines An "mog"? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Defines An "mog"? (5078 Views)

SCOAN Building Collapse: What Nigerians Would Have Been Saying If MOG Died In It / How To Catch Fake Mog's Who Speak In Tongues (8+2) / Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Defines An "mog"? by eyzhvntsn: 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2010
@ bros Nuclearity, i dey salute.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by nuclearboy(m): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2010
^^ Aunty:

Thanks a milllion. Aside from making my day by saying hi, you just provided an option for a username if the WIMPS get the mods to believe I deliberately showed Jo-boy up. All of dem together no complete one anyway.

NUCLEARITY - I absolutely love it.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by InesQor(m): 8:11pm On Dec 06, 2010
And in case someone wants to say its just the NIV, here is the Amplifed, the KJV and the Message

Galatians 2:11
But when Cephas (Peter) came to Antioch, I protested and opposed him to his face [concerning his conduct there], for he was blameable and stood condemned.

11But when Cephas (Peter) came to Antioch, I protested and opposed him to his face [concerning his conduct there], for he was blameable and stood condemned.

11But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

11-13Later, when Peter came to Antioch, I had a face-to-face confrontation with him because he was clearly out of line. Here's the situation. Earlier, before certain persons had come from James, Peter regularly ate with the non-Jews. But when that conservative group came from Jerusalem, he cautiously pulled back and put as much distance as he could manage between himself and his non-Jewish friends. That's how fearful he was of the conservative Jewish clique that's been pushing the old system of circumcision. Unfortunately, the rest of the Jews in the Antioch church joined in that hypocrisy so that even Barnabas was swept along in the charade.

Unfortunately, this is rather too familiar to the high-horse attitude that the MOGs have today. Associate with the poor and disadvantaged? NOT ON YOUR LIFE! Thank God for Paul that day, then.

No one is too MOG'ed to be wrong, to be corrected, or to sin.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by InesQor(m): 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2010
eyzhvntsn:

SHOW OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah yeah. What's the big deal? That's my phone and I love it to bits, and many times im too shy to bring it out cos. . . hehehe its seriously worse for wear  grin

Nuclearboy knows why I said what I said. Twas him I spoke to!
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by eyzhvntsn: 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2010
smiley
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by nuclearboy(m): 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2010
^^ Dude will tell you Paul and Peter were both "Apostles" and had the calling. Since our names are not in the Bible (I suppose chris is there as Christ), we have no right especially when it comes to Naira, Dollars and Pounds - those are reserved for MOGs
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by InesQor(m): 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2010
grin Nuclearity shey? Awww  cool

*sits down to sip some lemonade, keenly watching eyzhvntsn and nuclearboy, humming "Can't you see. . . the Love tonight? grin cool?!!!"*

Oh boy I don dey derail thread o.

*Exits*
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by eyzhvntsn: 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2010
@Nuclear
I thought dude said Paul was a pastor?

Copyright JoAgbaje:

The pastor feeds the sheep. He is a gift to them . To perfect them .

Ephesians 4:11-12
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Paul's ministry didn't just cover Christian service. He was involved in their day to day activities. He dealth with their attitude at work, duty to government, civil activities, business. marital affairs, sex and abstiness, Health, the home, raising kids, etc.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by Joagbaje(m): 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2010
@Enigma and InesQor
Enigma:

Question: to whom does the passage below apply ----

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works

every Christian or just some "specially anointed" ones?

The use of the word  "Man Of God" refers to a minister and not everybody  . Paul was writing to Timothy,  the question is  who was Timothy ? He was a pastor sent to Ephesus. And the book is called a pastoral epistle. Even though the verse may be applied to all in  a generic sense but it primarily refers to the pastor Timothy. who was to correct and instruct in righteousness.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by nuclearboy(m): 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2010
shocked shocked shocked raised to the power of Wonderment! See as persin dey change God Word because of Naira. So every scripture is given to ministers ALONE!  shocked No wonder the book of erRORs was manifested - these people don't even care anymore. They are so sure of their newmumus that they can say anything and get away with it. Bondage confirmed.

@eyzhvntsn

[size=5pt]What I wouldn't give to be able to spell this your username without copying it. Wonder if the Gray isn't moving from outside to inside nowadays[/size]

FYI, Paul was Apostle, Pastor, Prophet, even Primate. Did you forget we are under "Pauls dispensation as Apostle to the Gentiles and salvation has been withdrawn from the Jewsangry angry Please don't annoy the MOG. He has recently told us his anointing can kill O.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by eyzhvntsn: 8:38pm On Dec 06, 2010
@Oga Jo sir,

May I just ask, if that verse applied to timothy in particular as a 'Man of God' who as u say was to correct and instruct in righteousness (as a pastor right?) then who is to be made perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works? since this scripture was given to him in particular as a pastor 'man of God'
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by Joagbaje(m): 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2010
I don't discuss with mockers, if you guys want to do mockery, you can go ahead. I will come back when you are ready for a real bible discussion.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by eyzhvntsn: 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2010
@ nuclear, just take the vowels out of eyezhavenotseen. lol
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by InesQor(m): 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2010
Joagbaje:

@Enigma and InesQor
The use of the word  "Man Of God" refers to a minister and not everybody  . Paul was writing to Timothy,  the question is  who was Timothy ? He was a pastor sent to Ephesus. And the book is called a pastoral epistle. Even though the verse may be applied to all in  a generic sense but it primarily refers to the pastor Timothy. who was to correct and instruct in righteousness.

I was rather waiting for this. I told you I used to teach the same things so I knew what you would say next, like a chess game.

The post above is very circular in reasoning considering the context. The context DOES NOT mean Man of God applies only to Pastors. Come on!

Check: The first time Man of God shows up in the Bible, it was for Moses, a prophet. Every other time in the OT, it was also for someone who SPOKE FOR God. In those OT days, people had to speak for God. But nowadays, we live for God, our lives do the speaking.

This is why in the New Testament, Man of God appears only TWICE unlike the OT where it is like 78 times. Now Joagbaje wants us to believe it applied only to Timothy for being a pastor. This is a terrible lie because the other occurence is just like the Moses or any other person who lived and spoke for God. i.e. was separated for God, which was a type [/b]of the Christian in the NEw Testament.

Here is the other occurrence

1 Timothy 6:10-11
[b]For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. [size=18pt]But you, man of God, flee from all this[/size], and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.

Wow. Oh the irony. Rather than flee, the so-called men of God today seek it actively

THIS is the REAL definition of a MAN OF GOD! Someone who lives for God and not wandering from the faith for the love of money. This is the definition of a Christian. Every Christian!!!

Whoopla!
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by InesQor(m): 8:48pm On Dec 06, 2010
You can cross-check all other Man of God instances in the OT. I just did a quick search. Now come and tell us what it REALLY means.

Deut. 23:1.
Josh. 14:6.
Judg. 13:6, 8.
1Sam. 2:27.
1Sam. 9:6, 7, 8, 10.
1Kings 12:22.
1Kings 13:1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 14, 21, 26, 29, 31.
1Kings 17:18, 24.
1Kings 20:28.
2Kings 1:9, 10, 11, 12, 13.
2Kings 4:7, 9, 16, 21, 22, 25, 25, 27, 27, 40, 42.
2Kings 5:8, 14, 15, 20.
2Kings 6:6, 9, 10, 15.
2Kings 7:2, 17, 18, 19.
2Kings 8:2, 4, 7, 8, 11.
2Kings 13:19.
2Kings 23:16, 17.
1Chron. 23:14.
2Chron. 8:14.
2Chron. 11:2.
2Chron. 25:7, 9, 9.
2Chron. 30:16.
Ezek. 3:2, 2.
Neh. 12:24, 36.
Ps. 90, title.
Jer. 35:4.

FOr real, the same meaning has been carried over into the NT i.e. someone who lives and thus speaks for God (their lives speak for God) and the person lives in an abstentious manner (not indulging in the earthly pleasures) for the sake of preserving their faith. That's all!

ANd that's the definition of the Christian! No gainsaying that!!
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by Joagbaje(m): 8:49pm On Dec 06, 2010
eyzhvntsn:

@Oga Jo sir,

May I just ask, if that verse applied to timothy in particular as a 'Man of God' who as u say was to correct and instruct in righteousness (as a pastor right?) then who is to be made perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works? since this scripture was given to him in particular as a pastor 'man of God'

I didn't see you post before I sent my last post. The book of timothy was a personal letter to Timothy who was the head of the church at Ephesus then. It was Timothy Paul was referring to as "MAN OF GOD" . There should be no debate. Everywhere in scripture where the phrase had been used , it always refers to the minister. And not the congregation.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by eyzhvntsn: 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2010
Tx for the reply, but my question was if the verse was to timothy as a pastor who was to correct and instruct in righteousness as u put it, and he is also the one primarily referred to as 'man of God' then how do u tie both verses together or was timothy to instruct and correct himself?
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by nuclearboy(m): 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2010
At times like this, the man worshippers disappear - even them have enough shame to keep away and ignore such as the above. I wish Image123 was around here to tell us about poison laminated and displayed.

How do you answer such unrepentant wickedness? Is it even possible to answer what is so blatantly obviously a deliberate lie from Satan's own mouth? So only pastors etc should strive to be perfect, and furnished to good works. And with 1 Tim 6 as stated above, only them ought strive for righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Other christians can do whatever? ? ?

And we complain the society is turning Atheist. Why shouldn't it with these being the face of Christianity? Satan lives/sleeps/eats at the altar of these people's lives.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by InesQor(m): 8:54pm On Dec 06, 2010
Joagbaje:

It was Timothy Paul was referring to as "MAN OF GOD" . There should be no debate. Everywhere in scripture where the phrase had been used , it always refers to the minister. And not the congregation.

Please provide evidence for the above statement. As far as I know, that phrase only appears twice in Timothy, nowhere else in the NT.

And there is no reference to an exclusivity BECAUSE he is a pastor.

Okay, so what do you make of this? 1 Timothy 4:12
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Let us say, for the sake of argument, that Timothy was the [b]ONLY [/b]MOG at Ephesus. Being an example to the believers, what does that make those believers?

eyzhvntsn:

Tx for the reply, but my question was if the verse was to timothy as a pastor who was to correct and instruct in righteousness as u put it, and he is also the one primarily referred to as 'man of God' then how do u tie both verses together or was timothy to instruct and correct himself?

Just as I was posting this, eyzhvntsn's post came in, saying the EXACT same thing from another angle.

Won't you pause to consider that you just might be wrong?
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by Joagbaje(m): 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2010
InesQor:

Quote from: Joagbaje on Today at 08:49:15 PM
It was Timothy Paul was referring to as "MAN OF GOD" . There should be no debate. Everywhere in scripture where the phrase had been used , it always refers to the minister. And not the congregation.

Please provide evidence for the above statement. As far as I know, that phrase only appears twice in Timothy, nowhere else in the NT.

Deuteronomy 33:1
Chapter 33 
1 And this[ is] the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God [/b]blessed the [b]children of Israel before his death.

1 Samuel 2:27
27 And there came a man of God unto Eli, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Did I plainly appear unto the house of thy father, when they were in Egypt in Pharaoh's house?

1 Samuel 9:6
6 And he said unto him, Behold now,[ there is] in this city a man of God, and[ he is] an honourable man; all that he saith cometh surely to pass: now let us go thither; peradventure he can shew us our way that we should go.

1 Kings 12:22
22 But the word of God came unto Shemaiah the man of God, saying,

1 Timothy 6:11
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 

This is just few out of hundred scriptures. The phrase "MAN OF GOD" is exclusively used only for ministers and not the congregation. The congregation could be called SONS OF GOD or CHILDREN OF GOD. We don't need to go in circles over this little matter.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by ogajim(m): 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2010
"MOG" worship is the new IDOLATRY pure and simple.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by Joagbaje(m): 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2010
@ eyzhvntsn
eyzhvntsn:

It is for him to use the scriptures to correct others and furnish himself also as a minister and as a Christian too.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by InesQor(m): 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2010
Joagbaje

Your post above hardly helps. I ALREADY said it is 2ce in d New Testament and other 78 times in the old testament. You claimed it applies to ministers. You have turned the double instance of timothy into a rule. Okay give me verses, you start quoting the OT. Is it just me or you didnt understand me at all? An MOG in the OT was the guy who lives and speaks for God. Today that is every Christian. Period!

And as for infallible MOGs, have you forgotten the "prophet" who fell into the hands or is it jaws of lions for daring to prove he is an MOG?
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by newmi(m): 11:22pm On Dec 06, 2010
The term "Man of God" isn't something particular is any sense to today's contemporary church it has always been a part of the church.
2 Timothy 3:17
" That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works"
also we see the same of term by the apostle
1 Timothy 6:11
"But thou O man of God, flee these things and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness"

Question who does this term apply to?
Well the answer is simple the bible is the standard and basis for deriving our definition and we can start from even the references above. The letters were addressed to a relatively young minister who was the pastoral head of the church at
Ephesus. Timothy was one of paul's convert Acts 16:1-3

"Then came he to Derby and Lystra and behold a certain disciple was there, named TImotheus, the son of a certain woman, which was a Jewess, and believed; but his father was a Greek: which was well reported of by the brethren that were at Iconium. Him would Paul have to go forth with him, "

To be a man of God means a man with a responsibility from God either by an express one-on-one directive from God like in the case of Moses, Paul, Abraham, even Jesus or by delegation from a superior like in the case of Jesus' disciples which He chose and commissioned them, because they didn't here the voice of God calling or instructing them, they heard the voice of God through the lips of "the man- Jesus" and Timothy, there is no record of God calling him but God called him when he answered the voice of the man Paul who thought him and delegated him overseer of the church at Ephesus thus referring to him as a man of God.

As Christians we have been called and commissioned by God with a responsibility Matthew 28:19-20 " Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost; teaching them to observe all things whatsoever l have commanded you: and, lo, l am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen"
Mark 16:15 ", Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature"

2 Corinthians 5:18-19
" And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and hat given to us the ministry of reconciliation; to wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation"

Hebrews 3:1
" Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus"

Thus because of the above any Christian regardless of age, race, sex, etc is a " man of God"

But be that as it may though, we are not all at the same level, God is a God of order structure and that's where many have gotten it wrong so you hear them out of ignorance make statements like ", are we not all anointed, are we not all men of God etc"

Yes, but the body is not in chaos rather it is well systematically structured and fundamentally articulate. The pastor and his members are not at the same level in the sight of God regardless whatever underlining factors the pastor occupies and office and it's not a title and as such should revered and regarded accordingly. The members are typologically referred to as the sheep while the pastor or overseer is referred to as the shepherd
Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto
Yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."

Though Timothy was called a man of God, Paul was his own man of God
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by e36991: 1:00am On Dec 07, 2010
Joagbaje:

@Enigma and InesQor

The use of the word  "Man Of God" refers to a minister and not everybody.

Paul was writing to Timothy,  the question is  who was Timothy? He was a pastor sent to Ephesus. And the book is called a pastoral epistle.

Even though the verse may be applied to all in  a generic sense but it primarily refers to the pastor Timothy . . .

Man in the beginning was a MOG but lost the status in Eden, subsequently he lost too albeit gradually the privilege of communing one-on-one with God.

The close rapport with God deteriorated resulting in few and fewer hearing from God and ultimately led to the dearth and death of MOG

The rebirth of the MOG kicked off as mediators. These MOGs were make-known and served as go-betweens, as it were for Man and God.

Moses’ case was different; his MOG was an archetype, a model of the real Mediator that will restore Man back to his original status

MOG appears seventy times (i.e. 70 times) in the OT and twice (i.e. 2 times) in the NT

Past recipients of this powerful title in the OT were

1- Moses;
2- an Angel;
3- an unnamed man of God that came to Eli
4- Samuel;
5- Shemaiah
6- A second unnamed man of God; was deceived by the old prophet
7- Elijah
8- A third unnamed man of God; no background info stated or provided
9- Elisha
10- A fourth unnamed man of God; no background info stated or provided
11- David
12- and Igdaliah

Timothy is the only mentioned recipient of this powerful title in the NT and that is for a reason which will be revealed later

The young shall grow, isnt it how it is said . . .

- Only doubt, sin or fear will talk one out of translating and converting from a son of God to a man of God (i.e. MOG)

Recollecting, it seems this is exactly what happened in Exodus 20:18-19

Exodus 20:18-19 NIV:

18 When the people saw [/b]the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, [b]they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance
19 and said to Moses, "Speak to us yourself and we will listen. But do not have God speak to us or we will die."

Offer snubbed. Another cold-shoulder at God by Man. Whilst the people hesitate, God is really long suffering in silence and has to wait  . . .

Recall we mentioned that MOG was mentioned only twice in the OT and the title was ascribed by Paul to Timothy.

If noticed Paul actually has a particular style and way of writing. He is old school too.

This is only one of many examples: Most times when Paul writes his epistles (e.g. letter to Timothy) he reminisce the OT and inculcates a bit of OT into his epistles

MOG isn’t a title thrown about lightly, Paul deliberately used the title MOG for Timothy to amplify the seriousness and severity of Timothy’s position and responsibilities

he purposely used that title or office, aiming to drill home to Timothy that as like the Men of God in the OT, Timothy’s position should be integrity, honour, humility, transparency, contentment etc

MOG is not a fashion-tag, elitist, for the selected few or exclusive so let us all come boldly to the throne of our gracious God.

There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

There is the expectation of a transit from Sonship to Manhood - son of God to man of God

God wants all to be a MOG, ultimately
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by InesQor(m): 4:57am On Dec 07, 2010
@newmi:
I am slightly amazed. So you, who always shows up like a cheerleader, are magically here to cover up Joagbaje's faux pas? What is interesting is the way you attempt to deftly plug the leaks in his erroneous doctrines above without directly alluding to them. Are you the clean up guy on the internet frontier? Or the same person attempting to sound different, like Biox always appears whenever things get hot? Enjoy yourself jare. Nothing do you cheesy

@e36991: Amen brother. Very well said!
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by Joagbaje(m): 5:39am On Dec 07, 2010
@ InesQor
InesQor:

Joagbaje
Your post above hardly helps. I ALREADY said it is 2ce in d New Testament and other 78 times in the old testament.

I guess I know what you did there. You did a search on MOG in the bible and you were suprised to see you were wrong. So you brought it out to rubbish it so that it won't be used against you  grin.  I didn't see your post earlier. 

You claimed it applies to ministers.

Absolutely! Never used for congregation but for ministers anointed into an office.

See how John phrased it here.

John 1:6
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name[ was] John.

You have turned the double instance of timothy into a rule.
 Okay give me verses, you start quoting the OT. Is it just me or you didnt understand me at all?

The principles of God don't change. An MOG is a man called and anointed into an office. Both old and new testament. It doesn't matter if paul' only mention it twice.   The twice is good enough. Because it' shows it wasn't a mistake. Scriptural truth are confirmed by two witnesses. So two verses are good enough. 

An MOG in the OT was the guy who lives and speaks for God. Today that is every Christian. Period!

The priciple hasnt changed. That's what they told Moses too! . And they died for it. They told him "WE ARE ALL ANOINTED " Whatever we are now is still based on the same principles in the Old Testament. 

They were a holy nation, they were all priests unto God in generic terms. But some are called specially into the office of the priest. They were all anointed and consecrated. But there was special consecration of certain people into offices . 

Today also , same principle applies  We are all holy nation and consecrated. But there are some anointed above others as men into office to lead and teach and perfect others . We submit to them. That is where our humility begins. When we recognise spiritual authority and submit to them. Paul knew that issues like this will come up .think again on what he said.

Hebrews 13:17
17 Be responsive to your pastoral leaders. Listen to their counsel. They are alert to the condition of your lives and work under the strict supervision of God. Contribute to the joy of their leadership, not its drudgery. Why would you want to make things harder for them?

Satan hates pastoral  leadership and he is out to destroy it  so that he can get the sheep. " strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter" 

John had troubles too with some individuals who fights pastoral authority. "VOICE OF THE MASSES"  

3 John 1:9-10
9 I sent a brief letter to the church about this, but proud Diotrephes, who loves to push himself forward as the leader of the Christians there, does not admit my authority over him and refuses to listen to me. 10 When I come I will tell you some of the things he is doing and what wicked things he is saying about me and what insulting language he is using. He not only refuses to welcome the missionary travelers himself but tells others not to, and when they do he tries to put them out of the church. 

2 Peter 3:2
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Ephesians 3:5
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 

And as for infallible MOGs, have you forgotten the "prophet" who fell into the hands or is it jaws of lions for daring to prove he is an MOG?

We are not discussing fallibility of MOG here. They may make mistakes. Just as they did in the Old testament. Moses went to marry an African woman as second wife against the Word of God.

Some may have abused the title MOG. But that should not make us destroy the institution of God.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by Joagbaje(m): 5:41am On Dec 07, 2010
@e36991
e36991:

MOG appears seventy times (i.e. 70 times) in the OT and twice (i.e. 2 times) in the NT

Past recipients of this powerful title in the OT were 

1- Moses; 
2- an Angel; 
3- an unnamed man of God that came to Eli
4- Samuel;
5- Shemaiah 
6- A second unnamed man of God; was deceived by the old prophet
7- Elijah
8- A third unnamed man of God; no background info stated or provided
9- Elisha
10- A fourth unnamed man of God; no background info stated or provided
11- David
12- and Igdaliah

MOG isn’t a title thrown about lightly, Paul deliberately used the title MOG for Timothy to amplify the seriousness and severity of Timothy’s position and responsibilities

[b]he purposely used that title or office, aiming to drill home to Timothy that as like the Men of God in the OT, Timothy’s
position should be integrity, honour, humility, transparency, contentment etc

MOG is not a fashion-tag, elitist, for the selected few or exclusive so let us all come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. 

cool
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by Enigma(m): 8:55am On Dec 07, 2010
Another question (in fact, two): 

1. Is every ordained pastor a man of God?

2. Is any other "minister" in the church a man of God?
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by eyzhvntsn: 10:32am On Dec 07, 2010
Enigma:

Another question (in fact, two): 

1. Is every ordained pastor a man of God?

2. Is any other "minister" in the church a man of God?

1. ABSOLUTELY NOT, in fact >90% of them are not even close and had no business being 'ordained' in the first place.

2. A minister on the path of maturing spiritually is more a man of God than a pastor who marinates in the flesh.
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by nuclearboy(m): 10:42am On Dec 07, 2010
1. Well, Jo SAYS him and Yaks are called and nothing concerns you OR God with that. Hold your own money and let others bring theirs. Abi wetin concern you with love for others?

2. NO, no, No! As long as you are charismatic, able to convince people to bring their money and can fill their heads with fantasies of hope, you are the only Priest and man of God in town. Others MUST be mere followers of your august self
Re: What Defines An "mog"? by eyzhvntsn: 10:48am On Dec 07, 2010
^^^ bros!!! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should Pastors/ministries Sell Their Books And Messages? / For Christians: What Exactly Does Christianity Offer?? / Meet The Pretty Lesbian Atheist Who Practices Witchcraft (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.