Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) (35801 Views)

Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse / Humility-an Attribute Of A True Believer / Iranian Shia Intellectual Arrested For Questioning The Core Of Shiism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 6:07pm On Dec 29, 2010
[center]Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:
"The world is a prison-house for a believer and
Paradise for a non-believer."

[Muslim Book 42 No. 7058]
[/center]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2010
''Faith wears out in the hearts of anyone of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allah(swt) to renew the faith in your heart''
[Tabarani]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:27am On Jan 02, 2011
“A friend cannot be considered a friend until he is tested in three occasions: in time of need, behind your back, and after your death.”
-Ali ibn abi Talib (ra)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:11am On Jan 04, 2011
"We know Paradise but we do not seek it; we know Hell but we do not flee from it;
we know the shaytaan but we do not fight him rather we agree with him;
we know death but we do not prepare for it; we have buried the dead but we do not take lesson from that; and
we ignore our own faults but are preoccupied with the faults of others."
(Qurtubi)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by muhsin(m): 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2011
Salam,

In this thread, I read one of the best lines I ever see in my entire life. May Allah improve our intelligence and help us use it in the best way we can, amin. Keep it up!
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:40am On Jan 06, 2011
Ameen,
Wa alaikumusalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.

Subhanallah, indeed Allah has blessed those scholars with great minds.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:42am On Jan 06, 2011
"Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you."
- Hasan al-Basri
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:19am On Jan 07, 2011
Decrease is one's speech brings wisdom
decrease in one' food brings health
decrease in one's sleep brings worship  ,  &
decrease in one's meeting with common folk brings safety .

[Umar IBn Khataab (radiAllahanhu)]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:58am On Jan 10, 2011
‎''He who keeps his heart near Allah will find peace and tranquility, whilst he who gives his heart to the people will find restlessness and apprehension"
- Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:00am On Jan 10, 2011
‎''Good manners is part of taqwa and you cannot have taqwa [/b]without [b]good manners''
- Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:04am On Jan 11, 2011
‎''Dhikr is to the[b] heart[/b] as water is to a fish; see what happens to a fish when it is taken out of water''

-Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullah)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 6:31am On Jan 12, 2011
‎"I don't smoke but I keep a match box in my pocket, when my heart slips towards SIN, I[b] burn the matchstick[/b] & heat my palm with it, than say to myself, "Ali you can't even bear this heat, how would you bear the unbearable heat of hellfire?"
[Muhammad Ali]

I know Ali is no scholar. But this quote is good one.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:38am On Jan 13, 2011
Disputation in the Religion fosters self-display, does away with the light of the heart and hardens it, and bequeaths[b] aimless wandering[/b].”
-Imaam Malik
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by chakula: 11:06am On Jan 13, 2011
Ya subhanallah Akhy where do you finding this intellectual qoutes and they are reading everything Islamically which never in my life take a look of such kinda of qoutes but only during this thread time. pls would you make the link available for our own personal use.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 11:37am On Jan 13, 2011
chakula:

Ya subhanallah Akhy where do you finding this intellectual qoutes and they are reading everything Islamically which never in my life take a look of such kinda of qoutes but only during this thread time. pls would you make the link available for our own personal use.

Certainly brother. The last post i got when i googled for Imam Shafi'i quotes, (Unfortunately very few good links)Subhanallah I stumbled upon a link with a small biography of the Imams Abu Hanifa, Malik, Shafi'i and Hanbal. This is the link: [url]http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?13876-The-four-imams&s=&highlight=four%20imams[/url] .Its a good article with lot of quotes in between.

As for [b]the rest of the quotes, most of them [/b]i got from a group in facebook, called "Hadith a Day keeps the Shaytaan away 2! (HADKSA2)". The initial group was banned by facebook for no reason. But the admins strived on and made this current group. If you have a facebook account please add this group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hadith-a-Day-keeps-the-Shaytaan-away-2-HADKSA2/121850877869985

I just copy paste. May Allah give Jannah to all those who were involved in transmitting and translating these Hadiths and good quotes. Ameen.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by chakula: 4:57pm On Jan 13, 2011
Akhy, Thank you very much, as I have start tag on to the link provided Asap.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:59am On Jan 14, 2011
‎''[b]Words [/b]are Under Your Control Until You Speak Them , But You Come Under Their [b]Contro[/b]l Once You Have Spoken Them''

[Ali Ibn Abi Thalib (R.A)]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:17am On Jan 15, 2011
‎''Every [/b]drop of [b]sweat and every breath we take in life, if not taken for the sake of Allah, will lead to regret and sorrow on the Day of Judgment ''

[Umar bin Khatab]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:06am On Jan 16, 2011
''Shyness and modesty of men is an excellent virtue, but the shyness and modesty of women is even more so''

[Abu Bakr Radi Allah anhu]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:08am On Jan 16, 2011
The[b] believer [/b]sees his sins as if he is sitting at the foot of a mountain fearing that it might fall on him,
while the sinner [/b]sees his [b]sins [/b]as a[b] fly that lands on his nose, he just waves it away.

- Abdullah ibn Masud
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 7:38am On Jan 17, 2011
‎''Whatever you are going through remember Allah brings us into deep waters, not to drown us, but to cleanse us''
---(Arabic Proverb )
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:10am On Jan 18, 2011
Fight against your ego with the four swords of training :

Eat little
Sleep little
Speak little &
♦ Be patient when people harm you
Then the ego will walk the paths of obedience, like a fleeing horseman in the field of battle.

[Yahya ibn Mu`adh al-Raz]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:07am On Jan 19, 2011
"The believers are[b] successful,[/b] whose who in their prayer have khushu (fear of Allah) [/b]and those [b]who refrain from vain talk, "
(Qur'an 23:1-3)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 6:25am On Jan 20, 2011
“Learn [to perfect] your intentions because your intentions will help you reach what your[b] actions would never be able to reach[/b].”

[ Yahya bin Abee Katheer ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 6:47am On Jan 21, 2011
'' Whoever remembers death frequently will benefit in three ways: --
he will hasten to repent ,
he will be content with what is sufficient, and
he will be active in worship''

[ Shaykh al-Daqaq ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 7:28am On Jan 22, 2011
‎''This world is not a permanent place, it is a passage, a road on which you are passing-''-

[ Ali Ibn Abi Talib (R.A) ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:54am On Jan 23, 2011
" Be aware of your tongue, it's dangerous! It's like a snake and so many people have been [b]killed [/b]by their tongues "
- Imam Ash-Shaafi'ee
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 5:19am On Jan 24, 2011
Worrying about this world is a darkness in the heart, while worrying about the Hereafter is a light in the heart.” --

[ Uthman ibn `Affan (radyAllahu`anhu) ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:31am On Jan 25, 2011
Abu Bakr (r.a.) said:
"Be good to others, that will protect you against evil."
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:24am On Jan 26, 2011
"Whoever fears Allah will not be harmed by anyone, while whoever fears others besides Allah will not be helped by anyone.” --
[ Fudayl ibn ‘Iyad]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:34am On Jan 26, 2011
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 7:06am On Jan 27, 2011
‎''forgiveness is how we fully recover from an injury someone else inflicts upon us'' --

[ Shaikh Yasir Qadhi ]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Allahu Written On A Rock In Osogbo (pics) / Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos / Imam Leads Prayers During Earthquake In Indonesia! (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.