Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) (35800 Views)

Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse / Humility-an Attribute Of A True Believer / Iranian Shia Intellectual Arrested For Questioning The Core Of Shiism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:58am On Feb 24, 2011
Let not your tongue mention the shame of another For you yourself are covered in shame and all men have tongues.
If your eye falls upon the sin of your brother Shield them and say, "Oh my eye! All men have eyes!"

( Imam Shaafi'ee )
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 5:24am On Feb 25, 2011
"As long as you are performing prayer, you are knocking at the door of Allaah, and whoever is knocking at the door of Allaah, Allaah will open it for him."
(Ibn al-Qayyim )
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:47am On Feb 26, 2011
Abu Bakr (r.a.) said, "Do not get elated at any victory, for all such victory is subject to the will of God."
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:56am On Feb 27, 2011
Shaikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (may Allah bless his soul) said:
“It is strange that a person may find it easy to protect himself from eating Haraam, oppression and injustice, adultery, theft, drinking Khamr, and from unlawful looking, but it is hard for him to restrain the movement of his tongue. How often do we see people who are very cautious about falling into shameful deeds or injustice, but their tongue lashes against the living and the dead and they don’t mind it?”
He further said: “Some people have the disease of criticizing all the time. They forget the good about others and only mention their faults. They are like flies that avoid the good and pure places and land on the bad places and on wounds. This is because of the evil within the self and the spoiled nature.”
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:38am On Feb 28, 2011
" Renew your hearts with the remembrance of Allah because it rushes into forgetfulness. "

(Yahya ibn Muaz RA)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:52am On Mar 01, 2011
"The true believer is rewarded in every thing, even in affliction."

[ Abu Bakr As Siddiq R.A ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 4:48pm On Mar 02, 2011
The Prophet SAW was asked, "Which deed is most beloved to Allah?"
He said, "The one that is continuous, even if it is little."

[Sahih al-Bukhari]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by chakula: 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2011
azharuddin:

" Renew your hearts with the remembrance of Allah because it rushes into forgetfulness. "

(Yahya ibn Muaz RA)

Good Admonish thanks for it.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:41am On Mar 03, 2011
It is reported that Sufyân b. Uyainah Allâh have mercy on him said,
"The intelligent person is not one who merely knows what is good and what is bad.
The intelligent person is one who, when he sees what is good, follows it, and when he sees evil, shuns it."

Abû Nuaym, Hilyah Al-Awliyâ`, Vol. 4 p16.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:35am On Mar 04, 2011
Three blessings in Tribulation --

''first, the tribulation could have been worse
second, it was in worldly matters & not in the spiritual ones &
third it came in the finite world & not the infinite one.
All three are reasons to thank Allah even for tribulations''

[ Shaykh Hamza Yusuf ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:41am On Mar 05, 2011
"Let the days do as they please
And be optimistic when destiny decrees
Do not despair due to the events of nights past
For the events of this world were not meant to last."

[ Imam Al Shafi’ee ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:05am On Mar 06, 2011
"Iman is what settles in the heart and it is proven by Actions"

[Ibnu Al Qayyim Al Jawzi]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:52am On Mar 07, 2011
"(The righteous are those) who feed the poor, the orphan and the captive for the love of God, saying: 'We feed you for the sake of God Alone; we seek from you neither reward nor thanks.' "
- The Holy Quran, 76:8-9
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 6:09am On Mar 08, 2011
Imam al-Shafi'i said:
“A wise man once wrote to another wise man:
‘O my brother, you have indeed been given knowledge,
so do not pollute your knowledge with the darkness of sins
such that you remain in darkness on the Day that the
people of knowledge speed forth with the light of their knowledge.’
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 4:28am On Mar 09, 2011
Imam ash-Shafi`ee –

"When the foolish one speaks, do not reply to him,
for better than a response (to him) is silence,
and if you speak to him you have aided him,
and if you left him (with no reply) in extreme sadness he dies"
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 7:59am On Mar 10, 2011
"Never have I ever dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me."

[ Imam al-Ghazali ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:19am On Mar 11, 2011
''Many a spoken word is more piercing than an attack''.

(Ali ibn Abu Talib RA)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:41am On Mar 12, 2011
Abdullah asked his father Imaam Ahmad (rahimahullah) one day,
“Abi (father) when will we ever relax?”
His father, one of the greatest revivers of the Sunnah, one who endured countless hardships and afflictions for defending tenets of Islam, a role model for all Muslims, looked him in the eye and said,
“With the first step we take into Jannah.”
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 5:11am On Mar 13, 2011
"Happiness is not the absence of problems from one’s life, but the capability to deal with those problems & enjoy the blessings one has."

[ Shaikh Yasir Qadhi ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:24am On Mar 14, 2011
"The believer speaks little, but does much.
And the hypocrite talks a lot, but does little.
The believer's speech is wisdom, his silence is contemplation, his gaze is pondering, his actions are righteous.
So if this is your state, you shall perpetually be in worship."

- Fudayl bin Iyyad
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:31am On Mar 15, 2011
When you intend to do something, Say "Insha-Allah"[If Allah wills]

Allâh (subhanahu wa ta'aala) says:

"And never say of anything, "I shall do such and such thing tomorrow." Except (with the saying), "Insha-Allah!", "

[Quran 18:23-24]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:36am On Mar 16, 2011
I love to see the brothers being at their very best during the night (in humble devotion) for surely that is nobler [/b]than being at ones very best during the day. The reason for this is that during the [b]day one is seen by people while during the night one is seen by the Lord of the Worlds

[ Muhmmad b Al Munkadir ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:02am On Mar 17, 2011
"The keys to the life of the heart lie in reflecting upon the Qur'aan , being humble before Allaah in secret, and leaving sins."
[Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah rahimahullah]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:20am On Mar 18, 2011
Ibn Al-Jowzee said,
“If this World was not a station of tests it would not be filled with sicknesses and filth.
If life was not about hardship, then the Prophets and the pious would have lived the most comfortable of lives.
Nay, Aadam[As] suffered test after test until he left the World. Nuh[As] (Noah) cried for 300 years. Ibrahim [As] (Abraham) was thrown into a pit of fire and later asked to slaughter his son. Ya’qub[As] (Jacob) cried until he became blind. Musa[As] (Moses) challenged Fir’own and was tested by his people. Isa[As] (Jesus) had no provision except the morsels his disciples provided him with. And Muhammad sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam met poverty with patience, his uncle,one of the most beloved relatives to him, was slain and mutilated and his people disbelieved in him,
And the list of Prophets and the pious goes on and on.”
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:57am On Mar 19, 2011
"You cannot direct the wind but you can adjust the sails."
~ Sheikh Reda Bedeir ~
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:08am On Mar 20, 2011
Imaam Shaafi (rahmatullah alayh) states that Imaam Maalik
(rahmatullah alayh) told him,
“O Muhammad! You should
practice in proportion to flour (in bread) and
your knowledge should be the salt.”

That is, much action must be carried out on little knowledge. Here action refers to etiquette.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:39am On Mar 21, 2011
[center]"When it comes to my provisions, I rely upon Allah, my Creator
And I know with certainty that He will no doubt provide for me.
Whatever’s in my due, will not pass me by,
Even if it were to be in the depths of the sea.
Allah the Exalted will bring it forth by His Grace,
Even if I were to remain silent over it.
So, what can a soul feel sorrow over,
When the Most Merciful has set the provisions of the creation?"

- Imam al-Shafi’i
[/center]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:21am On Mar 22, 2011
"Stand firm against evil thoughts,
for if you fail to do so, they will become[b] ideas[/b],
if you do not, they will become desires, so fight against them.
If you do not, they will become a form of determination and intention,
if you do not resist, they will become actions,
and if you do not follow them up with their opposite, they will become habits that will be hard to quit."

(AL-FAWA’ID A COLLECTION OF WISE SAYINGS Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 5:49am On Mar 23, 2011
"Knowledge is honor, if you abandon it, it will abandon you. If you take the task seriously, you will be given some of it, from what Allah has decreed for you."

[ Shaykh Salih ala-Shaykh hafidahullah from his lecture Seeking Knowledge Until Death ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:55am On Mar 24, 2011
Zainul Aabideen (Rahmatullah alaih) said,
"The pride of a proud person surprises me.
The day before, he was a drop of a dirty fluid and
tomorrow he will be a corpse, and still he is proud."

[He used to help the poor in the darkness of night, so that they should not even know who helped them. It came to light only after his
death that no less than one hundred families were being supported by him.]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:39am On Mar 25, 2011
"For a worship to be accepted, it has to meet two conditions: correctness and sincerity."

Al-Fudayl ibn 'Iyaad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Allahu Written On A Rock In Osogbo (pics) / Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos / Imam Leads Prayers During Earthquake In Indonesia! (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.