Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) (70909 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / Killings: CAN Peaceful Protest In Kaduna In Pictures / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by factwriter(m): 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
Masterrhymes:
This picture even looks somewhat recent, what of the ones in angua rimi?

It goes to show that when you believe in something no one can tell you anything else different

One one occasion they came to my area (Ungwa rimi) to rent chairs for their make shift church by the river side. I help packed the chairs into the boot of their car.

That was sometime in 1986.

few years later we heard they were relocated to another river bed in a borough called Barnawa (around Kaduna South).

I can still remember the silhouette of the men who came to rent the chairs back then but not their faces.

Anyone who lives in Ungwa rimi community, especially within the Low-cost Housing Estate, around 1986 will surely attest to this.

These people have come a long way with Evangelism. Unfortunately, their efforts (at spreading Salvation) has not changed our attractiveness to sin.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by Plama: 4:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
Garden of Faith. Guess that was the first name. Thank God for his miraculous work in your life

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by simplyshade: 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
So many present day men of God prayed in ABU lawn tennis court
Oyerinde16:
In 1986, he used ABU lawn tennis court... Here he already had a church in barnawa...

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by segun18(m): 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
Wonderful!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by Expert17: 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
miketayo:

Abraham sowed 10% of loots, moreover God's reward was a son and father of all nations not money.
God is not an atm

So God doesn't bless people with Wealth?
Wat of King David ?? King Solomon?? Etc

If ur statement is ur consolation for u bn poor,.... Den it's okay

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by Lanre0: 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
Oyedepo, the great fanatic at work
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by miketayo(m): 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

So God doesn't bless people with Wealth?
Wat of King David ?? King Solomon?? Etc

If ur statement is ur consolation for u bn poor,.... Den it's okay

David and Solomon were rich because dey sowed ryt ? Go read ur Bible.
Don't go find job be sowing ur seed
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by Expert17: 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
miketayo:

David and Solomon were rich because dey sowed ryt ? Go read ur Bible.
Don't go find job be sowing ur seed

U shud get a Job and stop bn jealous of some one wealth.......
And giving statistics abt someone wealth.....

Ur one naira in not in Living Faith church..... So stop bn PAINED

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
26 years throwback!!!

Hardwork pays cool

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by RALPHOW(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
God bless Bishop David Oyedepo, no one can follow his teachings and remain poor
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by oliveth007(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
What a great man of God, keep it up more anointing....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by Tareq1105: 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
Oyerinde16:
In 1986, he used ABU lawn tennis court... Here he already had a church in barnawa...

You're right...........but with the help of God, the church has grown.

Congratulations to the man of God and we members too. May God continue to uphold the leadership.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by miketayo(m): 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

U shud get a Job and stop bn jealous of some one wealth.......
And giving statistics abt someone wealth.....

Ur one naira in not in Living Faith church..... So stop bn PAINED

Jealous? LMAO I m doing very well and I didn't have to worship any pastor for it.

I m only pained because ppl like u tarnish the image of Christianity. It has and will never be about making money
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by yakson123: 6:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He should have tried to convert El-Rufai to Christianity during his days in Kaduna and this brings my question for the day.

G.Os say they are springing up new churches to win new converts and spread the gospel.

So how come Adeboye has not converted Buhari despite meeting him severally?
How come Adefarasin has not been able to convert Obasa?
Why hasn't Omobude converted the Oba of Benin?
Why hasn't Osinbanjo been able to convert Garba?

But they task their followers to convert anyone they see.

It looks very lopsided to me and that's why I always take their words with a handful of salt.
Walahi, if I were an evangelist, I'd slap my daddy G.O for not being an example to me.

No man does the work of convertion it is purely the work of the holy spirit theirs is just to pray
So you can pray them to salvation too
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by Tareq1105: 6:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
Lanre0:
Oyedepo, the great fanatic at work

Fanatics for justice and equity.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by Mr100Dollars: 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
SURElee:

Others with eyes of understanding are seeing Grace that moves and sustains leading to increase in exploits, you are seeing photo like obituary. It is as far as your eyes can see, be it unto you. If only your eyes can see........
For my small observation na you dey type all this Abstract? Babe calm down na i mean no harm, look the picture again. And FYI, i'm a winner.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by gbagyiza: 6:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
vibbb:
Most of our top pastors in this country have gone a long way o. They have really worked and laboured for Christ.
And they are still working till date.
More grace sir.

Seriously, I respect them for that. How will God not bless someone that have labour for him throughout his entire life?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by bezimo(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
26 years ago...same fervency. .same consistency. .same pursuit...Yet some that don't know the history will be talking chaff..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by Ostrogoth(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He should have tried to convert El-Rufai to Christianity during his days in Kaduna and this brings my question for the day.

G.Os say they are springing up new churches to win new converts and spread the gospel.

It looks very lopsided to me and that's why I always take their words with a handful of salt.
Walahi, if I were an evangelist, I'd slap my daddy G.O for not being an example to me.
Still trying to get your logic.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by lukaino(m): 6:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
By 1994 when I visited this church, it was already large. This was about the time he relocated to start the Lagos church
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by bezimo(m): 6:56pm On Jan 12, 2020
Godjone:
This man is hard knot to crack. I congratulate him for his fearlessness. In those years, the north is engulfed in serious religious crisis especially Kaduna. It takes only a fearless warrior like Oyedepo to confront the Jihadists

if you know the history...the early days Islamic persecution in Kaduna. ..ehn those Jihadist tried to attack the church in its early days in Kaduna Angwan rimi..before we eventually moved to Barbara. ..but you need to know what happened.story for another day..Bishop Oyedepo ehn..has seen things, fought battles and he is still stronger today than ever.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
Do you wish for an adventurous valentine trip and 100% fun with your loved ones, then make it a date by participating in this trip to Erin IJESHA water falls.. check poster for info and contact details
Or WhatsApp 09055231074
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by darealez(m): 7:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The good news is not a do or die affair. No force, no killing, no compulsion, no abduction, no associated murder. No Christian will ask you to denounce your faith or die.

Jesus bade that we come around with the good news and leave those who do not welcome the gospel.

So far they have heard... No such thing as "we heard not"... Convinction / Conversion is no man's job.
GOOD NEWS
God loves the world, he gave his only begotten son, WHOSOEVER believes in him, shall not perish but have everlasting life
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by Valkrie: 7:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
vibbb:
Most of our top pastors in this country have gone a long way o. They have really worked and laboured for Christ.
Any they are still working till date.
More grace sir.

Laboured for Christ or their pocket..?

The thing sef is confusing...!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by growtogeda: 7:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

madman.... oil dey your head��
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by Masterrhymes: 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
You know this, I was living in angua darling and going to the church off Tamar close sitting on bench back then. Focus is key, that's all I can say in this story
factwriter:

One one occasion they came to my area (Ungwa rimi) to rent chairs for their make shift church by the river side. I help packed the chairs into the boot of their car.

That was sometime in 1986.

few years later we heard they were relocated to another river bed in a borough called Barnawa (around Kaduna South).

I can still remember the silhouette of the men who came to rent the chairs back then but not their faces.

Anyone who lives in Ungwa rimi community, especially within the Low-cost Housing Estate, around 1986 will surely attest to this.

These people have come a long way with Evangelism. Unfortunately, their efforts (at spreading Salvation) has not changed our attractiveness to sin.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by DECLAN2015(m): 8:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No one can convert u.
It is only God.
Who converted paul in thevBible
You have ur own free will.
U can either choose to follow the narrow way that leads to life or a wide part that leads to destruction. It is all ur choice. We can only show u

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by wonlasewonimi: 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
These charlatans have been praying for Nigeria since 1960, Nigeria is still a shithole! Some people are obviously not being truthful, and I also know God cannot lie.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Held A Program In Kaduna In 1994 (Throwback Photo) by visaland(m): 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
Most of them are frauds pastors these days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's RCCG Prophesy For 2016 / Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted / Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.