Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded (42081 Views)

Lagos State Auctions 83 Vehicles Impounded From Traffic Offenders / Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) / LASG Set To Auction Vehicles Impounded For Violation Of Traffic Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Openbusiness: 6:22am On Jan 11, 2020
hassan4:
Is this the problem of Nigeria or Lagosians at this point? Nigerian elites always showing off their ego.
Tinubu attack dogs you mean!

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by MEGAdime(m): 6:23am On Jan 11, 2020
Restore sanity on the streets.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Openbusiness: 6:23am On Jan 11, 2020
Blizzykay:
Hope this is not the joint my friend and I dey use cool down with one bottle by that Bank road junction coming from obalende
cheesy
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:23am On Jan 11, 2020
LeeMason:
Just give me the Range Rover and send his ass to kirikiri prison so he doesn't come looking for me afterwards.
Giving you the Range Rover ain't the problem at all, but how you intend maintaining it since you no wan hustle??

7 Likes

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by VirtIQ: 6:28am On Jan 11, 2020
Useless state. Na always hardman way at 1st.
No be so dem wan close shina pella club.
Nonsense
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 11, 2020
Felajack:
Remember to clean up Ajegunle and Okoko too

Those onew no dey lag
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by jaxxy(m): 6:40am On Jan 11, 2020
Lagos state always looking for how to extort and frustrate its citizens and business community. Where those dealerships given a prior notice/warning about not using that place cos I’m sure they weren’t staying there free. U now come and seize vehicles and say Ure doing stupid clean up. How is that clean up?

Did the government sensitize people on their ever changing laws?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 6:41am On Jan 11, 2020
I HOLD BACK MY COMMENT
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by LyfeJennings(m): 6:41am On Jan 11, 2020
This operation is very wrong cos those people pay to the local Government

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by DNSPro: 6:50am On Jan 11, 2020
Cosmatikka:
This is how someone will just go from been a big man to poor man overnight. God save His ppl
people don't learn.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by shamack: 6:52am On Jan 11, 2020
hassan4:
Is this the problem of Nigeria or Lagosians at this point? Nigerian elites always showing off their ego.

It is a major problem in Lagos, lot of market women place their goods on the road, causing traffic

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by hakeem4(m): 6:52am On Jan 11, 2020
this is a good development. now the task force guys should come to other parts of lagos and perform similar task, so as to reduce the traffic congestion

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by hakeem4(m): 6:53am On Jan 11, 2020
hassan4:
you are definitely a lawless person, no doubt

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by mmsen: 6:59am On Jan 11, 2020
Why do they forever need to make so much noise about doing what should be routine?

If people are parking illegally tow the vehicle and inform the owner that they must pay the fine to get their car back.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by madmohamed(m): 7:04am On Jan 11, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/lagos-begins-cleanup-of-ikoyi-vi/
they can't talk nonsense if say Na igbo man they do that nonsense u will see them
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by gnykelly(m): 7:05am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Wickedness! From the pictures you can see these guys are not obstructing the roads. Only problem is they were using unauthorized spaces. The LASG taskforce is super quick to remove harmless people. When are they going to remove the criminal agberos and touts all over Lagos? Oh i forgot, they are their boys. They will always act blind to those ones undecided

the current governor lack idea of what to do... same way my friend was arrested,, and me too... before he ends his tenure everyone in Lagos must have slept in police custody

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:05am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Wickedness! From the pictures you can see these guys are not obstructing the roads. Only problem is they were using unauthorized spaces. The LASG taskforce is super quick to remove harmless people. When are they going to remove the criminal agberos and touts all over Lagos? Oh i forgot, they are their boys. They will always act blind to those ones undecided

Were the walkways built to display vehicles?

Because we are used to doing wrong without being corrected or published, we don't recognize wrongdoings anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by 9gerian: 7:08am On Jan 11, 2020
It is not impossible that the local government or some of their officials may have been paid for the use of those spaces as car lots.

Openbusiness:

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Germi9: 7:13am On Jan 11, 2020
Lagos dirty Sha,Yoruba and dirty na tooth and tongue
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by solsticey2k3(m): 7:19am On Jan 11, 2020
While this is a good development, these people should be given their wares back once they present an evidence that they have gotten a more suitable place for their enterprise.
Else, they will render them bankrupt and incapacitated. sad

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Openbusiness: 7:23am On Jan 11, 2020
PeachtreeReside:

Were the walkways built to display vehicles?

Because we are used to doing wrong without being corrected or published, we don't recognize wrongdoings anymore.
Were the streets and bus stops built for LASG government-backed agberos, thugs and touts? Wake me up when they remove them, or you don't recognize that as a "wrongdoing" too?

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by EagleNest(m): 7:26am On Jan 11, 2020
I really like it...there should be sanity and orderliness in the way we do things...esp in Lagos.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by 77up(m): 7:33am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Wickedness! From the pictures you can see these guys are not obstructing the roads. Only problem is they were using unauthorized spaces . The LASG taskforce is super quick to remove harmless people. When are they going to remove the criminal agberos and touts all over Lagos? Oh i forgot, they are their boys. They will always act blind to those ones undecided
When are we going to develop as a nation if you can admit the bold and still blame them for doing their job? Must you guys always find fault? Nawa o. Can the bold happen in the US ,UK or Europe? Answer is no.

When we see good work ,let's commend it , some people have bastardized this country enough just to make their own cash and go US to cool off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by saajus: 7:34am On Jan 11, 2020
My Brother, wetin man go do. The economic situation has turned everywhere to markets. In as much as I want Govt to clean up the city, they should help these people by providing alternatives. They should Build huge shopping malls all around the city and let "common men" have access to them by giving soft loans
Mutemenot:
Good move. We lack business plan in this country, everywhere has become market

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by TheMostComplex1: 7:36am On Jan 11, 2020
I think this's a good development
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Westernlove: 7:36am On Jan 11, 2020
Audio Cleanup, Lagos Is most dirtiest Mega Slum In the World......Shiiithole still has millions of light years away to be refuse and sewage free

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by juniorstar(m): 7:42am On Jan 11, 2020
Cosmatikka:
This is how someone will just go from been a big man to poor man overnight. God save His ppl

Nigeria is a very funny country...u find a trick that works and u make money and all of a sudden one govt agency tells you bla bla bla . money for bank begin diminish naso brokenness dey take start. you go come dey reminisce "those days". dats why its good to diversify.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by seunfly: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:

Shaking my head for some people, what about the walkways, drains and others? Must we always support bad things.
Yet people like u will travel abroad only to yab Nigeria as unorganised and dirty.

There are places for business, mechanic should get a workshop, bear parlor should get a restaurant, food seller should get a food court etc, we should stop rewarding lawlessness and illegal actions.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet President Tinubu's Special Advisers / "Why I No Go Make Yanga": Dino Melaye Steps Out In Style / Jonathan’s Exit: Some Power Brokers Who’ll Be Swept Out Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.