Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded (42079 Views)

Lagos State Auctions 83 Vehicles Impounded From Traffic Offenders / Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) / LASG Set To Auction Vehicles Impounded For Violation Of Traffic Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by delpee(f): 12:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Some Ikoyi roads are full of mechanics, bukas and road side traders. Of course the food joints are there to serve the mechanics mainly. Those roads are always littered with plastic bottles, nylon packs etc.

The truth is that mechanic workshops shouldn't be located in residential areas. The oil, grease et al discharged on the ground easily permeates the soil and could affect underground water. Lagos State is right on this.

Traders are allowed to use kiosks within compounds I think but trust our people to prefer the display of goods right on the road. The kiosk/shop then serves as warehouse. smileyThat happens all over Lagos anyway. We really need to do things right.

Apart from Bank road, it seems the mechanics and traders on some less popular roads always survive the onslaught...or maybe they go the Naija way. wink
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Lonelypacifist6: 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
Nicetiful grin
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by COMPAQ(m): 1:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
They need to extend this to Lekki and Ajah before focusing on the mainland.

Abandoned vehicles on the streets from mechanic workshops are a major nuisance.

Street traders converting road islands to markets are a problem.

Street urchins begging for money with their mother's at the junctions in Lekki are a eyesore.

Conversion of residential properties all over Lekki is a problem.

Slums and illegal settlements all over Lekki are a problem.

Builders pouring sand and gravel on the roads and not fully using them up and abandoning the remains on the road to eventually spoil the road is a problem.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
They shld extend it to Alaba intl market where nyamiri people dominated...
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by seun2013(m): 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
ha..thats bro Lateef car mart, and Taiwo of forte oil.

i feel for you guys
The least of those cars will be around 4million naira
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by seunpaul85(m): 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
Okay, I heard a similar thing happened and more than 50 cars were seized in Festac from differents clubs.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Legendguru: 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by LeeMason(m): 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
Giving you the Range Rover ain't the problem at all, but how you intend maintaining it since you no wan hustle??

I'll instantly put it up for sale.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Litmus: 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
seunfly:

Shaking my head for some people, what about the walkways, drains and others? Must we always support bad things.
Yet people like u will travel abroad only to yab Nigeria as unorganised and dirty.

There are places for business, mechanic should get a workshop, bear parlor should get a restaurant, food seller should get a food court etc, we should stop rewarding lawlessness and illegal actions.

It seems they want obodo oyibo in spirit only.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by adamessiless(m): 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
You want to clean up peoples investment but not creating alternatives for them is leading to just one thing. Robbery.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Calito1(m): 9:12am On Jan 12, 2020
I hope that the Federal Housing Authority (FHA) will do same in Festac town this year 2020, because festac town is now a mess, full of illegal structures, containers & makeshifts constituting nuisance & breaching public peace, Festac must be revived by the Federal government.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by cardoctor(m): 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
Good
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by 01Philsbaba: 9:02am On Feb 17, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/lagos-begins-cleanup-of-ikoyi-vi/

The people who came for this cleanup are thief, they have started going out of their duties to arrest innocent people parking in front of their houses.

They arrested my friend on 8th February for parking on a designated parking area in front of his house, because he uses a Camry Big Daddy maybe they thought he was an Uber guy, when they couldn’t tow his vehicle, they whisked the owner away and removed his plate numbers.

We went for him at their Oshodi office, the police at the gate demanded we pay 2k just to park inside their office or go find somewhere else to park on the street (so that they can come and impound it again). These people are just thieves , my guy bailed himself with 50k when the torture became unbearable in detention, and they promised to move him to court and from there Prison. He did nothing wrong, we have videos of where he parked and everything that transpired. Lagos government should train their officers , some are using this as cash cow already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Why I No Go Make Yanga": Dino Melaye Steps Out In Style / Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State / Jonathan’s Exit: Some Power Brokers Who’ll Be Swept Out Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.