Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded (42080 Views)

Lagos State Auctions 83 Vehicles Impounded From Traffic Offenders / Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) / LASG Set To Auction Vehicles Impounded For Violation Of Traffic Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by BuhariAdvocate: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2020
I can see that sanwolu is working. Make lagos clean.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by seunfly: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2020
jaxxy:
Lagos state always looking for how to extort and frustrate its citizens and business community. Where those dealerships given a prior notice/warning about not using that place cos I’m sure they weren’t staying there free. U now come and seize vehicles and say Ure doing stupid clean up. How is that clean up?

Did the government sensitize people on their ever changing laws?

Was he supposed to set up on walkways? Imagine the kind of audacity he has to even close public utility for his own personal use.

Honestly we like to support illegal things.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:49am On Jan 11, 2020
If u reason am now na one oga for office gave them spot even approval.... Corruption everywhere
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by bonnyhope: 7:52am On Jan 11, 2020
Felajack:
Remember to clean up Ajegunle and Okoko too

Lol...

Also Bariga, Mushim
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by bonnyhope: 8:07am On Jan 11, 2020
Germi9:
Lagos dirty Sha,Yoruba and dirty na tooth and tongue

Where are you from
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by agarawu23(m): 8:10am On Jan 11, 2020
LeeMason:
Just give me the Range Rover and send his ass to kirikiri prison so he doesn't come looking for me afterwards.
you have money to maintain that ride?
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Massage4health(m): 8:16am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Wickedness! From the pictures you can see these guys are not obstructing the roads. Only problem is they were using unauthorized spaces. The LASG taskforce is super quick to remove harmless people. When are they going to remove the criminal agberos and touts all over Lagos? Oh i forgot, they are their boys. They will always act blind to those ones undecided
There don't have to obstruct the road before action is taken against them. Thats a walkway and somehow its affecting peoples mobility, instead of using the walkways there using the little space inbetween the road which is not safe. Why will there use unauthorized spaces? If we have many like them, can you imagine how disorganize Lagos will be?? Oshodi started that way before you know it, it becomes a mess. Thank God for the last regime that gave Oshodi a facelift. So pls there are not wicked but there are only helping me and you because if there don't act now, you can never tell what there will look like in the future

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by hustla(m): 8:17am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Wickedness! From the pictures you can see these guys are not obstructing the roads. Only problem is they were using unauthorized spaces. The LASG taskforce is super quick to remove harmless people. When are they going to remove the criminal agberos and touts all over Lagos? Oh i forgot, they are their boys. They will always act blind to those ones undecided

You put so much effort into not making sense

Choi

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Cantonese: 8:18am On Jan 11, 2020
hassan4:
Is this the problem of Nigeria or Lagosians at this point? Nigerian elites always showing off their ego.

It is part of the problem sir. We truly need to respect ourselves, the rights of others and laws to have a better country.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by loswhite(m): 8:20am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
And yet you come to complain about Nigeria not looking like Dubai.... Nigerian Citizens are the real problem of this country

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Openbusiness: 8:24am On Jan 11, 2020
loswhite:
And yet you come to complain about Nigeria not looking like Dubai.... Nigerian Citizens are the real problem of this country
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by zuto4u(m): 8:27am On Jan 11, 2020
My friend this is one of the problems. People should learn how to do the right thing. Walkways should not be obstructed for any reason.
hassan4:
Is this the problem of Nigeria or Lagosians at this point? Nigerian elites always showing off their ego.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Westernlove: 8:28am On Jan 11, 2020
Cosmatikka:
This is how someone will just go from been a big man to poor man overnight. God save His ppl

Lol you are a typical Shiithole citizen, Big man, Poor man shiits lol, says It all. I can't stop laughing. Poverty of the mind and brain has really destroyed u peoples medulla. Big man to Poor man lol.....PS:No matter how wealthy or rich you are In Shiithole.....I'll still use that eye of a FOOOOL to look you lol, In my mind, I'm always like, What's wrong with this Poverty Infested people because u dey Inside Benz, You think u are fufilled and enjoying lol. Yes you are all dirty shameless fooools....

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Openbusiness: 8:31am On Jan 11, 2020
seunfly:

Shaking my head for some people, what about the walkways, drains and others? Must we always support bad things.
Yet people like u will travel abroad only to yab Nigeria as unorganised and dirty.

There are places for business, mechanic should get a workshop, bear parlor should get a restaurant, food seller should get a foot court etc, we should stop rewarding lawlessness and illegal actions.
OK, but I guess when you travel abroad you see government backed agberos littered everywhere like Lagos, right? I guess that is not a bad thing on your book of bad things. #Okbye
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Westernlove: 8:37am On Jan 11, 2020
The Oppressor and the Oppressed, Una fit una selves well well lol, No single sense, Sense too far from all from you.....The last thing I will worry about Is shiiithole animal kingdom. Make God bless me well well this year make I permanently move to serene environment wey reasonable people dey live amen.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Mutemenot(m): 8:39am On Jan 11, 2020
saajus:
My Brother, wetin man go do. The economic situation has turned everywhere to markets. In as much as I want Govt to clean up the city, they should help these people by providing alternatives. They should Build huge shopping malls all around the city and let "common men" have access to them by giving soft loans

Someone capable of sampling 36 cars should be able to get a better space .. if u enter some markets u ll notice many shops 're empty.... we prefer to sale on the major roads...whwn govt reacts we 'll be shouting witch hunt
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by cuteboy2: 8:56am On Jan 11, 2020
ojoronopay:
This is just a temporary clean up, with all this initial gra gra na money go change hands and who know person wey know person go settle everything.

If you doubt me check this place out next few months and you would be surprise these people are back again in their numbers.

Probably true.
Quilox nite club they closed and impounded vehicle of patrons, that blocked traffic on Ozumba Mbadiwe road has gone back to full operation after the powerful owner Akin Alabi (Bet9ja) pressed the required buttons
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 11, 2020
this is going on in allthe cities, its time for LGA autonomy, if our LGs were up and doing, people wont crowd the cities.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by lexy2014: 9:11am On Jan 11, 2020
Mutemenot:
Good move. We lack business plan in this country, everywhere has become market

Which business plan are u referring to? Is it not d same govt that granted them permit to operate there?
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by lexy2014: 9:15am On Jan 11, 2020
seunfly:

Was he supposed to set up on walkways? Imagine the kind of audacity he has to even close public utility for his own personal use.

Honestly we like to support illegal things.

Those guys have been there for as long as I can remember. Its d same that is evicting them that permitted them to put their businesses there in d first place
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by lexy2014: 9:16am On Jan 11, 2020
zuto4u:
My friend this is one of the problems. People should learn how to do the right thing. Walkways should not be obstructed for any reason.

And who permitted them to obstruct d walkways in d first place?
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by uuzba(m): 9:18am On Jan 11, 2020
Blizzykay:
Hope this is not the joint my friend and I dey use cool down with one bottle by that Bank road junction coming from obalende
Ol boy, Na the joint be that O
Mechanic been dey that side before.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by guiddoti: 9:40am On Jan 11, 2020
Cosmatikka:
This is how someone will just go from been a big man to poor man overnight. God save His ppl
Indeed road side big man turning poor man.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by desgiezd(m): 9:45am On Jan 11, 2020
Blizzykay:
Hope this is not the joint my friend and I dey use cool down with one bottle by that Bank road junction coming from obalende

Guy, that's the place. You've got to look for another joint

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Adams12345: 9:45am On Jan 11, 2020
Jobio1:
Jakande and Ajah needs this more.

infact it is all over, but i think they are only limiting their operation to V.I and Ikoyi
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by EmmyDJourno: 9:48am On Jan 11, 2020
No one can survive in a lawless State, they should come to my area in Satellite Town and come and impound the Cars of idiots that would see a 2 lanes road and leave a Car permanently on one lane
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Westernlove: 9:53am On Jan 11, 2020
loswhite:

Lol are u just waking Up? I used to be naive like you before until I had access to some classified information about Shiithole lol. I'm joking, I know u ain't naive, just a sarcasm. But on a more serious note, This nation Is Irredeemable forget It......The empty skull elites and the gullible citizens have perfected the system

Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Germi9: 10:05am On Jan 11, 2020
bonnyhope:

Where are you from
Doesn't matter bro,I agree naija generally is dirty but Western side own na Gbuah!!!
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by Leviticuss: 10:07am On Jan 11, 2020
Eeeyah...
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:19am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:

Were the streets and bus stops built for LASG government-backed agberos, thugs and touts? Wake me up when they remove them, or you don't recognize that as a "wrongdoing" too?

Whether it is done in Ikoyi or Ikotun, what is wrong is wrong.
Enforcement is easier in certain places.
Re: Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded by erico2k2(m): 11:41am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Its a walkway, ie for people to walk fru

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Why I No Go Make Yanga": Dino Melaye Steps Out In Style / Jonathan’s Exit: Some Power Brokers Who’ll Be Swept Out Of Office / Akpabio: Udom Emmanuel, Umo Eno On War Path - The Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.