Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner (74067 Views)

Iran Says Nothing Will Be Left In Israel If It Dares To Attack Iranian Territory / Iran Says It Struck Bases Of A Dissident Militant Group In Pakistan(photos) / Iran Says UAE, Bahrain Will Bear The Severe Consequences Of Israel Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by philip0906(m): 10:18am On Jan 11, 2020
lexy2014:

In 1988, d US shot down an Iranian passenger plane killing everyone on board.
That was 32 years ago. Technology and military sophistication has advanced.

Secondly, it was an Iranian passenger plane (the target).

While this was Iran shooting down an allie nation's civilian plane, not the USA's plane.

Just this week, d US killed more than 60innocent lives in Afghanistan because it wanted to kill one Taliban commander. This is just one of d many instances were d US has killed hundreds of people in Afghanistan, Pakistan and iraq. Based on this and with what u said, how is d US better that Iran?
The American military killed a taliban leader and 60 people had to go with him. Faced with fewer options in order to get their target, 60 people had to go. They won't let go a terrorist because of 60 potential terrorists.

On the other had, Iran is shooting down a plane carrying It's own citizens.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Horus(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2020
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Frankiss44(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2020
maasoap:
The blood of the victims is on Trump's hands, simple.

Mumu talk
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Tamkurou: 10:22am On Jan 11, 2020
timesup234:
and who tell you say I be atheists? You are a confirm mugu. May thunder and sango strike your Israel Jesus

This guy confuse diee. Your confusion na A1 and na because your brain dey porous. I spit on your brain thrice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Salex007(m): 10:23am On Jan 11, 2020
that missile was hacked by US and the target was diverted. fear Americans
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Tamkurou: 10:23am On Jan 11, 2020
timesup234:
god created you not me

You no need tell us say you na aba made devil product. Nonsense boy.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Merimental(m): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
The US government already knew this because they had satellite cover over Iraq and Iran all throughout the period. They shot it down INTENTIONALLY, you have to be super naive to believe it was a mistake. They knew it was an Ukrainian airline, so the idiots thought, Oh it must he Westerners trying to flee Iran to avoid being stuck in the terrorist country before it develops to having a full blown crisis with America. These wicked terrorists were so stupid and full of wickedness they didn't even bother to check the flight manifest. They just shot it down thinking it was people from Western countries they were killing. See the picture below? Can you see the holes are pointing inside? Which proves it was an external force hit. If it was internal, the hole would be pointing outwards. That's a missile shrapnel tearing into plane during impact. That's why they rushed to the crash site to find the black box and they were hiding the black box to cover the truth. But unfortunately, America already had satellite evidence they fired the missiles that crashed the plane. And unfortunately for them 95% of the people on that plane were Iranians.

ur forensics aren't bad 4 a Nigerian.
u would make a good agent in a beta country tho.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by DelilahMakinde(f): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2020
lexy2014:

U don't know if God hates Australia that is experiencing worse things than Iran but u no that God hates Iran because Soleimani was killed and they erroneously shot down a passenger plane.

Do you believe in God ?
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Frankiss44(m): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2020
walexy100:

You are a lunatic

Lunatic is an understatement.. The guy is obviously under a spell
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by PBeni(m): 10:25am On Jan 11, 2020
gr8keeng:
that is why no one should pray for war.... there was a heightened tension in the region and the Iranians mistook the plane for an aggressor so they shot it down, now innocent lives are gone..... both sides are guilty of this.

Bullshit talk!! Why shift the blame to the US? Iran shot down the plane and they should take responsibility for it.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Pentasoft1978: 10:25am On Jan 11, 2020
GOFRONT:
Where is MURIC?
What is Muric's reaction??
MURIC has hibernated
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by diplomat058(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2020
maynation:

This is like the dumbest reason ever. They mistook the plane for an aggressor's? The same plane that took off from their own very soil? What manner of foolish mistake was that one?
They couldn't even carry out a simple monitoring of their airspace and they wanted to go into war with USA?

Iran is a monumental joke.
I am sorry to quote you but tagging yourself an Afonja in your signature is not really nice. Don't allow the divisive tactics being used by Yoruba hating lots here on narialand to work on you.

You are simply Yoruba, Nothing like Afonja, Nothing like Yoruba Muslim, Nothing like Yoruba Christian. Yoruba is Yoruba. Let the name calling be viable only in their imaginations.

I hope you get my message

1 Like

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Frankiss44(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2020
Okemmuo1:

Why didn't planes get shot down in South Korea or Japan during military tensions with North Korea?
Countries like the US, Russia, Japan, China, South Korea, Israel, Saudi Arabia, India etc have their defense system active 24/7

Why are they not shooting down planes,

Iran did it intentionally but not knowing the plane was full of Iranians.

If Iran had kill like 5 US citizens in that plane, they will be okay with that, they don't really care about the Iranians there.

Their regret now would be no US citizen was in the plane.

Exactly.. They will tell their citizens that 90 Iranians heroes had to die with the so called 5 US citizens.. Crazy country with cursed leaders
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by lucky4west: 10:26am On Jan 11, 2020
i said it from the moment i heard about the crash that these mindless and foolish Iranians had shot down that aircraft now it has been confirmed, they knew they could not hide the truth anymore, they started by not releasing the black boxes, is this how they wanted to fight the US? some of your distance missiles did not explode on impact, ll you could do was to shoot down a harmless plane and call it a mistake, nonsense look at the lives wasted...Iran you are doomed

1 Like

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Gertyman: 10:26am On Jan 11, 2020
sotall:
Just imagine!

I am really shocked that this is true.

Which kain yeye mistake be that?

You only have ballistic missiles now and you are mis-firing, what about when you now have nuclear weapons?

I wonder o.. And they denied it. If they (Iran) cannot differentiate between passengers aircraft, its a shame. Technology has evolved beyond 1988 with regards to defence. And moreover, how can't their defense radar didn't picked that it would be passengers aircraft flying at Mach 0.8 which is the highest subsonic speed for commercial aircraft (whereas the aircraft is still climbing and by then even less than its maximum speed). Also, flight paths are always provided for pilots to follow before taken off. And they often communicate with Air traffic controller until they are out of range and by then plane transponder takes over. And since the plane is still inside Iran, it can't miss its way. There is even a protocol before taking action. You either scrambled a fight jet to double check or radio to the unknown/unidentified aircraft to either change directions away from military installations or confirm his identity. Which I believe the pilot will respond knowing the current situation of Iran with US. Iran are inexperienced. Let them not make mouth to the US.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by lexy2014: 10:29am On Jan 11, 2020
philip0906:

Lol...Make una dey fool unaself!

Iran that cannot differentiate enemy jet from civilian jet in it's own airspace but wants to go to war with a sophisticated USA?

You definitely can't allow such rookies lay their filthy hands on a nuclear war head, they just might self destruct and blow their citizens into oblivon.

America has had precision strikes from killing Iran's most senior military head and the taliban leader. And yes, the Taliban leader who was killed alongside 60 " civilian " casualties, was no mistake.

Iran on the other hand, has been mis firing...From firing 20 rockets aimlessly into Iraq that didn't inflict any American casualties (remember this missile launch was supposed to be their own retaliation) to firing down a civilian airplane that killed over 100 of their citizens.

Lol...You see why many of us know that Iran is small fry to the USA or even Israel and do not possess the sophistication needed to drive a world war.

I am not here arguing for or against who is more powerful or who is less powerful.
If Iran couldn't different between a passenger plane and a military plane, what was d US thinking when it shot down a passenger plane in 1988? Same "crime". I honestly don't see what u are contesting.

Its funny how u guys try to justify d killing of innocent lives when d US is responsible but call it terrorism when its Iran. Its hypocrisy and double speak at its best. Human life is sacrosanct irrespective of who is involved.

For claims that Iran fired "aimlessly", be informed that 13 of the missiles it fired hit d military bases housing US troops. D reason no casualties were recorded was because d US took precautionary measures to limit d risk from their end.

1 Like

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by lexy2014: 10:30am On Jan 11, 2020
DelilahMakinde:

Do you believe in God ?

How's that relevant to d discussion?
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by JackTiger: 10:31am On Jan 11, 2020
American Intelligence Offices had reported Irsn shot down the plane.That will show them they are no match for America.Person wey no sabi play ball dey use fear score own goal. RIP to all this victims of a Terrorist State of Iran.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by philip0906(m): 10:32am On Jan 11, 2020
lexy2014:

I am not here arguing for or against who is more powerful or who is less powerful.
If Iran couldn't different between a passenger plane and a military plane, what was d US thinking when it shot down a passenger plane in 1988? Same "crime". I honestly don't see what u are contesting.

Its funny how u guys try to justify d killing of innocent lives when d US is responsible but call it terrorism when its Iran. Its hypocrisy and double speak at its best. Human life is sacrosanct irrespective of who is involved.

For claims that Iran fired "aimlessly", be informed that 13 of the missiles it fired hit d military bases housing US troops. D reason no casualties were recorded was because d US took precautionary measures to limit d risk from their end.

Stop mentioning 1988 my friend. This is 2020. Technology, military hardware and sophistication has evolved.

America is living in 2020, Iran is living in 1988.

You're giving me reasons why Iran's missiles couldn't inflict civilian casualties? You further buttress my point, Iran is a learner. If America can easily counter missiles what military prowess does Iran then posses to inflict damage to the USA?

3 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Xmen149(m): 10:32am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
The US government already knew this because they had satellite cover over Iraq and Iran all throughout the period. They shot it down INTENTIONALLY, you have to be super naive to believe it was a mistake. They knew it was an Ukrainian airline, so the idiots thought, Oh it must he Westerners trying to flee Iran to avoid being stuck in the terrorist country before it develops to having a full blown crisis with America. These wicked terrorists were so stupid and full of wickedness they didn't even bother to check the flight manifest. They just shot it down thinking it was people from Western countries they were killing. See the picture below? Can you see the holes are pointing inside? Which proves it was an external force hit. If it was internal, the hole would be pointing outwards. That's a missile shrapnel tearing into plane during impact. That's why they rushed to the crash site to find the black box and they were hiding the black box to cover the truth. But unfortunately, America already had satellite evidence they fired the missiles that crashed the plane. And unfortunately for them 95% of the people on that plane were Iranians.

you are right

the flight was moving from Iran out ..not out to Iran the transposer was on (military flights go stealth if no clearance).

military defense system detect treat and hit alarm,the controller confirms and initiate to execute(as a last minute check,..)

again flights have been in and out of that airport and zone for more than an hour before the hit

Iran knows something we don't..they better start talking mofo that can't handle missile but hunting for nuclear war devices..I seriously smell Russia in all this
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by XklusivGistBlog(m): 10:33am On Jan 11, 2020
Bigflamie:
And this is a country that really want to have nuclear weapon

Us. should start massive bombings on their uranium enrichment sites asap.

I second the motion sir!
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Skmoda360(m): 10:33am On Jan 11, 2020
Rgade:
lipsrsealed
Where are all the anti US war experts here on Nairaland that swore that Iran didn't shoot down that plane.?
Even that annoying KingAzubuike that went so far to claim that it was the US that shot it down.
I wonder how it wasn't so obvious that Iran did it with all the live anti aircraft missiles they had lying around.
Engine failure indeed, both engines failed at the same time and burst into flames... and nairalanders were running with it like Dumbo's in here.
Everyone now loves Iran, the same Iran they accused of sponsoring Shiite "terrorists"
Nigerians are a messed up people.
Not all bro.....some still have sense of reasoning...

1 Like

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 11, 2020
sotall:
Just imagine!

I am really shocked that this is true.

Which kain yeye mistake be that?

You only have ballistic missiles now and you are mis-firing, what about when you now have nuclear weapons?

abi. That’s how they would wipe out Israel and claim it was a mistake.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Cchuks27(m): 10:35am On Jan 11, 2020
Horus:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10865758_screenshot20200111060646_png42eca5a028581448ec17df769af6a33e

Honestly, it's an unforgivable mistake! Part of my new year resolution is to double check things before confirming. Someone messed me up last year and I'm still in trouble for that, just because I trusted the foooool.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by lexy2014: 10:38am On Jan 11, 2020
philip0906:

That was 32 years ago. Technology and military sophistication has advanced.

Secondly, it was an Iranian passenger plane (the target).

While this was Iran shooting down an allie nation's civilian plane, not the USA's plane.

The American military killed a taliban leader and 60 people had to go with him. Faced with fewer options in order to get their target, 60 people had to go. They won't let go a terrorist because of 60 potential terrorists.

On the other had, Iran is shooting down a plane carrying It's own citizens.

If it was Iran that shot down a passenger plane 32years ago, u wouldn't wish it of as an inconsequential event. D important thing is that innocent lives were lost and someone was responsible and in this instance, its d US. D problem with ur argument is that when d US kills innocent lives, it is justified but when Iran does it even in error, it is terrorism.

Even ur excuse that d reason 4d 1988 incident was because their technology wasn't advanced, further contradicts ur claims. because with d "Technology and military sophistication that has advanced", d US is still killing innocent souls just like it has been doing in Afghanistan.

Human life is sacrosanct and u can't justify d killing of innocent souls because d US did it. Y did their "advanced technology and military sophistication" not prevent d death of d 60lives? Are d 60 souls unimportant because they were killed by d US? If it was Iran that killed those people in error, would u say it was justified?
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by DelilahMakinde(f): 10:39am On Jan 11, 2020
lexy2014:

How's that relevant to d discussion?

Oh it's very relevant, I can assure you.

We cannot back and forth over a discussion involving an entity whose existence is not confirmed by both parties.

Anyway, you already answered my question.

Have a lovely weekend.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by AlBaqir(m): 10:42am On Jan 11, 2020
charliboy654:

So are u expecting us to praise Iran because US has done same mistake 32 yrs ago

Absolutely No. I ONLY want to expose your hypocrisy by condemning one and praising the other.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Malawian(m): 10:42am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
It would have been forgivable if the they fired that missile in error (thinking the occupants of that plane were westerners). Make no mistakes, they fired that missile intentionally and they also know the manifest of that plane. Now this is what i believe they tried to achieve...

After the first salvo of missiles into US army bases without reply, There were reports in the media that Iran has launched a "second wave" of missile attacks. They were hoping to draw a response from the US missile batteries stationed in Iraq. They wanted to blame the US as being the ones who shot down the Airline.

Just look at the manifest. Iranians together with US allied nationals, effectively pitting Donald Trump against his allies, while giving Iranians something to make noise with for some time.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by lexy2014: 10:43am On Jan 11, 2020
philip0906:

Stop mentioning 1988 my friend. This is 2020. Technology, military hardware and sophistication has evolved.

America is living in 2020, Iran is living in 1988.

You're giving me reasons why Iran's missiles couldn't inflict civilian casualties? You further buttress my point, Iran is a learner. If America can easily counter missiles what military prowess does Iran then posses to inflict damage to the USA?

Y shouldn't I mention 1988? Did I use your mouth to mention it? If it was Iran that shot down a plane in 1988, would u prefer to sweep it under d carpet citing advancement in military technology? With all d US military sophistication and technology, y couldn't it kill d Taliban commander without killing an extra 60 innocent lives?

Like I said, am not debating whether d US is stronger than Iran militarily. U are itching for that debate and am not interested in it. D topic is about human lives not about who is stronger or about who is weaker
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by lexy2014: 10:45am On Jan 11, 2020
DelilahMakinde:

Oh it's very relevant, I can assure you.

We cannot back and forth over a discussion involving an entity whose existence is not confirmed by both parties.

Anyway, you already answered my question.

Have a lovely weekend.

Since u say its relevant, tell me how it is relevant to d discussion. Don't run yet, fire down. Am really interested in what u have to say
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Cchuks27(m): 10:45am On Jan 11, 2020
Mouthgag:

95%...

So many olodos on nairaland.

As in ehh ... Very stupiddd analysis. Some people when they see (f) they just like the comment without adequate reasoning

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

Russian-Major General Roman Kutuzov Killed By Ukrainian Forces. GRAPHIC PIC. / Biden Wins More Votes Than Any Candidate In US History, Breaks Obama's Record / 10-Foot-Long Alligator Stuns Residents In Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.