Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,304 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States (2399 Views)

Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum / Why Can't Abians And Ebonyi Defend Their States ? / Shehu Sani Reacts As Fashola Says "Some States Have Almost 24 Hours Supply" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by naptu2: 9:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
maynation:
I don't even know the demonym of my state sef.
My dear ondo state? Is it necessary??

Ondo and Edo are meant to share something in common (although it's a bit controversial). The demonym is meant to be exactly the same as the name of the state. This is because there was an ancient kingdom called Ondo and the people of that kingdom are known as Ondo. (The problem is that I don't think that all the people that are from Ondo State are from that kingdom). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ondo_Kingdom

Similarly, people from Edo State are known as Edo, because there is an ethnicity known as Edo (the controversy is that I'm not sure that all the people from Edo State are from that ethnicity).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edo_people

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by BeardedMeat(m): 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
maynation:

Well I'm originally from Akoko.
Buy now you are a lagosian.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by maynation(f): 11:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
BeardedMeat:
Buy now you are a lagosian.

Lol. Lagosian? Tufiakwa
Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by maynation(f): 11:29pm On Jan 11, 2020
naptu2:

Ondo and Edo are meant to share something in common (although it's a bit controversial). The demonym is meant to be exactly the same as the name of the state. This is because there was an ancient kingdom called Ondo and the people of that kingdom are known as Ondo. (The problem is that I don't think that all the people that are from Ondo State are from that kingdom). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ondo_Kingdom

Similarly, people from Edo State are known as Edo, because there is an ethnicity known as Edo (the controversy is that I'm not sure that all the people from Edo State are from that ethnicity).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edo_people

Ohh. Thank you Naptu2.
I have actually heard Edo people being called Edo, never knew same goes to us too.
It's strange sha.
Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Iamgrey5(m): 8:56am On Jan 12, 2020
maynation:
Well I'm originally from Akoko.
my inlaw shocked grin
Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by BeerParIour: 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
Simplyleo:

All this one sees everywhere is omenka. Is that how dude has affected you? Sorry. Choi, omenka really handled some people with iron hands. grin

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Simplyleo: 8:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
[quote author=BeerParIour post=88483350][/quote]
More pls. I can never be tired of keeping people busy. grin

Oya, let's have it.

But be making it at least 4 pictures, so I can have sufficient number. This one you are making it one one no make sense.

Use Google search, they are all over the internet. Take your time and search them very well, then post them, let me see. grin

And, just at a glance, I observe you are repeating, e don finish from your album? grin grin grin
Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
IMO imolite

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Imo Governor Attacked By Ohaji Youths. Photo / Aba: A Commercial City Of Sorrow, Forgotten, Abandoned By Her Own Leaders / Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.