Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,463 members, 7,812,413 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States (2401 Views)

Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum / Why Can't Abians And Ebonyi Defend Their States ? / Shehu Sani Reacts As Fashola Says "Some States Have Almost 24 Hours Supply" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Simplyleo: 5:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
Indigenes of Lagos are called Lagosians
Indigenes of Delta state - Deltans
From Bayelsa - Bayelsan
From Kogi - Kogites
From Kwara - Kwarans
From Abia - Abians
Akwa Ibom - Akwa Ibomites etc

But how do you call people from Adamawa? Is it Adamawians?
Same goes for Benue, Enugu, Edo Bauchi, Kano, Katsina and a host of others.
Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Lochlan: 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
dumb thread.

those identifications are informal so they're not bound by it in anyway

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by naptu2: 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
Simplyleo:
Indigenes of Lagos are called Lagosians
Indigenes of Delta state - Deltans
From Bayelsa - Bayelsan
From Kogi - Kogites
From Kwara - Kwarans
From Abia - Abians
Akwa Ibom - Akwa Ibomites etc

But how do you call people from Adamawa? Is it Adamawians?
Same goes for Benue, Enugu, Edo Bauchi, Kano, Katsina and a host of others.

States and demonyms

Kano = Kanawa

Enugu = Ndi Enugu

Edo = Edo

Katsina = Katsinawa

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Sammy07: 5:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
Cos, it won't sound pleasant to ear.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Formularcr7: 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
Op, you're a very good example of a lazy youth.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Simplyleo: 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
Formularcr7:
Op, you're a very good example of a lazy youth.
Since you are a hardworking youth, mind explaining to the lazy youths?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Simplyleo: 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
naptu2:

States and demonyms

Kano = Kanawa

Enugu = Ndi Enugu

Edo = Edo

Katsina = Katsinawa
demonyms. So that's the right word? Learnt a new word today. Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Gandollar(f): 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Omenka omenka!
Whiny little omenka! grin

Want some ice-cream? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Simplyleo: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gandollar:
Omenka omenka!
Whiny little omenka! grin

Want some ice-cream? grin
All this one sees everywhere is omenka. Is that how dude has affected you? Sorry. Choi, omenka really handled some people with iron hands. grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Simplyleo: 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gandollar:
Lukatew!

You that was thoroughly violated here till you went underground grin

Small breathing space and you are making mouth again.

Honestly, omenka is truly a legend. He has so dealt with some people that they now see him everwhere, even in nighmares. grin

Oga, I'm not omenka, though you may continue seeing omenka in me and many other usernames. Is one of those effects. grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
Borno - Boko Haram
Adamawa-bomb blast
Osun- Ritual killing
Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by helinues: 7:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
Ogun indigenes - Ogunaian

grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Afamed: 7:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
Simplyleo:

All this one sees everywhere is omenka. Is that how dude has affected you? Sorry. Choi, omenka really handled some people with iron hands. grin
Omenka really kept the guy where he belonged,hence he sees Omenka even when he's sleeping

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
naptu2:

States and demonyms

Kano = Kanawa

Enugu = Ndi Enugu

Edo = Edos

Katsina = Katsinawa

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Blue3k(m): 7:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
Not every place has an easy demonym. I guess its what ever fits.
Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by naptu2: 7:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
The thing is that demonyms are not always created in the same way. There are some demonyms that might seem unusual.

For example:

A person from England is English, a person from Finland is Finnish, but a person from The Netherlands is Dutch.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by maynation(f): 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
I don't even know the demonym of my state sef. My dear ondo state? Is it necessary??

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by tck2000(m): 8:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
helinues:
Ogun indigenes - Ogunaian
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Iamgrey5(m): 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2020
maynation:
I don't even know the demonym of my state sef.
My dear ondo state? Is it necessary??
Ondonian grin

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by maynation(f): 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Ondonian grin
gringrin we forgive you.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Iamgrey5(m): 8:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
maynation:

gringrin we forgive you.
I guess you are from Akure, Owo or Akoko
Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by maynation(f): 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
I guess you are from Akure, Owo or Akoko

Are those the only parts you know?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by Iamgrey5(m): 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
maynation:

Are those the only parts you know?
Emm Yes grin

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Indigenes Of Some States Be Directly Identified With Their States by maynation(f): 9:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Emm Yes grin
Well I'm originally from Akoko.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo: Why Do We Love Lies? / Video: Naval Officers Celebrate The Sack Of Their Boss, Th Chief Of Naval Staff. / Breaking News!! Tinubu Fake Age Exposed !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.