Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum (32150 Views)

Makinde: No Governor Received ₦‎30 Billion, Akpabio just playing politics / Nnamdi Kanu Hails Northern Elders’ Forum For Call On Herdsmen’s Return / Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by nairavsdollars(f): 4:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
The Northern Elders Forum (NEF) on Thursday said some states are playing politics with numbers of people that tested positive from the COVID-19 pandemic in order to get more grants from the Federal Government and foreign donors.

In a statement issued and signed by the Convener of the Forum, Professor Ango Abdullahi, the forum noted that what the country needs are good policies and facilities that would protect the citizenry.

The forum said that the country can turn things around with the current resources available in transparent and professional manner.

"The forum regrets the appearance of attempts by many state governments to play politics with numbers for what appears to be expectations that more funds from Federal Government and foreign donors will be allocated to them.

“It is public knowledge that what the entire nation needs are good policies that protect all Nigerians; equipment and facilities for testing and treatment and resources to support people who will find it hard to stay at home without some palliatives during lockdowns.

“The forum acknowledges the assistance, in funds and equipment, from the international community. These gestures of support for our efforts at a time when they face their own problems are particularly appreciated, and it is important that our governments put them to prompt and effective use.

“The Forum similarly appreciates the tremendous assistance of Nigerian individuals and corporate bodies in this fight.

We hope that all governments will utilise the vast assets in expertise, goodwill and integrity available in the private sector and professional groups and individuals in the country and involve them in all stages in the fight against this pandemic.

“These requirements can be met with resources currently available, but they need to be put at the service of the public in a transparent and professional manner.

“Policies that waste progress in some parts of the country and others which trample on the rights of vulnerable groups must be discouraged. States should adopt policies that suit their peculiarities, but the nation as a whole must agree on, and implement basic policies that protect the entire population,” it said.

While condoling with with the families who have lost members to this pandemic, and prays for the full recovery of others who have tested positive to the virus, the forum commends the efforts of the Federal Government towards addressing the situation in Kano.

“In particular, we commend the decision to deploy a strong medical team to, among others, verify the causes of many deaths that are being popularly attributed to the pandemic as well as assist the government of Kano State to improve its facilities, investigations and treatment of suspected infections and those who are infected".

https://www.independent.ng/some-states-playing-politics-with-covid-19-to-get-fg-funds-foreign-donors-northern-elders/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by delugajackson: 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
This is common knowledge. Politicians will always use crisis as an avenue to loot, under different guise and forms.

You will be surprised at the staggering amount they will claim was espended on this pandemic. Even the so called relief palliatives are not visible, but only audible to the ears.

Everyday, I'm accosted with people asking for help. I try in my capacity to render help. I was moved to tears when I saw a grown up man begging with 4 children on the road. God have mercy. Even NairaLand has turned to Beggarland of recent. With different monickers littering their account numbers all over the place, begging for alms from one thread to another. And yet, you wonder where all the donations trumpeted by the government have been used for. It's very disappointing, where we are as a nation.

180 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by DanseMacabre(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
The most docile, hypocritical, inactive and uninfluential pressure group in Nigeria.

Name the states make we hear na, not all this speculation

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by Stephenomozzy(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
grin

This iz Nigeeria! Politics is the prefix of everything. And while they're piling numbers and giving executive orders to mimic a half-baked version of measures taken by other resonable leaders in other countries, our own governors and even FG are pursuing shadows.

Let's pray the pandemic ends soonest.... When the amount that will be submitted as report of expenses incurred is put out and the massive looting that we will see, even Abacha will have low self-esteem.

Here's an opportunity to not just blame past administrations for the incoming economic crisis, but Covid-19 will be the sacrificial lamb upon which the looted and misappropriated funds will be pegged on.

Brace up Nigeria, the Storm is coming,
And corruption + looting said, I am the storm.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by Otuegbe: 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
Na una people

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by ignis: 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
Nigerian politicians will always take advantage of every little opportunity. This is just like stealing in a funeral.
We need to get it right for once, especially in this period of COVID-19.

10 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
It's hard to believe the Nigerian Thieves are using a global pandemic to loot monies meant for it's citizens. They ordered a 4 week lockdown and did not do anything during those 4-5 weeks, they are lifting the lockdown because they have finished sharing the COVID-19 funds that were donated to Nigerians. Nigerians deserve the leaders they voted for.

18 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by ExpIorers: 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
Simplyleo is their spokesman

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by 2by40ft: 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
ree
Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by LibertyRep: 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
It's not impossible.
It's hard to trust some of these Chief Executives of states

3 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by GodPunishCorona: 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
Just imagine what Nigeria has turned into.

2 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by rummmy: 5:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kano and Lagos state comes to mind.... Rivers wanted to key in but...... As its a PDP state.That man should go on a personal isolation shaaa

8 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by bolaayenimo: 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
Will you keep kwayet? I dont know of Kano but leave Lagos out of it. Lagos deserves every penny it gets in fighting COVID-19 as the state with the highest number of casualties.
rummmy:
Kano and Lagos state comes to mind.... Rivers wanted to key in but...... As its a PDP state.That man should go on a personal isolation shaaa

15 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by Iamgrey5(m): 6:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
With all due respect to the Elders in the North, I believe they are also playing politics with the Covid19 issue by issuing this kind of statement.

I think it's important for elders like them to wait till the end of the saga before making allegations they cannot substantiate.

16 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by Iamgrey5(m): 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Will you keep kwayet? I dont know of Kano but leave Lagos out of it. Lagos deserves every penny it gets in fighting COVID-19 as the state with the highest number of casualties.
The money given to Lagos is nothing compared to what Lagos state government has lost in tax revenue as a result of the lock down imposed by the federal government.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
I have lost count the number of times I have been to market to restock my food. Thank God.

People dey suffer o.

When will FG use BVN to pay me palliatives ?

4 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by okpalaAnambra: 10:36am On May 01, 2020
Kano is number one..Gandollar needs 15b naira badly

15 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by EdoPrince93(m): 10:36am On May 01, 2020
Lagos and Kano state comes to mind...shameless governors trying to cause panic just to receive funds for looting....Criminal elements in public offices pretending to be leaders of their respective states...
All this evil leaders of our nation wont find peace until they change their ways for good....

Where's that psychophantic dead vulture griller with his tainted meat... undecided
Useless the "We at vulturebbqgrills "...

19 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by Nbote(m): 10:37am On May 01, 2020
It isnt rocket science to know dat Nigerian politicians in particular will always find a way to enrich their pockets from d pandemic and other disasters faced by d ppl... From BokoHaram, to Flooding disasters to farmers/herders clashes to even provision of basic amenities and infrastructures; the political class find a way to benefit and enrich themselves at d detriment of d suffering masses. It's nothing new..

5 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by Cammo: 10:37am On May 01, 2020
Of course, this is true. Especially Lagos and Kano.

1 Like

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by Bukasint(f): 10:37am On May 01, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by chukwuibuipob: 10:37am On May 01, 2020
sad b4 nkoh?Some of us here aren’t f00ls.90%of the case in dis corn tree are/is fake.Anybody dat have malaria,typhoid fever,sneeze/have Jedi Jedi (pile)nah covid 419 .European union dashed us 21 billion,nah second day sokoto state have 71 case.May that Coro kee those bastards and their household

18 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by nurez305(m): 10:37am On May 01, 2020
We know that most states are using it to cash out

3 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by ignis: 10:37am On May 01, 2020
GodPunishCorona:
Just imagine what Nigeria has turned into.

Nigeria have been like this for long.

7 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by 9japride(m): 10:37am On May 01, 2020
DanseMacabre:
The most docile, hypocritical, inactive and uninfluential pressure group in Nigeria.
[color=#006600][/color]

They will never criticize the present government of Buhari and advice him to be more accommodating in he's government.
Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by gbebodye(f): 10:38am On May 01, 2020
Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by oluwatunde1984(m): 10:38am On May 01, 2020
Plain truth or naked truth

2 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by BigBashiru: 10:39am On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
It's hard to believe the Nigerian Thieves are using a global pandemic to loot monies meant for it's citizens. They ordered a 4 week lockdown and did not nothing during those 4 weeks, the are lifting the lockdown because they have finished sharing the COVID-19 funds that were donated. Nigerians deserve the leaders they voted for.

Is it news to you that the black race is cursed spiritually?
Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by olumide3367(m): 10:39am On May 01, 2020
M angry
Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by Benbellamor: 10:40am On May 01, 2020
delugajackson:
This is common knowledge. Politicians will always use crisis as an avenue to loot, under different guise and forms.

You will be surprised at the staggering amount they will claim was espended on this pandemic. Even the so called relief palliatives are not visible, but only audible to the ears.

Everyday, I'm accosted with people asking for help. I try in my capacity to render help. I was moved to tears when I saw a grown up man begging with 4 children on the road. God have mercy. Even NairaLand has turned to Beggarland of recent. With different monickers littering their account numbers all over the place, begging for alms from one thread to another. And yet, you wonder where all the donations trumpeted by the government have been used for. It's very disappointing, where we are as a nation.
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CHOSE TO WORK WITH THOSE ROUGES, WHAT STOP FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO PAY ITS CITIZENS USING THE BVN?

4 Likes

Re: Some States Playing Politics With COVID-19 To Get Money - Northern Elders Forum by Kendumazy(m): 10:40am On May 01, 2020
Not surprised. Our leaders can do and undo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

’15m Youths Endorse Yahaya Bello For President’ / Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity / Things That The Next President Of Nigeria Is Expected To Put Back In Order.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.