Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,560 members, 7,812,817 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes (42487 Views)

Africa’s Top 10 Billionaires In 2024 / Top 10 Richest Men Africa | Forbes 2023 List / Top 10 Richest Men Africa | Forbes 2023 List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by BULLIONVAN4(m): 11:44am On Jan 12, 2020
dandollar1:
It's amazing when people who haven't gone out of Nigeria rely on Google to spew nonsense. I just came back from SA yesterday night. Patriotism aside, those guys are not our mate in ANYWAY. They are far far far ahead of us.The beauty and infrastructures in places like jborg and capetown can be compared to Europe. Nigeria no reach at all..... In fact, I'm not sure we can catch up with them.All through my stay, power never went out for one day. Let people keep rejoicing at this audio achievement. We are giants of Africa for mouth so sad.
my brother, the thing tire me..., how can someone in his right thinking, for any reason compare Nigeria with SA??

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by IronGalaxy: 11:45am On Jan 12, 2020
geloorrrrdd:
But these suburbs areas are reserved for the whites. Only few blacks actually live there.

Isn't this where your type mostly live?
You always post the same pics to make a stupid point, some of our people unfortunately live in such conditions along with poor migrants from all over Africa, but black South Africans are the biggest middle class in South Africa meaning many don't live in such conditions, many live in surbubs, mansions, clean townships etc, by all means, post pics of them too, or they don't exist?

In any case, large parts of your country and your much vaunted Lagos look like this or should i ask SUFFERinSMILIN to provide pictures?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by IronGalaxy: 11:46am On Jan 12, 2020
dandollar1:
It's amazing when people who haven't gone out of Nigeria rely on Google to spew nonsense. I just came back from SA yesterday night. Patriotism aside, those guys are not our mate in ANYWAY. They are far far far ahead of us.The beauty and infrastructures in places like jborg and capetown can be compared to Europe. Nigeria no reach at all..... In fact, I'm not sure we can catch up with them.All through my stay, power never went out for one day. Let people keep rejoicing at this audio achievement. We are giants of Africa for mouth so sad.
The truth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by IronGalaxy: 11:47am On Jan 12, 2020
dandollar1:

Bros, compare our urban areas to theirs. I like when people say the truth.
Now, forget the rural areas or township, which I think you are referring to. Those places are even well planned with good roads.
Those people are well ahead of us in infrastructures.
even many our townships look better than your high class areas

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by geloorrrrdd(m): 11:54am On Jan 12, 2020
IronGalaxy:
You always post the same pics to make a stupid point, some of our people unfortunately live in such conditions along with poor migrants from all over Africa, but black South Africans are the biggest middle class in South Africa meaning many don't live in such conditions, many live in surbubs, mansions, clean townships etc, by all means, post pics of them too, or they don't exist?

In any case, large parts of your country and your much vaunted Lagos look like this or should i ask SUFFERinSMILIN to provide pictures?
"BlACk SoUTh AFricAnS aRe tHE BiGgesT mIDdLE cLAss iN SOuth AfRiCA"
"mAnY SoUTh AfRiCaNs LiVE in suBuRBS"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by guru90: 11:54am On Jan 12, 2020
1x2x3:
Lol..... Tech without electricity

U nailed it brother.
No constant Electricity.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by IronGalaxy: 11:54am On Jan 12, 2020
geloorrrrdd:
Black South Africans are one of the most primitive sets of il.literates in the world.

Most of what South Africa has today were inherited from colonization.

Thirty years after Apartheid, they are still the group with the highest unemployment rate and the highest crime and corruption in the country.

Not forgetting rape, prostitution and childbirth.

To add icing on the cake, the whites earn three times their salary.
grin
Lol, You sound dumber and dumber the more you open your mouth. Is there an African country with more prostitutes in Europe than Nigeria? Even in South Africa your women in dingy clubs ask us if we "wanna fvck" with that ugly baritone accent of yours

You breed-like rats and you have the audacity in dissing us about childbirth, ?

Rape is also a problem in your country with old men marrying toddlers all on the name of religion

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by Teebilion: 11:55am On Jan 12, 2020
Nathdoug201:
getting where..
Zombie kip deceiving themselves since time immemorial
who argues with a pessimist
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by 1x2x3: 11:56am On Jan 12, 2020
[s]
Basher8583:

Very interesting....
You had to quote me twice without making sense of your quote.

You're doing better than me?
Well let me put it this way..... I'm not suffering from inferiority complex...My wealth and achievements are mine and not for public consumption. If I choose NOT to flaunt it on anybody's face it is not an indication that I am poor or under achived. Hope you understand this as its not common amongst your peers.
[/s]

Go do something meaningful.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by IronGalaxy: 11:57am On Jan 12, 2020
geloorrrrdd:
Showing poor areas proves what exactly? Even Brazil has such areas and you aren't in their standard

And yes black South Africans are the biggest middle class
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by IronGalaxy: 11:58am On Jan 12, 2020
geloorrrrdd:
"mAnY SoUTh AfRiCaNs LiVE in suBuRBS"
And in happen to live in a surbub too, show that too, unless you have an agenda
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by IronGalaxy: 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
geloorrrrdd:
Black South Africans are one of the most primitive set of il.literates in the world.

Most of what South Africa have today, were inherited from colonization.

Thirty years after Apartheid, they are still the group with the highest unemployment rate, and highest crime and corruption in the country.

Not forgetting rape, prostitution and child birth.

grin
I see more primitiveness and barbarism in you than anyone else actually

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by geloorrrrdd(m): 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Showing poor areas proves what exactly? Even Brazil has such areas and you aren't in their standard

And yes black South Africans are the biggest middle class
Yes, But unlike South Africa, the rural areas in Brazil are not reserved for a particular "group of people" grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by IronGalaxy: 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
geloorrrrdd:
Black South Africans are one of the most primitive set of il.literates in the world.

Thirty years after Apartheid, they are still the group with the highest unemployment rate, and highest crime and corruption in the country.

grin
As for illiteracy, nigga sit down

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by geloorrrrdd(m): 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
IronGalaxy:
I see more primitiveness and barbarism in you than anyone else actually
Lol. This stuff also happens in South Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by samfrancis1(m): 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Teebilion:
As expected , I know a lot of people will see the bad aspect of this news , but the news is a good one , it means we are getting there
look around to u and tell me you believe this is true
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by IronGalaxy: 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
geloorrrrdd:
Yes, But unlike South Africa, the rural areas in Brazil are not reserved for a particular "group of people" grin
Its true when they say empty vessels make the most noise. many Afrikanners are to be found in rural areas. Anyone who's been to south Africa knows this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by IronGalaxy: 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
geloorrrrdd:
Lol. This stuff also happens in South Africa.
Nice try. We do not exactly have hotspots for ritual killings. You are savages, loudmouth ones at that

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by XANDERBOY85: 12:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
Flexherbal:
Good !

What we lack in this country are good leaders.

A country gets the leadership it deserves! You think these so called 'leaders' are fom Mars?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by IronGalaxy: 12:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
geloorrrrdd:

grin
we are primitive and yet you simpletons haven't even learnt basic hygiene yet, oh the irony

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by larryking540: 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
MaddySav:
Top tech nation with the highest rate of unemployment
Graduates roaming about

I don't know how they make up this statistics behind our back ,

A country that the traffic light shows all the lights indicator at the same time

Make we day decive our self

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by Colehn1800: 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
Rosskii:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tobyshapshak/2019/07/11/africas-booming-tech-hubs-are-backbone-of-tech-ecosystem-having-grown-40-this-year/#2305428e24c2
Just heard that Nigeria is now the top tech nation in Africa, for me we are not at the top yet when we can't change mundane processes, the status quo and we don't have companies/startups that creates products that hooks people and make raving fans. But we have some outliers I know doing something special. For me what caused the growth was because of our sociological architecture, Nigerians rush to things that make money and they live/like to copy! That's why you will see startups thinking like the normal Nigerian company, "oiling the Status quo" what we need is energy, passion and crazy people with crazy ideas, we need the kind of energy that the valley had in 1970s,80s and 90s and 00s. �
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
hey guys some one please send me website where I can download Indian films with subtitles
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by bakescos01: 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
Tflex01:
Now that Buhari administration is getting all the things they were using to praise GEJ then and more.....

Can we now agree that GEJ was also a failure

GEJ and BUHARI are both failures. We keep loosing our galant soldiers to extremist and there first priority and duty is to protect every single life of Nigerians. But, people are still dying everyday and police keep killing innocent citizens and nothing is done. Our country at the moment is a fail state.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by CSTR2: 1:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Are you saying Nigeria will turn into Gambia of Igbos go? I don't think so. It may even prosper more.
Yes.
Because losing the most industrious and educated part of your population will suddenly make you better.

Or the abokiis would suddenly become very progressive.

You don't know what you are praying for. I pity you.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by tot(f): 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
contigiency:

You lied, Mark Zuckerberg would not have failed in Nigeria if he applied the same ingenuity he applied in America. Besides, Nigeria is not a den of failures. Nigeria has produced the likes of Dangote, Otedola, Innosson, Soyinka, Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia, Festus Akimgbola, Emeka Of, Artur Eze and countless others.

Those who fail are those of you who on a daily basis curse the country saying that there is nothing good about Nigeria. So you cannot curse the land that you till to plant crops and expect it to yield abundantly for you at the time of harvest.

Basic principle.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
geloorrrrdd:
But these suburbs areas are reserved for the whites. Only few blacks actually live there.

Isn't this where your type mostly live?

Dont tell me you expect an reply from me.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by APCNig: 1:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
MaddySav:
Graduates roaming about

Hatred and bitterness is the reason why you are jobless, sad, frustrated and depressed. From January to December 2020, it shall be good news in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by MaddySav: 1:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
APCNig:

Hatred and bitterness is the reason why you are jobless, sad, frustrated and depressed. From January to December 2020, it shall be good news in Nigeria.

I am self employed
I trade fx
Just stated the facts thats too bitter for cowards like you to say
Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by Kingspin(m): 1:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
MaddySav:
Graduates roaming about
The little glory has nothing to do with govt support is purely Nigerian workaholic spirit keeping the country.

For government is a lazy entity

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes by zedman1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
Flexherbal:
Good !

What we lack in this country are good leaders.
It's not just the leaders bro, the leaders are selected from amongst the people by the people. In other words, we are averagely not good people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Five Fastest Growing Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria / Viral "Papa bar" Story Inspires Guinness To Support Bar Owners, Bartenders / Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.