Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,503 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? (3676 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 7:25am On Jan 14, 2020
Maximus69:

Confirmed!

False accusations!

Thanks Sir! wink
If u say so fine but I hate u guys with passion. Your hypocrites is just beyond my comprehension. On meeting days, u see him in his best shirt & tie but on days we chill at a bar drinking alcohol( I kept on asking him if what he is doing is proper, he tells me is not a sin as long as he is not drinking to stupor). One of your female members also dresses like a harlot online but dress gorgeously on meeting days yet they claim they are gospel preachers.

During October of every year, u see them in Daluwon for "convention". You guys believe u are self righteous and that every other preachers are false. So I asked my friend Eze, "are u saying there are no true preacher in other Ministry."? He answered yes! Since that day I hate u people with passion. You try to preacher to a JW, they ll never ever give u audience but they ll find every means to gain audience with you even when you tell them no. I told u before I warned your members never to ring my door bell again & I;m glad they listened. Even as am arguing with u, I feel like .......

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 14, 2020
WINDSOW:
If u say so fine but I hate u guys with passion. Your hypocrites is just beyond my comprehension. On meeting days, u see him in his best shirt & tie but on days we chill at a bar drinking alcohol( I kept on asking him if what he is doing is proper, he tells me is not a sin as long as he is not drinking to stupor). One of your female members also dresses like a harlot online but dress gorgeously on meeting days yet they claim they are gospel preachers.

During October of every year, u see them in Daluwon for "convention". You guys believe u are self righteous and that every other preachers are false. So I asked my friend Eze, "are u saying there are no true preacher in other Ministry."? He answered yes! Since that day I hate u people with passion. You try to preacher to a JW, they ll never ever give u audience but they ll find every means to gain audience with you even when you tell them no. I told u before I warned your members never to ring my door bell again & I;m glad they listened. Even as am arguing with u, I feel like .......

Well that's true FAITH for you my guy!

It's NOT a possession of all people! 2Thessalonians 3:2

We are followers of a young Jewish Carpenter who lived during the first century, his name is Jesus of Nazareth, he said " i'm the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the father except through me" John 14:6

So you can't expect less from his TRUE followers, if you're not worshiping with us, it's impossible for you to know our God!
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 10:22am On Jan 14, 2020
Maximus69:

Well that's true FAITH for you my guy!

It's NOT a possession of all people! 2Thessalonians 3:2

We are followers of a young Jewish Carpenter who lived during the first century, his name is Jesus of Nazareth, he said " i'm the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the father except through me" John 14:6

So you can't expect less from his TRUE followers, if you're not worshiping with us, it's impossible for you to know our God!
Good! we are at a conclusion, I want to worship God from his 'FALSE worshipers not from you, His 'TRUE' worshipers. At this juncture, we are good!'
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
WINDSOW:
Good! we are at a conclusion, I want to worship God from his 'FALSE worshipers not from you, His 'TRUE' worshipers. At this juncture, we are good!'

It's OK Sir!

You mentioned two points in your former post.

A friend of yours with whom you usually drink at the bar, you also drink but you feel true Christians shouldn't be doing that!

Well that's how the Pharisees in Jesus' day felt too, though they can't find any scripture to condemn Jesus for taking alcoholic beverages but there annoyed that he is separating himself from all other religious leaders! Luke 7:31-35

The second point is the lady whose dressings is like that of a harlot to you, though you never specified that she's a harlot, but because of the way she adorn herself you're feeling she shouldn't be allowed in the midst of those claiming holy. But that's exactly what the Pharisees felt when Jesus didn't scold a woman they felt should be condemned not for her casual dressing but because she's promiscuous! Luke 7:36-47

I told you, we are his followers, so if you're thinking this way it shows you're keeping the tradition of men in mind NOT the mind of Christ! 1Corinthians 2:16

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
Maximus69:

It's OK Sir!

You mentioned two points in your former post.

A friend of yours with whom you usually drink at the bar, you also drink but you feel true Christians shouldn't be doing that!

Well that's how the Pharisees in Jesus' day felt too, though they can't find any scripture to condemn Jesus for taking alcoholic beverages but there annoyed that he is separating himself from all other religious leaders! Luke 7:31-35

The second point is the lady whose dressings is like that of a harlot to you, though you never specified that she's a harlot, but because of the way she adorn herself you're feeling she shouldn't be allowed in the midst of those claiming holy. But that's exactly what the Pharisees felt when Jesus didn't scold a woman they felt should be condemned not for her casual dressing but because she's promiscuous! Luke 7:36-47

I told you, we are his followers, so if you're thinking this way it shows you're keeping the tradition of men in mind NOT the mind of Christ! 1Corinthians 2:16
I'm not convinced. Why should a JW who preaches be found doing against what he preaches? Is that not hypocritical? I know u ll come up with millions of reasons to cover your tracks. No be JW? Una can twist bible! Tufiaaaaa
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
Seun:

Religious beliefs should be respected to the extent that they are harmless. The more harmful a religious belief is, the less respect it deserves. Beneficial religious beliefs like the belief in honesty and kindness are worthy of respect. Religious beliefs that cause unnecessary deaths are the most harmful in my view, so they deserve the lowest level of respect.

Unnecessary death. I don't agree that rejecting blood cause unnecessary death. Many witnesses have survived the issue of blood. In some cases the doctors were surprised that any could ever survive such a situation.

Some enlightened doctors have even come to agree with our blood restrictions and have adopted it themselves, even though they are not witnesses.

True, some have died because they rejected blood transfusion. But, let it not seem as if that all cases of blood transfusion will yield positive result. Some have even died later because they assented to blood transfusion while it would have been safer had they taken alternatives to blood transfusion.

The Bible viewed sincerely does not support blood transfusion. Witnesses follow Bible principles not minding what comes out of it. Jehovah knows what is best for us.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
WINDSOW:
I'm not convinced. Why should a JW who preaches be found doing against what he preaches? Is that not hypocritical? I know u ll come up with millions of reasons to cover your tracks. No be JW? Una can twist bible! Tufiaaaaa

You're confusing yourself the more Sir!

I also drink alcoholic beverages and God did not forbid drinking alcoholic beverages. Deuteronomy 14:26

It's what your misinformed Churchgoer Pastors infused in your brains that you're thinking that Jehovah's Witnesses must uphold, sorry Sir we stand for what's WRITTEN in the Bible NOT what your Pastors infused in your brains! cheesy
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
Maximus69:

You're confusing yourself the more Sir!

I also drink alcoholic beverages and God did not forbid drinking alcoholic beverages. Deuteronomy 14:26

It's what your misinformed Churchgoer Pastors infused in your brains that you're thinking that Jehovah's Witnesses must uphold, sorry Sir we stand for what's WRITTEN in the Bible NOT what your Pastors infused in your brains! cheesy
You just define what u stand for. Hypocrite!
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2020
WINDSOW:

Whatever! cheesy
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Janosky: 7:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
WINDSOW:

John 2:1-11 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Changes Water Into Wine
2 On the third day a wedding took place at
Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2
and Jesus and his disciples had also been
invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was
gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have
no more wine.”
4 “Woman,why do you involve me?”
Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”
5 His mother said to the servants, “Do
whatever he tells you.”
6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the
kind used by the Jews for ceremonial
washing, each holding from twenty to thirty
gallons.
7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars
with water”; so they filled them to the brim.
8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out
and take it to the master of the banquet.”
They did so, 9 and the master of the
banquet tasted the water that had been
turned into wine. He did not realize where it
had come from, though the servants who
had drawn the water knew. Then he called
the bridegroom aside 10 and said,
“Everyone brings out the choice wine first
and then the cheaper wine after the guests
have had too much to drink; but you have
saved the best till now.”
11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee
was the first of the signs through which he
revealed his glory; and his disciples believed
in him."

WINDSOW ,does feeding make someone a glutton?
You're obviously more holier than Jesus Christ who turned water into wine..... Lols.
You deceive yourself...
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2020
Janosky:

John 2:1-11 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Changes Water Into Wine
2 On the third day a wedding took place at
Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2
and Jesus and his disciples had also been
invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was
gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have
no more wine.”
4 “Woman,why do you involve me?”
Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”
5 His mother said to the servants, “Do
whatever he tells you.”
6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the
kind used by the Jews for ceremonial
washing, each holding from twenty to thirty
gallons.
7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars
with water”; so they filled them to the brim.
8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out
and take it to the master of the banquet.”
They did so, 9 and the master of the
banquet tasted the water that had been
turned into wine. He did not realize where it
had come from, though the servants who
had drawn the water knew. Then he called
the bridegroom aside 10 and said,
“Everyone brings out the choice wine first
and then the cheaper wine after the guests
have had too much to drink; but you have
saved the best till now.”
11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee
was the first of the signs through which he
revealed his glory; and his disciples believed
in him."

WINDSOW ,does feeding make someone a glutton?
You're obviously more holier than Jesus Christ who turned water into wine..... Lols.
You deceive yourself...
I guess your Jesus drank from the wine? You twist the scripture to ease your hypocritical lifestyle!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Mcuzy(m): 8:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
WINDSOW:
I guess your Jesus drank from the wine? You twist the scripture to ease your hypocritical lifestyle!
Guy you get power to argue , this data instead of u to waste am use am download phyno (get the info). I gave up on witnesses the day a mother who is their member refused to attend her child's wedding because he attends another Church and after she was forced to attend by family members she was ostracized!! pls save your energy my brother .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by WINDSOW(m): 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2020
Mcuzy:
Guy you get power to argue , this data instead of u to waste am use am download phyno (get the info). I gave up on witnesses the day a mother who is their member refused to attend her child's wedding because he attends another Church and after she was forced to attend by family members she was ostracized!! pls save your energy my brother .
Baba tthanks! I just wana show them they are no monopoly of stupidity & hypocrisy. I appreciate baba.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
WINDSOW:
Baba tthanks! I just wana show them they are no monopoly of stupidity & hypocrisy. I appreciate baba.

If you're not a confused idiot, you called someone your FRIEND and you feel he's mocking God's word along with you as you both drink alcoholic beverages but he still remains your friend anyway, while those who are holy to your own understanding will condemn you for taking alcoholic drinks at the bar.

Don't you know that you're showing everyone the type of individual you are?

You believe you know what is good but you're not going to do it {James 4:17} and those you believe are doing the wrong thing becomes your accomplice in DOING WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS WRONG, aren't you supposed to be ashamed of yourself? Psalms 1:1

Just go and join your family in atheism, he is already giving you BETTER COUNSELING than Jehovah's Witnesses, he said "instead of using your hard earned data discussing scriptural principles with Jehovah's Witnesses, it's better to use it to DOWNLOAD PHONO!

I'm sure you'll prefer being in his company than in the company of your JW friend whose religion condemns your religion! wink
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by 1Sharon(f): 12:12am On Jan 15, 2020
quaintbloke:

Bottom line: Let's respect each other's beliefs.

Does this include ritualists?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 15, 2020
1Sharon:

You know it's more convenient to pick out a fashion faux pas in the lady who shops at Primark while we think our Saint Laurent dress fits smugly as though it was being worn by Kendall Jenner cheesy.
On a more serious note, religion itself is a ritual. The musulmi follow the same pattern from ablusion to the taslim while the Christians do same repetitive patterns from call-to-prayer to the benediction.
African Traditional Religion could be considered as ritualistic but if it doesnt run against the laws of the land, then its improper to take the religious high ground against them.
"give unto caesar that which is Caesar's"
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Mcuzy(m): 6:43am On Jan 15, 2020
WINDSOW:
wink
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 15, 2020
1Sharon:

There are ritualists amongst those who became Christians in the first century, Jesus and his followers didn't impose God's righteous rules on them by force, they appealed to each individual for them to have a change of mind. 1Corinthians 6:9-11, 1Peter 4:3

So no matter what a person believes TRUE Christians will never FORCE such a person to abandon it, they'll respectfully appeal to them {1Peter 315} and if the person has a clean conscience they'll finally accept the TRUTH under any condition they find themselves.
The first human to get a visa to Paradise WAS AN ARMED ROBBER! Luke 23:43
Of course himself and his cohort knew about Jesus and his teachings very well {Luke 23: 39-41} so what happened? Only one of them repented of his sins and NOT because Jesus FORCED his righteous principles on them! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by 1Sharon(f): 11:40am On Jan 15, 2020
quaintbloke:

You know it's more convenient to pick out a fashion faux pas in the lady who shops at Primark while we think our Saint Laurent dress fits smugly as though it was being worn by Kendall Jenner cheesy.
On a more serious note, religion itself is a ritual. The musulmi follow the same pattern from ablusion to the taslim while the Christians do same repetitive patterns from call-to-prayer to the benediction.
African Traditional Religion could be considered as ritualistic but if it doesnt run against the laws of the land, then its improper to take the religious high ground against them.
"give unto caesar that which is Caesar's"

I'm talking about ppl who kill for money. Do those beliefs deserve to be respected? Or just admit you were talking crap
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 15, 2020
1Sharon:

I'm talking about ppl who kill for money. Do those beliefs deserve to be respected? Or just admit you were talking crap

I would have expected that you were able to read between the lines and deduce metaphors but with the knowledge that a good number of people have less than average IQs and would rather have a didactic response, I spelt it out here:

How you conveniently equate ritual killing ( which is done to satisfy a craving , be it money or power or whatever) to a religious act is very baffling, especially as its obviously against the laws of the land as I noted already.

Perhaps we should follow the ways of Jack the Ripper or Anini or even Yahoo plus cos you're equating their abhorrent acts to that of a religion.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by 1Sharon(f): 12:17pm On Jan 15, 2020
quaintbloke:

I would have expected that you were able to read between the lines and deduce metaphors but with the knowledge that a good number of people have less than average IQs and would rather have a didactic response, I spelt it out here:

How you conveniently equate ritual killing ( which is done to satisfy a craving , be it money or power or whatever) to a religious act is very baffling, especially as its obviously against the laws of the land as I noted already.

Perhaps we should follow the ways of Jack the Ripper or Anini or even Yahoo plus cos you're equating their abhorrent acts to that of a religion.

Abeg! Killing for money stems from a belief doesn't it?

Now should those beliefs be respected like you claim?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
Seun:

Religious beliefs should be respected to the extent that they are harmless. The more harmful a religious belief is, the less respect it deserves. Beneficial religious beliefs like the belief in honesty and kindness are worthy of respect. Religious beliefs that cause unnecessary deaths are the most harmful in my view, so they deserve the lowest level of respect.

I started out with the intention of writing just a few words about why Jehovah's witnesses are right to refuse blood transfusion in obedience to the Bible's command, but I've just been inspired to do this a little more extensively. in the many years of discussing this blood issue with people (most of whom are from mainstream Christian churches) I've come to see that they acknowledge even as the Bible teaches that Christians should abstain from blood (Genesis 9:1, 5, 6. Lev 7:26, 27.17: 10-14. Num 15:30, 31. Acts 15: 22, 28, 29. 21:25). That's commendable.

They however argue that this law given to the Israelites not to eat blood as well as the same law repeated to the early Christians to abstain from blood cannot include the transfusion of blood intravenously, made possibly by science today. In their conclusion, eating is not the same as transfusing. However, life is involved here so they go with the medical practice of transfusion.

This is the Bible's view on Blood that many have got wrong.

Blood is life. it is sacred (Genesis 9:1, 5, 6. Lev 7:26, 27.17: 10-14. Num 15:30, 31. Acts 15: 22, 28, 29. 21:25). Let me give you an idea of what sacred really means. In the Tabernacle in Israel, the most holy compartment was the most sacred place. it contained the Ark of the covenant and God's presence was always felt. The high priest entered there only once in a year and a rope had to be tied to his waist so in the event he doesn't come out, he will be drawn out. Sacred meant it was God's house. When the Bible says blood is life and as such is sacred, it means that we should respect blood, we shouldn't use it as we see fit, it should be holy. We should treat it with the respect an ancient isrealite would treat the most holy place in the tabernacle.
The Bible's command to abstain from blood has nothing to do with how you take in the blood, it has everything to do with the blood itself, it's makeup means it is life and so is sacred, it's not ours, we gotta respect it.

This Bible view of blood as being equivalent to life is supported by the medical community as they say that blood is the fluid of life, transporting oxygen from the lungs to body tissue and carbon dioxide from body tissue to the lungs. Blood is the fluid of growth, transporting nourishment from digestion and hormones from glands throughout the body. Blood is the fluid of health, transporting disease-fighting substances to the tissue and waste to the kidneys. Because it contains living cells, blood is alive. Red blood cells and white blood cells are responsible for nourishing and cleansing the body.Without blood, the human body would stop working

Of course this is the 21st century and one of the earmarks of the 21st century is our advancement in science and technology. People now worship on the altar of science and technology. The Bible is regarded as an outdated book by man. People trust science and technology to save us from our plagues and terrors. This is why they don't see the wisdom in the command to abstain from blood because blood = life. Even many who carry and preach the bible are not fully convinced of its wisdom. They'd rather stick with conventional wisdom.

What I see here is that Jehovah God and his promises are more real to Jehovah's witnesses than they are to others. Jehovah's witnesses love their lives and that of their loved ones. They want the best medical treatment. But they also have great trust in the laws and principles found in the Bible. They believe that God is the greatest scientist. If he says to abstain from blood, then it must mean that it is the best action a servant of God can take in order to fully please him. They apply the principle at Luke 9:24 - "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake is the one who will save it." They recognize that the law on Blood must be a very important law as it was first given to Noah, then to the Israelites and then to first century Christians. As much as they want to stay alive and be happy with their family and friends, they also realize that the real life as described in the Bible is not this life we're living now. The Bible portrays a life on earth under God's kingdom rule as the real life (Matt 6:9, 10). They live and die for Jehovah God, for he alone can reward them in his due time.

Thousands of scientists have researched no-blood treatments and have discovered that there are alternatives to blood transfusion. Blood transfusion by the way is not a guarantee to health. Many people who are not Jehovah's witnesses are subscring to no-blood treatments, which have been found to be much better. Few doctors in Nigeria are open to these alternatives.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by GodWrites: 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
rottennaija:

A Medical expert you said but couldn't know the progress made in blood medicine until you had to read from a religious website to get enlightened. And you call yourself a medical expert but couldn't support your writeup from medical journals...

Medical expert who could have typed a few words to answer the question and provide a few links for verification instead launches into an attack that didn't provide any answer. Medical expert my foot.

You are dull. He has given you a teaser. What you should have done as someone who's smart is look up some information, and discover loopholes which you can use as a counterattack.

But instead, you want him to write a textbook explaining how it works. You might even want him to also send you Bundle Data for the research..

Never in my life have i seen someone as super lazy as you.

Folks like you are the reason Africa is lagging behind. #spits on your head
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by joyandfaith: 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Why do all Jehovah's Witnesses carry this card about?

This card is called medical directive. There are different types as outlined in this article:

Advance Directives: Definitions
ADVANCE DIRECTIVE
An advance directive is a document by which a person makes provision for health care decisions in the event that, in the future, he/she becomes unable to make those decisions.
There are two main types of advance directive — the “Living Will” and the “Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care.” There are also hybrid documents which combine elements of the Living Will with those of the Durable Power of Attorney.
LIVING WILL
A Living Will is the oldest type of health care advance directive.
It is a signed, witnessed (or notarized) document called a “declaration” or “directive.” Most declarations instruct an attending physician to withhold or withdraw medical interventions from its signer if he/she is in a terminal condition and is unable to make decisions about medical treatment.
Since an attending physician who may be unfamiliar with the signer’s wishes and values has the power and authority to carry out the signer’s directive, certain terms contained in the document may be interpreted by the physician in a manner that was not intended by the signer.
Family members and others who are familiar with the signer’s values and wishes have no legal standing to interpret the meaning of the directive.
DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR HEALTH CARE
A Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care is a signed, witnessed (or notarized) document in which the signer designates an agent to make health care decisions if the signer is temporarily or permanently unable to make such decisions.
Unlike most Living Wills, the Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care does not require that the signer have a terminal condition.
An agent must be chosen with great care since the agent will have great power and authority to make decisions about whether health care will be provided, withheld or withdrawn from the signer.
It is extremely important that the signer carefully discuss his/her values, wishes and instructions with the agent before and at the time the document is signed. Such discussions may also continue after the document is signed.
It is also important that the agent be willing to exercise his/her power and authority to make certain that the signer’s values, wishes and instructions are respected.
COMBINATION ADVANCE DIRECTIVE
A combination advance directive is a signed, witnessed (or notarized) document which contains specific written directions that are to be followed by a named agent.
Since it is not possible to predict all circumstances that may be faced in the future or to cover all possible interventions, specific directions may severely limit the discretion and flexibility that the agent needs and may restrict the agent’s authority in a way the signer did not intend.
In addition, the specific written directions may not be altered through discussions between the signer and the agent. Any changes necessitate a new document to reflect nuances or changed directions.
It is important that all adults consider who will make medical decisions for them if they are temporarily or permanently unable to make them for themselves.
Unless a person has an advance directive, many health care providers and institutions will make critical decisions for him/her or a court may appoint a guardian who is unfamiliar with the person’s values and wishes.
PROTECTIVE MEDICAL DECISIONS DOCUMENT (PMDD)
The PMDD is a protective Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care which is available from the International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide.
In the PMDD the signer names a trusted person to make health care decisions in the event that the signer is temporarily or permanently unable to make such decisions.
The PMDD, which specifically prohibits assisted suicide and euthanasia, is available in a Multi-State version for use in most states. It is also available in state-specific versions for states where particular requirements make a state-specific version necessary.

http://www.patientsrightscouncil.org/site/advance-directives-definitions/

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Janosky: 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2020
WINDSOW:
WINDSOW:

For your mumu brain, Jesus Christ no "drink the wine" but he dey make wine give people make them dey sin... grin grin
It's same as someone saying that Drug barons are not criminals,they're only making money. grin grin
You deceive yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Janosky: 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2020
Mcuzy:

I gave up on witnesses the day a mother who is their member refused to attend her child's wedding because he attends another Church and after she was forced to attend by family members she was ostracized!! pls save your energy my brother .

Not true....
She wasn't ostracized because of her child's wedding...
You don't actually know the exact issue rather you're here twisting the matter.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by true2god: 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Well that's why we do avoid you people when it comes to arguments!

Instead of upholding your own beliefs, you want to tell us what we must believe, yet you people don't even have the guts or time to sit down and discuss God's word!

If you know better than Jehovah's Witnesses, why not go out there and teach people what you know?
Or are you against Jesus' command? Matthew 28:19-20 cheesy
The same way you go from house to house to recruit new members, after condemning them in your assembly halls, for the watchtower organization. Why dont you leave them alone in their various churches? You are a BIG HYPOCRITE!
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by paulGrundy(m): 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2020
Janosky:

Not true....

attending another church is grounds for disfellowshipping in the watchtower society aka Jehovahs witnessess.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Mcuzy(m): 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
Janosky:

Not true....
That was the exact issue I remember when she came accusing my mom for forcing her to attend and making her being ostracized .
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2020
true2god:
The same way you go from house to house to recruit new members, after condemning them in your assembly halls, for the watchtower organization. Why dont you leave them alone in their various churches? You are a BIG HYPOCRITE!

Well that's exactly the same way the young man from Nazareth condemned people by referring to them as DEAD {Luke 9:60} before sending his followers to go out there and start recruiting the same people he referred to as DEAD to make them his disciples! Matthew 28:19-20

Well we are his TRUE disciples that's why we're doing the same thing he did, so you can hate us for that after all that's the same way his contemporaries hated him so much! Matthew 10:20-25, John 17:14-16
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by achorladey: 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
The apostle Peter states that Christ “bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that, free from sins, we might live for righteousness; by his WOUNDS you have been HEALED.” (1 Peter 2:24; NRSV; compare Isaiah 53:4, 5; Acts 28:27.) But this certainly DOES not JUSTIFY IMPLYING that one’s seeking to HEAL WOUNDS or other PHYSICAL AILMENTS by MEDICAL means is tantamount to showing a lack of APPRECIATION for CHRIST’S HEALING POWER in these vital spiritual respects.

Compare with the below.....That is captured from March 1 1989 watchtower page 31

what should predominate should be that he displays faith, that he respects God’s command to ‘abstain from blood,׳ and that he maintains a good to ‘abstain from blood,׳ and that he maintains a good conscience. Why? Because the most fundamental way in WHICH LIVES can be SAVED with BLOOD is not through MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY but through the SAVING POWER of CHRIST’S BLOOD. The apostle Paul wrote: “By means of him we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one.” (Ephesians 1:7)

Rewriting the above obtained from the watchtower regarding BLOOD as it applies to WOUNDS to fit Peters words in 1 Peter 2:24..........The most FUNDAMENTAL way in WHICH we can be HEALED of INJURIES, BRUISE or WOUNDS IS not THROUGH MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY but through the HEALING POWER of CHRIST WOUNDS.

Do JWS seek medical technology to HEAL their wounds, BRUISE or INJURIES or just RELY on the HEALING POWER of CHRIST WOUNDS?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Carry This Card Along? by achorladey: 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Well that's why we do avoid you people when it comes to arguments!

Instead of upholding your own beliefs, you want to tell us what we must believe, yet you people don't even have the guts or time to sit down and discuss God's word!

If you know better than Jehovah's Witnesses, why not go out there and teach people what you know?
Or are you against Jesus' command? Matthew 28:19-20 cheesy

Maximus69: If you know better than JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, why not go OUT THERE and TEACH PEOPLE what YOU KNOW?

Achorladey: It's on record that the organization you are a member of ADMITS that people out there HAVE HIGH MORAL STANDARDS even than the members of the organization. So as it were those out there know better than JWs and reality says when they APPROACH you are not EVEN expected to exchange their magazines with yours neither are you out there to EXCHANGE the good news with them. Even when they tell you JESUS is LORD. Do you believe it?

What makes it laughable is that several times on this platform you said those other Christian denomination that go out there and PREACH in your COMMUNITY are NOISE MAKERS. So when you have decided to CLOSE your eyes believing not to see how other Christian denomination go about preaching. Who will then OPEN it for YOU?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Margret Idahosa Face Of Many Colours. / T.b Joshua Miracle Scam / Love and Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.