Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,159 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Fr. Ugwu On Being Born Again: It Means Baptism! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fr. Ugwu On Being Born Again: It Means Baptism! (324 Views)

Replying Fr Kelvin Ugwu On Polygamy. / Daddy Freeze & Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Clash Over Easter Teaching / Fr Kelvin Ugwu - On The Use Of Image In The Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fr. Ugwu On Being Born Again: It Means Baptism! by Lonelyloner: 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
Being Born Again

The preacher: If you want to give your life to Christ, repeat this prayers after me. . .

"Lord Jesus. I repent of my sins. Come into my heart. I make you my Lord and personal saviour. Amen."

The preacher: If you just said that short prayer, you just got born again. Congratulations! Get yourself into a good bible church. . .

Cut!!!

Apologies to all my friends who believe that to be born again is to merely recite the prayers called "sinner's prayers" where you accept Christ as your personal Lord and saviour, after which you are congratulated as one who is now born again.

It is necessary we remind ourselves that the prayer is not biblical; it is not what the Bible meant when it talked about being born again.

The confession and acceptance of Christ to be our Lord and personal saviour is good, but to have said it, is not to have been born again if we are to follow the bible. Saying the prayers is just at best a step towards being born again.

Biblically, to be born again is to be BAPTIZED. Full stop!

#FacebookTelevision

https://www.facebook.com/2149201088529601/posts/2621830914599947/

(1) (Reply)

FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — Prayer / Dream Interpretation Of Cats (solution Included) / Photography That Comes True(by God)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.