Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? (55907 Views)

12 Health Uses Of Aidan Fruits: Tetrapleura Tetraptera (photos) / Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo / Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Makanakico(f): 2:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
.Google is your friend

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
That's hibiscus flower, popularly used for zobo undecided
Hia! Nwanyi ba anyi o!
Zobo kwa? Imazikwa Ife e Na ekwu?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by tolu99: 2:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
Though i dont know the name of the flower, but it is being used to clear heat rashes on babies. Yoruba calls the heat rashes "eela".

8 Likes

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by femi4: 2:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
100%
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by madridguy(m): 2:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
White man fake theory....Nigerians medical problems triple when we start neglecting our herbs.

Decolonel:
They should be very careful with that flower before they mistakenly pluck the one that will shut down their kidney. These unknown flowers can be very dangerous

4 Likes

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Enwhen(m): 2:45pm On Jan 13, 2020
Enn214:
Outsiders have been coming to my compound to 'deform' this flower I used in decorating my house. They say it's medicinal

Pls, I would like to know the name & what it's used for?

CONFIRMED THESE:

Is it pure green ??(cos of the pic)

Is the leaf hard and rough ??( Does the leaf has something like kro kro all over ?)

NO, NO IDEA. but if YES

IT IS USE FOR LOWERING BLOOD PRESSURE.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by joepepsy(m): 2:45pm On Jan 13, 2020
Now you are on front page,saw your comment earlier on complaining about snake topic on front page instead of yours. grin
Enn214:
Outsiders have been coming to my compound to 'deform' this flower I used in decorating my house. They say it's medicinal

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by pafo(m): 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
Why don't you just ask them?

3 Likes

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by ogorwyne(f): 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
That is not hibiscus aunty. Use Google lens if you want to help the op get the name.

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by crackhouse(m): 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
So u can start selling it?
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by segun18(m): 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
Sunijacks:
'Hospital too far' be the local name

E dy serve as first Aid treatment

Pls Pls don't kill me with Laughter oo
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Enn214(m): 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2020
lalasticlala Weldon! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
SEGLIZ:

AwkaetitiBabe no kill person o, nobi hibiscus den dey use for Zobo.
Go buy hibiscus tea and see for yourself. Zobo is simply dried hibiscus flower

5 Likes

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Sterope(f): 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
That is not dongoyaro. Dongoyaro is a tree.
Waakanda:
"Ewe dongoyaro"... remedy for malaria and typhoid fever cheesy
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by LadySarah: 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
The red acalypha flower. It's in the family of hibiscus. It's not edible but it's boiled and the water used to bath infants with skin problems known as Infant Dermatitis or Eczema.
Igbo nra
Yoruba Ela

Used it for my first son then and under 1 week it disappeared leaving a smooth skin. Even pediatrician s recommend it.

Cc Enn214

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
ogorwyne:

That is not hibiscus aunty. Use Google lens if you want to help the op get the name.
I know
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
tobicool:

Hia! Nwanyi ba anyi o!
Zobo kwa? Imazikwa Ife e Na ekwu?
Lol. I no say una go wanna correct the obvious misinformation embarassed

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by haywhy1026(m): 2:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
Name: Lapa pupa
That Leaf is used to cleanse bacteria infection on babies/children ......the leaf is boiled until it turns pure red and it is used to bathe the child.....it is very effective

5 Likes

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by SlimBrawnie(f): 2:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
seems you sef dey go for the flower grin
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by olabeth(f): 2:54pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ewe lapalapa pupa�

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by XDaBOSS(m): 2:54pm On Jan 13, 2020
It is used as a local drink because it helps provide blood to the body
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by NaijaOlosho(f): 2:54pm On Jan 13, 2020
This works well for removal of rashes for new born babies

3 Likes

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Azarina: 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
It's called ewe botuje Pupa or ewe lápá lápá Pupa
I know they use it for infertility

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by eddyline(m): 2:56pm On Jan 13, 2020
Red acalypha ( acalypha Wilkensiana). Used to treat skins disorders in children

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by mightyleks(m): 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2020
Openbusiness:
OP shocked, omg, what have you done to yourself? That's called the leaf of Babel. Legend has it that anywhere the leaf is planted, the leprechauns of Olympus and the gnomes of Scandinavia would come and pluck the leaves. Here's the most interesting part: for every time they pluck, the height of whoever planted it will reduce by 1mm. Check yourself, are you shorter than before? cheesy

Hilarious
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by buoye1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2020
Waakanda:
this is not dogo yaro sir
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2020
the leaf is very medicinal use in curing Nla in children. a sickness that makes their hair to pill at tender age.

ask any elderly yoruba woman she will explain better, very medicinal. a very good flower for anybody still giving birth to have around
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by BusolaDakolo: 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2020
Enn214:

Ask them and tell us.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by zoezoelogistics(m): 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2020
Waakanda:

Come on. This is far from being ewe dongoyaro.
Teacher Biko don’t teach me nonsense ooh . Lol
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Enn214(m): 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2020
joepepsy:
Now you are on front page,saw your comment earlier on complaining about snake topic on front page instead of yours. grin
smiley
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by zoezoelogistics(m): 3:03pm On Jan 13, 2020
SEGLIZ:

AwkaetitiBabe no kill person o, nobi hibiscus den dey use for Zobo.
besides that is not hibisc us, I don't know name but it is use for èélá in Yoruba land that is the kind of rashes or rash that causes the pinkish colouration of babies skin or pinkish discoloration of on babies skin.

Very correct. You sabi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home / Doctors Remove 40 Knives From Man's Stomach In India (pic) / Sukru Oytan, Turkish TV Presenter Collapses, Suffers Heart Attack Live On Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.