Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,286 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? (16997 Views)

Salesforce Administrator Training Or Mentor / Secondary School Teaching Vs Lecturing: Which Of These Two Jobs Should I Choose? / Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by rastaLivity: 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
How can one get OND and HND in nine months?

5 Likes

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by JeffreyD1(m): 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
Learn the skills
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by rastaLivity: 7:06pm On Jan 13, 2020

6 Likes

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Aladdin1(m): 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2020
voca wetin? just go for lasma job o.nothing like monthly salary job.you can save enough money 4rm the job to do any vocational or internation certification exam on a parttime basis later.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by joeking2222: 7:12pm On Jan 13, 2020
blesskewe:
Please this is urgent, at least before Wednesday

I had a slot for lastma job and am going for the screening on Tuesday
And
On the 2nd we were told at our church about a vocational center sponsored by the church at abeokuta
This school is for a period of nine months,during that period u would have five certificate when graduating
Test trade, napteb, hnd or ond, an international exam like that .also am learning shoe making presently but hey these are opportunities and am just confused
They would buy all the needed materials, accommodation and feeding
Just for me to buy personal stuff.
Mind u it's a well known vocational center

Now am just confused
Should I go for the program or the government job
Babe, go and pray about this for GOD to direct you in ur decision making, i know right now, you are at a cross road. As, well talk to any member of ur family you really confide in, let them advice you in a better way. But, you self sit and reason this thing over and over and over again to know the one that will really pay you in the future, and not presently.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by AkuOlisa: 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
blesskewe:

And
On the 2nd we were told at our church about a vocational center sponsored by the church at abeokuta
This school is for a period of nine months,during that period u would have five certificate when graduating
Test trade, napteb, hnd or ond, an international exam like that .also am learning shoe making presently but hey these are opportunities and am just confused

Now am just confused

If you want something that will benefit you on the long run please go for the skill vacation program, But if you want easy or now now money then go for the government job, but please bear it in mind that with the right skills you can never be broke or jobless.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by sincerlyyo(m): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
blesskewe:

That's the point
I'll go for the screening on Tuesday
And leave for the school on Wednesday

Go for the screening, see how it is
Then go to Abeokuta, see how it is
Then wait for devine guidance
Wishing you the best

1 Like

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Bbbwings: 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
rastaLivity:
seems like someone is looking for a quick buck.
Useless certficate. How the hell were they given certification to run the programmes?

1 Like

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Neddyogu(m): 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
[quote author=blesskewe post=85750000][/quote]

The certificate na degree?
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
Depends on you, Dear. After going through this vocational training, do you honestly believe you have the discipline and motivation to speedily implement and convert the skill to cash?

If you don't think you do, go for the job please.

1 Like

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by HallaDaTruth: 7:20pm On Jan 13, 2020
Go for the second one
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by obstead200(m): 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
blesskewe:

Please google Peter akinola foundation
the fact that it can be found on Google does not mean it is not a scam. Scams are also found with full web presence.

U will get five certificates alright. But where and where can those useless pieces of paper be valid?

5 Likes

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by jorez: 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
Bros,if you are not the lazy type I will advice you leave the LATMA Job and face the challenges of hussle, acquire skill,be independent,all those telling you go for the job are those scared of taken risk,remember when you take up paid job your time is also taken,but with skill and dedication if you are on your own its only a matter of time you will employ the likes of all those asking you to take up the job.Think well Naija is for those with unrestricted vision,you can't earn more than your employer. A word is enough for the Wise.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by blesskewe(f): 7:31pm On Jan 13, 2020
obstead200:
the fact that it can be found on Google does not mean it is not a scam. Scams are also found with full web presence.

U will get five certificates alright. But where and where can those useless pieces of paper be valid?
Bros thats y am asking na,besides it's urgent for me
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Geesaintagape: 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
This ur ⛪ scam is glaring.
5 certificates in 8 Months.
Mr man Na Jesus b the trainer?

2 Likes

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by blesskewe(f): 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
jorez:
Bros,if you are not the lazy type I will advice you leave the LATMA Job and face the challenges of hussle, acquire skill,be independent,all those telling you go for the job are those scared of taken risk,remember when you take up paid job your time is also taken,but with skill and dedication if you are on your own its only a matter of time you will employ the likes of all those asking you to take up the job.Think well Naija is for those with unrestricted vision,you can't earn more than your employer. A word is enough for the Wise.

Funny enough am a cobbler, still learning tho
Wanna learn another skill
Thanks hun
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Paan(m): 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
blesskewe:

And

Now am just confused
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by antocreative: 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
Poster seems you attend my church oooh... Big Anglican church in GRA IKEJA, abi Lol
Anyways, I honestly do not gbadun a Lastma job at all. The church is bearing the entire cost oooh.. Lastma job is honestly a no no. Is that what you want to be doing for the rest of your life. Also, it doesn't seem like you have any further professional/vocational qualifications. Am I right You will not enjoy that Lastma job if you do not have more than a Secondary School qualification cos they might not give you good placements. Are you ready to stand on the road and be arguing with agbero forever. Take this chance the church has given you and improve yourself. I would also have taken the opportunity cos I am really interested in learning some vocational skills, but my time schedule is tight. And I learned it is fulltime for 9 months straight. My dear life has taught me that not all so called opportunities are really opportunities in the long run. Be strategic and deliberate. Above all, you know your situation, commit it to the hand of God.

1 Like

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Paan(m): 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2020
Bro ... I think the training is okay cause in the long run we you can't work forever and i guess if you have those skills now ... you will be self and have your own brand or something
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by davidadenrele: 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
Hello Bro,

Respect to various opinion and advice you received before now, my advice take the last man job give your self a timeline government job has a enough security if you want to learn skill you can it's about having enough capital to start to be an enterprenur most skill artistians this days are frustrated due to low patronage, no soft loans, to make it worst no electrical power, our government is only paying lips service to say there supoorting SME, entrepreneurs my Brother Lagos is hard oo you are the man here don't forget that you will pay house rent.nepa bills, LAWMA bills, you eventually get married one day pay school fees if i were you i will take the LASTMA job.the choice is yours. I don't know when you be able to save enough money to buy equipment to enhance your skills, skill is good options if there's capital to support it and customers that readily available to patronize you of not shine your eye ooo.Nigeria is now survival of the fittest
All the best.

David
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by davidadenrele: 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
Hello Bro,

Respect to various opinion and advice you received before now, my advice take the last man job give your self a timeline government job has a enough security if you want to learn skill you can it's about having enough capital to start to be an enterprenur most skill artistians this days are frustrated due to low patronage, no soft loans, to make it worst no electrical power, our government is only paying lips service to say there supoorting SME, entrepreneurs my Brother Lagos is hard oo you are the man here don't forget that you will pay house rent.nepa bills, LAWMA bills, you eventually get married one day pay school fees if i were you i will take the LASTMA job.the choice is yours. I don't know when you be able to save enough money to buy equipment to enhance your skills, skill is good options if there's capital to support it and customers that readily available to patronize you if not shine your eye ooo.Nigeria is now survival of the fittest
All the best.

David
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Srallens(m): 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2020
How can one get a National Diploma.... And also HND in 9 months? There are still other certificates that may still be even added?

This is unreal... And certificates do not guarantee a job. If you are going there to learn a skill or two that will at the end of it all make you self employed, it's okay... You can go for that. But if it is for the purpose of just going acquire the aforementioned certificates ( which to me isn't possible)... Then go and take the job. Save. Then you can later further your studies to get authentic certificates.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Mace409(f): 8:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
You better go for the job....use your upper darling.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by deewhydoski(m): 8:14pm On Jan 13, 2020
Lastma job....nawa oio
Plz i take God beg u op, go for the vocational training.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Esumai(m): 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
dominique:
Are jobs so easy to get now that you are actually willing to forfeit one for a training that may or may not guarantee employment?
I
I wonder o!

1 Like

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by xcelentattitude(m): 8:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
naijaguy123456:
Am an employer, 2 dude came looking for job, one work for lastma with few qualification, the other has no job experience but came with 15 certificates. Am going to hire the one currently with lastma .

Wrong choice boss angry

What does the Lastma guy have to offer you aside his experience on the road?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
Always go for the money. Life is too short.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by stanisbaratheon: 9:02pm On Jan 13, 2020
Take the Lastma job. After a while you can sponsor yourself to get those vocational certificates.

1 Like

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by ThefemaleKing: 9:06pm On Jan 13, 2020
Better grab that job with your might! You can pursue certifications while on the job.

2 Likes

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by MrFly(m): 9:08pm On Jan 13, 2020
5 certificates in 9 months? No be small school
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by mechanics(m): 9:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
Go for lastma.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Service Application Forms On Sale For The 2012/13 Intake / Does Your Income Seem Insufficient? Here’s How You Can Boost It / What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.