Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event (13240 Views)

Fayose At Governor Ikpeazu's Mother's Burial (pictures) / Pictures of Gov Fayose At A Palm Wine Joint Omisanjana, Ado Ekiti Today / Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Ovularia: 11:40pm On Dec 05, 2010
Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event In Okuku
Posted: December 5, 2010 - 22:37

By SaharaReporters, New York

Former president Olusegun Obasanjo and self-styled "father of modern Nigeria" received a rude shock today in Okuku, Osun state when the former governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose confronted him and called him "father of bastards". It would be the second time since leaving office under controversial circumstances in 2007 that the former head of state would be publicly ridiculed.

Last month, an irate Nigerian rained blows on him after he managed to sneak into his car in traffic shortly after Obasanjo arrived from a foreign trip.

Fayose met Obasanjo at the inner recesses of deposed governor of the state, Olagunsoye Oyinlola's mansion in Okuku after a "thanksgiving service" in done in his honor by friends and family.

The former president was sitting with former military dictator, Ibrahim Babanginda, Governor of Oyo state, Alao Akala and Gbenga Daniel of Ogun state when Fayose breezed into the reception area. Fayose walked in and greeted  everyone but skipped Obasanjo, according to eyewitness accounts but when Fayose was about to sit down Obasanjo called out his name and asked why he ignored him, asking if it was an error on his part, but an enraged Fayose turned to Obasanjo and said he cannot greet someone who is very bad!

"You created all these troubles in the sSouthwest and also for your information, I did not come here as a member of your party, I am no longer a PDP member," Fayose shouted.
Speaking further and inching towards Obasanjo, Fayose told him that he didn't deserve his greeting and warned Obasanjo never to talk to him again.

Obasanjo flew in rage and called Fayose a "naughty person", this further infuriated Fayose, who moved menacingly towards Obasanjo, waved his finger in his face and called him the "father of bastards".

As soon the situation became chaotic, Fayose stormed of the reception area and was heard cursing Obasanjo and he walked away in anger.

The celebrant, Oyinlola, ran after him and wept complaining that Fayose came to disrupt his joyous occasion.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/former-president-obasanjo-humiliated-fayose-oyinlolas-thanksgiving-event-okuku-0

Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Dec 05, 2010
Seems more like Fayose humiliated his own self there. Acting out in that manner at a social gathering, that is uncalled for.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by koruji(m): 11:56pm On Dec 05, 2010
Me and you both - they deserve each other. Birds of the same feather, kettle and pot, dumb & dumber. . . 

Kobojunkie:

Seems more like Fayose humiliated his own self there. Acting out in that manner at a social gathering, that is uncalled for.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by kaypumpin2(m): 12:37am On Dec 06, 2010
What is Oyinlola holding a thanksgiving service for? undecided The fact he's been able to pilfer enough before the appeal court called it a day for him and his spittle-licking cronies?

Definately not the best of time for OBJ,seems everything Tom,Cruise and Emeka can trade punches with him figuratively and literarily nowadays. embarassed
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Kobojunkie: 12:40am On Dec 06, 2010
kay_pumpin:

What is Oyinlola holding a thanksgiving service for? undecided The fact he's been able to pilfer enough before the appeal court called it a day for him and his spittle-licking cronies?

Definately not the best of time for OBJ,seems everything Tom,Cruise and Emeka can trade punches with him figuratively and literarily nowadays. embarassed

We saw the same trend back during the first 2 years of Yar adua government, but remember many of those who took stabs at him in public, also seemed to bow for him behind closed doors. I will not be surprised if what we see today is a repeat of the same nonsense.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Fhemmmy: 12:58am On Dec 06, 2010
OBJ and His Boys - part 1
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by TewMuch: 1:02am On Dec 06, 2010
I think what should stand out most about this article is OBJ, IBB, AKala and OGD sitting together.This is probably what threw Fayose into a rage.Hope Jonathan is watching OBJ rubbing shoulders with IBB.And how come peeps didn't get the memo of IBB's travel into SW.I thought he had been warned.OBJ is ready to mortgage Nigeria again for personal gain.This 2011 is going to be a shocker for all these bastards.Kudo's to Fayose.These men have lost their respect, the do or die they are planning to use shall be turned against them.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by nduchucks: 1:03am On Dec 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

We saw the same trend back during the first 2 years of Yar adua government, but remember many of those who took stabs at him in public, also seemed to bow for him behind closed doors. I will not be surprised if what we see today is a repeat of the same nonsense.

You are quite right. Fayose will go and dobale for OBJ behing closed doors - OBJ loves people like Fayose who display what OBJ calls rascality; they remind OBJ of his youthful days.  We are unfortunately blessed cursed with thugs as leaders in that country.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Fhemmmy: 1:11am On Dec 06, 2010
ragdollz:

Hehehe I love this tongue. Obj calling someone a b/stard, deserves wot he got. He shd have ignored Fayose.

Hahaha . . . how could u expect "Almighty OBJ" to ignore what he thought was someone being rude to the PDP Father?
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by 1025: 1:22am On Dec 06, 2010
can anyone behave like this to nelson mandela? the answer is no. a dead rat gives room for children to drag it by the tail.
as long as obasanjo refuses to act like an old man, children will always mess up with him.
most of those who treat him with disrespect are those that have known one or two things abt him.
even among his pals, he has no respect just for the fear of what he can do, ppl are just worshipping him.
at his age, coupled with his height in politics, obasanjo is supposed to relaxe in the comforts of his stolen wealths while ppl pay his visits but there is no rest for the thief.
unfortunately, these types of men will not have their children be relevant in the society.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by jensinmi(m): 1:33am On Dec 06, 2010
AYO FAYOSE [/b]is an uncultured fool. A glorified Tout. No more at best. Watch him debate or speak. You'll understand that.

[b]OBASANJO
is seeing the consequences of his greed and short-sightedness. That's why someone the age of his son is calling him a "father of bastards". He put himself in this position and as he has laid his bed, so will he continue to lie in it.

Galatians 6:7 - Be not deceived. God is not mocked. Whatsoever a man sows, that also shall he reap.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Ibime(m): 1:36am On Dec 06, 2010
The words "OBJ is the father of bastards" may be literal as well. Afterall, with all the women OBJ has been with, some of his numerous children are really dejure bastards.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Onlytruth(m): 1:44am On Dec 06, 2010
ndu_chucks:

You are quite right. Fayose will go and dobale for OBJ behing closed doors - OBJ loves people like Fayose who display what OBJ calls rascality; they remind OBJ of his youthful days.  We are unfortunately blessed cursed with thugs as leaders in that country.

I doubt that.

If ever that happens to be the case, then it must be the most astounding tour-de-force ever recorded in Nigeria.  cool

The hate is REAL.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by aljharem(m): 1:48am On Dec 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

I doubt that.

If ever that happens to be the case, then it must be recorded as the most astounding tour-de-force ever recorded in Nigeria. cool

The hate is REAL.

gbammmmmm
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by TewMuch: 2:02am On Dec 06, 2010
All obj's children except from remi's kids are bastards by law.Only 1 man 1 woman marriage is recognised and that is the only woman he married legally.Fayose is right he is a father of many bastards.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Gayigaskia(m): 2:22am On Dec 06, 2010
Men this is the kind of room {full of crooks} that Boko haram need to bomb.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by ladi02(m): 2:34am On Dec 06, 2010
I dey laugh o! grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Musiwa13: 2:35am On Dec 06, 2010
TewMuch , not in nigeria law. It is in the angloamerica law. and not the nigeria law. even not yoruba law. Children from polygamy home are not naughty person. It is the angloamerican that believe in monogamy.  Monogamy is a britain and american law. In isreal polygamy is there.

Even if you look at the bible most people where polygamy. with God there is no naughty person. there are even churches in america that have polygamy as part of them. Polygamy was part of the early church. it is written in the bible.

i think you are not a yoruba person, In yoruba culture before. the normal thing they would have done to Obasanjo was to stone Obasanjo to dead. That is what Yoruba culture is expect to do to Obasanjo for what he did to Yoruba people about the satellite pictures,  They can even ask him to leave Yorubaland , him and his family and never return again. I hope you know what Obasanjo did is a punishable sin in Yorubaland.

When a woman goes out of her marriage to commit adultery,that child is a bastard1 in Yorubaland. But when a man do, it is not bastard1.

When you look at the bible most of the men where into polygamy marriages. The men never commited adultery for taken an extra woman and marry them. Some may disagree. But reading the bible, I am correct. It is not adultery to marry an extra wife.

Even the early church in the new testament where into polygamy marriage.

The talk of monogamy in the bible is centre around paul statement  to timothy about one wife. But if you look at that statement . It says if a man want to become a bishop. So what happen if a man does not want to become a bishop.? There are many writtern for and against.

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality ,   1 Timothy 3:2
Well not every man want to be a bishop.

If you have read your bible well, the bible talk about the wife of your youth. What is your wife of your youth. It means your first wife. Which mean they had more than one wife.

Well Jesus is the reason why I am a christain. not paul. If you can get that. I would show you. What Jesus said. .  And here is it, I did not become save because of Paul but because of Jesus. So get it very clear. My christainity is not based on Paul but on Jesus. AGAIN JESUS. JESUS. JESUS.  get it clear.

Now Matthew 25 talk about a parable of 10 virgin married to one man. Only 5 of the virgin really married that one man. And Jesus was using an event on earth to explain an event which would take place in heaven.
The event on earth he used was marriage. And the bible tells us clearly that this man who the 10 virgin were waiting for married the 5 of the 10 virgin. That is polygamy. Jesus was using a polygamy marriage to explain heaven.
That man married 5 wives in one day. This was not Paul talking but Jesus talking about polygamy. it was a real event on earth, he was not his imagination. I did not ask Jesus to say it. there is polygamy in isreal.

The Parable of the Ten Virgins
1“Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lampsa and went to meet the[b] bridegroom [/b].b 2Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, 4but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept. 6But at midnight there was a cry,. ‘Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him, ’ 7Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. 8And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9But the wise answered, saying, ‘Since there will not be enough for us and for you, go rather to the dealers and buy for yourselves.’ 10And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut. 11Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open to us.’

It is a woman who does not want to sit in her husband house who claim ,that she comes from an adulterous family, That cant you see her sisters, she did the same and pack her load out of her husband house. Is that woman not a  backslider  do you think that woman sound like a save woman to you. ?? When a woman now says she want to do prostitution. 
if you dont sit , in your house. prostitution. 

Look at this article.

http://torontoist.com/2010/09/prostitution_now_even_more_legal_in_ontario_than_it_was_before.php

You dont come to canada or the USA and start following them, most of them here are not save, even some of the nigeria pastors over here are not saved. They are just pastors because they want to make DOLLAR. and many nigerian who came here dont get. It is mostly about the DOLLAR that is why they open thier church. And if you go with them, you would have problem. you face what you came here for. Most of them tell lies on the alter and make false claim that God is speaking to do. And by the end of the day, many women become childless because they have believe false pastors. A woman eggs does not remain forever. When a fraud pastor  now tell them, he has miracle for them , it waste thier time and they never find husband. Because the fraud miracle pastor want to use them to make money. I am telling you based on my experience with some of the fraud 419 pastors. Most of them tell lies alot about God speaking to them. they even have agent working with them. that why i dont deal with them.

some of this backslider nigeria churches and backslider pastors  over here  who have no shame,  supporting what is wrong because they are greedy men who  are only interested in  collecting  tithe and offering. They open church because they came here to MAKE DOLLAR
I am not saying you should go and commit adultery, I am only showing something in the bible.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/359435_218855_fff91_JPGa13fe49920245c816f4b0ae661a31f0a_jpg1634d1370eac11b82d5daf8451034130

www.nairaland.com/attachments/359436_hjjut_jpg6d145b55d97ae9ffc807f3e0d3004236
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by TewMuch: 3:27am On Dec 06, 2010
National law takes presedence over any yoruba law or polygamy.The legally wedded wife has priority over the man's estate even in Nigeria.All other children are bastards.Check it, this is not benin republic.You know Nigeria follows the british legal system.Cultural laws do not apply.So the women having litters for him are wasting their time.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by tpia1: 8:04am On Dec 06, 2010
akala and his cheery demeanor regardless how much bad press he's getting.

he no dey fear bad belle ni?
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by sbeezy8: 8:19am On Dec 06, 2010
at the picture why tho?
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by COOLDK(m): 8:52am On Dec 06, 2010
Comedy season 1. Season 2 on its way when the FOOL and FATHER OF BASTARDS reconcile. Crazy Motherfu*ckers
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by chiozor: 9:11am On Dec 06, 2010
I donot care if it is Obj,Obj may be evil but my concern here is the status of a former president of soverenign country called Nigeria. The security agencies need to question Fayose and caution him. Whether we like it or not, the status of the former president must be respected! angry
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by seunmsg(m): 9:46am On Dec 06, 2010
OBJ is surely not laughing at Fayose this time around.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by vigasimple(m): 11:53am On Dec 06, 2010
chiozor:

I donot care if it is Obj,Obj may be evil but my concern here is the status of a former president of soverenign country called Nigeria. The security agencies need to question Fayose and caution him. Whether we like it or not, the status of the former president must be respected! angry

I totally agree with you. Fayose is a market thug. It is a shame that he thinks he is somebody because he was a Governor once. The guy should look at himself in the mirror and asked, was his behaviour that of a leader or garage boys.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Otunbakay(m): 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2010
1025:

can anyone behave like this to nelson mandela? the answer is no. a dead rat gives room for children to drag it by the tail.
as long as obasanjo refuses to act like an old man, children will always mess up with him.
most of those who treat him with disrespect are those that have known one or two things abt him.
even among his pals, he has no respect just for the fear of what he can do, ppl are just worshipping him.
at his age, coupled with his height in politics, obasanjo is supposed to relaxe in the comforts of his stolen wealths while ppl pay his visits but there is no rest for the thief.
unfortunately, these types of men will not have their children be relevant in the society.
GBAM! na you talk am
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by LA2(m): 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2010
OBJ to attempt to give a damn

Ota Farm, Ogun State - Former head of state, and the man who has ruled Nigeria for the longest cumulative length of time, Retired General Olusegun Obasanjo, has told Nigerians that he will finally attempt to give a damn.

Hosting reporters at his Ota Farm, OBJ, as he is fondly known, took members of the press on a tour of his thriving business. He was particularly keen on showing off his flourishing cassava plants.

In his trademark jocular manner that has made him a delight with journalists, Baba, as he is also called, treated his guests to a series of interesting titbits on farming:

"Sometime ago, when we were in America on a tour, we met some farmers who told us about new scientific methods of farming, like talking to your plants and giving them names. This one here is Atiku, see how big its head is? I talk to all the plants at least once a day when I'm not away from Ota. See how well they are doing?" ,
Source:
http://www.wazobiareport.com/default.aspx/OBJ-to-attempt-to-give-a-damn
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by LKRavitz(m): 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2010
just wondering if Obasanjo is still laughing. Atiku sef go dey laff. Comedy Central naija!
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Meldrick(m): 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2010
fayose is just a hooligan. his children's age mate will also insult him.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by lucson: 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2010
grin.chei!this ones are comedians/thugz cum politicians.hahahahahahaha grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by jbkomo(m): 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2010
The point still remains; Obj is actualy the father of bastard, Fayose is one of his son(bastard) who is trying to break from the father's grip. And oyinlola, a thieve celebrating his 7 years uninterupted looting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DMO Has Exposed The Lies Of Edo Government — Ize-iyamu / Corruption: PDP Urges NIA, DSS, Interpol to Track Oshiomhole / FG Pays Usman Yusuf, Suspended NHIS Boss N13.8M After Indictment - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.