Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event (13229 Views)

Fayose At Governor Ikpeazu's Mother's Burial (pictures) / Pictures of Gov Fayose At A Palm Wine Joint Omisanjana, Ado Ekiti Today / Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by oge4real(f): 11:00am On Dec 07, 2010
I still do not understand why Onyinlola is holding a thanksgiving service after being disgraced out of office.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by babaogun(m): 11:54am On Dec 07, 2010
oge4real:

I still do not understand why Onyinlola is holding a thanksgiving service after being disgraced out of office.

There are many reasons to have a thanksgiving,

Thanksgiving for the gift of life
Thanksgiving for good health
Thanksgiving for sound mind - maybe not sha!!!
Thanksgiving for family
etc,
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by daphil: 12:15pm On Dec 07, 2010
Eefi ni iwa ( behaviour is like smoke).
Must Fayose pay evil with evil?
If he has no skeletons in his wardrobe, efcc wouldnt have chased him like a dog.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by ogwumgbe: 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2010
musiwa, i do not know the Bible that told you that Jesus supports polygamy. Better read your Bible very well before you incure the wrath of God to your self. Mt 12; 36 - 37 " you have to give account of every careless word you say on the last day, for by thy words you shall be justified and by your words you shall be condemned." The parable of the ten virgins is simply a proverb speaking figuratively to explain Jesus and his faithful followers. Not marriage please. There's no polygamy in christianity. Also Jesus said in the scriptures that we'are made a man and a woman. so be warned. Also, Bible says that every sin will be forgiven men but the sin against the Holy spirit {blasphemy of christ} will never be forgiven so be warned.

1 Like

Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by akinnux(m): 2:46pm On Dec 07, 2010
My advise is that Iyabo should please advise Baba to finally retire from partisan politics and stop ridiculing himself all over the place. I am afraid that more embarrassment still awaits him if he fails to retire and atone for his sins against Nigerian.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by andyanders: 3:18pm On Dec 07, 2010
IS OBJ, NOT SOMEONE RUMORED TO HAVE EVEN SLEPT WITH HIS SON’S WIFE? AT HIS AGE HE HAS DONE MORE HARM THAN GOOD. HOW CAN YOU ALLOW FAYOSE TO GREET OBJ? IT WAS BECAUSE HE "FAYOSE IS ALIVE TODAY TO TALK. IF THE GUY WASN’T SMART, OBJ WOULD HAVE FINISHED/WASTED HIM.
ANOTHER THING IS THIS. HOW COME ONYILOLA IS DOING PARTY AFTER HE WAS REMOVED FROM OFFICE AND THESE MEN CAME VISITING AND CELEBRATING? IT IS HIGH TIME THAT WE START PUTTING THE PEOPLE WHO STOLE MANDATE TO PRISON. BY COMING TO CELEBRATE WITH SOMEONE WHO WAS THROWN OUT OF OFFICE GOES TO SHOW THAT OUR SOCIETY IS FINISHED AND HAVE NO CONSCIENCE. TRUE LEADERS SHOULD BE CELEBRATED AND NOT PEOPLE WHO STEAL PEOPLE’S MANDATE.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by jamesugo: 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2010
Both are old fools.
Instead of them talking on building a better Nigeria,they are there fooling themselves.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 07, 2010
This story is very pathetic and Shameful to Yorubas, In igboland a child do not expose the unclothedness of his father in public, no matter the grievance. I thought Yoruba ppl have more respect to elders than IGBOS. Well A Snake will always give birth to something Long, Motor park ALAYE sons of OBJ ruling states,
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by haladug(m): 4:22pm On Dec 07, 2010
He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword , fourth law of karma.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Meldrick(m): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2010
babaogun:

There are many reasons to have a thanksgiving,

Thanksgiving for the gift of life
Thanksgiving for good health
Thanksgiving for sound mind - maybe not sha!!!
Thanksgiving for family
etc,

hmmmm!!! I see
And he could not hold all these thanksgiving while he was in office. After a succesful loot and an ignominous exit from the government house he holds a thanksgiving. THINK MAN
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2010
A more reliable version of the story

Obasanjo to Fayose: You are a bastard

•He’s a ‘bastard father’, replies ex-governor

[i]‘You are also a bastard. In fact, you are a bastard father. You are a former president and I’m a former governor. You are not superior to me. If you think you can mess up anybody, not me. You deserve no respect anywhere, not even in Yorubaland. If you try me, I will deal with y[/i]ou’

Nigerian Compass, Monday 06 December.
Joshua Dada, Osogbo

OKUKU, a sleepy town in Osun State, was turned to a theatre of ‘war’ yesterday by former President Olusegun Obasanjo and former governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose.

Prominent Nigerians were in the town to attend a church thanksgiving service for the seven-and-a-half-year incumbency of former governor of the South-West state, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola.

Oyinlola, who was elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), held sway as the Chief Security Officer of the State of the Livingspring until he was sacked by the Court of Appeal, sitting in Ibadan, penultimate Friday.

The service was held at St Michael’s Anglican Cathedral, Okuku, and the sermon was delivered by Rt. Rev. Ayo Ladigbolu.

After the service, the former governor’s guests moved to his palatial residence and that was when the drama started.

Obasanjo, wearing a white agbada, was sitting with former military President, General Ibrahim Babangida (rtd); Oyinlola; Oyo State Governor, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala; former Managing Director of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Mr. Akin Osuntokun, and others when Fayose entered the living room about 2.14 p.m.

Sporting a white buba and sokoto, Fayose greeted Babangida and others but ignored Obasanjo.

Thinking it was an oversight, the former Ekiti governor was told he was yet to greet Obasanjo and he said he had no reason to extend such a gesture towards him.

Obasanjo, who was already livid because of the affront, told Fayose: “You are a bastard.”

At that moment, Fayose became infuriated and he started shouting: “You are also a bastard. In fact, you are a bastard father. You are a former president and I’m a former governor. You are not superior to me. If you think you can mess up anybody, not me. You deserve no respect anywhere, not even in Yorubaland. If you try me, I will deal with you.

“I’m a member of Labour Party, not the PDP. I’m only here because of my personal respect for a former colleague and this is not a PDP matter. I’m not a contractor and I’m not looking for contract from you or the PDP. Your time has passed and you are living under the illusion of the past.”

A source said “everybody was shocked.”

Securitymen attached to Obasanjo and Fayose were confused as they didn’t know what to do when the former governor assaulted Obasanjo.

Fayose was advised to calm down but he and Obasanjo behaved like a cat and mouse for the duration of the time spent before they departed.

After about 30 minutes, Fayose left “and Obasanjo departed 10 minutes later.”

The source said the altercation could be traced to the October 16, 2006 event when Fayose was impeached allegedly on the prompting of Obasanjo.

When contacted, Fayose confirmed the shouting match between the duo.

Asked whether he apologised to the former president, he said: “Apologise to who? I will never apologise to somebody like that. I am convinced that what I did was right. I am not prepared to apologise to him at all because he is not an honourable man.”

Earlier at the service, Oyinlola admonished the people of the state to fortify the administration of his successor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, with prayers just like they did for him so that he (Aregbesola) will succeed.

Bishop Ladigbolu also urged politicians to recognise the opposition, rather than see the other party as an adversary.

At the service were Obasanjo; Babangida; Governors Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State; Alao Akala; Minister of Youth, Senator Akinlabi Olasunkanmi; former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mrs Olubunmi Etteh; Dr. Yemi Farounbi, Col. Theophilus Bamgboye (rtd); Elder Segun Akinwusi; Speaker, Osun State House of Assembly, Adejare Bello; former Deputy National Chairman (South) of the PDP, Chief Shuaib Oyedokun; General Patrick Aziza; former Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Otunba Femi Pedro; former Osun State Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Alhaji Fatai Akinade Akinbade, and National Vice-Chairman, (South-West) of the PDP, Alhaji Tajudeen Oladipo.

Others were Chief Nathaniel Oke; Akogun Lere Oyewumi; Mr. Festus Adeyemo; Chief Funso Isola; Dr. Muyiwa Oladimeji; Chief Alafe Aluko; Yusuf Alli (SAN); Hon. Wole Oke; Evangelist Betty Bakare; Rev. Bunmi Jenyo; Mr. Diran Odeyemi; Elder Adetoyese Ojo; Hon. Niyi Owolade; Mrs Feyi Fayose; Bishop Fajemirokun; Rev Badejo; Rev Adegoke; Colonel Emmanuel Soda; Alhaji Ademola Rasaq; Mrs. Kemi Martins; Alhaji Adebayo Adelodun; Otunba Kunle Kalejaye; Mr. Tunde Osanupin; Alhaji Lateef Bakare; Chief Olufemi Omotara; Dr. Bayo Faforiji and Justice Oladoke.

Oyinlola charged the people to cooperate with the Aregbesola administration because “Osun State is our own Jerusalem and we have no other place to claim, as such, we must pray for its goodness.”

He thanked God for giving him the opportunity to serve the state, just as he expressed his deep appreciation to the people for the “wonderful show of support” since the Court of Appeal verdict that ousted him.

Oyinlola said his joy knew no bounds for the achievements he recorded while in power, stressing that the welfare of the people he ruled over was the focal point of his administration.

On the court verdict which ousted him, Oyinlola praised his legal team for a job well done, saying that what happened was the will of God.

He said he had not lost any sleep over the matter because “if there is no disappointment, there cannot be any appointment. “

Bishop Ladigbolu said the occasion was one of joy for the Oyinlola family whose son did not disappoint the people while in government.

He added that “God does not disappoint his people. He is always available to support His people.”

According to the Bishop, there should be continuity in governance, saying Oyinlola has done his best for Osun State and it is now the turn of another person and the people should also support the new government as they supported Oyinlola for the state to progress.

Quoting from the book of Isaiah Chapter 40:28-41, the cleric admonished Oyinlola to stand by the Lord and forget whatever wrong anybody might have done to him and should also forgive whosoever might have offended him.

His words: “ This is the day to forgive, a day to ask for forgiveness and indeed a day to decide to follow God”.

High point of the event was a special number rendered by Oyinlola’s wife, Omolola, and daughter entitled “Count your blessing.”

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71018:obasanjo-to-fayose-you-are-a-bastard&catid=43:news&Itemid=799
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Anaegboka(m): 5:10pm On Dec 07, 2010
This Oyinlola is a shameless thlef, he stole the peoples vote and looted their treasury. He was not satisfied with the loots he garnered as military administrator. How greedy can this man be? He'll still come back one day 'to answer the call of his people to serve' or do we say 'to answer the call of his greed to steal' I wonder if nairalanders noticed the names of those guests mentioned.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by DRANOEL(m): 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2010
we too sey join atiku laugh grin grin grin grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by tunde121oke: 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2010
not fair
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Kilode1: 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
At the service were Obasanjo; Babangida; Governors Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State; Alao Akala; Minister of Youth, Senator Akinlabi Olasunkanmi; former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mrs Olubunmi Etteh; Dr. Yemi Farounbi, Col. Theophilus Bamgboye (rtd); Elder [/b]Segun Akinwusi; Speaker, Osun State House of Assembly, Adejare Bello; former Deputy National Chairman (South) of the PDP, [b]Chief [/b]Shuaib Oyedokun; [b]General Patrick Aziza; former Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Otunba [/b]Femi Pedro; former Osun State Secretary to the State Government (SSG), [b]Alhaji Fatai Akinade Akinbade, and National Vice-Chairman, (South-West) of the PDP, Alhaji Tajudeen Oladipo.

Others were[b] Chief[/b] Nathaniel Oke; Akogun Lere Oyewumi; Mr. Festus Adeyemo; Chief [/b]Funso Isola; [b]Dr. Muyiwa Oladimeji; Chief [/b]Alafe Aluko; Yusuf Alli [b](SAN); Hon. Wole Oke; Evangelist Betty Bakare; Rev. Bunmi Jenyo; Mr. Diran Odeyemi; Elder [/b]Adetoyese Ojo; Hon. Niyi Owolade; Mrs Feyi Fayose; [b]Bishop Fajemirokun; Rev Badejo; Rev Adegoke; Colonel Emmanuel Soda; Alhaji [/b]Ademola Rasaq; Mrs. Kemi Martins; [b]Alhaji Adebayo Adelodun; Otunba Kunle Kalejaye; Mr. Tunde Osanupin; Alhaji Lateef Bakare; [b]Chief [/b]Olufemi Omotara; Dr. Bayo Faforiji and [b]Justice [/b]Oladoke.

Alhaji, Elder, Architect, Pharmacist, Doctor, Chief  reh reh reh!!

That generation and yeye Titles!! Just fix the country Dammit!!

Silly elitist shameless fools celebrating mediocrity and outright theft while wasting their children's generation with theirs!! NONSENSE!!
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by akinolasam: 9:52pm On Dec 07, 2010
@ topic

who ever live in a glass house should not throw stone cool
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Musiwa13: 11:24pm On Dec 07, 2010
kayci_d77 , what do you mean, Yoruba people have lost respect for the PDP and Obasanjo, look even while we were speaking the other day, a yoruba woman said she does not know why other yoruba living in Nigeria have not gone to kill obasanjo. that statement should tell you how upset the Yorubas are with Obasanjo and the PDP. So add insult to injury , Jonathan thinks he will refuse to correct the injustice against the Yoruba people that He Jonathan Goodluck would win a single seat in Yorubaland, what does Jonathan call the Yoruba people. Does Jonathan think we are bastard1. ??

I am shock when I read what some of you write. It is mathematically impossible for Jonathan to remain president of Nigeria. I am telling you. If the PDP rigged Yoruba land. I know my people. There would be violent. So Jonathan better go and look for his vote among hausa/fulani, because it looks like that is the only place Jonathan and obasanjo has a chance.

Yorubas would be bastard1 if they vote the PDP back to power.  The Yorubas says Omo ale lo fi owo re ju wa ile baba re. ( it is only a bastard1 that use his left hand to point to his father house) The Yorubarace would become bastard1 if they vote for the PDP.
Only Bastard1 yoruba man would support the PDP and Jonathan at this point,
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Nobody: 4:12am On Dec 08, 2010
TewMan said:

National law takes presedence over any yoruba law or polygamy.The legally wedded wife has priority over the man's estate even in Nigeria.All other children are bastards.Check it, this is not benin republic.You know Nigeria follows the british legal system.Cultural laws do not apply

Bullshiit.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Larufa(m): 5:03am On Dec 08, 2010
In as much as I am not a fan of Ayo Fayose, I support how he treated OBJ. In Yoruba land, the issue of one's paternity is never taken lightly. If OBJ wants to be respected, he should be mindful of what comes out of his mouth. Remember he once used an uncomplimentary words on Prof. Sam Aluko (The world class economics).
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by LKRavitz(m): 9:24am On Dec 08, 2010
testing testing Basrterd Basterd i said Basterd not naughty person. Moderator cut us some slack we dont Get to use Basterds all the time. The topic allows for it.Nairaland is messing with my spelling.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by tonte23(m): 10:24am On Dec 08, 2010
Fayose has to be arrested and imprisoned. Fayose has no right to call OBJ names especially in public. Obasanjo carries the sovereignty of Nigeria as ex president and does not deserve such assault. FAYOSE YOU ARE A BIG SHAME
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by evatee(m): 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2010
I think people don't really understand what went wrong between OBJ and Ay. I wonder why people jump into conclusion on things they knw nuffin abt. To me, Ay did the best by describing OJB has "father of all Bastards" coz he caused most of the problems of SW. I beliv OBJ, IBB still av a lot of things in common if not what are they doing togeda?have u ever seen TINUBU(Bola ojuigo) and OBJ togeda like diz?don't knw what the idiota (Oyinlola) is celebrating after loothin the treasure of his state, HAD IT BEEN THAT THE SO CALLED EFCC. ICPC are doing dir Job, the Idiota should av moved from his former office to prison by now. We the masses we'll fold our arms and watch the foolish drama u guyz are performin, we believe it will end one day.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by zionic(m): 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2010
i see 3 nigerians, but am glad am from 9JA, grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by laji(m): 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2010
politics politics politics, thats y they say no permanent friend and enenmy,,,hisssssssssss!
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by lastpage: 1:02am On Mar 26, 2011
In those days of OBJ, it was "(Christian association of Nigeria) CAN, my foot"!
I hope people still remember that?

Funny thing about the whole story is that "A BISHOP", another of those "man-of-God" was spewing rubbish at these gathering of the ignoble!

What is the matter with all these religious leaders that they can even call a spade, a spade?
Dont they have shame? Who is that Bishop "Thanking" on behalf of that useless Governor?
God? Same God abi another one?

I think a nursery school rhyme that warns children about behaving like OBJ should be composed and made compulsory for everybody to learn.
This is the funniest part
Can somebody "rise-up to the occasion please"?

I just dey laugh O! grin grin grin

"The evil/good that men do, will now live WITH them"! wink tongue

Good riddance to "two bad rubbish"
Won ma fun ra'won loogun je ni! (They will poison themselves eventually) grin grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by billyG(m): 10:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
He!He!!He!!! im sure he didnt 4get to add oloriburuku!oloshi,ole,ode & agbaya to d insults

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan's Office Is Inseparable From The Presidency / Dasukigate Funds Traced To Abati, Okupe, Fadile, And Gula / NIMC, World Bank To Provide Digital ID For 148 Million Nigerians By 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.