Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event (13228 Views)

Fayose At Governor Ikpeazu's Mother's Burial (pictures) / Pictures of Gov Fayose At A Palm Wine Joint Omisanjana, Ado Ekiti Today / Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by PastorOla1: 6:53pm On Dec 06, 2010
Short of words, But I dey laugh ooooo!!!!!
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Irk(m): 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2010
I weep when I hear Nigeria is a developing country. Lets agree Fayose is a Ram' is Baba still a Goat. Two political icons fooling themselves at the detriment of their political career even if they got non lets pretend they do. [color=#990000][/color]

Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by dayokanu(m): 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2010
If a father brings up his sons to slap and beat up people in the community, He shouldnt be surprised when the son end up beating him one day.

tpia1:

which kain proverb be this.

Na so our elders dey talk am o. Meaning when you are called an elder, your behaviour should beffitt those of elders, But when an elder behaves unruly, he surely deserves whatever comes at him
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by tpia1: 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2010
obj tends to stare directly at the camera, in photos.

interesting body language.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by juman(m): 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2010
Oyinlola's thanksgiving? Thanking God for looted the state's for 8 years? OBJ and his boys should know that God will catch them soon.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by tpia1: 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2010
dayokanu:

If a father brings up his sons to slap and beat up people in the community, He shouldnt be surprised when the son end up beating him one day.

well, cant argue with that.

but any such son might still bear the consequences however.

doesnt mean it will end there.

Na so our elders dey talk am o. Meaning when you are called an elder, your behaviour should beffitt those of elders, But when an elder behaves unruly, he surely deserves whatever comes at him

interesting proverb and quite sarcastic too.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by fuke(m): 7:10pm On Dec 06, 2010
Thanks giving for thievery?

Go is so tolerant. He should stike them with thunder.

Our church people amaze me daily. When an Armed robber makes a
haul he goes to church to do thanks giving. But the church will refuse to
do funeral service  for  a dead poor member because his church dues are not up to date.

Oyinlola de do thanks giving. I laugh.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by PupetMasta(m): 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2010
Respect is reciprocal. He got what he deserves. If he is really a good old man worth respecting, he would not have made politics a do-or-die affair, he would not have imposed leaders on us, he will not have slept with his daughter-in-law, he would not have attended the thanksgiving service of a criminal, if he wanted respect he will not be in the midst of day walking vampires. As it is said "A goat that walks with a dog will surely eat excreter". He walks , dine and behaves like a father of bastard so he will surely be called one.

I think a nursery school rhyme that warns children about behaving like OBJ should be composed and made compulsory for everybody to learn.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by dayokanu(m): 7:22pm On Dec 06, 2010
OBJ should be a lesson to all youths and aspiring leaders.

When after 11yrs as president he is being openly disrespected by all and sundry.

When Awos name even wins election 23yrs after his death,

Ahmadu Bellos name still make the earth quake 40yrs after his death.

OBj is alive and he is the butt of all jokes.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2010
^^^^ Not sure which is sadder, being the butt of everyone's jokes or his seeming non-chalance of his legacy.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by dayokanu(m): 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2010
I think both are interwoven, He became the butt of jokes for a reason. Which one of them is lack of a legacy
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 06, 2010
People tend to become more reflective as they get older, clearly this is not the case for him. Maybe he has an exagerrated sense of self-worth.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Ibomade1: 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2010
Not to worry they will some be smiling together like a cat with cream
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by DEEHASAL(m): 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2010
dayokanu:

OBJ should be a lesson to all youths and aspiring leaders.

When after 11yrs as president he is being openly disrespected by all and sundry.

When Awos name even wins election 23yrs after his death,

Ahmadu Bellos name still make the earth quake 40yrs after his death.

OBj is alive and he is the butt of all jokes.

Spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obasanjo was SouthWest greatest enemy when he ruled Nigeria both times.
While ACN groomed young,decxent and progressive people in the region to play active role in politics,
OBJ used every state machinery to dismantle it and install his cronies.
Oyinlola is the worst governor SW ever produced after Akala.
Oyinlola did nothing to show for almost N600Billion allocation he recieved from FG.
He still went ahead to borrow another N18B at the twilight of his tenure.
There is nothing to do thanksgiving for except bidding farewell before relocating to Kirikiri permanently.
The PDP Governors OBJ rigged into office are rascals,thieves and looters.

Fayose might be disrespectful but he definitely did the right thing.
The same OBJ orchestrated his removal from office and sent EFCC dogs after him.
There has to be a way to get back at him and that was the right opportunity.

OBJ by his actions or rather inactions has murdered sleep,and as such will sleep with his eyes opened.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by juman(m): 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2010
Fayose has reason to be angry. His removal from office and that of Gov Ladopa was unconstitutional.
OBJ builts nest with his hand and destroys it with leg. He is not a  good politician at all.

He saved Nigeria from the hand of the hawks (Atiku, IBB and co), he built team of honest people (Ribadu and co) at the centre (Abuja) and destroyed it with his third time bid.
He suppose to make one of his team members continue as president after him. Such like El Rufai or any one of them.
He destroyed PDP in the SW by his partiality.
President Jonathan should be very careful to  know which of the advise from OBJ that he should follow in order not to land himself in trouble.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Kilode1: 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2010
Last month, an irate Nigerian rained blows on him

grin grin grin

True or Not, I can't stop ROFL at the imagery. . .
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Gbawe: 9:32pm On Dec 06, 2010
juman:

Fayose has reason to be angry. His removal from office and that of Gov Ladopa was unconstitutional.
OBJ builts nest with his hand and destroys it with leg. He is not a good politician at all.

He saved Nigeria from the hand of the hawks (Atiku, IBB and co), he built team of honest people (Ribadu and co) at the centre (Abuja) and destroyed it with his third time bid.
He suppose to make one of his team members continue as president after him. Such like El Rufai or any one of them. He destroyed PDP in the SW by his partiality.
President Jonathan should be very careful to know which of the advise from OBJ that he should follow in order not to land himself in trouble.

Great observation. If OBJ actually loves Nigeria he would have left her in capable hands. instead he was busy looking for an unthinking stooge , as President, who will do his bidding without question. The likes of El rufai, Okonjo-Iweala have independent minds and as such they will do things their own way. For that reason they did not feature in OBJ's plans. If one looks at OBJ without sentiments it will be obvious that the man is a crude egotist with a messiah syndrome.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by emmalezy(m): 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2010
i dey laf oo.lol
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by TippyTop(m): 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2010
Fayose may have acted too fast.

"Pikin wey think say him get power and  try carry papa with both hands, na blockos dey cover him face".

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by eherbal(m): 2:28am On Dec 07, 2010
The outrage and outburst were uncalled for.fayose is just seeking cheap publicity since he's hardly of any political relevance nowadays.anything to be in the news.i'm still not an obj fan though.the old goat ought to have vaporized out of shame from the nigerian social and political circle,not after what he put us through and we're still worst for it. grin
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Musiwa13: 3:12am On Dec 07, 2010
I dont think you people understand that what Obasanjo has done to the Yoruba is treason, which under Yoruba culture is punishable by death.

So because you people do not know the implication of this thing, you are talking out of point. The issue is should the culture of the Yoruba people be observe to serve a lesson to anyone in Yorubaland in future.

Obasanjo would not be the first Yoruba man to be sentence to death for treason against the Yoruba people, check history. Many Yoruba people have been sentence for treason against the Yoruba race.

This should give Jonathan an understanding of what we are talking about. Is Jonathan ready to relocate back to bayelsa state That Obasanjo commited treason against the Yoruba people. And Jonathan does not know that he has a problem yet??
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by olafolarin(m): 3:27am On Dec 07, 2010
Tippy Top:

Fayose may have acted too fast.

"Pikin wey think say him get power and  try carry papa with both hands, na blockos dey cover him face".

PEACE OUT!!!

Which Main wicked proverb come Be Dat now?
I've Never heard such before!!!!!!!
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Musiwa13: 5:03am On Dec 07, 2010
When you look at what the united nation is doing in Ivory coast. They are going to put economic embargo on nigeria.

See the result of that embargo on zimbabwe.

And the reason why Oyinlola is doing thanks given is because they did not kill. Look. Oyo state is out of the reach of PDP.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by udezue(m): 7:01am On Dec 07, 2010
Olisiego Obusonjo asked for it and got his butt served to him. Case closed.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Kobojunkie: 7:12am On Dec 07, 2010
e-herbal:

The outrage and outburst were uncalled for.fayose is just seeking cheap publicity since he's hardly of any political relevance nowadays.anything to be in the news.i'm still not an obj fan though.the old goat ought to have vaporized out of shame from the nigerian social and political circle,not after what he put us through and we're still worst for it. grin

I don't think one has to be an OBJ fan to state the obvious in this case. These are grown men, the one still a public employee and his behavior was simply uncalled for.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 07, 2010
DEEHASAL:

Spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obasanjo was SouthWest greatest enemy when he ruled Nigeria both times.
While ACN groomed young,decxent and progressive people in the region to play active role in politics,
OBJ used every state machinery to dismantle it and install his cronies.
Oyinlola is the worst governor SW ever produced after Akala.
Oyinlola did nothing to show for almost N600Billion allocation he recieved from FG.
He still went ahead to borrow another N18B at the twilight of his tenure.
There is nothing to do thanksgiving for except bidding farewell before relocating to Kirikiri permanently.
The PDP Governors OBJ rigged into office are rascals,thieves and looters.

Fayose might be disrespectful but he definitely did the right thing.
The same OBJ orchestrated his removal from office and sent EFCC dogs after him.

There has to be a way to get back at him and that was the right opportunity.

OBJ by his actions or rather inactions has murdered sleep,and as such will sleep with his eyes opened.

And yet after truncating his governorship and persecuting him with EFCC dogs, the old megalomaniac still expects Fayose to 'dobale' for him and be spouting 'ekpele sir' 'ekurele sir', 'ekale sir', 'ese sir', 'yes sir'. . .all in the name of respect for elders! This Yoruba notion of sheepish 'respect' is laughable to say the least. You hack me down with brutal malice, and yet you expect me accept it in good fate and shower you with public respect just 'cos you're 'older'? How sick.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by crackhouse(m): 9:21am On Dec 07, 2010
well, something may have prompted such an altitude which we don't know. i believe they know the origin of their beef. The ones wey pressmen tell us about our politicians na im we know and the ones wey they no tell us nko, definitely we don't know about those ones, so OBJ and his fayose knew where their problems started.
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by meetmuyiwa(m): 10:01am On Dec 07, 2010
I still don't understand the reason for the thanksgiving. is it to thank God for making him sucessful at the rigging or what?? Is there no law in the country to prosecute those who rigged elections?? where is EFCC and ICPC. The whole story is just like an armed robber calling the whole world for thanksgiving after a sucessful 'operation'. God Bless Nigeria
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by Ess: 10:02am On Dec 07, 2010
PRESS: Sir, what can you say about the recent word fight between OBJ and Fayose?
ATIKU: *Pops out his cuban cigar from his chest pocket, and brought out his goldplated mixed with titanium lighter and lights it up. took a long deep inhalation and then puffed some circular shaped looking smoke at the pressman and finally said:*    waaawaaawaaa, i de cry now. I no fit laff anymore again! God bless you and Nigerians,
PRESS: Thank you Sir. undecided

OBJ deserves what ever he gets. I wonder or rather dare if somebody can do similar to IBB ever!!!
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by daphil: 10:05am On Dec 07, 2010
smileyHmmmm.

Father of bastards indeed!

And I hope Ayodele Fayose kmnows that he is one of the
Re: Former President Obasanjo Humiliated By Fayose At Oyinlola's Thanksgiving Event by babaogun(m): 10:46am On Dec 07, 2010
Different Version:

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201012072573984

I didn’t insult Fayose – Obasanjo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Monday denied exchanging hot words with a former Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, at the thanksgiving reception organised by the sacked former governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, in his Okuku hometown, Oyo State, because he (Obasanjo) could not condenscend to the level of the former Ekiti governor.

Fayose, impeached as governor in 2006 in controversial circumstances during the second term tenure of the Obasanjo’s eight-year regime, was reported to have launched a verbal attack on Obasanjo at the Okuku event but the former president told our correspondent on Monday that he did not respond to Fayose’s diatribe.

Obasanjo, who spoke on the telephone through his Consultant on Media, Mr. Adeoba Ojekunle, wondered why he would exchange hot words with “someone that I could be his father.” He said Fayose’s “aggression was misplaced.”

The former President insisted that there was no exchange of hot words between him and the ex-governor as he claimed that Fayose left shortly after the encounter which was said to have almost ended the ceremony.

Ojekunle explained, “He (Fayose) came into the inner room of Oyinlola’s house, where Baba (Obasanjo) was with the rest of the visitors. Fayose was not around during the thanksgiving service; he came after the service. He greeted everyone in the inner room except Baba. So, the other people asked him why he would not greet Baba. That was what sparked off his anger as he started raining abuses on Baba. But if you know Baba very well, he would not say a word; and he didn’t say anything,” said the consultant as Obasanjo tried to find out from the background who was seeking clarifications on the Okuku encounter.

“You can ask me, was it Baba that was behind his trouble? Was he the EFCC that is trying him for corruption? Baba was not even there (in office) when he was arraigned for corrupt charges. So, he should go to his state and sort out his troubles.”

He claimed that Fayose could not continue his visit (to Oyinlola) after the verbal assault as he “hurriedly left the place because other dignitaries took exception to his conduct.”

Since Fayose was impeached four years ago, there had been no love lost between him and the former president. He had publicly blamed Obasanjo for his impeachment and subsequent trial by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. The Okuku episode on Sunday apparently provided Fayose the opportunity to confront the former president.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Farmers and Hunters Union, popularly known as the Agbekoya, on Monday issued a statement asking Fayose to apologise to Obasanjo for his conduct which the union said amounted to disrespecting an elder.

In the statement signed by the media consultant to the NFHU, Mr. Olatunji Bandele, the Agbekoya, reputed to have fought a fierce war of liberation against the defunct Western Region Government in the first republic, said Obasanjo “by all standards can have Fayose as a son and as such there can not be comparison between their ages and status in Nigeria.”

The association of farmers apologised to the former president for Fayose’s conduct but insisited that the former Ekiti State Governor, whom it said “must have misunderstood some issues,” must publicly apologise to Obasanjo.

Also, a former minister of Aviation under the Obasanjo administration, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, on Monday faulted Fayose’s attack on the former president.

“There comes a time when you have to look at the person that is insulting you and you opt not to bother to respond because there are certain types of people that you just can not reason with. What we do not need is for anyone to unleash an unprofitable assault on such a great achiever (Obasanjo),” he said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bello Organized SARS Men To Assassinate Me - Dino Melaye Cries Out (VIDEO) / Patience Jonathan's Office Is Inseparable From The Presidency / I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.