Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months (10393 Views)

Aisha Yesuf Reacts As Tahir Mamman Makes Tinubu’s Ministerial List / Datti-Babawo: I Sponsored The Bill To Reduce Minimum Wage Because Govt Is Broke / Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by agwom(m): 6:25am On Jan 13, 2020
The Chief Whip, House of Representatives, Mohammed Tahir Monguno (APC, Borno) says he sponsored 27 bills in seven months to impact positively on the lives of his constituents and other Nigerians. Speaking to our correspondent, Monguno who was ranked among top bill sponsors in the ninth assembly, said he was spurred by the zeal to contribute towards building a better Nigeria through robust and beneficial legislations.

He said: “Coming from an area bedevilled by myriad of security and developmental challenges, I am duty bound to present bills that will bring succour to my people and other Nigerians.

“All the bills I personally sponsored or co-sponsored with my colleagues are quality, well thought out proposals which when passed into law will help in bringing the needed legal frameworks for the development of the country. “Notable among the bills I sponsored are; the bill for the Separation of the Office of the Attorney General, bill for the Establishment for a body to regulate the Proliferation of Small Arms and the Onshore/Offshore Production Sharing as well as other important bills.”

Monguno added that, he was particularly moved by the current socio-economic challenges facing the country which required a review of most of the country’s laws to take care of the realities on ground. “We cannot move forward without being proactive especially with some of our constitutional provisions. The dynamism of the present times comes with challenges that need prompt actions especially from the National Assembly.

“I assure you, with the way the 9th assembly is focusing in making laws, Nigerians will have legislations that will be geared towards realising the dreams of having a country with progressive ideals to ensure overall development,” he said. Monguno was ranked second lawmaker ýwith the highest number of bills in the ninth House of Representatives since inauguration on June 11 last year. So far, he has sponsored ý27 bills.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-i-sponsored-27-bills-in-7-months-monguno.html

Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by Flyingngel(m): 6:35am On Jan 13, 2020
Guy it is not about sponsoring many bills, it is for your boss - Buhari to sign it. May after being pass by the national assembly, you have to go on a two days dry fast otherwise?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by Simplebeauty: 6:40am On Jan 13, 2020
grin

Notable among the bills I sponsored are; the bill for the Separation of the Office of the Attorney General, bill for the Establishment for a body to regulate the Proliferation of Small Arms and the Onshore/Offshore Production Sharing as well as other important bills
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by noleflendum: 6:41am On Jan 13, 2020
Help us to sponsor leflendum too since our shout yeast reps are afraid to do it

4 Likes

Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:41am On Jan 13, 2020
Anything to move our great nation forward is all we are after.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:41am On Jan 13, 2020
Flyingngel:
Guy it is not about sponsoring many bills, it is for your boss - Buhari to sign it. May after being pass by the national assembly, you have to go on a two days dry fast otherwise?
Biko Broda prayer warrior, start fasting then!
Dry fast o.
Very Very dry one!
grin cheesy wink

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by Yohh: 6:42am On Jan 13, 2020
The end justifies the means but no meaningful end despite ur many bills.
U should sponsor the bill that will propose reduction of number of you legislooters.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by helinues: 6:42am On Jan 13, 2020
27 bills?

So how many have been passed out of those 27?

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by Mikelarteta(m): 6:42am On Jan 13, 2020
Is it the same Borno state or do we have another thing named Borno cos am not understanding what this fura drinker is talking about. Bunch of idiots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 13, 2020
Even though we ain't seeing the impact of the bills because of certain reasons known to them(legislature's).

27 bills and this country is still crawling? Who am I to judge this sinful and deceitful world...

When the appointed time comes, Imes will show his presence and you all will marvel at his sight.

Imes,we await your coming.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 13, 2020
Exemplary though. But most of our bills dont address or solve our problems

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by vibbb: 6:43am On Jan 13, 2020
Weldon oga, u said it will help in bringing the needed legal frameworks for the development of the country.
A country that those not pay attention to rule of law, so what's the need.
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by Bossontop(m): 6:44am On Jan 13, 2020
undecided
Oga "CHIP WHIP" how many pipu don benefit from d bills??.....

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by Ajibade123(m): 6:46am On Jan 13, 2020
guy all what you are saying is trash
anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by Ajibade123(m): 6:46am On Jan 13, 2020
guy all what you are saying is trash
anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by wonuks(m): 6:47am On Jan 13, 2020
shocked
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by arantess: 6:47am On Jan 13, 2020
Why he did his job
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by Yankiss(m): 6:49am On Jan 13, 2020
Oga, you try. But how effective are these bills in ending the poverty in the land? The most effective bills are the ones nobody in the National Assembly will think of. It is cutting down drastically on the expenditure of the two houses. That's the drain pipe killing Nigeria.
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by Offpoint: 6:50am On Jan 13, 2020
Hope Chiping and whipping wasn't inclusive in the bills he sponsored?

No matter how bills you've sponsored I'll won't make any difference cuz the captain is heading towards an iceberg.
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:50am On Jan 13, 2020
Numbers of bills don't count if they don't add any meaningful value to the lives of the people or your constituency. .....Why not sponsored the bill to criminalize state governors who delay or don't pay workers salary?
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by bigstan11787(m): 6:55am On Jan 13, 2020
Wish you well
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by SouthSouth1914: 6:58am On Jan 13, 2020
Audio bills! There is no good bills that will be passed in a suppressive government.. None!
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by APCNig: 7:00am On Jan 13, 2020
Flyingngel:

Oga, what has your own representives been doing besides going into university campuses to pick up their grand daughters friends as sex partners?
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by masterflowx(m): 7:01am On Jan 13, 2020
post=85748942:
Anything to move our great nation forward is all we are after.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.
God bless Nigeria.

Nawa o!

Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by APCNig: 7:01am On Jan 13, 2020
Mikelarteta:
Is it the same Borno state or do we have another thing named Borno cos am not understanding what this fura drinker is talking about. Bunch of idiots.
This one is still pained, bitter and depressed
Re: Mohammed Tahir-Monguno: Why I Sponsored 27 Bills In 7 Months by Roon9(m): 7:01am On Jan 13, 2020
Congratulations

Call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tordue Salem: NUJ Issues Police 24-Hour Mandate For Missing Journalist / Ibe Kachikwu - GMD NNPC Does Not Have A Facebook Account / Obasanjo, Jonathan For Probe Over East-West Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.